Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis (33286 Views)

Tinubu & Atiku Shocked About Peter Obi's Popularity & Acceptance To Nigerians / FG Asks All Account Holders In Financial Institutions To Re-Register Despite BVN / Debt Profile Of The 36 States As At December 2018 (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Blackmann001: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
AristocraticMe:
Most people will leave the message and jump on the messenger, like what he is saying is not true. I pity for Nigeria......... Greed and the inability to think about tomorrow is the problem....
Security is Zero
Employment is Zero.... what are they using the money for..... SALARY.

Infrastructure is Zero, it is in Nigeria that a governor wlll leave his office and duty to inaugurate a road... i mean a ROAD...

Guess what everybody will be affected when Poo hits the fan..... go read the story of Venuzuela.... it is reality...

The wicked people have succeeded in clamping the wings of the civil rights group that they are now silent.. they are the only saviour. because politicians will never do the right thing. NEVER.

Remember GEJ period, remember they didnt want him to be President but for Tunde Bakare and Save Nigeria Group he was elected. it is only groups like that which can hold Nigeria leaders responsible for their actions.

My thoughts on Nigeria is so much .... save it for another time

I like u

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Lamasta(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ma too am shock
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
slivertongue:

GMB is a CAPITAL ' illiterate' when it comes to economic matters. he doesn't understand the laws of demand and supply. not to talk of issues relating to international political economy. jailing him wud be waste of energy
What's he good at then? I'm not including za oza rm oooo
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by rosy1992(f): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria needs divine intervention.
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Btruth: 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
If only the NASS will remember Senator Adebayo Oshinowo for this:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3384658768224625&id=100000416061913

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Blackmann001: 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
mytime24:
Y usin buhari shock witout permission grin

The lady.behind u on the profile is very fine
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by aremutaiwo960(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
He is also a thief!
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Ambode4g(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
BUHARI deserved to be in jail. he will forever be remembered for leading this great country to doom. i wonder why thunder can't just fire all these stupid polithiefcians

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Kingspin(m): 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
The only fools I see are those hiding the national call for reform
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Blackmann001: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
homehunters:
Jesus I need to leave this country ASAP. I can't bring up my kids in this country.

You want to go spoil another person country..?
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Sleekmedulla: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
I mean President doesn’t have high school education . Let’s be honest what do you expect? Magic ? Let’s be honest with ourselves.

He’ll be president till 2023 and thats a fact , well except the unexpected happens.

NAIRALANDERS HOW CAN WE DO SOMETHING IN OUR OWN LITTLE POWER AND UNITY ABOUT “OUR” COUNTRY.

2023 isn’t far away, we can’t afford for another of such underperforming and low-innovation administration.

What to do ? Keep commenting daily or make a change? Trump won’t do it for us , nobody will. It’s not even the UN’s job.LIKE really nobody but us .

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
Why is he shocked? We've been comatose for years now even while he was in government.

A nation on life support

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Pavillon: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
nameo:

He is not criitizing Buhari. He is telling you that you and your children and their children is in danger of perpetual slavery.

A debt-to-Revenue ratio of 99% is absolutely frightening. I didnt even know this before now. I would usually focus on debt-to-GDP. But debt-to-Revenue ratio is an even important KPI hereesp as Atiku rightly said, we are a one product economy revenue wise. That means if any thing happens to oil today, we may ecome insolvent as a nation.

To illustarte, it means that you used your entire revenue collected to pay debts- sorry you are not even paying your debts, you are essentially using your entire revenue as a country to service your debts i.e paying interest rates.

It is equivalent to taking a mortgage on a house, and then using all your salary to pay the interest on your mortgage, leaving no money for other basic necessities of life like paying your kids school fees, feeding, buying of clothes, transport etc such that you now had to take even more loans to do these basic things. This is exactly what is happening presently- the FG and states Govts keep talking loans to keep afloat.

That is the current state of Nigeria. If you are truly a Nigerian, it should shock you

*wrote this in another thread. This is for Nigeria*

I appreciate your explanation bro.....

Only God can help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by vibbb: 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
They knows how to find their way, not necessarily the people.

IMAliyu:

The leaders are bad and all, but the thing is who put them there? Was it not the populace.
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Mejor79(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Very expository speech I've read lately about the country's financial dire position, i hope the government do the needful asap, else we'll all be shocked at what will be left of the country after the exit of the current dispensation.

Buhari is shocked
Atiku is Shocked
If everybody is shocked who then caused the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Harrisonwo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
itz a shocking season, what else can we say grin
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by IamPatriotic(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Na that shock go keel am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Daddysidhan: 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
South is always carrying the load of this country" resources and revenue of the country comes from south but the is the highest benefactor, a certain southerner cleared our debt northerner has put us into another one.
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by delawal: 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
during the last election, my mentor peter obi told u all abt how dangerous debt is to nigeria and how to fix nigeria without accumulating debts, u guys ignored him bc he is an igbo man. u people forgot that he is d only governor in nigeria dt built infrastructures and at same time saved alot of money before leaving office same way government in norway does. now it has cleared una for eyes. una think say na etnic supremacy fight we dey now una dn realise say na everybody go partake inn d economic doom perpetrated by someone who dont have an ordinary waec result that most motor park touts have gotten years back

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Emekus92(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
slivertongue:
This means that Nigeria’s debt to revenue ratio is now 99%.”
If e reach 100% them no fit borrow again abi?
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Mayng01(m): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
He is in what? Shocked? Why should he be? Is he not himself and his cohorts that has milked Nigeria dry? Foolish people.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by adecz: 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
Buhari is the worst thing to
happen to Nigeria

The social & financial disaster he
has caused is worst than the civil war.

Under him, we have probably lost
more soldiers to insurgency than we
lost in the civil war

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Intrepid01(m): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
teadrake:
We might be headed towards financial doom. If funds borrowed to finance critical infrastructure is being looted again. This country is not sustainable

Did you say if they loot again? Show me the infrastructure they used the debts we are currently paying to build? Omo forget this country is in big trouble. I was shocked when I saw that Nigeria is currently spending 98% of total revenue to meet interest payment on debts...we are not even talking about the principal here but interest is higher than our current revenue. Now imagine the size of the principal..

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Job2004: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Atiku cannot perform Abysmally like Buhari.
Atiku' aquaintance are from all works of life and from every part of the country unlike a Buhari who runs a family and regional government.

We need an old experienced and sincere man to fix this country, exit the stage and hand over to a capable younger person. This will give birth to the generation of younger leaders who will movr this country to greatness.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by mytime24(f): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Blackmann001:

The lady.behind u on the profile is very fine
so am ugly angry

Jus kidding ooo tongue
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by xtrim1: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
I still don't know what you guys expect of Buhari. For crying out loud, the guy came out boldly to say he borrowed money from a bank to buy his party's nomination form. All he knows is borrow, borrow and borrow more. He rose to the top in his military career but still could not keep his finances in check. Nigerians keep electing leaders who cannot successfully manage a mallam's kiosk to manage the largest economy in Africa. Big shame!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by mfonity: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
Let the challenge begin
Join the Startev 50/40 Challenge and stand a chance of winning $500.

Startev is an educational, networking and zero-capital business platform that provides training, mentorship and agency partnerships to young students and graduates.

Join today and win other lots of interesting prices and giveaways worth millions of naira.

See poster for more details.

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Patode: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
The real fact is that the whole world is in financial stress right now. Even Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Qatar and the US. They are all now caught between a rock and hard place. The US is prepared to sacrifice the lives of its citizens, in order to reactivate its economy. Dubai might not survive another six months, without going bankrupt. Saudi Arabia is not making money from pilgrims.
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Bluntemperor: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
DenreleDave:
Atiku will just talk.. Buhari wunt hear word

Let Alhaji Atiku show us his competence level,how not just to criticize for the sake of being a politician,afterall he was in PDP for lengthy of years.They are all the same and you can only deceive gullible Nigerians,who does not differentiate between genuine love for fatherland and business as usual personality.Ask him today: How would you solve the NEPA (light issues)? Would you do away with Generator sets in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by cryptotech: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
ok
Re: Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis by Junkelie: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
Everybody just dey shock anyhow. In this era of shock, I have shock absorber for sale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Governors Angry Over Shettima's Selection As Tinubu's Running Mate / Manifesto: Tinubu’s 10 Promises To Nigerians / Ikpeazu Presents Made-in-Aba Army Boot To Buratai (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.