Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari (42669 Views)

Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me / Obaseki: I Will Show No Mercy To Oshiomhole / Obaseki: I Won't Appeal My Disqualification From Edo APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by techmo(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
He already has a case with Interpol on the $2million paris money laundry so he must beg both PDP and APC

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by jesmond3945: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Buhari wey you meet before help you before
Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Coldie(m): 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
The moment u met wike forget it, u have no move

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by mytime24(f): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Waitin fr sme1 stil in electric shock grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by jesmond3945: 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

Baba na father now.. Next is Jagaban of Borgu land... The tormentor of Pdp miscreants
he met them before and what did they do for him?
Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Omooba77: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:
Following his disqualification from the APC Primaries thereby putting an end to his second term bid under that platform, many have perceived his next move will be to defect to the opposition PDP in the State.

Governor Obaseki who had previously insisted he wouldn't walk away from the party, is said to be seriously considering alternatives to the actualisation of his ambition.

He, however, has called for calm from his supporters and stated he will declare his next move after an audience with the President.

https://twitter.com/GovernorObaseki/status/1272159379417112576?s=19

https://www.thecable.ng/obaseki-i-will-disclose-my-next-move-after-meeting-buhari/amp

The living or
Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Obaseki is a fool. The one you met him before the screening which result did it yield. Buhari just as useless as the P in Psychology
Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Patrioticman007(m): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Obaseki dont listen to people urging you to fight. Seek peace , soft landing and walk away in peace so that u can rest after your tenure is over.

Dont be like saraki that spend all his Senate president loot on court cases till this moment. Today he is Now living in Europe and america like diezani has been stuck in england since 2015.

If only he will listen, to your wise advice, he who laughs last , laughs best.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Corporate2020: 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
If Obaseki messes up, we will arrest him a night before election. Any PDP governor that moves near Edo State one week before election will be arrested.

Okay. Let me tell you one secret. This is between you and I. What about if I tell you that we have the result of the elections already written in Lagos? We are just waiting till night of election to announce the result. After we announce APC as winner, if you like burn down the whole Edo State, you cannot get to Aso Rock or enter Bourdillon building in Lagos. We will deploy Army, Police, Airforce and Navy to guard APC chieftains. Others can go and die.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Wickedfacts: 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
The same people hailing Obaseki this morning are the ones insulting him tonight for meeting Buhari.

Let Obaseki go to PDP and the courts would finish him off.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by caniva(m): 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
For your information, Ambode did the same, reported Jagaban to Bubu.

Bubu just dey observe, e no do shi shi undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Joefat: 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Shame no dey catch this guy?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by kenzysmith: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
i feel say mr ibru mumu but this man mumu i swear

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Wickedfacts: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Corporate2020:
If Obaseki messes up, we will arrest him a night before election.

That is Obasanjo's style. cheesy
Politics like coup.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:
Following his disqualification from the APC Primaries thereby putting an end to his second term bid under that platform, many have perceived his next move will be to defect to the opposition PDP in the State.

Governor Obaseki who had previously insisted he wouldn't walk away from the party, is said to be seriously considering alternatives to the actualisation of his ambition.

He, however, has called for calm from his supporters and stated he will declare his next move after an audience with the President.

https://www.thecable.ng/obaseki-i-will-disclose-my-next-move-after-meeting-buhari/amp
Obaseki is a big greedy fool.
What's with them and SECOND TENURE?

MUST THEY ALWAYS DO SECOND TENURE?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Queseda: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Obaseki behaving like a rabbit in headlamps grin
He's in a confused state, from meeting Wike (PDP) to meeting Buhari (APC)
It's quite evident this guy had no strategy for plan B all along. He's all talk, no action grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by UltimateSpice: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Alright.

Continue to consult, oga. Until elections are over. cool

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Omooba77: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
WICKEDfucker:

Obaseki is a big greedy fool.
What's with them and SECOND TENURE?

MUST THEY ALWAYS DO SECOND TENURE?

The youth are the most greed and directionless. Old people who are less thsn 25% are troubling over 50%.
As long as we hail or wail, Nigeria has a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by bizhop01: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
Pussy Governor,

Babalawo were dey fear jazzman.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by kingsmecca(m): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
You keep on making moves from state to state despite the ban on interstate movement? Lawless!

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Runtown07: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Well is a good move but remember that word from bubu" I am for everybody and I am also for nobody". Just my take.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by sheyitokz(m): 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
MOTOR DON JAM BABA COMOT FOR PRIMARYgrin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
You still want to meet buhari that can't help his amosun and okorocha despite their closeness.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by smartval(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

If Obaseki feels he is popular in Edo State, he should just go the way of Ortom instead of running from pillar to post

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Realadey(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anything u like do, all of una be thieves

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by lagdmark(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
emeijeh:
"which president are you meeting? Someone that cannot control his family"

People get mouth sha!
Na so. Buhari sef needs help more than Obaseki.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by hammer3: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Obaseki is a very great strategist.

He has spoken well.
Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Chuksmonika(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
obaseke, go and relax, you no dey go another term, stop all this consultations.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Mightyhaiz: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Que Sera sera
Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by emkz: 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
All politics is local. Godwin Obaseki is still making the same mistakes that landed him in this mess. Buhari is not relevant in Edo politics, neither is Tinubu. The relevant parties now are Adams Oshiomole, Pius Odubu, Ize Iyamu, Solomon Edebiri, Ogiemwonyi, the 14 house of assembly members and Tony Kabaka (who would do the dirty job of rigging elections if it comes to that).

Keep your cards close to your chest. Politicians make their decisive moves at night ("when normal human beings have gone to bed"-Adams Oshiomole). Remember that there is nothing Buhari would do to change the tide. Recall that Orji Uzor Kalu represented the President in a meeting in South Africa and visited him in Daura, he still did not interfere in his case with the EFCC. Same President ordered his Head of Service to be investigated and his SGF, and you think he'd break a sweat for you who is of no political value to him in the scheme of things? The man would give you a photo op and smile and look at your forms, he'd never mobilize the party for you.

Now is the time to stay in APC and work towards the victory of the PDP so you can still be relevant in future if you want to play politics. And I am quite disappointed in Philip Shaibu, that despite being in politics longer than you and mobilized thugs to invade the house of assembly, he allowed you to shoot yourself in the leg. Power truly corrupts people's senses.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by SILVERLINES: 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
cheesy

Mr man you have expired

Anyways Mr Buhari is a fake himself he may support you.

In a decent nation you should end up in jail for forgery

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: I Will Make My Next Move After Meeting With President Buhari by Tareq1105: 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
festacman:
Gov. Godwin Obaseki should have appealed his disqualification because he has sympathizers among APC governors and in APC NEC. He neglected the APC hierarchy members by assuming wrongly that Oshiomole has them in his pocket. Not having late CoS Abba Kyari to run to made him to give up too soon and blundered.

Now, what's essence of consulting and meeting the president after having dined with PDP and given tricky conditions? That's high level anti-party activity.

I am not sure if his advisers are for him or against him.

Don't forget that we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Obaseki is taking a gamble here. He's sinned, no doubt bcoz he cannot claim not to have taken some cookies in the pot of Edo State.

His Co governors are assuring him and working out a safe landing for him.

It's a bit Risky for him.

If he decamp, impeachment may commence bcoz half of Assembly members may not go with him. Those left will join those that are yet to be inaugurated.

What is the fate of Phillip Shaibu, his deputy? This is another consideration. He's the backbone of this crisis and the strength of Obaseki.

If he contest and now lose to APC, which is what we're going to see, na wahala be dat o. Na serious palaver for him and none of you will be able to help him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku, Saraki Visit Emir Sanusi In Kano / Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? / Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.