Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,928 members, 7,838,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? (1478 Views)

Video Of Secondary School Students Dancing Provocatively Sparks Outrage / What Happened When I Tell Women I Want To F..ck / Guys Can You Marry A Lady That Twerks Or Dances Provocatively In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Trex4(m): 8:00am On Jun 13, 2020
Good day all.

On social media (Twitter, Nairaland etc) I've seen some people hold the notion that women should dress properly not to arouse sexual interest in men. Often these people are called rape apologists or might be called closet rapists instead.

But the question is? Is it right or wrong to tell women to dress properly? Share your thoughts.

Mynd44, Dominique, lalasticlala.

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Oluromantic: 8:09am On Jun 13, 2020
I like justice against rape but not at the expense of other's feelings and desires. Rape shd be shunned but the rapists are humans who have equal desires with other men. Only they don't mind going extra way to get their desires. Just like girls appetite for money differ among them

Opening big breast in public free of charge and skimpy skirt over fresh thighs, walking alone in a non-public place is like Messi with ball alone in front of keeper, even if you close your eyes sef, you know the outcome. Dem no dey beg fire to burn where petrol dey.

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Davash222(m): 8:11am On Jun 13, 2020
You can't use she was dressed in skimpy clothes as an excuse to rape someone.

Is it right or wrong to tell Banks not to flaunt money in the counter?
You don't ask this question when there's a bank robbery, why??

7 Likes

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by HornyTave: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2020
My people say na Yam wen deh leave outside nai goat deh eat.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Trex4(m): 8:13am On Jun 13, 2020
HornyTave:
My people say na Yam wen deh leave outside nai goat deh eat.
nice saying. Yoruba?
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 13, 2020
Food for rape apologist. lipsrsealed

Just watch and see how they'll consume it!

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by HornyTave: 8:19am On Jun 13, 2020
Trex4:
nice saying. Yoruba?
Full blooded Ishan man.
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:19am On Jun 13, 2020
Those who created the sexual atmosphere with their sexually provocative dresses don't get raped so why ask them not to?

Sexually provocative dressing isn't a matter anymore, women have been given full liberty to dress however they like expecting men to control themselves. The fact is not every man can control himself and it could be any man even their brothers, fathers and uncles.

and for those who clamour capital punishment for rape e.g castration remember one of the rapist maybe your father, brother. moreover rape cases have degree but ignorance as we know is a disease.

4 Likes

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Oluromantic: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2020
Davash222:

It's called a bank bro. Have you been to a brothel before? Brothel is bank for skimpy clothes and it's so welcome there.

Have you tried to flaunt your money in public before? The fear of been traced by financial rapists won't let you. If you leave d bank with 50million cash now, I'm sure it's not where u passed when you were going you will pass when you're coming.

12 Likes

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Blackmann001: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2020
... Women shld learn to dress appropriately..... Showing of vital parts of ur body arouses a man.....

They want to eat their cakes and still have it... I only look at women the second time only if I see some flash of nudity.. But then I know I would hv to create lies of affections ND care ND spend some money to eventually get to feel those exposed parts...

But can everyone be me..? Especially in a lonely secret situation..? To ladies, dress like you want to be addressed
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by meobizy(f): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2020
Trex4:
Good day all.

On social media (Twitter, Nairaland etc) I've seen some people hold the notion that women should dress properly not to arouse sexual interest in men. Often these people are called rape apologists or might be called closet rapists instead.

But the question is? Is it right or wrong to tell women to dress properly? Share your thoughts.
Let’s start with you: Is it right or wrong to tell women to dress properly?

1 Like

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by FirstbornWds: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2020
Oluromantic:

It's called a bank bro. Have you been to a brothel before? Brothel is bank for skimpy clothes and it's so welcome there.

Have you tried to flaunt your money in public before? The fear of been traced by financial rapists won't let you. If you leave d bank with 50million cash now, I'm sure it's not where u passed when you were going you will pass when you're coming.

Wow... Simply wow. You are blessed bro.

But you know what, some people will still come for your head for speaking the truth. They'll tell the whole world that you are a rape apologist and guess what, they'll ignore the message and advice that comes with it. But you should know this, you passed the message well and only a person that wants their "yam" eaten should not take it seriously and leave it outside. It is still, however, not a major motive for rape. But then, when the foundation is shaky, what can the righteous do?

Once again, thanks brother for this eye-opener.
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by SmileDance(f): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2020
It is not wrong to tell women to dress decently, even tho this can never be used as an excuse for rape. Rapists look for the most vulnerable people ( children, house helps) not necessarily those who dress provocatively. A sexy woman may attract a man, but only a rapist can rape a woman.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Oluromantic: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Wow... Simply wow. You are blessed bro.

But you know what, some people will still come for your head for speaking the truth. They'll tell the whole world that you are a rape apologist and guess what, they'll ignore the message and advice that comes with it. But you should know this, you passed the message well and only a person that wants their "yam" eaten should not take it seriously and leave it outside. It is still, however, not a major motive for rape. But then, when the foundation is shaky, what can the righteous do?

Once again, thanks brother for this eye-opener.
Exactly. People in general ignore truth and equity. Most don't even think deeply before reaching conclusions, they just follow the bandwagon. Thanks for the understanding brother.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 13, 2020
It goes both ways. Indecent dressing can lead to indecent behaviour from a guy. Males are visual creatures, meaning we are attracted to what we see. So cover up.. The mind of a male about shapes and colour is so powerful, we can tell how big the booty is just by seeing you in a tight skirt or trousers.

This idea that a christian man should not be attracted because he is 'spiritual' is outright stupidity. If one is not attracted by a lady, there is a problem.

So please, cover up. We don't want to see your cleavages anymore. Some will wear tight dresses that you will see everything, even the pant line.. Yes, even in church and one brother who is looking up to God will see this and will not be able to concentrate.
Don't be the reason why a guy will stray into illicit sex. A christian sister doesn't know that because of her illicit dressing, several guys have had mental fornications with her. Some will snap photos on facebook and pose with their bums facing the camera. Are we to comment, 'Nice buttocks, sister?'

Personallly, I unfriend such people.

Then on the other hand, a guy is to have self control. Joseph in the bible faced outright assault from Potiphar's wife. But he fled. The thing is, rape happens on account of premeditation. the guy must have given himself to premeditative thoughts about the lady and thought that rape was the easiest means to achieve such pleasure.

One of the fruit of the Spirit is self control. Those who rape do it without thinking about the consequences. The scourge of rape all over the country these days is because people cannot guard their hearts. An idle mind is the devil's workshop.

3 Likes

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by SmileDance(f): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2020
Blackmann001:
... Women shld learn to dress appropriately..... Showing of vital parts of ur body arouses a man.....

They want to eat their cakes and still have it... I only look at women the second time only if I see some flash of nudity.. But then I know I would hv to create lies of affections ND care ND spend some money to eventually get to feel those exposed parts...

But can everyone be me..? Especially in a lonely secret situation..? To ladies, dress like you want to be addressed
A man can be seduced but it's only a rapist that can rape. Most rape victims are children, even if a rapist is with a Muslim woman totally covered in a lonely secret situation, he would still rape as long as he knows the person in question is a woman. Women should dress appropriately but we cannot use this as an excuse for rape

3 Likes

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Trex4(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2020
meobizy:

Let’s start with you: Is it right or wrong to tell women to dress properly?
I don't really know bro. That's why I'm asking. What do you think?
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by SavageResponse(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2020
Trex4:
Good day all.

Mynd44, Dominique, lalasticlala.

How a person is dressed in none of your business!
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2020
Davash222:

worse analogy ever!!!! bank flaunt inside bank not outside, bullion van was invented to protect outside the bank, a girl flaunts everywhere.
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2020
Oluromantic:

that fool just gave the worse analogy ever!
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by Blackmoran(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2020
The way you dress sometimes indirectly you are communicating. And for those "I can dress anyhow the way i like idiot" as you get freedom to chose the way you dress others has freedom of perception about you... You can't tell me you wearing a transparent top without bra that you not looking for trouble.. Just know there is a mad man around the corner who doesn't care about what is wrong or right and doesn't give a shit about consequence... So Mrs "I have the right" keep flaunting my prayer for you is that you don't become statistics...

1 Like

Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by hashtagged(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2020
SmileDance:
It is not wrong to tell women to dress decently, even tho this can never be used as an excuse for rape. Rapists look for the most vulnerable people ( children, house helps) not necessarily those who dress provocatively. A sexy woman may attract a man, but only a rapist can rape a woman.

On nairaland or twitter if you talk about dressing properly, the next comment is.
Rapist
Re: Rape: Is It Wrong To Tell Women Not To Dress Provocatively? by hashtagged(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2020
SavageResponse:

How a person is dressed in none of your business!

Dressing concerns no one, but its appropraite to dress well. At least 10% of rape cases could have been prevented by this, although not all but some

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do This And Money Will Full Your Room - PHOTOS / 20 Important/Crazy Facts For You! (PICTURES) / Should I Dip Out From This Relationship On Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.