Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General (45646 Views)

Throw Away 1999 Constitution, Embrace 1960’s, Bisi Akande Tells NASS / Kanu, Igboho: We Won’t Allow Buhari’s Govt Take Us Back To 1984 – Falana / Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
What a demented slave !

1 Like

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by emmaitive(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
SarkinYarki:
He is making sense ...There is no way 16 years of PDP rot can be handled in just two term , I suggest we make it 16 terms for Buhari so he can solve the 16 years of PDP rot thoroughly
mumu
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by friday2011(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
SarkinYarki:
He is making sense ...There is no way 16 years of PDP rot can be handled in just two term , I suggest we make it 16 terms for Buhari so he can solve the 16 years of PDP rot thoroughly

Exactly, God bless you jare, wisdom kill you there

16 terms X 4yrs will be 64yrs...

Not too bad to reset the brain of nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Ebenezerk2: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Stupid and senseless suggestion
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Beautyaddy: 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
pabon:
Wow. I can't believe what my eyes are reading. Some people only think of themselves. How would you wish this upon your own country? Not like you're a citizen of another country! cry

Your own country?

Lol!...How do you if the person making the suggestion doesn't already have Citizenship in another Country aside from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by fubsy: 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
sarrki:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/allow-buhari-governors-for-third-term-apc-member-tells-nass-attorney-general.html

Limitation of terms to two terms regarded as “a breach of fundamental rights”? What is wrong with us in this country? Must someone be used to be a clog in the wheel of our progress? Is it now that we are counting down to 2023 that an individual will attend court to look for an extension of time for presidents and governors? I hope the courts are not used as ready tools? They need to stand for the people of this country. Even the country of democracy, the USA, has not said two term is a breach of the president’s fundamental rights. Abeg, “honourable?”, don’t heat up the polity. We have seen this before. That is, if you know your history.

1 Like

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Is this what his constituency asked him to do?

How do we get these kind of representatives out of political life for ever?

As usual, a thread like this has turned tribalistic

How on earth do these tribalistic derailers think

Definitely not using their heads or brains to reason.

Your kids would read your posts and wonder how stupid daddy and mummy were....

1 Like

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by blessedchild234(m): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
With the few years spent , what has been the major achievement that one can point at, its not about long time its about functionality.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by namdo(m): 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
I have seen so many things.... chai iiii.

This man must be benefiting so much from this Buhari government for him to be clamouring for a third term. Isoraite.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
see ehhhnnnnn MAY THE WRATH OF ALL THE MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS NOT FALL ON YOUR HEAD. FOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by sterlingD(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Thunder kee you there!

Abeg thank you very much.lf the Thunder no do make l call Thanos join.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by ORIAYO70(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tomorrow some iPod slowpoke will say its Yoruba that brought the Calamity called Jubril..according to cownu....

So any easterner did not vote Jubril...
See as this slowpoke wanted to pave way for more disasters...tipsy ebonyi Man
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by SarkinYarki: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
friday2011:

Exactly, God bless you jare, wisdom kill you there

16 terms X 4yrs will be 64yrs...

Not too bad to reset the brain of nigerians...
Bro they need receive solid reset so they learn properly cheesy cheesy
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by TruthinAction: 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
They want it not because they intend to deliver good governance but just to cover their lies that Buhari is still alive for a longer time. They are scared of being exposed when they live office.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by DexterousOne(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
ValCon888:
Anytime they want to do something evil, they'll pick a pawn from the East. So you won't be able to say they had a hand in it.

They think they are smart but they are only clever by half.

You know it
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Bekool(m): 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
sarrki:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/allow-buhari-governors-for-third-term-apc-member-tells-nass-attorney-general.html

Am definitely sure that history will repeat itself again if buhari ever makes such ungodly moves. Some evil, lazy greedy individuals in this buhari's regime can't just come to terms of living power in 3yrs time that's why they are now scheming of how to remain in power beyond 2023.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
How much did they payed him?
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Mayng01(m): 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sons of bitches
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by pmoye(m): 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
I really get amused whenever I see a beautiful nonsense.
Good entertainment stuff.

sarrki:

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Babaken(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
Please o Don't let some people with brown teeth faint...
Chai who slap me from back.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by EMMALEX4REAL: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
If i swear for u eeh it will affect u generatn unborn
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Kingspin(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
yanabasee1:
Well, if Buhari wants to get a third term today, he will easily have it....

Lots of people will support him and many more will even wish he dies on the mantle...

Infact, I want a Fulani to hold on to power for decades until the south get sense......

Only one part of South drawing others backwards in the name of they know how to play Nigerian politics yet problem are still there
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by 1shortblackboy: 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
SarkinYarki:
why not make it 200 hundred years
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Arewa1408: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
I blame this on we Nigerians. There is lots of impunity. People say things and they are not held accountable for it. If this mumu knows that maybe in 5, 10 or 15 years from now, this statement he made here will affect his consideration for a position or getting a contract or serving in any capacity, he will not say this. But, hey anything goes, and Reno, FFK, Fayose, and all our politicians can shift goalpost forever and not held accountable for their positions or actions.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by plentykola(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
ogun go kill that useless man

1 Like

Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by nextstep(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Two terms are enough. No PDP president served more than 2 terms. Let another APC person run for president (and if they can earn their own two terms, good for them). Term limits on the executive (president and governors) is a way to make sure we don't end up with emperors who turn the country into their own personal fiefdom. If other politicians and institutions know that a person can be executive for at most 8 years, there's a better balance of power that ultimately benefits the citizens.

In our history, no leader has completed more than 2 4-year terms as head of state. The longest we've had are Gowon ( 8 years, 362 days), and Babangida (7 years, 364 days).

However I will note that according to article 136 (c), a person could theoretically serve 3 terms; the limitation is a person can only be elected twice. In other words, if a person was vice-president, and the president died 1 day into office, they can serve out 4 years (minus 1 day) of the predecessor, then be elected twice to that office on their own merit. One could call that 3 terms, but it would still be Constitutional.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Hameex(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ogun kill you there oooooo. We never even from change/ next level brouhaha ...u dey talk another trash sad angry
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by Onyekachi419(f): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
grin Not a bad idea only that this time wasterners go suffer well well
Hahahahahahahahaha this one off me
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by SirBunky85(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
ican2020:
With brain dead people like Charles Oko Enya, a worthless Igbo man, it will be very difficult for Nigeria to move forward.

That's why I supported IPOB, so, that some of these idiots can have a separate country where they will be free to practice stupidity.

as if ipob will be any better
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by nextstep(m): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
ValCon888:
Anytime they want to do something evil, they'll pick a pawn from the East. So you won't be able to say they had a hand in it.

They think they are smart but they are only clever by half.

This is the most profoundly clever post I've read on here in a while. There's always a pawn from the East isn't there. Grand master chess players, the Northern leadership are. I have to admire them for it.
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by catherine1998: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
bluefilm:
Ebonyi state should recall that SINator immediately.

Nonsense. sad
Plz read the story well, he is not a senator
Re: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General by anoziechi(f): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
thunder gbagbuo kwa ha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline / Infrastructural Development In Kano (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.