Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Governor Obaseki Joins PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki Joins PDP (8653 Views)

Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP / Lagos APC Doubts Ambode’s Loyalty As Commissioner Joins PDP / "What We Will Do If Saraki Joins PDP" – Abdullahi Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Heffalump(m): 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
I've said it before that Obaseki is a real man. I like the way he fights like a brave man, not like Ambode. No matter what, fight with your adversaries to the end of the battle.
Not everybody is a Coward like Tinubu Zombies

18 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Mightyhaiz: 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
raumdeuter:
He is highly welcome to the field, Let him test his popularity
See you at the polls
see weeping and gnashing grin

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Mightyhaiz: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Simplyleo:
Really?
That's great.
Same advice ipob miscreants gave athifku.
grin grin grin
ipob is to you what a ventilator is to a Corona patient..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nsonso: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
jom28gy:
Good job, they thought their Wise

Even if Obaseki wins under PDP, supreme court will have the final say. So, the game is not ending soon.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by rontolo(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Whoever can locate this governor please advice him.

I am neither APC nor PDP ( I don’t like either party). I am not from Edo state. But I offer to personally purchase his his pdp form.

Obaseki is one of my favourite governors in Nigeria. Oshiomhole is the political figure I dislike the most in Nigeria today.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Obaseki does not know how to play politics. Oshiomole is the national chairman and he has the federal might behind him. We all saw what played out in Kogi and Ogun States. We all know the highest rigger with federal might does win elections in this country. Obaseki is gone already... If u understand Nigeria politics, you will know it's a game full of murky terrains.

Regions differ... rigging has a limit within the South..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Sonoyom(m): 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Politricks.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Obaseki does not know how to play politics. Oshiomole is the national chairman and he has the federal might behind him. We all saw what played out in Kogi and Ogun States. We all know the highest rigger with federal might does win elections in this country. Obaseki is gone already... If u understand Nigeria politics, you will know it's a game full of murky terrains.

Where was Oshiomothief when Ortom decamped to PDP and won?

For your information, Edo has always been voting for PDP. In fact, PDP won Presidential election in Edo last election. Go figure why PDP senator is holding forth in Edo.

Add sympathy votes Obaseki will grab, it's done deal for PDP

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Jman06(m): 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
That's a good move from Obaseki!

I'm sure he knows all the tricks oshiomole used to rig Bayelsa, so he doesn't need to be told what to do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Johnnyessence(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
NICE ONE From obaseki, THIS WAS HOW GOVERNOR SAMUEL WON HIS ELECTION IN BENUE STATE. Governor Ortom buried godfatherism in Benue State. Obaseki will bury godfathers too in Edo State.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by jumper524(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
obaseki not going down without a fight.
election would be like.

obaseki loyalist votes for him, PDP loyalist vote, those when hate APC vote for obaseki.

APC is left with ize and oshobaba supporters + federal rigging might.
make we see how e end..
may the best candidate win..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by joyandfaith: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
History555:

Tell them osho that can't control Obaseki is hoping to control ize iyamu that is far popular than Obaseki

poi is returning to pdp after primary or compensates with a federal appointment.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Dmano: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
This is very good development,since you are not welcome somewhere,move to somewhere you are welcome,the last time I check PDP is not a pushover in Edo

7 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Where was Oshiomothief when Ortom decamped to PDP and won?

For your information, Edo has always been voting for PDP. In fact, PDP won Presidential election in Edo last election. Go figure why PDP senator is holding forth in Edo.

Add sympathy votes Obaseki will grab, it's done deal for PDP

But Ize Iyamu won the 2016 governorship election too, cos he was very popular in Edo State. But Oshiomole rigged in Obaseki with the help of federal might. Oshiomole as the national chairman will never allow Edo State off his hands. Let's watch and see how it plays out.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ize-Iyamu will win. Obaseki will join PDP to further disgrace himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
jumper524:
obaseki not going down without a fight.
election would be like.

obaseki loyalist votes for him, PDP loyalist vote, those when hate APC vote for obaseki.

APC is left with ize and oshobaba supporters + federal rigging might.
make we see how e end..
may the best candidate win..

Regions differ... Obaseki has a higher advantage.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by iwaeda: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
MadeInTokyo:
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo Stare has joined the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He has just collected his membership card at Ward 4, Oredo Local Government.

BreakingTimes gathered that the governor is moving into the PDP with all the 18 Local Government Chairmen in Edo State together with 12 lawmakers in the State Assembly.

Also, Governors of the PDP are billed to visit him this weekend

Details later…

Share this:

All South South Governors led by River State Governor Wyesom Wike and Delta State Governor Dr Ifeanyi Okowa are expected in Edo state next week, for the formal declaration of Governor Obaseki, his Deputy Philip Shuaibu, the Speaker of the Edo state house of Assembly and thousands of their supporters into the PDP

Details shortly

https://www.thebreakingtimes.com/breaking-edo2020-obaseki-joins-pdp-obtains-membership-card/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://governorsmandateng.com/newsflash-governor-obaseki-joins-pdp-obtains-membership-card/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://thewhistler.ng/breaking-obaseki-defects-to-pdp/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Reason Nigeria is not moving forward, circulating same politicians. If I were part of PDP, I will not allow him to contest. He should be a member at least six months before contesting. Tomorrow after winning, he will rush back to APC. are we all wise?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Esseite:

Regions differ...

Obaseki has a higher edge, UI has endorsed hisvcertifucate as original, NYSC and WAEC would endorse the rest aswell.

Lool..

Let's watch and see how it plays out.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

But Ize Iyamu won the 2016 governorship election too, cos he was very popular in Edo State. But Oshiomole rigged in Obaseki with the help of federal might. Oshiomole as the national chairman will never allow Edo State off his hands. Let's watch and see how it plays out.

It wasn't bc Ize Iyamu was popular, Edo has always voted PDP. Atiku was not as popular as Buhari, but he defeated Buhari in Edo.

Edo has always voted PDP until Oshiomole deceived them that he was fighting Godfatherism by using Igbinedion family to shine. Now he wants to be d same God father.

The feelers in Edo now is against Oshiomole.

Edo south and central has always been PDP strong hold, save for Edo North which is Etsako where Oshiomole came from

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

It wasn't bc Ize Iyamu was popular, Edo has always voted PDP. Atiku was not as popular as Buhari, but he defeated Buhari in Edo.

Edo has always voted PDP until Oshiomole deceived them that he was fighting Godfatherism by using Igbinedion family to shine. Now he wants to be d same God father.

Edo south and central has always been PDP strong hold, save for Edo North which is Etsako where Oshiomole came from

Ok then.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by legitnow: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

If Atiku can defeat Buhari in Edo, then Obaseki made a right move. grin

Sokoto is PDP, and PDP is an option for a Northern president in 2023.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by LabDNA: 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Edo is now official a PDP state!

Welcome back from the wilderness, Edo people. Welcome home.

2023 go sweet gan. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by LaIabobo: 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lol. Politicians ehn cheesy
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by fergie001: 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
I beg God, the people of Nigeria & Edo State to forgive me for everything I said against the PDP...They are apprentice, them dey learn work!

#Obaseki #Obaseki2020

This is from Jack Obinyan.....SSA to Obaseki on New Media

So....na true?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Uyi168: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:
But, these politicians just dey use us dey catch cruise. Last election, Obaseki is APC flag bearer, while Pastor Ize is flag bearer for PDP.. Fast forward today, they just swap party and we're still hailing them.
We too mumu for this country embarassed
Our mumu never do..
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by qmd24(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Demonstration of the craze.
No country for old men.
Lazy youths rooting for PDP and APC.
#RevolutionNOW
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by jom28gy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nsonso:

Even if Obaseki wins under PDP, supreme court will have the final say. So, the game is not ending soon.
let him even win it first
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by joeking2222: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nsonso:

Thanks bro. Its seems you sabi politics pass all those wey don dey yarn since, most of them na base on sentiment. Dem disqualify person commot from primary election based on certificate matter, just imagine he win for PDP, dem go still disqualify am again carry hm position gv runner up which will eventually be APC if na PDP win. Its like most people no know wetin dey go on

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by heniford2: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nigeria politics
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by topboss: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
APC just reduced their chances in Edo.

They are not as strong in Edo state as they think and Oshiomole is doing his best to scatter APC.

How can he have problem with almost every APC governor and the party think that is acceptable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by joeking2222: 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
topboss:
APC just reduced their chances in Edo.

They are not as strong in Edo state as they think and Oshiomole is doing his best to scatter APC.

How can he have problem with almost every governor and the party think that is acceptable.
Sit down there dey yarn wetin you no understand. You forget say na certificate matter make Leon no be bayelsa governor? Not even his own certificate, just hm deputy certificate issue. It seems you no know say APC don plan am well. If Obaseki eventually wins in PDP, be rest assured dem go carry them matter go supreme court, where he will be disqualified still based on certificate issue.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by otokx(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
If true then interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is Tinubu During Jonathan's Tenure(pics) / I Shook My Head The Last Time I Saw Bola Tinubu's Picture / Nkem Okeke's Defection : Stakeholders Trade Tackles As Election Draws Closer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.