Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? (3931 Views)

Reno Omokri Says AriseTV Is A 'Propaganda Machine' / Did Tinubu Actually Win 2015 Election For Buhari, Or Is It Just A Propaganda? / South West, Is This Still A Propaganda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Here is how Benjamin Adekunle joined combat in Auchi against Biafra.

He was in bonny in july 1967 before the invasion of Biafra in Midwest , august 1967 and ojukwu sent Biafran troops towards Midwest to distract the federal troop from entering Enugu cause they were already in nsukka

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

Do you know how many times the fight between Nigerian troops and Biafra happened in bonny ? You are the one contradicting yourself , adekunle first invaded bonny and took control of it with no resistance from the biafrans in July 1967 , before ojukwu sent major kalu there,

The account you gave was about Isaac boro an ijaw man who gained trust by the federal government was sent there later in 1968 by adekunle , it wasn't a one time attack it happened back and Forth
It's like you don't know how to read oh

Boro an ijaw man under the command of Adekule who was commissioned to supervise Division 7 and 8 of the Nigerian Army seized Bonny easily in July 28 1967 only ten days later at August 9 Biafra occupied Midwest.

It's was only after Igbos invaded the Midwest with intention of crossing to Yoruba land that Yoruba officers joined the fight.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

He was in bonny in july 1967 before the invasion of Biafra in Midwest , august 1967 and ojukwu sent Biafran troops towards Midwest to distract the federal troop from entering Enugu cause they were already in nsukka
He was not in Bonny in 1967 he commanded a troop led by Boro to capture Bonny in July 28.

And Ojukwu's assault on Yorubaland forced Yoruba officers to join the war.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
It's like you don't know how to read oh

Boro an ijaw man under the command of Adekule who was commissioned to supervise Division 7 and 8 of the Nigerian Army seized Bonny easily in July 28 1967 only ten days later at August 9 Biafra occupied Midwest.

It's was only after Igbos invaded the Midwest with intention of crossing to Yoruba land that Yoruba officers joined the fight.

My friend the dates in your screenshot and my screenshot , adekule seized bonny in July 1967

Isaac boro attack happened in 1968

Besides that , if you claim adekunle commanded Isaac to attack bonny in July 1967 , where was adenkule stationed at that time ? His division was stationed in Biafra territory

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
He was not in Bonny in 1967 he commanded a troop led by Boro to capture Bonny in July 28.

And Ojukwu's assault on Yorubaland forced Yoruba officers to join the war.

He was not in bonny but commanded a troop to attack bonny in July 1967 but you claim Yoruba's were not involved till the invasion of Midwest which happened later in August 20?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

My friend the dates in your screenshot and my screenshot , adekule seized bonny in July 1967

Isaac boro attack happened in 1968

Besides that , if you claim adekunle commanded Isaac to attack bonny in July 1967 , where was adenkule stationed at that time ? His division was stationed in Biafra territory
So both Adekule and Boro Captured Bonny in the same month?

When did the war even start to begin with that both Boro and Adekunle would capture Bonny in a month? grin

Will they have captured it from each other?

Adekule's divisions were 7th and 8th divisions of the Nigerian army and Boro led the division that captured Bonny which was his ijaw area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

He was not in bonny but commanded a troop to attack bonny in July 1967 but you claim Yoruba's were not involved till the invasion of Midwest which happened later in August 20?
The invasion of Midwest took place on August 9, I have corrected myself

Ten days after Boro freed his ijaw people from igbo led Biafra army.

Yes it is possible to command a troop without being physically present.
Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So both Adekule and Boro Captured Bonny in the same month?

When did the war even start to begin with that both Boro and Adekunle would capture Bonny in a month? grin

Will they capture it from each other?

Adekule's divisions were 7th and 8th divisions of the Nigerian army and Boro led the division that captured Bonny which was his ijaw area.

You are not following me , adekunle invasion happened July 1967 alani was there in December same year , Isaac boro was in 1968 two different dates

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

You are not following me , adekunle invasion happened July 1967 alani was there in December same year , Isaac boro was in 1968 two different dates

Olodo

Isaac boro motion was 1967 sir

He died May 1968, So how could he have led an assault after his death.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The invasion of Midwest took place on August 9, I have corrected myself

Ten days after Boro freed his ijaw people from igbo led Biafra army.

Yes it is possible to command a troop without being physically present.

You are confused adekunle never handle a gun to fight on the battle field, his job was only to command the troops under him , the invasion of Midwest happened in August 9 1967 , the bonny invasion by adekunles troops happened earlier in July 1967
Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

You are confused adekunle never handle a gun to fight on the battle field, his job was only to command the troops under him , the invasion of Midwest happened in August 9 1967 , the bonny invasion by adekunles troops happened earlier in July 1967
You are sick for you to say a military man never handled a gun grin

Why do you think they called him Scorpion

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Olodo

Isaac boro motion was 1967 sir
That happened in July 26 1968 look at your screenshot well ,

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

That happened in July 26 1968 look at your screenshot well ,
He died May 1968 and led assault July 1968

Do you have a brain at all? grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are sick for you to say a military man never handled a gun grin

Why do you think they called him Scorpion

That's not the point , the point is his troops attacked bonny in july 1967 , that was before Biafra invaded Midwest later in August 9
Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
jimyjames:

That's not the point , the point is his troops attacked bonny in july 1967 , that was before Biafra invaded Midwest later in August 9
The point is Boro led the attack on igbo led army not Adekunle.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
He died May 1968 and led assault July 1968

Do you have a brain at all? grin

OK he led attack on bonny july 1967 but he was commanded by adekunle why will you say Yoruba's were not involved?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The point is Boro led the attack on igbo led army not Adekunle.

The point is Yoruba's were already in Biafra territory fighting before the invasion of Midwest adekunles division was already involved
Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
Asgard13:

Because Lagos was the then capital of Nigeria

Any other reason?

Meaning now they've all moved their headquarters to Abuja? Thanks for the enlightenment.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by Sammy07: 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Delta Media belongs to Istekiri and Uhrobo

Vanguard and Guardian

Oh, thanks you sir. cool
Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by fabyom: 12:47am On Jun 12, 2020
Yoruba got involved because of the capture of ORE a town between Edo State and Ondo State by the Biafrans showing their intention of moving the battle into Yoruba land. If the Igbos have been wise enough to stay off other people's land everyone would have been independent by now. The same thing is happening again. Just fight for your five states, go back there and no one will bother you. It is that simple. If the Igbos are serious about getting independent, they know what to do. Stay off other people's territory! and go back home.
Stop disturbing us with chest-beating all the time
jimyjames:

The point is Yoruba's were already in Biafra territory fighting before the invasion of Midwest adekunles division was already involved

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by jimyjames(m): 8:27am On Jun 12, 2020
fabyom:
Yoruba got involved because of the capture of ORE a town between Edo State and Ondo State by the Biafrans showing their intention of moving the battle into Yoruba land. If the Igbos have been wise enough to stay off other people's land everyone would have been independent by now. The same thing is happening again. Just fight for your five states, go back there and no one will bother you. It is that simple. If the Igbos are serious about getting independent, they know what to do. Stay off other people's territory! and go back home.
Stop disturbing us with chest-beating all the time

You are dull the invasion of Midwest towards ore by the biafrans happened in August 9 , adekunle and his troops were already deep in Biafra territory in rivers state fighting Biafran earlier in July 1967 so don't tell me lies .

If you Yoruba's and northerners weren't jealous of eastern region which became a nation of Biafra, everyone could have been independent by now , its your envy and jealousy that united you with northerners to fight us.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by comos: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2020
micseyi:
I keep noticing a recurrent trend on Nairaland and on the social media space on how Yorubas ‘dominate’ the media. People keep using the phrase ‘Yoruba dominated media’.

Now my question is that which media exactly is dominated by Yorubas? I sincerely don’t understand.

I had to make a personal research and I did not notice any ethnic group dominating the media.

Even Omokri erroneously said the Yorubas dominate the media. https://www.nairaland.com/5915553/igbos-dominates-nigerias-commercial-sector

From my research using Wikipedia, here are the owners of the most popular media groups in Nigeria.

1. NTA: Nigerian Government
2. Channels TV: owner from Edo State
3. TVC: owned by Yoruba man
4. AIT: owner from Edo State
5. Silverbird: owner from Bayelsa State
6. Daily Trust: owned by northerners from sokoto State
7. Nigeria Tribune: Owned by a Yoruba group
8. The Punch: Owned by Yoruba man
9. This Day: Owned by an Igbo woman
10. The Sun: Owned by an Igbo group
11. Vanguard: Owner was from Delta State
12. Guardian: Owner from Delta State

Above media organisations, are no doubt the most popular and widely used in Nigeria. I don’t see any domination from any ethnic group, but this is just my view and I may be wrong. I need someone to explain to me these assertions that Yorubas dominate the media

Only Guardian newspaper report truth.
The rest resport lies as it suit them
Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by MDM2021: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
jimyjames:

The invasion of Midwest happened in August 9- September 20 1967 , before that time adekunle already sieze bonny in July 1967 , alani akinrinade came later in December same year

So 1968 came into existence before 1967?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by MDM2021: 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
jimyjames:

So 1968 came before 1967?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by MDM2021: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
jimyjames:

You are dull the invasion of Midwest towards ore by the biafrans happened in August 9 , adekunle and his troops were already deep in Biafra territory in rivers state fighting Biafran earlier in July 1967 so don't tell me lies .

If you Yoruba's and northerners weren't jealous of eastern region which became a nation of Biafra, everyone could have been independent by now , its your envy and jealousy that united you with northerners to fight us.

Lie! August 9, 1967 came into existence before July 26, 1968. It's not just about the month, but about both the month and the year.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by MDM2021: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
jimyjames:

Why was the leader of the Eastern region against having a secession clause in the independence constitution despite their experiences with the Jos riot of 1945 and Kano riot of 1953? Why was the Midwestern region, which comprised of the present-day Delta State and Edo State, carved out of the then Western region in June 1963 by the government headed by Zik and Balewa but the same government did not carve out the Mid-eastern region from the then Eastern region and the Mid-Northen region from the then Northern region? The Mid-eastern region that was not created and the Midwestern region that was created are what make up the present-day South South region. The biggest mistake was the separation of the Itsekiris from their kits and kins in the South West.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by aribisala0(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2022

Do you know the history of Lagos-ibadan express newspaper?
Do you?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by aribisala0(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2022

Do you know the history of Lagos-ibadan express newspaper?
Do you? What is Lagos- Ibadan express newspaper? Tell us what that is before talking about History
Truth is there is NOTHING LIKE that

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by aribisala0(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2022
helinues:
Most of their headquarters are located in SW hence majority of them useful for SW tools
So Alaba market and Ladipo market are SW tools?

Not logical
Re: Yoruba Dominated Media A Propaganda? by aribisala0(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
jimyjames:

Who are those who united to fight the Igbo's in a civil war?
So you agree the civil war was an Ibo enterprise designed to appropriate the land and resources of Eastern minorities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Edo Campaign Is A Promotion Of EFCC Customers- El-rufai / There's 'NO' Indiginious Igbo In Cross- River State / 2023: South South Will Shock Tinubu&apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.