Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet (38429 Views)

Obaseki: We Fought Edo Local Godfather, We'll Fight Real One Disturbing Nigeria / Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight / PDP Yet To Explain The Irresponsible Expenditure Of 1999 To 2014 —buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by cryptotech: 7:55am On Jun 17, 2020
ok, then why did u quit your party...
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Nanavati(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2020
I wish him success
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by One4me: 7:57am On Jun 17, 2020
Maxymilliano:
But does the constitution makes provision for elected office holders to continue staying in office without any political party at any point in time ?

Very relevant question because right now, Obaseki has left the APC and the PDP is yet to formally accept him, therefore, he is currently party-less.
Nigerian Constitution and Electoral laws doesnot make provision for a Governor not to have a party.
Infact, the laws prohibits independent candidacy as ALL elected Officers must operate from a Party.

Time to remove Obaseki, for violating electoral laws and constitution of Nigeria. grin grin

NB: If l were APC, we will ask him to write us formerly that he wants to re-apply to APC, pointing to his ChannaleTV announcement of no longer being a member of the APC.
If he doesnot write, he is not a member. If he write, we will delay a response but ask a party member or some neutral person to seek Judicial request that he be removed as Governor, for being "party-less".
His option will be to run back to PDP, in other to save his Governorship!
If PDP accepts him, that destroys any possibility of claiming to still be a member of APC and whatever benefit he is trying to make from that summersault. if they dont, he loses his Governorship. grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Rilwayne001: 7:58am On Jun 17, 2020
Heffalump:
To prove how stupid and unwanted Oshiomhole is to his people, there is massive jubilation ongoing right now in his ward after the news of suspension hit the air waves undecided

Yet, some cursed 'afonjas' are fighting hard for this dirty man, simply because they felt Oshiomhole will help their notorious "jagaban" to secure 2023 presidential ticket under the APC. Very skewed people!

Nonsense undecided

You're a slowpoke!
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Maxymilliano(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2020
One4me:

Very relevant question because right now, Obaseki has left the APC and the PDP is yet to formally accept him, therefore, he is currently party-less.
Nigerian Constitution and Electoral laws doesnot make provision for a Governor not to have a party.
Infact, the laws prohibits independent candidacy as ALL elected Officers must operate from a Party.

Time to remove Obaseki, for violating electoral laws and constitution of Nigeria. grin grin

NB: If l were APC, we will ask him to write us formerly that he wants to re-apply to APC, pointing to his ChannaleTV announcement of no longer being a member of the APC.
If he doesnot write, he is not a member. If he write, we will delay a response but ask a party member or some neutral person to seek Judicial request that he be removed as Governor, for being "party-less".
His option will be to run back to PDP, in other to save his Governorship!
If PDP accepts him, that destroys any possibility of claiming to still be a member of APC and whatever benefit he is trying to make from that summersault. if they dont, he loses his Governorship. grin

Thanks for the clarification ...
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Kweensavvy:

I am not an Oshiomole fan AT ALL. But I like to be objective... Abeg is Oshomole not from Edo state again?

Well I understand that the people support Obaseki.. Especially since the Oba (asokpaye... ase) is in support of him.
I understand you sir! Neither am I holding brief for Obaseki. We are just irked by Oshiomole's double-speak, it is an insult on our sensibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 17, 2020
raumdeuter:
At least he don resign from APC

He can reappply again. All Nah the same

Same same corrupt politicians
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Babinski: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2020
muykem:
Confused fellow. PDP primary is Friday and the rule is that you can't become candidate without participating in primary.

If Obaseki is not careful he will create complications for himself that will come to haunt him in the event he wins re-election under either APC or PDP.
For example his resignation from APC, the coming PDP primaries and issues raised for his disqualification by APC are all potential landmines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by awoluyi(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2020
You are on own if you believe anything a politician tells you. This is why I have never voted for any politician throughout my entire life.
I just dey luk dem!
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by dahnimoh(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2020
romenna:
Hope ambode is learning

Obaseki,has a heart of Lion.

Edolites are not cowards
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Born2Breed(f): 8:52am On Jun 17, 2020
Heffalump:
To prove how stupid and unwanted Oshiomhole is to his people, there is massive jubilation ongoing right now in his ward after the news of suspension hit the air waves undecided

Yet, some cursed 'afonjas' are fighting hard for this dirty man, simply because they felt Oshiomhole will help their notorious "jagaban" to secure 2023 presidential ticket under the APC. Very skewed people!

Nonsense undecided

Nor mind them.
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by wonder233: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2020
The ward APC has not accepted his resignation
Wiseandtrue:
Obaseki, Since you resigned from APC, will you re-apply again
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by emperor863(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2020
Salvador1:
Obaseki should better don play a childish game in this matter. Else he will loss people's sympathy.

Who's sympathy? Igbos' sympathy?

He is not joining your party -PDP. He definitely has better plans for his political life.

With that decision, he may get some real votes unlike the online votes he would get from Igbos, I mean the type you gave to Saraki, Melaye, and other retired politicians.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by romenna: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2020
dahnimoh:

Obaseki,has a heart of Lion.

Edolites are not cowards
we r not yoruba wey dey rake without liver.
if we promise u say we go deliver, we dey deliver.
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by christopheojo(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2020
romenna:
Hope ambode is learning
FOR SURE
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Beedude(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2020
BREYZ:
This is what Ambode should have done in Lagos, resign and fight even if he loses atleast he fought, he wasn't suppose to chicken out. Obaseki is a good fighter and even if he loses posterity will always remember him as a man who fought against his godfather. I said even if he loses because I know he won't lose.
Its a different scenerio guy.
1. Tinubu is a different tactician to Oshiomole. He knows when to pick a fight. An instance was Fashola 2nd term. If he dump Fashola, he might lose Lag to an opposition. He knows how to destroy u without taking the lead or making it obvious.
2. Ambode had no structure in place that could win him 3 LGA in Lag.
3. Lastly he offended so many powerful party men who Tinubu used as instrument.
I think Oshiomole should have allowed Obaseki participated in the primaries. Once he lose the ticket there, he doesnt have anyone to blame but himself for no being a party man.
The game is still on. We see how it end.
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 17, 2020
uniqueboi1:

The way una afonjas abandon ambode ehnnn. I fear who no fear Yoruba people o.

You are only trying to be mischievous as usual... Is there any part where they don't abandon one politician for the other? Was Ambode ever preferred by all Yorubas in Lagos??

This Nairaland is just a breeding ground for tribalism and bigotry, it makes me wonder whether you all are competing for a trophy in stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:03am On Jun 17, 2020
wonder233:
The ward APC has not accepted his resignation
Hmmmmm if he has not accepted then why the public announcement
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by SenatorBright(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2020
muykem:
Confused fellow. PDP primary is Friday and the rule is that you can't become candidate without participating in primary.

Oshiomole dey confuse the guy with his prank play. He don't want Obaseki to be in APC and he don't want him to contest under PDP. Obaseki will be disorganized where the next step will be.

By Monday, after the PDP primary election, Oshio Baba will return as APC chairman again.

Politics is a game played by genius

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by LaIabobo: 9:18am On Jun 17, 2020
kestor:

Lol! I understand how you feel. Bloggers and misinformation. They just don't have timestamp like seasoned print media information.
Th I statement was issued immediately Obaseki announced his resignation, long before Adams was suspended as Chairman. But between then and when it gets to FP, it would look like current news; that's what most folks here don't understand.
I'm in Benin, I have a friend with NUJ Benin branch, they are following the issues. Just rely on updates from Vanguard News online or Channels, they're almost always on time.

Obaseki tweeted it this morning.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by jds30: 9:24am On Jun 17, 2020
c
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:28am On Jun 17, 2020
It's better Oshiomhole get on with his godfatherism, because PDP is the last thing we want back in Edo State.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by TruthinAction: 9:29am On Jun 17, 2020
Please, let's kick all these polithiefians out. They are just there for their belly. We need new parties.
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by ofiko123(m): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2020
We know that it is PDP you are moving to eventually..
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by adamubk(m): 9:41am On Jun 17, 2020
Obaseki is trending more that covid 19 in Nigeria now
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by ramatintin(m): 9:45am On Jun 17, 2020
Heffalump:

Nonsense undecided
i repeat no body will be happy from edo north that oshiomole is suspended that man is like a king there stop saying what u don't know.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:45am On Jun 17, 2020
His personal person coming in as the acting apc chairman.
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Swtbabyvee(f): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2020
TruthinAction:
Please, let's kick all these polithiefians out. They are just there for their belly. We need new parties.
who told you they won’t be there for the money also ,, with this present generation? Who r so focused on yahoo yahoo? Tahhh
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by uniqueboi1(m): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2020
Thothafx:

You are only trying to be mischievous as usual... Is there any part where they don't abandon one politician for the other? Was Ambode ever preferred by all Yorubas in Lagos??

This Nairaland is just a breeding ground for tribalism and bigotry, it makes me wonder whether you all are competing for a trophy in stupidity.

Lol. Bro no be my fault naw. The way una desert the guy weak me. No be bini people dae follow Obaseki up and down so?
Re: Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet by Goodman247: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2020
You are pre occupied with what, now that another acting chairman has emerged, you want to stay put, watching as the drama unfold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki: Buhari Was Shocked That Oshiomhole Disqualified Me From APC Primary / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / Pictures Of Okowa/atiku 2019 Campaign Headquarters In Asaba, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.