Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ (7323 Views)

Benin Republic Is Nigeria's 37th State, Says Yayi / Madinatul Islam: Nigeria's 37th State? / Germany, Nigeria's 37th State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Abagworo(m): 1:47am On Jan 25, 2011
Those Beninoise feel so inferior amongst Nigerians.They are quite lucky to have Yoruba blood.My gate man is a Beninoise but claims Osun Yoruba to avoid immigration wahala.We should appreciate Nigeria.It is a thing of pride being Nigerian.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Kilode1: 1:52am On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

That is so 1860

Since yesterday:

Lawrence Akindele = Oyebambam

Hehe

I think Oyebambam is a wannabe body-snatcher. Bashorun Musiwa is on vacation. . .
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by ekubear1: 1:57am On Jan 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

I know the thought of Niger in Nigeria will scare you.

Likely many of the Hausa in Niger Republic and surrounding areas have already moved to Kano, lol. So that ship has sailed.

Porous border + wealth differential = Move to Nigeria
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by jason123: 2:17am On Jan 25, 2011
Abagworo:

Those Beninoise feel so inferior amongst Nigerians.They are quite lucky to have Yoruba blood.My gate man is a Beninoise but claims Osun Yoruba to avoid immigration wahala.We should appreciate Nigeria.It is a thing of pride being Nigerian.

The thing is most actually do. It was the british and the internal civil war (about 18-19th century) that separated them. Infact, 2 of oduduwa's children onipopo and onisabe are actually in benin. The yoruba obas have an annual meeting in that country as well not in Nigeria.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by EzeUche2(m): 3:09am On Jan 25, 2011
There are Igbos and Cameroon. My ancestors the Aro Igbo had settlements in Cameroon and they still speak our authentic Aro dialect. The Aro are most widely traveled of all the Igbo. With communities all across the East.

There is a saying for the Aro, in which "they are always moving, but never forgetting about home." Home as in Arochukwu.

Anyway, back on topic. I enjoyed my time in Benin. The people are down to Earth, the cuisine is out of this world. French taste with an African element. Makes the food even better.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by fstranger1: 3:13am On Jan 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

There are Igbos and Cameroon. My ancestors the Aro Igbo had settlements in Cameroon and they still speak our authentic Aro dialect. The Aro are most widely traveled of all the Igbo. With communities all across the East.

There is a saying for the Aro, in which "they are always moving, but never forgetting about home." Home as in Arochukwu.

Anyway, back on topic. I enjoyed my time in Benin. The people are down to Earth, the cuisine is out of this world. French taste with an African element. Makes the food even better.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 25, 2011
Can you believe that I had this Benin man in my Organization for a few years and I always thought he was Yoruba?
He always speak Yoruba to me, has a Yoruba name, and not even part of the Yoruba groups of Benin. I just found out he was from Benin last friday. Shocked and pleasantly surprised. Not surprising that he loves the Yoruba culture and talks about it a great deal. such a respectful and diligent man.

God bless the welcomingly welcome-ness of Yoruba people towards other groups.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by ekubear1: 3:30am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Can you believe that I had this Benin man in my Organization for a few years and I always thought he was Yoruba?
He always speak Yoruba to me, has a Yoruba name, and not even part of the Yoruba groups of Benin. I just found out he was from Benin last friday. Shocked and pleasantly surprised. Not surprising that he loves the Yoruba culture and talks about it a great deal. such a respectful and diligent man.

DJ Khaled voice: "WE DA BEST"
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by fstranger1: 3:31am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

There are people like that too in Ghana

I was shocked at this guy's Yoruba until he told me that he is Ghanaian and that he has never been to Nigeria.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Kilode1: 4:57am On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

I was shocked at this guy's Yoruba until he told me that he is Ghanaian and that he has never been to Nigeria.

eku_bear:

DJ Khaled voice: "WE DA BEST"

Ileke-IdI:

See, I told Y'all, the Irunmoles don't hate, they share  cool

O'dua a gbe gbogbo yin! ase!
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by EzeUche2(m): 5:02am On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

That's a damn lie!

I lived in Ghana for a couple of years. There are no native Yorubas in Ghana. The Ewe are similar to Yorubas through conquest, but they do not speak the same language. And I have traveled extensively throughout Ghana. The Volta Region which is the Eastern portion of Ghana is thoroughly Ewe.

Yorubaland does not even extend past the Fon, who are found in Benin. And anyone who thinks the Fon language is part of the Yoruba language is sadly mistaken. Fon is more related to Ewe, Aja and Gen language.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by aljharem(m): 5:36am On Jan 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

That's a damn lie!

I lived in Ghana for a couple of years. There are no native Yorubas in Ghana. The Ewe are similar to Yorubas through conquest, but they do not speak the same language. And I have traveled extensively throughout Ghana. The Volta Region which is the Eastern portion of Ghana is thoroughly Ewe.

Yorubaland does not even extend past the Fon, who are found in Benin. And anyone who thinks the Fon language is part of the Yoruba language is sadly mistaken. Fon is more related to Ewe, Aja and Gen language.

that is right
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Jenifa1: 5:56am On Jan 25, 2011
i've also heard people talk of Benin as an extension of Nigeria. Never thought of it as a 37th state though. hmm interesting
so becomerich is from benin? No wonder
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by fstranger1: 9:31am On Jan 25, 2011
Jenifa_:

i've also heard people talk of Benin as an extension of Nigeria. Never thought of it as a 37th state though. hmm interesting
so becomerich is from benin? No wonder

You are so clueless about everything!

SO So clueless about Nigeria

Who ever said becomrichn was from benin

Gosh!
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Jenifa1: 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
^I think you are crazy. Why are you taking everything literally?
besides I was responding to jason's comment about becomerich being from benin.

and what's all the gosh about? are you gay
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by fstranger1: 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2011
Jenifa_:

^I think you are crazy. Why are you taking everything literally?
besides I was responding to jason's comment about becomerich being from benin.

and what's all the gosh about? are you gay

Ode!

I am gay, and your father is my Gay partner.

Jason never said that Becomrichn was from Benin.

And, If you knew Becomrichn, you wouldnt ask such asinine question.

Now, go suck your father a lil and get some sense in your freaking head before coming here to yarn opata.

Id!ot mofo Nigerian-wanna be whitey!

Oloshi!
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Jenifa1: 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
Seun obviously has good sense for opening the forum to non-nigerians as well. go and cry in the corner if u don't like it.

Please, do not mind Becomrich. He is from Benin and he wants to force the yorubas in Nigeria to join Benin.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by fstranger1: 6:09pm On Jan 25, 2011
Jenifa_:

Seun obviously has good sense for opening the forum to non-nigerians as well. go and cry in the corner if u don't like it.

Is that meant to be a confession?

After days and days of unrelenting lies?

Anyway, a piece of advice for you from you
Jenifa_:

Why are you taking everything literally?

Aare Becomrichn being from Benin is an inside joke only REAL Nigerians can understand and appreciate.

BTW, Where you from?
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by smile11s(m): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2011
I am surprise that becomerich is yet to spot this thread.

someone should please invite him so he can shed more light on this!
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Jenifa1: 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
you mean "an inside joke only nairaland members can appreciate"
unless you think your mom would appreciate the joke.

why should i tell you where i'm from? you don't deserve to know.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by fstranger1: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2011
Jenifa_:

you mean "an inside joke only nairaland members can appreciate"
unless you think your mom would appreciate the joke.

why should i tell you where i'm from? you don't deserve to know.

Absolutely! I am not kidding

Did you realize that no one made mention of it until you brought it up.

All Nigerians understand and appreciate it.

Anyway, where you from. i really want to know. You seem like a nice person.

You've already confessed so i have nothing against you any more.

For all i know, we are friends henceforth.

British?
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by philip0906(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

my friend stop making noise. . .The republic of Benin comprises of the gun,fongbe and then the ajase who are yorubas 4rm d old oyo empire who migrated there and have taken d country as theirs. . .The ajases don't even consider themselves nigerians in any way.So u meeting a beninoise speaking yoruba,is 4rm d act that they have a clan that speak yoruba in their country.The person u r even talking of,might just be 4rm d ajase clan in porto-novo.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2011
philip0906:

my friend stop making noise. . .The republic of Benin comprises of the gun,fongbe and then the ajase who are yorubas 4rm d old oyo empire who migrated there and have taken d country as theirs. . .The ajases don't even consider themselves nigerians in any way.So u meeting a beninoise speaking yoruba,is 4rm d act that they have a clan that speak yoruba in their country.The person u r even talking of,might just be 4rm d ajase clan in porto-novo.

Can someone plz translate this to "owanbe", cuz I dont understand "okoronbe" grin jk jk
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by fstranger1: 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Can someone plz translate this to "owanbe", cuz I dont understand "okoronbe" grin jk jk

Now you have it:

我的朋友,停止制造噪音。 。 。贝宁共和国组成的枪,然后ajase fongbe谁是yorubas4rm d的奥约帝国谁移居那里,并已采取d为他们的国家。 。 。该ajases甚至不认为自己在任何way.So会议上发言约鲁巴ü beninoise尼日利亚人,是4rmð行为,他们有一个家族的人说他们country.The乌尔约鲁巴人甚至谈论,可能只是4rmð ajase族在波多诺伏

How was school today?
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by philip0906(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ur friend is prolly ajase or lived with ajases,dats y he speaks yoruba. . .not cos he came 4 yoruba tutorials in ekiti state or loved d yoruba culture so much dat he learnt yoruba as a second language. . .Geddit? undecided
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2011
philip0906:

your friend is prolly ajase or lived with ajases,dats y he speaks yoruba. . .not cos he came 4 yoruba tutorials in ekiti state or loved d yoruba culture so much dat he learnt yoruba as a second language. . .Geddit? undecided

Why is it so hard to "love" Yoruba culture for you people? Like I said, he was a great friend of mines, even ate Yoruba food that I cooked. Infact, I loved him being a Benin that LOVES and appreciates Yoruba culture. Even more pleasing grin

@fstranger
Mi o ti se tan. Mo kan n post pelu phone mi. sukuri ti tie nko?
abi o si n le awon sisi elese tooth-pick (bluetooth's words) kakiri cheesy
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Kilode1: 7:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Stranger

Warrior, you need to trademark your "girl pick-up" style ASAP.

I think it should be called "cuss to conquer" shocked
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by ekubear1: 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2011
Kilode?!:

@Stranger

Warrior, you need to trademark your "girl pick-up" style ASAP.

I think it should be called "cuss to conquer"  shocked
grin grin grin

@fstranger: I've wondered, do you use this strategy in RL too? I've known some dudes who it has been extremely effective for, just wondering if you are one of them. Like, playful teasing gives good results, but this other strategy you are using. . . seems a bit dicey.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Jenifa1: 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

Absolutely! I am not kidding
Did you realize that no one made mention of it until you brought it up.
All Nigerians understand and appreciate it.
Anyway, where you from. i really want to know. You seem like a nice person.
You've already confessed so i have nothing against you any more.
For all i know, we are friends henceforth.
British?

you are not serious at all. Why should I be bothered about what others bring up? Besides you were the one taking the comment literally.
I am from papua new guinea.
you have a very caustic personality btw. i feel bad for those who have to deal with you on a daily basis.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by ezeagu(m): 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2011
More than 7% of Bioko island is Igbo, Nigeria must provide boats to that island if this is passed or it is unfair. And they better not forget the Aro settlements in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, yes, the whole of the Bight of Biafra! angry
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Obiagu1(m): 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
smile11s:

I am surprise that becomerich is yet to spot this thread.

someone should please invite him so he can shed more light on this!

I think becomerich has seen it but doesn't want to associate himself with a thread that wants to make Benin the 37th state of Nigeria, rather he prefers to remove Yoruba and Edo to Benin Republic.
Re: ‘benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State’ by Obiagu1(m): 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2011
ezeagu:

More than 7% of Bioko island is Igbo, Nigeria must provide boats to that island if this is passed or it is unfair. And they better not forget the Aro settlements in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, yes, the whole of the Bight of Biafra! angry

They used to be more than 7% but returned to Nigeria during Francisco Macías Nguema regime.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Embassy In Nigeria Begins $119m Annex Project / Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims / $9.6b Judgment: Ex-cjn Belgore, Others May Face Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.