Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis (33282 Views)

Tinubu & Atiku Shocked About Peter Obi's Popularity & Acceptance To Nigerians / FG Asks All Account Holders In Financial Institutions To Re-Register Despite BVN / Debt Profile Of The 36 States As At December 2018 (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by socialmediaman: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Corrupt Partisan politics has destroyed this country. How could an incompetent tyrant who tried to destroy democracy and has no verifiable record of economic achievements rule the country twice?

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by sammysneh(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
angry
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Very soon Naira will be as useless as Venezuela money, it will littered the street of Yoruba land even some of them will not afford toilet tissue papers after eating watering beans and ewedu, they will be left with no other option than to be using it as baby diapers and bum bum wipers... Ndi Ara

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by BizBayo: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Na so so shock everywhere
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by jaxxy(m): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Atiku shud let’s us rest abeg. South 2023
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Goodman247: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria for sale

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by homehunters(m): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Jesus I need to leave this country ASAP. I can't bring up my kids in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by chaloskyx: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
ehen so in conclusion we should vote for you next election and all our problems would mysteriously go away right. would you keep quiet all of you buhari included have nothing to offer this nation

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by fredoooooo: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
Will you keep quiet .. Eleribu eni kure gbogbo yin patapata angry

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by duro4chang(m): 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
A man who cannot maintain his workers!!!
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Flier: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
I don’t know where you guys want Buhari to get money without borrowing and I am sure Atiku would have done the same
Almost every nation on earth is in debt at the moment
America have been printing money non stop for 4 months now and still not enough
Close to 9 trillion dollars printed already and they are still contemplating printing more
Gej and okonjo started borrowing when oil was $65 per barrel and you are telling Buhari not to borrow when oil was 19$ barrel,the worse is there was no one to buy it
Buhari is clueless but when it comes to our economic situation,he has no choice than to borrow otherwise you all will starve to death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
Am shocked too
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
undecided
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ogbeni Atiku, during your time as the VP to Obasanjo, we knew as u filled ur stomach up ooh.

no dey come here come dey form holy holy.

all of Una be the same.

your party had already put Nigeria in debt, APC took over and continued from where una stopped.

the same thing ni gbogboyin.

theives.
Barawo.
Ole.
Onye ohi.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by cpu2006(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
Buhari should come out boldly that he has failed us. Simple!

Kastina Governor came out and said he has failed his people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by 4Play(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
I remember doing a thread about this in 2017. At the time we spent 2/3rds of revenue on debt servicing and I noted how unsustainable it is.

https://www.nairaland.com/3835219/fg-spends-two-thirds-tax-revenue

The usual excuse is to point to our infrastructural deficits and how we need to borrow to address it. This is the mistake we made in the 1970s and early 80s and which led to a 2 decade slump in the economy.

No matter how bad your infrastructure is, your debt load still needs to be sustainable. You can't keep increasing debt payments faster than your tax revenues are increasing without running into trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by DexterousOne(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Despite this

Foolish elements are stuck coming here to covertly defend that failure in Aso Rock and attacking atiku who was the messager

Buhari Jazzman must be very potent

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by emyrald91(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by IMAliyu(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
vibbb:
Only God can liberate this nation from insensitive set of leaders.
The leaders are bad and all, but the thing is who put them there? Was it not the populace.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by DexterousOne(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
4Play:
I remember doing a thread about this in 2017. At the time we spent 2/3rds of revenue on debt servicing and I noted how unsustainable it is.

https://www.nairaland.com/3835219/fg-spends-two-thirds-tax-revenue

The usual excuse is to point to our infrastructural deficits and how we need to borrow to address it. This is the mistake we made in the 1970s and early 80s and which led to a 2 decade slump in the economy.

No matter how bad your infrastructure is, your debt load still needs to be sustainable. You can't keep increasing debt payments faster than your tax revenues are increasing without running into trouble.

Will they listen?

Nigeria is filled with functional illiterates and stark illiterates
The man in Abuja is the reflection of that

Amd the wide support he still gains is testament to that.

Many do not understand the implications of his actions

But to many of his supporters
They dont care

It's all about ethnicity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by nameo: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
He is not criitizing Buhari. He is telling you that you and your children and their children is in danger of perpetual slavery.

A debt-to-Revenue ratio of 99% is absolutely frightening. I didnt even know this before now. I would usually focus on debt-to-GDP. But debt-to-Revenue ratio is an even important KPI hereesp as Atiku rightly said, we are a one product economy revenue wise. That means if any thing happens to oil today, we may ecome insolvent as a nation.

To illustarte, it means that you used your entire revenue collected to pay debts- sorry you are not even paying your debts, you are essentially using your entire revenue as a country to service your debts i.e paying interest rates.

It is equivalent to taking a mortgage on a house, and then using all your salary to pay the interest on your mortgage, leaving no money for other basic necessities of life like paying your kids school fees, feeding, buying of clothes, transport etc such that you now had to take even more loans to do these basic things. This is exactly what is happening presently- the FG and states Govts keep talking loans to keep afloat.

That is the current state of Nigeria. If you are truly a Nigerian, it should shock you

*wrote this in another thread. This is for Nigeria*

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by kamossreal(m): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
B4 nko.....it seems Atiku just dey wake ......Buhari....many people dey wait u after 4 years ends .....u go hear am
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by IMAliyu(m): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
socialmediaman:
Corrupt Partisan politics has destroyed this country. How could an incompetent tyrant who tried to destroy democracy and has no verifiable record of economic achievements rule the country twice?
Because he was elected through popular vote.

Maybe we need to change our voting system from the popular vote to something like the USA's electoral college.

So that it favors Nigeria as a whole and not the region or States with the most population.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by mrkings84(m): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Even Atiku himself is one of the reasons NIGERIA is in this mess....
They should keep deceiving themselves

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Seems baba is preparing for 2023.

Buhari is shocked.

Atiku is shocked.

I wonder where the electricity that is shocking them is coming from.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by mytime24(f): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Y usin buhari shock witout permission grin
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Blackmann001: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
slivertongue:
I had cause to counsel the Federal Government to desist from indiscriminate lending, and offered suggestions on ways to both increase revenue, and reduce expenditure, however, my counsel fell on deaf ears. And now we have come to this.

Because you said you have and have proferred solutions, I Went Tru ur profile and realized ur more of an economic watch guy than me..

I will follow u from this day. I need ppl like you for discourse... Cuz too much knowledge want to kee mee
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by SavageResponse(m): 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Atiku would have done worse!

Abeg he should go and sit down!
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by xukwaa: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
The recycling continues in 2023!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Wins All The Local Governments In Ogun / Presidency, PDP Reject Card Reader For Election / Troops Kill Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Pulka ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.