Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet (38433 Views)

Obaseki: We Fought Edo Local Godfather, We'll Fight Real One Disturbing Nigeria / Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight / PDP Yet To Explain The Irresponsible Expenditure Of 1999 To 2014 —buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by joshjc(m): 9:51am On Jun 17, 2020
I like obaseki but I hate PDP,I can never vote for PDP PDP destroyed Edo state

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Swtbabyvee(f): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2020
One4me:

Very relevant question because right now, Obaseki has left the APC and the PDP is yet to formally accept him, therefore, he is currently party-less.
Nigerian Constitution and Electoral laws doesnot make provision for a Governor not to have a party.
Infact, the laws prohibits independent candidacy as ALL elected Officers must operate from a Party.

Time to remove Obaseki, for violating electoral laws and constitution of Nigeria. grin grin

NB: If l were APC, we will ask him to write us formerly that he wants to re-apply to APC, pointing to his ChannaleTV announcement of no longer being a member of the APC.
If he doesnot write, he is not a member. If he write, we will delay a response but ask a party member or some neutral person to seek Judicial request that he be removed as Governor, for being "party-less".
His option will be to run back to PDP, in other to save his Governorship!
If PDP accepts him, that destroys any possibility of claiming to still be a member of APC and whatever benefit he is trying to make from that summersault. if they dont, he loses his Governorship. grin
this is APC people for you . Always writing what they don’t know to confuse the public . Was it the party that was sworn in as governor? Or obaseki? He remains governor with or without a party. But can’t run for re-election without being in a party .
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:55am On Jun 17, 2020
Tomtomy98:
I am getting tired....
Any other news ??
Sebi you saw the headline before you clicked on it?
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by ramatintin(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2020
Swtbabyvee:
this is APC people for you . Always writing what they don’t know to confuse the public . Was it the party that was sworn in as governor? Or obaseki? He remains governor with or without a party. But can’t run for re-elected without being in a party .
stop disgracing your village people here plz.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Swtbabyvee(f): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2020
joshjc:
I like obaseki but I hate PDP,I can never vote for PDP PDP destroyed Edo state
Yimu ! but pdp won fair and square in the last election if not for rigging would APC be ruling in Edo State til now ? Many south south state r doing better than benin. All PDP . So make we hear word
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Swtbabyvee(f): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2020
ramatintin:
stop disgracing your village people here plz.
yimu !!! Oga go n remove him from being governor if u can !!
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by joshjc(m): 10:13am On Jun 17, 2020
Swtbabyvee:
Yimu ! but pdp won fair and square in the last election if not for rigging would APC be ruling in Edo State til now ? Many south south state r doing better than benin. All PDP . So make we hear word
are you in Edo state?

PDP did not win the last gubernatorial election

And which south state is doing better than Edo, maybe akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by stickle(m): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2020
all of a sudden they realize that there is covid 19

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki is still peeping to see if APC will call him back because of Oshiomole suspension. Sorry my guy

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Swtbabyvee(f): 10:27am On Jun 17, 2020
joshjc:
are you in Edo state?

And which south state is doing better than Edo, maybe akwa ibom
rivers state , delta state , Bayelsa , Akwa Ibom etc !! Abi u want to say Edo State is doing better than rivers state , or delta or Bayelsa . Ur state is still controlled by monarchy some worth. Apart from Benin which other part in Edo State has adequate development as a city ? Where? ekpoma ? Abi Auchi ? grin , this is to inform you that Apc did nothing for your state. Oshiomole just did show body at first and started slacking . Imagine the common man walking miles and sweating like a goat but ur governor enjoying AC cars for movement . How can a government make movement for its poor citizens so unbearable frustrating , and pdp is bad ! Oshiomole opened a private university with Una money join.
all the things Edo State hv were there before APC. PDP is still a way better party than Apc so u are just hating for nothing
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by enirock(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2020
blowjohn:

COVID19 ward
I thought as much

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by enirock(m): 10:34am On Jun 17, 2020
edoboy74:
All these APC & PDP fights are all written scripts & play to deceive the masses. APC is a faction from PDP, PDP has been ruling Nigeria from 1999 till date.

Nigeria politics is like a rolling stone which keeps revolving in the same circle since 1999.
PDP is a business organisation that was failing and APC was brought into play to deceive the masses via false propagandas/false rifts & fight already drafted and written to make the masses believe what they want to believe, APC was created by PDP to continue her looting business, passing of power to previously failed PDP business men.

Oshiomole & Obaseki, Tinubu & Amobode never fought, it was a tactics/strategy set aside to pave way for the next looter or who so ever they want to give the mantle/power.

Now just take a look how this power is gradually switching lane to PDP again, take a look how they are brainwashing the masses and many of us are seriously waiting to vote out APC for PDP. It has happened in two(2) states already in Nigeria already and Edo state is next.

The masses remain the problem & downfall of this great country, and until we stand up from our slumbers, wake up from this nightmare & endless chess game, break free from this old Stone Age men that I’m so sure they don’t even know the short cut keys for COPY & PASTE in a computer system, we will never make a great nation.

My brother I go like see this script and the person wey write am. Yes I believe there are break away factions from PDP in APC but that's how far it goes because in politics all man fight for his interest under the guise of a party who best services that interest

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by enirock(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2020
awoluyi:
You are on own if you believe anything a politician tells you. This is why I have never voted for any politician throughout my entire life.
I just dey luk dem!
Just the way the country dey look you
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by tonididdy(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki Don confuse lol...

... Yesterday shuaibu was seen taking down the APC flag in the government house.

... Obaseki woke up to news of unrest in the National chairmans seat and a possible new chairman, and then comes up with this statement.

... "We are not leaving yet grin"

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by enirock(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2020
Swtbabyvee:

Pdp had neither the political will not its monetary equivalent to win Edo state. They won in some parts of Esan (majorly) but Apc took Benin,Etsako and Akoko Edo.So nobody rigged anybody to power. If you had said there was vote buying(which is considered rigging in civilised society), I would have agreed with u but in Nigeria, it has become a norm to buy votes as there are no apparatus to checkmate this ugly trend we see as the new normal

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by enirock(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2020
Swtbabyvee:
rivers state , delta state , Bayelsa , Akwa Ibom etc !! Abi u want to say Edo State is doing better than rivers state , or delta or Bayelsa . Ur state is still controlled by monarchy some worth. Apart from Benin which other part in Edo State has adequate development as a city ? Where? ekpoma ? Abi Auchi ? grin , this is to inform you that Apc did nothing for your state. Oshiomole just did show body at first and started slacking . Imagine the common man walking miles and sweating like a goat but ur governor enjoying AC cars for movement . How can a government make movement for its poor citizens so unbearable frustrating , and pdp is bad ! Oshiomole opened a private university with Una money join.
all the things Edo State hv were there before APC. PDP is still a way better party than Apc so u are just hating for nothing

When last where you in Auchi, Ekpoma, Uromi and other places within Edo state? I may not know of rivers and Bayelsa but with the quota given and the IGR, Obaseki is doing the rest he can and as for the uni, it's a private-public partnership
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Osek(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2020
uniqueboi1:

The way una afonjas abandon ambode ehnnn. I fear who no fear Yoruba people o.
Fear Yoruba people, Yoruba fit betray their own brother because of power

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by gbemishile: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2020
It's a big shame honestly
A very big shame that we are where we are today due to hate that has so blinded our sense of reasoning.
A governor failed to present his certificates cus he claimed he did not see it and submitted only sworn affidavit.years later he says he has found it,only for there to be discrepancies in his result.
What were the steps you took to remedy this defect? He could not answer it.what certificate have u been presenting way past to get appointments or contracts? Is it your affidavits?
You are having obasek in ur nysc certificate instead of obaseki.in Nigerian system,it isn't the same unless u have a sworn affidavit to back it up.i followed someone to first bank of recent.we presented all her documents that bore her name as XYZ,including her bvn details.however,her name with first bank bit XZY instead of XYZ.tge bank told us they are not the same person,that we have to swear an affidavit for rearrangement of names.
Please let's put sentiment asude and focus on the bone of contention

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by frankmoney(m): 11:42am On Jun 17, 2020
Swtbabyvee:
rivers state doing well where ?
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by 7lives: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
It's better Oshiomhole get on with his godfatherism, because PDP is the last thing we want back in Edo State.

What do you have against PDP in Edo, Lucky Igbinedion is the best Edo governor ever. grin grin grin
Na joke I dey joke o.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Swtbabyvee(f): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2020
enirock:

When last where you in Auchi, Ekpoma, Uromi and other places within Edo state? I may not know of rivers and Bayelsa but with the quota given and the IGR, Obaseki is doing the rest he can and as for the uni, it's a private-public partnership
you can imagine! thats reason I called it Una money . Smh . Obasekiis not doing bad but then again APC has no vision for all their state apart from their selfish interest. And if u go against their selfish aim . They try to Black list you, south south are strong hearted people so it’s hard to let such flourish. Reason obaseki is hving issues with them . Just look at states being headed by Apc . Kogi for example!! Apc has totally ruined that state and change is not expected anytime soon
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Swtbabyvee(f): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2020
frankmoney:
rivers state doing well where ?
can u compare port Harcourt to benin city abi u are not okay ?
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by muykem: 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
idahme:

How did Rochas Okoracha became a gubernatorial flag bearer of APC in his second term? When we all knew he contested for presidential primaries of APC in 2015
The recent judgements from supreme court is an indicator that it's not business as usual brother.
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by edoboy74(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
enirock:
My brother I go like see this script and the person wey write am. Yes I believe there are break away factions from PDP in APC but that's how far it goes because in politics all man fight for his interest under the guise of a party who best services that interest

When next a heavy wind blow around your vicinity try to catch or cease it and if you do show us here on nairaland then I will show the scripts and their authors.

Every single soul on rat fight for his or her interest, it’s a natural phenomenon not as you are making it seems. In politics go and read more about godfathers & cabals, you are definitely going to gain your interest in politics if you are loyal enough to the cabals & godfather otherwise you are not deemed fit of any political interest

Thank you
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
kestor:

I understand you sir! Neither am I holding brief for Obaseki. We are just irked by Oshiomole's double-speak, it is an insult on our sensibilities.

I understand Ma. oshiomhole doesn't really know what awaits him yet.
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by enirock(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
Swtbabyvee:
you can imagine! thats reason I called it Una money . Smh . Obasekiis not doing bad but then again APC has no vision for all their state apart from their selfish interest. And if u go against their selfish aim . They try to Black list you, south south are strong hearted people so it’s hard to let such flourish. Reason obaseki is hving issues with them . Just look at states being headed by Apc . Kogi for example!! Apc has totally ruined that state and change is not expected anytime soon

If I should ask you what are the ethos/ideologies of the political parties we have in Nigeria I am yet to come across any with an ideology or one that keeps to his supposed ideology. A point of correction my dear, it's not Apc that ruined Kogi rather the sitting governor/government did and if it where to be a working/functioning democracy, he would have long been impeached. I put it to you dear that all politicians are in politics to service their personal interests and greed. In the years and times other political parties have ruled this country, what have been achieved and you may be tempted to tell me that the political terrain was better to what it was now but did it stop corruption and the ills bedevilling us Now? It is a ripple effect as we fail to see that the things we do now will affect generations yet unborn. When we had oil boom and we thought we were saving for the rainy days, there were those who were looting it with impunity and we all watched arms folded as our common good were been carted away on the altar of self aggrandisement . Obaseki going against Oshiomole is a case of eradicating godfatherism(the same mantle that brought him to power after his labour sojourn)
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by enirock(m): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
edoboy74:

When next a heavy wind blow around your vicinity try to catch or cease it and if you do show us here on nairaland then I will show the scripts and their authors.

Every single soul on rat fight for his or her interest, it’s a natural phenomenon not as you are making it seems. In politics go and read more about godfathers & cabals, you are definitely going to gain your interest in politics if you are loyal enough to the cabals & godfather otherwise you are not deemed fit of any political interest

Thank you

I am shocked that the script is as elusive as the wind but that's an aside. I agree politics or life to a large extent is predicated on self interest(thats being my point), but Oshiomole displaced Anenih and Co. on the premise that godfatherism is bad and Edo state is ripe for a government that thinks and acts on its own but he is biting into his own words by witch hunting Obaseki because he refused to dance to his whims and caprices. If cabals and godfatherism would be extinguished from our politics/polity,it begins with one standing up to say enough is enough and just the way Oshiomole stood against it, so also Obaseki is standing against it now. I repeat this, Loyalty that impoverishes your people is plain stupidity and when your people react, your castle becomes your rubble and if I might add Cabals fall and this may be the fall of yet another cabal in Edo politics
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Asekhamhe1: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
He will go back to APC
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by udemzyudex(m): 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hahaha.. Better action film.

Who dey sell guguru and groundnut for here?
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by TruthinAction: 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
Swtbabyvee:
who told you they won’t be there for the money also ,, with this present generation? Who r so focused on yahoo yahoo? Tahhh

There are still honest people in the society. Everyone cannot be corrupt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lieutenants Bassey, Ademulegun, Maimalari, Umar & Aguiyi-Ironsi (Throwback Photo / 2023: Anxiety In Amaechi’s Camp As Wike Seals Deal With Tinubu / Nigerians Queue For Fuel With Their Generator Sets In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.