Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,263 members, 7,846,232 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools (26806 Views)

NAAT Warns FG Against Accepting ASUU’s UTAS / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Iry029: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
U honestly spoke My mind. God bless you.�
Goke7:

are you normal? do children go to markets, rubbish
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by AleagueEdu: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
2020 is definitely going to be a year to always

remember in the history of the world

Check my signature to enjoy our online Ielts classes irrespective of your location.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by placeofallure(f): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
Geofavor:

Personally, I would like academic activities to be suspended until the end of the year...
By then, things would have normalized fully.
Better safe than sorry. I'm in my finals, but I can wait.
With or without schools, education continues. Children can always learn at home if their parents want. The truth is most parents use schooling as a way of getting rid of their kids during the day.
Teachers should try to hustle online or somewhere else where they won't easily be at risk in the meantime. After all, you can't teach if you're down with an illness, or worse, dead.

I honestly don't understand the rush. Private School Teachers can do online teaching to make ends meet. I learnt that during the COVID-19 lockdown and it's not bad.

Check my signature.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Teejazzy123: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
Abeg we don miss our babies in school jaree grin
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Successfulsuccy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Goke7:

If you as a child don’t go to the market .. Then shut up!!

Other children does.

Ask yourselves, who is more immuned to this virus Adult or Children?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Dansuqi: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Education is not a priority in Nigeria according to the federal government of APC

Has schools in america and UK opened boy?
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by oche2e: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
The government are very very stupid,... The think stopping people from going to school will reduce the spread, school is more saver than market...... If the don't have anything to say about school the should just keep shut.....

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by topatee: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
fidelmarshal199:

The private school teachers will suffer the most
[/left]
Most people supporting this unproductive lockdowns are so insensitive to the plights of average Nigerian, I heard someone said they should close school for the year, so the children can continue with what, during Ebola, was there any lockdown? Why are we so dumb
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by yusman14(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good day everyone..

Please things are really hard here..

This pandemic has affected a lot..

Can anybody help me with anything,I need to eat..

Gtbank

Jolayemi Yusuf ayomide
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by MaliMillion: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
Seriously, reopening schools will be the craziest move tbh. We haven't tested as much as we should and they're want to undermine all the efforts the private sector making to help with increasing number of people tested. it'll be a shame if this leads to another lockdown
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by annsrealms(f): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
Goke7:

But their parents go to market and they can get the virus and bring it home to their kids.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SidneyB(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
Come, are we complaining.

Open schools abeg
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Breadfruit: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
I agree with this decision though I understand it might not be convenient for a lot of people. Since this lockdown started that my kids have been at home, no cough, catarrh, fever or infection. That is 3 months of good health that we don’t enjoy when school is in session. Even a group I was invited to, hundreds of mothers said same thing.
School is a breeding ground for germs and it’s just better to keep them at home in the face of this contagious COVID because kids cannot practice physical and social distance.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by MayenKudi: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
So many people are not even obeying the safety rules, we're just lucky Telecom companies, banks like FCMB, and other organizations are donating to help tackle this virus and mitigate the effect, cos I just wonder how it would have been.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Inda2020: 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
Geofavor:

Personally, I would like academic activities to be suspended until the end of the year...
By then, things would have normalized fully.
Better safe than sorry. I'm in my finals, but I can wait.
With or without schools, education continues. Children can always learn at home if their parents want. The truth is most parents use schooling as a way of getting rid of their kids during the day.
Teachers should try to hustle online or somewhere else where they won't easily be at risk in the meantime. After all, you can't teach if you're down with an illness, or worse, dead.
Thunder fire u
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Coolcalmcollect(m): 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
bayotwice:
If you do not acquire a new skill or start ur side hustle during this lockdown, you never lack time, you lack discipline... It's not too late to start something. I sell(Pre-downloaded) easy-to-follow Comprehensive Video courses on hundreds of skills you can master within a short time and build wealth with it E.g Copywriting, dropshipping, Data science, 3d animation e.t.c What'sapp 2348' 0649 432'97 for full list. Nb: I will deliver the videos at ur doorstep
idiot, so which skill for the video you dey sell you get?
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by megama: 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Ishaquine:
So while traders are in the market making money, workers in the bank are getting paid, bus drivers and so on they have to stay home starving begging people for money. Even the children you're talking about are roaming the streets playing everywhere.
just try and comprehend. The risk in our children is so high. Mean while it is better for our children to roam the streets than to die in streets
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by megama: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
SirWarlock:
bad idea
elaborate
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by SirWarlock: 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
megama:
elaborate
there's a chance a vaccine doesn't show up. We can't bank on that cos that's the kinda vibe our government is giving out. Waiting for a vaccine that might not arrive would mean killing the little socioeconomic and educational infrastructure we have. Now I'm not saying just open schools anyhow, just that we can't just tie ourselves to a vaccine.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Sammygist: 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Make them Sha give us 5.0 go for 1st semester abeg https://www.sammygist.com.ng/p/blog-page.html?m=1
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by ovaaas(m): 11:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
Goke7:

I think the question should go to you too are you normal?
Is your brain functioning at all?
If the children don't go to the markets is it not the Sam people that goes the markets that comes back home to meet the children?
Are they not the same children that follow their parent to Churches and mosques respectively?
Are they not the same children that goes to Islamic school here in the north while conventional western edycation is shotdown?
Are they not the same children going to coaching centers all over the country?
Are they not the same children playing football all over the area?
If you can't ise your head properly please allow those that uses theirs to make good ise of it
Do you even consider couples who are both private school teachers?
Do you consider private school owners who makes a living from tuition fees?
Do you even consider how many people will loose their jobs after the long stagnant Economy?
You will just seat in one corner of your room and be typing rubbish thinking its an opinion!
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by janeedema(f): 4:21am On Jun 17, 2020
If you cannot see the objectivity of their posts and the insensitivity of the Nigerian government, maybe you should hold your peace.

Who visits the markets? Is it not people with money?

How do you take people's means of livelihood without palliatives? Isn't that also equal to death?

Did the government stop PHCN from bringing bills? How do they pay? Would their stay home prevent landlords from coming to request rent when due?

You are either grossly wicked or as insensitive as the Nigerian government.

Let me add:

All these guys in government haven't stopped earning salaries one day. Yet they put other people's lives on hold in the name of fighting a so called virus.

If the virus only kills those with underlying ailment, then there truly is no reason why life can't return to normalcy.

ThatFairGuy:
Year 2020 is gone. Only God can judge covid-19 Sha,.

Before talking trash, it is he who lives that seeks education. Life is a priority now, not education.

If market places are not open, is it your faeces you will be eating?
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Tohsynetita1: 7:23am On Jun 17, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by scilover: 11:41am On Jun 17, 2020
I agree with not re-opening schools as it’s too dangerous still! Even if it was to open, it’ll be impossible to social distance and disinfect. Safety of the children is priority here.
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by Agrovert20: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
Subscribe on theurgetv for motivation and inspirational thoughts. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4x4EBM6Yl1yB_nNlaeaFIg?sub_confirmation=1
Re: COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools by obonujoker(m): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
placeofallure:

I honestly don't understand the rush. Private School Teachers can do online teaching to make ends meet. I learnt that during the COVID-19 lockdown and it's not bad.

Check my signature.

You talk as if everyone is living at lekki, or VI or Ikeja etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Hate Reading — Oyindamola Badejo, Bells University Best Graduating Student / JAMB 2018 Forms & Registration Deadline Is Here! / Police Storm Poly Ibadan To Punish Students Dressed Indecently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.