Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,773 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer (59457 Views)

Photos From John Odigie-Oyegun 80th Birthday Celebration / Where Is Odigie Oyegun? / Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Ingocof(m): 1:12am On Jun 13, 2020
bolaayenimo:
What's Oyegun's political value?

just a vote

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by stayclearofme: 1:13am On Jun 13, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
Apc is dead in Edo state
As if your vote counts.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Peacecoy19: 1:20am On Jun 13, 2020
bolaayenimo:
ZERO even edo!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Peacecoy19: 1:25am On Jun 13, 2020
Tap0lane:
Worse case PDP win Edo state. I am okay with that so long the foolish Obaseki that refused to swarr in 14 democratically elected representatives is not allowed to do anther 4 years.
Gbam
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by McKayConcept(m): 1:36am On Jun 13, 2020
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD EDUCATE ME HERE. ARE WE TALKING ABOUT A DIFFERENT CREDENTIAL USED BY OBASEKI TO CONTEST THE FIRST TENURE? BUT WHY DIDNT HE USE THE SAME ONES HE USED IN THE FIRST TENURE.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by es144000: 1:40am On Jun 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

The problem was that Obaseki went late to see the godfather of yoruba politics (Tinubu) knowing fully well his state is a Yoruba state and the people has APC at heart.

To me the visit should have been more earlier. I think his actions got Tinubu angry. A stitch in time saves nine
How is Edo state a Yoruba state?You major tribes are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Pacesetter123(m): 2:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Weda he silently work for opposition or he himself decamp to opposition party, contested election n win.They will collect him or his anointed candidate to Oshiomole candidate even if he will be number 4 in de ladder.Ask Okorocha or Ihedioha how far in Imo state.Nigeria politics is dirty....So leave it..oo my brother.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by AreaFada2: 2:02am On Jun 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

The problem was that Obaseki went late to see the godfather of yoruba politics (Tinubu) knowing fully well his state is a Yoruba state and the people has APC at heart.

To me the visit should have been more earlier. I think his actions got Tinubu angry. A stitch in time saves nine

Yoruba state in your dreams.

Midwest refused to be Awo's fiefdom in 1963. Edo will again refuse to be Tinubu's fief soon enough. Any victory of APC in September may turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory. Impunity has a way of biting people's arse.

How come APC has only one senator and one HoR member from Edo State? grin grin grin

It's obvious are looking for political empire in the whole South in the service of their Northern masters. Not interested in restructuring that would favour the whole South.

It is only current selfish Edo politicians (of all parties) who are seeking just power that easily forget Edo/Delta (Midwest) history and experience with Western Region.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by iddonla: 3:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Sleevia:

How is his state a Yoruba state? If it were igbos now, u cretins will call it attache by force.

Benin blood flows in me and was raised by Benin people and I know who owns Edo state as majority.

Sit this one out... PDP owned that state at one time but let's watch and see what will happen.
Cant you see the idiot u quoted is igbo trying to cause bad blood between yoruba and edo
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by iddonla: 3:02am On Jun 13, 2020
AreaFada2:

Midwest refused to be Awo's fiefdom in 1963. Edo will again refuse to be Tinubu's fief soon enough. Any victory of APC in September may turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory. Impunity has a way of biting people's arse.

How come APC has only one senator and one HoR member from Edo State? grin grin grin

It's obvious are looking for political empire in the whole South in the service of their Northern masters. Not interested in restructuring that would favour the whole South.

It is only current selfish Edo politicians (of all parties) who are seeking just power that easily forget Edo/Delta (Midwest) history and experience with Western Region.
Cant you see the idiot u quoted is igbo trying to cause bad blood between yoruba and edo??
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Tiheanacho(m): 3:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Sholaco:
Why ipob always cry more than the bereaved? What's your business in the affairs of Nigeria politics sad
IPOB kill u there. Idiot.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by front4aru(m): 4:19am On Jun 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

Oga Nigeria is not fair enough. If Nigeria is fair enough, there's absolutely no point seeing anyone before you finally emerge into any of the political office. Of course it's something to be decided upon by the populace and not by any political leaders. Nigeria as a country is in a total mess.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by One4me: 5:26am On Jun 13, 2020
bolaayenimo:

Thank you for this question!
That useless Old man is one of the fools that misled Obaseki and made him fall into this current Pit.
Oyegun was the one who was stoking the fire and embolding Obaseki to disrespect Oshiomole.
Somebody should please remind GrandPa Oyegun tha he is a spent force and if not for the sake of Old age, he would have got a deserved Slap for this nonsense talk.
Where was Oyegun when Obaseki refused to inaugurate majority (14) validly elected Assembly men of APC?
Where was Oyegun when Obaseki sent thugs to harrass Oshiomole and banned him from entering a State that he Oshiomole, was a two-time Governor?

Honestly, some people lose their sense as they become older, it is called Senility, Oyegun should be confined to an Old Peoples home, to enjoy the rest of his life otherwise if he opens his mouth again to spew rubbish, na flog we go flog am.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Torg77: 6:42am On Jun 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

You sound smart to yourself and dumb people .How long is Nigeria going to have democracy controlled not by the people but by godfathers who want to look with ease

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by shugabasbn: 7:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Amozever12:

I don't think so, Fashola was the choice of Tinubu during the 2nd tenure against Dr.Hamzat which the state party wanted. If Ambode had been submissive enough to Tinubu and his men, his fate would've changed, but it was too late when he realized his mistake.

Hmmm
Fashola was nearly denied the second time ticket it took intervention of some groups before he could be offered n his good works really spoke for him
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by TheAviator: 7:30am On Jun 13, 2020
emkz:

If he was a popular governor, by now there'd be riots in Edo State.

I don't know if he is popular or not but I politely disagree with you on this point. Whether a politician is popular or not, you know it that Nigerians don't riot to fight for their franchise and votes. We are very passive. So, even if he is popular in Edo, nobody will riot anything. The highest people will do is to shout online.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by emkz: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2020
TheAviator:

I don't know if he is popular or not but I politely disagree with you on this point. Whether a politician is popular or not, you know it that Nigerians don't riot to fight for their franchise and votes. We are very passive. So, even if he is popular in Edo, nobody will riot anything. The highest people will do is to shout online.

Disagreements are welcome bros.

Remember in 2011, when Buhari lost and riots broke out in 12 northern states? So Nigerians (in the north) do fight when they feel cheated. I do agree that down south, the people are more docile and perform this siddon-look strategy while their collective patrimony is ravaged on the daily. If Governor Obaseki was as popular in Edo State as Buhari was in the north, Edo State would be on fire by now. But it must be mentioned that there is no politician alive now in Nigeria that is as popular as Buhari was pre-2015.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by ramatintin(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2020
Malawian:

APC didn't win an election into Edo state, They got a kangaroo Court ruling to install Oshiomole. PDP was ruling through Oserienme Osunbo.
osunbo never won that election it was obasanjo that manipulated the results in favor of osunbor
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by frank41(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2020
McCoy662:
If Obaseki's credentials are truly genuine, why not go to court and reverse things for himself?
On the other hand, if he knows he's contesting with a forged credentials and he went ahead to fight oshomole that knows him in and out, then thank God for getting a liar out of the Edo guber race
Weren't they aware that his cert.was doctored before he was voted into office?
Why is oshomole trying or struggling to pull him down because he didnt concede to his shady advice(s) or plans?
Let's do away with godfatherism because it is not helping issues rather than harm(s) to us
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Bambambiglo: 10:20am On Jun 13, 2020
imhotep:

Sai PDP

Cc lzaa metaphysical afamed bambambiglo

Pained losers. Smh PDP the refuse dump party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by XchangeCoins(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
It's totally absurd for a 21st century graduate to think like a 20th century folk.

Are you still sitting there blaming the government for their incapabilities?

Why not join one of the fastest growing team and let's show you how you can be making a whooping sum of over 2.5 Million naira every 120days from the comfort of your home with just a capital of N2000 ~ 4$

If this opportunity doesn't change your life positively, I doubt if anyother will.

FINANCIAL FREEDOM IS A CHOICE ONLY ACTION SEPARATES YOU

come and learn how blockchain smart Contract is changing the lives of ordinary people day by day
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by doubleportion: 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
Bar1941:
Even the blind can see Obaseki will be deprived of the ticket, if he's sure of himself and the work he did in the state, he should go elsewhere and fight APC as a man.

From the day he started going against his elsewhile boss, he should expect two things will happen: either he wins the party's leadership mantle or loses. Now that the latter is the case, he should fight from another angle.

Many of them are not really smart! How can you interested in second term in office and start fighting your godfather in your first tenure? It doesn't make any sense politically. So I conclude that they are not politically smart, they are just privileged.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Tellall21: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
what I hate about Nigerian politics is one man determining the fate of majority through godfatherism., there is no democracy in that,So just because Oshiomole has fallen out with Obaseki he can remove and replace him at will without the input of Edo people. Lol
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by CurvyDestiny7: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

I hate been countered when stating the obvious truth. Even the name Oyegun has does it sound to you?

Edo is a Yoruba state. There are so much historical ties that are very difficult to untie. in Benin alone, nearly all have one Yoruba name or the other.

In light of this nation coming to an end, they remain part and parcel of Oduduwa republic. Hardly will you see a yoruba man saying Benin isn't part of them. Even outside both links up easily than any other tribe.

These are enough to contain all in one yoruba family
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by AreaFada2: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

I hate been countered when stating the obvious truth. Even the name Oyegun has does it sound to you?

Edo is a Yoruba state. There are so much historical ties that are very difficult to untie. Bot only that nearly all have one Yoruba name or the other.

In light of this nation coming to an end, they remain part and parcel of Oduduwa republic. Hardly will you see a yoruba man saying Benin isn't part of them. Even outside both links up easily than any other tribe.

These are enough to contain all in one yoruba family
I have it again and again. There is no tribe Edo people cannot coexist with. We had core Igbo and Yoruba tenants growing up. Aunts block of flats nearby also had Anioma and other tribes.

Those kids from those tribes who could speak local language were often mistaken for our siblings. Even those that were not born or raised locally got on well equally. In fact those those tribe or religion were never an issue. We looked forward to eating Sallah food and meat just like sharing our Christmas food and meat.

I know Benin people who named their kids after a Yoruba or Igbo friend. Also a Northern friend. Yakubu to be precise.

Some Benin and Afemai speaking areas have borders with Ondo State. Some villages have shifted between Edo and Ondo depending on border adjustment.

Edo are very receptive people and I believe imperial times played a big role in it.

Why anyone would use Edo's openness to insinuate being part of another tribe, despite historically l, culturally, linguistically and philologically different identity is very funny. grin

I know you enjoy Edo-Yoruba banter on Nairaland. So you are seeking another Sunday entertainment.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

I have it again and again. There is no tribe Edo people cannot coexist with. We had core Igbo and Yoruba tenants growing up. Aunts block of flats nearby also had Anioma and other tribes.

Those kids from those tribes who could speak local language were often mistaken for our siblings. Even those that were not born or raised locally got on well equally. In fact those those tribe or religion were never an issue. We looked forward to eating Sallah food and meat just like sharing our Christmas food and meat.

I know Benin people who named their kids after a Yoruba or Igbo friend. Also a Northern friend. Yakubu to be precise.

Some Benin and Afemai speaking areas have borders with Ondo State. Some villages have shifted between Edo and Ondo depending on border adjustment.

Edo are very receptive people and I believe imperial times played a big role in it.

Why anyone would use Edo's openness to insinuate being part of another tribe, despite historically l, culturally, linguistically and philologically different identity is very funny. grin

I know you enjoy Edo-Yoruba banter on Nairaland. So you are seeking another Sunday entertainment.

The scenario you painted @boldes happens everywhere and not exclusive to Edo state.

People residing in Kano that are not from there speaks hausa to easily communicate and endear themselves to the people. Same happens to those in Kogi( Ebira), borno( Kanuri), Ondo( Yoruba) , Warri ( Urhobo) and the rest .So it is not exclusive.

Finally on your last paragraph, it is not a babter but historical facts been set straight. Hardly will you see an Edo or Benin person precisely without yoruba or Yoruba related name. It is not just coincidence but historical ties.

No one tells the history of themselves or the other without similarities existing.

So the scenario you painted is off tangent to historical ties of Edos and Yorubas. Both are same people.

The more reason it has been so hard to debunk certain claims.

Edos are Yorubas by blood or anything you can term it.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by AreaFada2: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The scenario you painted @boldes happens everywhere and not exclusive to Edo state.

People residing in Kano that are not from there speaks hausa to easily communicate and endear themselves to the people. Same happens to those in Kogi( Ebira), borno( Kanuri), Ondo( Yoruba) , Warri ( Urhobo) and the rest .So it is not exclusive.

Finally on your last paragraph, it is not a babter but historical facts been set straight. Hardly will you see an Edo or Benin person precisely without yoruba or Yoruba related name. It is not just coincidence but historical ties.

No one tells the history of themselves or the other without similarities existing.

So the scenario you painted is off tangent to historical ties of Edos and Yorubas. Both are same people.

The more reason it has been so hard to debunk certain claims.

Edos are Yorubas by blood or anything you can term it.
The difference is Edo do not impose their culture on people.

Have you not read the publication of genetic tests done in Southern Nigeria? It was only among Esan people that some genetic similarities with Yoruba were detected. Esan make up about 15 to 20% of Edo population. Not with Benin that people claim to relate to Yoruba.

Do you know that just like many Easterners lump Edo with Yoruba, many Yoruba lump anybody after Ore with Igbo. Both sides ignorantly do so. Even so called educated Yoruba in diaspora.

Your problem is that anybody who is not Igbo has to be Yoruba. This is the mental laziness caused by modern population politics of Nigeria. grin

A very dangerous approach that will ensure that the South will never unite. So that smaller tribes prefer the neutralising effect of three bigger tribes in Nigeria than going with Igbo or Yoruba into a new country. This benefits the North.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

The difference is Edo do not impose their culture on people.

Have you not read the publication of genetic tests done in Southern Nigeria? It was only among Esan people that some genetic similarities with Yoruba were detected. Esan make up about 15 to 20% of Edo population. Not with Benin that people claim to relate to Yoruba.

Do you know that just like many Easterners lump Edo with Yoruba, many Yoruba lump anybody after Ore with Igbo. Both sides ignorantly do so. Even so called educated Yoruba in diaspora.

Your problem is that anybody who is not Igbo has to be Yoruba. This is the mental laziness caused by modern population politics of Nigeria. grin

A very dangerous approach that will ensure that the South will never unite. So that smaller tribes prefer the neutralising effect of three bigger tribes in Nigeria than going with Igbo or Yoruba into a new country. This benefits the North.

Not that but mine is strictly on historical ties. It is too strong
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Please rule out any unity in your so called south . we don't need such because it is very harmful to an average igbo man logically. Anybody pursuing such moves is doing so out of ignorance.

Any new country will be strictly Igbo and Nothingelse. Highly homogeneous, that's the more reason any sensible Igbo man needs to humbly adjust to Edos to Yoruba without going into any agreement with Edos. That's what subtle approach means. Any unity approach or unity is like creating more problems in the future.

Adjustment remains the way forward. moreover an average Edo man prefers to be in Oduduwa republic than anyother place.

Politically, there mode of politics is still that of Yorubas.

Try and be rational sometimes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra: The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Herdsmen / Abike Dabiri Signalled Radio Presenter Not To Entertain David Hundeyin Question / Lekki: Fashola Illegally Tampered With Exhibits - Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.