Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

Youth Corper's Enslavement In Voter's Registration. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Corper's Enslavement In Voter's Registration. (529 Views)

Is NIGERIA Willingly Opting For Economic And Political Enslavement To China?? / Enslavement, AFRICOM And The Re-colonization Of Africa / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youth Corper's Enslavement In Voter's Registration. by freeman191(m): 10:03am On Jan 25, 2011
Being a former corper myself not to long ago, i understand the pain and troubles the youth corper's are going through, and believe me they have a right to complain and protest their displeasure and suffering. The corpers threathened to boycott the exercise if their allowances are not paid, they were promised #30,000 naira at the end of the exercise, and also promised #5600 for allowance, which will be shared to them on a daily basis, and they claim that after 7 days into the exercise, nothing has been paid to them.

Some also complain of inconvenience in carrying out their duties, they don't have where to sleep, some sleep on the floor in a classroom, no adequate security, no allowance paid yet to use for food, and they have to suffer insults and harassment from some members of the public, and instead of the top official in NYSC to come to their aid and appeal to them, he was quoted as saying that the Youth Corper's should not even dare downing their tools, that what they are doing is a service to their nation.

Wow, what a statement, what i will first say in reply is that if it was his own children on the street, would he have made such a statement or even allowed them to partake. We enslave people in the name of service to our fatherland, when they are not directly involved, why cant the senators say they are serving their father land and not collect any jumbo pay, why cant the ministers, governors say they are serving their father land and not receive what is due to them.

For God sake, this are people's children, future Governors, CEO's etc, no matter there small beginning or in the name of being a youth Corper should they be treated with less respect and less humanity, i served in a far away land in ebonyi in the eastern region and i remember days when we ate rice with salt and no stew, no oil, no pepper, no meat for good one week, because the federal government refused to pay early, and all in the name of serving my father land, which does not cater for you.

I really expect that in the coming days that this youth Corpers should be paid all their allowance, and i certainly hope that those in charge of releasing this funds have not kept it in the bank as fixed deposit so that it will yield interest for them. And whenever we go out to register lets not forget to accord respect to this heroes who have given their time and effort to make sure that we don't suffer for the next four years.

curled from www.voiceoutng.com
Re: Youth Corper's Enslavement In Voter's Registration. by asscend: 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2011
Where are our senators?

They must look into this quickly.

My suggestion is all Agrived coppers should sign up in a forum and send the petition to the govt and also one to the international media.

(1) (Reply)

Arewa Crisis Deepens As Jonathan’s Man Hits Back / Imagine Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport / Bomb Scare, Low Turnout Mar Jonathan’s Plateau Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.