Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,456 members, 7,830,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Governor Obaseki Joins PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki Joins PDP (8657 Views)

Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP / Lagos APC Doubts Ambode’s Loyalty As Commissioner Joins PDP / "What We Will Do If Saraki Joins PDP" – Abdullahi Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by asobo: 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Benue isn't important to apc,its a liability state.plus apc isn't as strong in Benue as in edo
How many senatorial seat is PDP occupying in Edo state back to back. I want to believe you understand the game well. APC were able to put their house in order and rigged the house of assembly elections.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by powerfulguy: 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Oshiomole right now

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by RTSC: 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
This is what we expected ambode to do.

Even if you will lose, at least fight. Shows us you have balls.

Let them work for their victory.

But na lie. A Yoruba man is always like that.

Too subservient to undeserving rulers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by tope777(m): 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
If he contest under PDP by using only Secondary school result, then there will be no problem.
We should all understand that Minimum requirement is to graduate from secondary school,not necessary to pass specific numbers of subjects....

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Jesusloveyou: 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
asobo:
Birthright but PDP won the presidential election and still returned their two senators.
you are not from Edo state.
Ize iyamu and odubu supporter's voted for uroghide because of obaseki. and uroghide is from the same local government with them.
So we lost south senatorial district to PDP because of obaseki.
Only Edo central is for PDP.
But APC swept all the seat in the house of assembly.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
asobo:
How many senatorial seat is PDP occupying in Edo state back to back. I want to believe you understand the game well. APC were able to put their house in order and rigged the house of assembly elections.

Pdp always perform well in presidential polls in Edo but fails in guber and assembly polls since 2011.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by asobo: 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
you are not from Edo state.
Ize iyamu and odubu supporter's voted for uroghide because of obaseki. and uroghide is from the same local government with them.
So we lost south senatorial district to PDP because of obaseki.
Only Edo central is for PDP.
But APC swept all the seat in the house of assembly.
I like the fact that you identified as an APC supporter but deep within you, you know it is practically impossible for APC to have won all the state legislative seat. So in essence, they went back to the drawing board and rigged the state legislative assembly elections.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by powerfulguy: 10:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Let me use this opportunity to congratulate 'Ronaldo fans' for their she-goat's brace performance in tonight's game against Milan
Cc, Fergie001
Cc, Jokerman

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Ojiofor: 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Throwback:

You wanted Ambode to fight a lost battle like Ojukwu?

You must think Ambode is from that notoriously emotional tribe who know how to grandstand and boast beyond their capabilities, only to wail later that their opponent did not show mercy.

Ambode did not have a single member of the Lagos state legislature on his side, and would have been impeached before he could even fathom decamping to join another party.

An impeached Governor cannot contest any election again, and would lose any benefits associated with being a former Governor.

So yes, Ambode was not stupid enough to try and impress the hallelujah boys who were urging him towards his doom.

He stayed put, contested in a very democratic primary of his party, and lost with dignity. And as expected in "saner climes", he did not become a political prostitute.

You were not emotional yet Akintola and Awo was at each others throat and even set western region on fire maybe their actions was based on emotion since fighting back has become being emotional.
Where was he as a sitting governor when his two hands was tied to his back?They even took away his voice as ex governor.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Throwback:

You wanted Ambode to fight a lost battle like Ojukwu?

You must think Ambode is from that notoriously emotional tribe who know how to grandstand and boast beyond their capabilities, only to wail later that their opponent did not show mercy.

Ambode did not have a single member of the Lagos state legislature on his side, and would have been impeached before he could even fathom decamping to join another party.

An impeached Governor cannot contest any election again, and would lose any benefits associated with being a former Governor.

So yes, Ambode was not stupid enough to try and impress the hallelujah boys who were urging him towards his doom.

He stayed put, contested in a very democratic primary of his party, and lost with dignity. And as expected in "saner climes", he did not become a political prostitute.

Cowardice is not being strategic. Many of the Yoruba elite from time immemorial have shown cowardice and not strategy. That is why while the Niger delta gets 13% out of the oil produced in their region,Lagos and Ogun get nothing from the Corporate tax collected from their zones. That is why while the Niger Delta has NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta catering to their needs, Lagos is still campaigning verbally for Special status after 21 years of democracy.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by vegafbs: 10:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Breaking: Governor Obaseki Dumps APC for PDP, Obtains Membership Card

Source: https://theupdates.net/breaking-governor-obaseki-dumps-apc-for-pdp-obtains-membership-card/

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Jesusloveyou: 10:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
asobo:
I like the fact that you identified as an APC supporter but deep within you, you know it is practically impossible for APC to have won all the state legislative seat. So essence, they went back to the drawing board and rigged the state legislative assembly elections.
that is a prove that all constituencies in Edo state belong to APC.
Where were PDP when APC swept all the constituencies?
They can still do it again, PDP don't even have candidate except hoping for obaseki to join them.
Because ihama and imasogbon are not a serious candidate.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by sosospence(m): 10:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
Good unlike Ambode.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by asobo: 10:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
that is a prove that all constituencies in Edo state belong to APC.
Where were PDP when APC swept all the constituencies?
They can still do it again, PDP don't even have candidate except hoping for obaseki to join them.
Because ihama and imasogbon are not a serious candidate.
PDP was politicking while APC was rigging.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by sosospence(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Heffalump:
I've said it before that Obaseki is a real man. I like the way he fights like a brave man, not like Ambode. No matter what, fight with your adversaries to the end of the battle.
Not everybody is a Coward like Tinubu Zombies
Obaseki na man?
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by sosospence(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Heffalump:
I've said it before that Obaseki is a real man. I like the way he fights like a brave man, not like Ambode. No matter what, fight with your adversaries to the end of the battle.
Not everybody is a Coward like Tinubu Zombies
Obaseki na man.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by TheOpeyemiofIB(m): 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Cowardice is not being strategic. Many of the *Yoruba elite from time immemorial have shown cowardice* and not strategy. That is why while the Niger delta gets 13% out of the oil produced in their region,Lagos and Ogun get nothing from the Corporate tax collected from their zones. That is why while the Niger Delta has NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta catering to their needs, Lagos is still campaigning verbally for Special status after 21 years of democracy.

You should understand that both cases are not the same. In this case Obaseki was disqualified from primary, Ambode loses out the APC Lagos primary to Sanwo Olu. To me he's mature and fine with the outcome.
Stop saying Yoruba are coward
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by fergie001: 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
powerfulguy:
Let me use this opportunity to congratulate 'Ronaldo fans' for their she-goat's brace performance in tonight's game against Milan
Cc, Fergie001
Cc, Jokerman
He has lost four penalties in four years. Hmmmm

So he later scored...he lost a PK, I stopped watching.......Legend Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
TheOpeyemiofIB:

You should understand that both cases are not the same. In this case Obaseki was disqualified from primary, Ambode loses out the APC Lagos primary to Sanwo Olu. To me he's mature and fine with the outcome.
Stop saying Yoruba are coward

I never said Yoruba people are Cowards. I said Yoruba elite are. I apologise for the use though.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by FlordFlorez(m): 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nigeria politics is the dirtiest. If u are familiar with Nigeria politics well, u dont need a soot sayer to tell u that Obaseki has lost the battle before even starting it.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by donb06: 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
joeking2222:

Sit down there dey yarn wetin you no understand. You forget say na certificate matter make Leon no be bayelsa governor? Not even his own certificate, just hm deputy certificate issue. It seems you no know say APC don plan am well. If Obaseki eventually wins in PDP, be rest assured dem go carry them matter go supreme court, where he will be disqualified still based on certificate issue.
Have you seen the report the difference is

[b]GODWIN OBASEKI
&
GODWIN OBASEK[/b]

Just I at the ending..... My brother na to go swear affidavit.... grin grin
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Jman06(m): 2:22am On Jun 13, 2020
senatordave1:

Bayelsa wasn't rigged
It was clearly rigged.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by crispus09(m): 2:49am On Jun 13, 2020
PDP might mess up by giving him automatic ticket o
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 7:12am On Jun 13, 2020
Jman06:
It was clearly rigged.

Where and how was it rigged? Even if there were elements of rigging,it wouldn't have made any difference because majority voted apc.where you can say there was clear rigging was in kogi.there is no election in nigeria where rigging doesn't take place.

Apc cannot rig and win any state in ss except the people there want them.they tried it in bayelsa 2015 and failed,they tried it in rivers and failed.for it to work in bayelsa shows that the people supported the rigging which was just an jara and for precautionary measures in case pdp rigged.
In essence,you can't fall it a rigged election.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Ayobami7(m): 7:40am On Jun 13, 2020
废话
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:20am On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:

Stop talking anyhow. All states are not the same. Why can't Oshomole use federal might to disgrace Ortom of Benue state when he decamped to pdp and won?
Why can't Oshomole use federal might to win in Rivers state? And APC governors are with Obaseki. Man APC chieftains wants APC to lose Edo state so that they can use that to remove Oshiomole.

Save my comment and quote me after the elections. Let's see how it will play out. I will quote u too.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by anigbajumo(m): 8:27am On Jun 13, 2020
vicdom:
cheesy
But if Oshobaba eventually installs POI, Obaseki's disaffections would be seen as a child's play. POI is a highly revered and a political Juggernaut who commands mouthwatering political clouts in Edo state. POI almost defeated Oshobaba, Obaseki, Fed government and the whole rigging apparatuses last term. The margin was very slim. Oshobaba would be making a grave mistake by anointing POI. POI is never a light or paper weight politician whom Oshobaba would want to him to be dancing to his whims and caprices into subjugation. POI is heavy weight politician and a political enchilada in Edo state. Mark this today, if POI succeeds, he will alienate and clip Oshobaba's wing and send him to a political oblivion of no return.

You are making sense bro, I predicted thinking time ago.
Re: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by anigbajumo(m): 8:37am On Jun 13, 2020
senatordave1:

Your hatred for apc is pushing you to talk nonsense.odubu is the most loyal person to oshio.continue wailing,made in aba

You must be a learner in Nigerian politics, you are comparing gubernatorial election that held accross the country to the one that will hold in just two states, they will av surplus resources to set the machinery in motion to rig the election, Kogi own will be child play, am seeing oshiomole winning this war with brutality...Just watch and see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC / Protest Over Removal Of Labour Party’s Sen. Nwokocha, Irresponsible - Abia PDP / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.