Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her (45640 Views)

6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued / 51-Year-Old Rapist Shamed In Ekiti (Photo) / Kenya Sales Girl Accused Of Having Sex In The Toilet Dies After Fight (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by purples25(f): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
If true then she didn't do anything wrong. Some bastards here think that she should have waited or fought with fear for the mans life, when he wanted to chook her by force! She should lie down and be raped so he won't die.

Later you people will still blame the rape on her.

Yes, if defending yourself becomes a battle to the death, then you must kill! And i am sure she didn't do it deliberately, but in the process of self defense, the fight became brutal and a life or death situation.

She should sit down to be raped. So that her rapist won't die. So that the useless man( if true) won't die. She should let him satisfy his dick. I swear lots of you here are heartless.

2 Likes

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by muykem: 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
OriOko88:
My own point is, did she really stabbed the man to death but was acquitted based on self defence, Or she was acquitted because they lied against her or she wasn't d killer
Go and read again. What happened is clearly stated. Don't be lazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by frank417: 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
[.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by angelfallz(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
cococandy:
okay.
Done.

Doesn’t really take or add anything to/from my post still.
Like seriously?
She was acquitted because there was no clear cut evidence that she killed the man. Didn't you read that?
If she didn't kill the man, then who did?
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by blackjack21(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
legitnow:
They should get ready for more stabbing and claims of sexual harrassment as the reason.

Whites are better judges because they reason better.

Even if u release her must not be straight away or published straight away..

That is not how they do it, otherwise she will kill again at the slightest sense of being offended.

She has now taken a live and that makes it easier for her to do it again.

The case was struck out because the persecution could not provide a proof that she actually committed the offence not because of the alleged rape.
If anybody, indeed, murdered their allege rapist, they would need a very sensational and substantial amount of proofs to go scot-free.

if you can't think at least read. or rather take your inferiority complex away from public forums.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by jrusky(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Pls free the girl. Rapist deserve death and the bitch had died.

No mercy fir rapist.

#FreetheGirl#

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by Heavensent01(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
I pity guys that she will date, she will even do it to the extent of killing and burying them now that she know had been taking on the journey of justice

she should have been punished perhaps cleaning some places in Lagos or a fine of a millions. I fear men will be come vulnerable with this kind of law, Nigeria emulating gender inequality gradually

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by 2016easy2017: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
this is the best news i have read tgis year. if this is permitted, self-defence, rape would drastically vanished
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by OteneX(m): 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
This story is incomplete.
There are many questions to be asked.
Why was the girl in the gateman house?
What evidence shows it was rape?
Since the man is dead now, how do we actually know it wasn't murder??

One million questions, he is dead to give us his own side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by muykem: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
I am also a man and also love sex but what I don't understand is that how will you enjoying sex with a woman you are forcing? I can not even have sex with a woman that's not emotional ready but doing it reluctantly for other benefit.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by OriOko88(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
muykem:
Go and read again. What happened is clearly stated. Don't be lazy.
Gbenu e soun. If u can't answer d question, shut that hell up and stop quoting me. Its not that I mentioned u to answer d question for me.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by legitnow: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
[s]
blackjack21:

The case was struck out because the persecution could not provide a proof that she actually committed the offence not because of the alleged rape.
If anybody, indeed, murdered their allege rapist, they would need a very sensational and substantial amount of proofs to go scot-free.

if you can't think at least read. or rather take your inferiority complex away from public forums.
[/s]

At the proceedings today, Magistrate Ojo said the court had received the DPP’s report. He said the report corroborated the facts of the matter as set out in the case file, that that there were “insufficient facts to establish a prima facie case of murder against the suspect.”
The magistrate then acquitted and discharged the minor.

Who is the prosecution as u stated?

Is it Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP)

Read the below and get sense.

They did prosecute the case, they let her go.

Magistrate Philip Ojo struck out the murder charge filed by the police against the Senior Secondary School (SSS) 3 student, following an advice from the office of the Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP).
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by cococandy(f): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
angelfallz:

Like seriously?
She was acquitted because there was no clear cut evidence that she killed the man. Didn't you read that?
If she didn't kill the man, then who did?

I read that.

I said it doesn’t take anything from my post because for her to be released , the court must have had evidence that she was saying the truth (I.e signs of a struggle with the man) or in this case can’t prove she killed him. So either way it doesn’t take or add anything to my post. They had a reason under the law to release her.

Who killed him? I’m assuming for her to state that he tried to rape her means she was involved somehow.
It’s left for them to make a good case and get justice.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by Ybaby: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
sweetnonsense:
How can we sure he actually intended to rape her... Or this is just a ploy to go Scot free of murder... Well, only God knows all

When it is your daughter's turn - install a camera on her so she can record rape events.

If you try any nonsense with your friend's daughter you will knock on heaven's door

Silly man!

Lagos State government is really raising the bar.... we are grateful!

Please keep an eye on the rape apologist above quoted here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by ferking(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
rape case should always be investigated, because bad girls and bad women has been using false rape story to sent many promising boys and men to their early grave since 1901

2 Likes

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by legitnow: 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Black people abuse their own institution.

They cannot be trusted with anything.

They lack principle and everything is shady and shabby.

We need the whites back. This is the samething they did in Imo State.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by SirMichael1: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
69Ansour69:
Mehhhnn!
Only God has more wisdom behind why i haven't become a president in this goddehm' country

You rape, you get castrated one time!!

That's the rule, mahhn!
Seun!
Would you come to an aid of this depressed niggarrr?
A man gets castrated after he rapes. Okay fine. But what happens after a woman rapes?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by kokomilala(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nigeria Police are laughably very comical. The girl acted in self defence. I'm certain they did their thorough investigation. But they still chose to tread the part of nonsense.
Lagos State government takes the issue of rape very seriously and always resorts to the DPP for counsel. And if the DPP argued wisely and justifiably that there was no case of murder. Then, it's settled and justice is served. Would-be rapists should take a cue from this : never try to snatch that ineffable right from those, who at any moment ,appear vulnerable, whether they be minors or adults.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by legitnow: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
I am not against her release but I dont think it should be straight away.

They can hold her on house arrest whilst she continue her studies and attend the court of appeal, so she understand murder is a serious offence and the penalty involve.

The legal frame work as much as it condemns, disciplines and corrects.

It should have been applied here to the fullest. That is y we have several levels of court. Due process!

If they are all laughing and shining teeth, the young girl is going away thinking she has right to kill.

This is my concern not the fact she was set free.

I think that could have been later after she is dragged about for a year, with possibility of never being free again.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by muykem: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
OriOko88:

Gbenu e soun. If u can't answer d question, shut that hell up and stop quoting me. Its not that I mentioned u to answer d question for me.
I know you didn't mention me but I hate lazy youth. There's a saying that if you want to hid things from black, put it into book. Are you not ashamed of yourself.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by purples25(f): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Heavensent01:
I pity guys that she will date, she will even do it to the extent of killing and burying them now that she know had been taking on the journey of justice

she should have been punished perhaps cleaning some places in Lagos or a fine of a millions. I fear men will be come vulnerable with this kind of law, Nigeria emulating gender inequality gradually

Punished for what?
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by legitnow: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
Heavensent01:

It is not her fault, Black people are just a problem in this world.

That is why white people want to kill them all.

They are a burden to white.

Cant u see how open gutters is in front of their house and shops. grin grin
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by blackjack21(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
purples25:
If true then she didn't do anything wrong. Some bastards here think that she should have waited or fought with fear for the mans life, when he wanted to chook her by force! She should lie down and be raped so he won't die.

Later you people will still blame the rape on her.

Yes, if defending yourself becomes a battle to the death, then you must kill! And i am sure she didn't do it deliberately, but in the process of self defense, the fight became brutal and a life or death situation.

She should sit down to be raped. So that her rapist won't die. So that the useless man( if true) won't die. She should let him satisfy his dick. I swear lots of you here are heartless.

Calm down, woman.
firstly, that's a very big IF.
Now let's assume that she actually murdered the man, now that fact has been established. The question now is how can you convince a judge or the jury that he attempted to rape you and you acted in self defense? Given that there is no proof of the deceased as a previous offender,
even if you have any of the deceased semen fluid in your vagina, in contention of any prosecution attorney who is worth his salt, you will find it very impossible to defend yourself action as self defense.

The first question would be what are you doing visiting the house of your school gateman?
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by angelfallz(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
cococandy:

I read that.

I said it doesn’t take anything from my post because for her to be released , the court must have had evidence that she was saying the truth (I.e signs of a struggle with the man) or in this case can’t prove she killed him. So either way it doesn’t take or add anything to my post. They had a reason under the law to release her.

Who killed him? I’m assuming for her to state that he tried to rape her means she was involved somehow.
It’s left for them to make a good case and get justice.

Smh
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by IVORY2009(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
4ckz:
Self defense is not a crime. I won't sit down and watch you harm me when I can defend myself.

Lolzzzzz
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by OriOko88(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
muykem:
I know you didn't mention me but I hate lazy youth. There's a saying that if you want to hid things from black, put it into book. Are you not ashamed of yourself.
Its not me you'll be using to play cheap thrills. Sip your frustration down down your throat.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by Shamzo4u: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
Is okay
We are allowed to kill anyone who tries to kill us.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by enonche85(m): 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
simplexvi:
but, how sure are we dt he actually tried to rape her? them say person wey die, na em matter worse pass, cos em nogo fit do anything again

But do u think a 15yr old girl will just get up, pick up a knife, and then go and stab a 51yr old man for no just reason?. Well, if she's guilty of murder karma will definitely pay her a visit.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by blackjack21(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
legitnow:
[s][/s]

Who is the prosecution as u stated?

Is it Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP)

Read the below and get sense.

They did prosecute the case, they let her go.

Magistrate Philip Ojo struck out the murder charge filed by the police against the Senior Secondary School (SSS) 3 student, following an advice from the office of the Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP).

That's simply because the PR side of the case is a uphill struggle.
if the deceased family solicite the service of private lawyer and it's established that she committed the murder, it would be guilty until proven innocent, the judge would have to hear the case.
There's difference between looking and seeing.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by Biodun1929(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
4ckz:
Self defense is not a crime. I won't sit down and watch you harm me when I can defend myself.

True.
Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by Biodun1929(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
YoungLionken:
When faced with two evils, choose the lesser evil. The gurl killing the man is the lesser evil. I commend her effort, instead of just lying there sheepishly..

It's time we allowed our female go for karate/kungfu/taekwondo lessons...

True ...they also need to walk around with pepper spray. That stuff is more effective than a lot realize, and it doesn't take strength to use.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees Girl Accused Of Murdering 51-year-old Man Who Attempted To Rape Her by legitnow: 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
blackjack21:

That's simply because the PR side of the case is a uphill struggle.
if the deceased family solicite the service of private lawyer and it's established that she committed the murder, it would be guilty until proven innocent, the judge would have to hear the case.
There's difference between looking and seeing.

Listen, the people that are suppose to gather evidence, asked the court to dismiss the case.

Do u know the job of Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP).

Basically, Lagos state asked the Court to kill the case.

That to me is lawlessness at its peak.

it sends the wrong signal to others out there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obituary: Pastor Blessed Kelechukwu Iwuanyawu Burial Posters / Photos Of Father David Tanko Killed And Burnt By Armed Bandits In Taraba / In Anambra: Domestic Worker Cuts Off Woman’s Genitals For Money Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.