Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed (43165 Views)

Jamb’s Top Performer, Kamsiyochukwu Gets 8 A’s, 1 B In WAEC / Nigerian CEO Rewards JAMB Top Scorer Kamsiyochukwu Umeh With N2.5 Million(Photo) / Top 10 Candidates In 2023 UTME As Announced By JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Abagworo(m): 11:50am On Jun 17, 2020
LAGOS 3

OGUN 3

OYO 2

KWARA 2

RIVERS 1

FCT 1

KOGI 1

Where is Imo?
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Kaa4(m): 11:50am On Jun 17, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Are we sure Jamb didn't doctor the list like waec...

The list is fake..

We won't take it because we are highly educated and sophisticated.

Lol

do the needful.
If you know how JAMB arrives at these scores you will to wan to trust JAMB again. But be sure the scores are real and represent the performance of the candidates. Performance represents the preparedness of the students and nothing more.
You may get the students tot eh schools and the performance may drop depending on orientation. So the is the first step for them.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Olatara(f): 11:50am On Jun 17, 2020
Blackking98:

They Excel where federal character is applied
Yinmu! Quota system.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2020
ABCthings:
Must you have the last say? Don't quote me again jorr.
grin I must.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Daddysidhan: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2020
Seerade029:
All of them self nah South west universities Dem choose tongue
you want them to choose from the East? Even the idiotic igbos on nairaland knows that the West side is the best side in terms of education but ego will not let them bow for their master. If any Igbo Man want to make it in life na West first before east

5 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gerrard59(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2020
BSF:

Because he knows what you do not know about KWASU, especially in that field and corresponding derivates.

The field is mechanical engineering and last I checked, the other schools his fellow top scorers chose have renowned mechanical engineering departments than KWASU. The derivatives here could be he resides in Kwara and prefers to school near home. Even at that, Uniilorin is highly ranked than KWASU.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by ABCthings: 11:53am On Jun 17, 2020
Ausrichie:

grin I must.
Ok.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by ArticleBeast: 11:53am On Jun 17, 2020
Seerade029:

Point is, they(science students) shouldn't score more than the commercial students.

cos the later is easier than the former
How did you know the latter is easier? Have you asked yourself why science students find it difficult to pass English and other text-based courses but excel at calculation courses? I believe the term easier is subjective.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Daddysidhan: 11:53am On Jun 17, 2020
Seerade029:
All of them self nah South west universities Dem choose tongue
you want them to choose from the East? Even the idiotic igbos on nairaland knows that the West side is the best side in terms of education but ego will not let them bow for their master. If any Igbo Man want to make in life na Lagos before London

2 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Kaa4(m): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2020
Seerade029:
imagine, engineering students, scoring more than those who applied for these courses
Accounting
Banking and finance
Business admin
insurance
Marketing
public admin
Economics
History
Political science
It does not mean that those who come to study management sciences are not good enough. The engineering courses are physical as well as precision subjects, the Management sciences requires more thinking than the engineering courses. Humanities are the worst.
Come to look at it , these engineering students will layer come tot eh auditing banking insurance and even marketing jobs claiming they are better performers

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Ayekotoo(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2020
kettykings:

They schooled in the west and beat the west in their back yard

They didn't beat anybody but compete very well.

How come those that schooled in the southeast are no where to be found in the list?

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gerrard59(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2020
otokx:
Interesting, the universities chosen would be proud and they are all in the west.

Partly one of the reasons why the best universities in Nigeria are situated in the South West. The diversity, alumni value, employment prospects and competition increases the reputation of institutions in the SW. However, no one said Yorubas shouldn't apply to institutions in the east.

If one checks it at the global level, we've more Chinese and Indians in western universities than westerners in Chinese or Indian universities. Even at that, the gap between western universities and Sino-Indian universities isn't as wide as that between SWestern universities and their eastern counterparts.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Audaite: 11:57am On Jun 17, 2020
Funny enough...After all the 360 some thing, the so-called dull heads normads would be the ones ending up in DPR & NNPC while the acclaimed Smart Ass would be looking for teaching jab up and down...Funny Country with funny character!

2 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by comrChris(m): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2020
Where are all these La cram La pour medical students? Always feeling they are the best when ordinary differential equation will take them one week to solve
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Franktom247(m): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2020
ODJ124:
congrats to them....

...Wahala is when you vomit pounded yam with fish in church during fasting and prayer session...
If na me vomit am i go turn am to testimony saying GOD has been providing me food via sleep
Gworo chewers leave nama una no go hear buhari go still rig admission give una
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Princedapace(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2020
Blackking98:

Igbos and Yorubas should stop this unnecessary bickering na Haba

Aswear, those who do this here are so useless. The matter tire me. The two tribes are among the best in the entire sub saharan africa but have allowed stupidity to keep them where they are till date.

4 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gerrard59(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
Seerade029:

Point is, they(science students) shouldn't score more than the commercial students.

cos the later is easier than the former

Humanities aren't easier than numerical disciplines. They are more subjective as it's at the discretion of the assessor to grade the student. However, numerical disciplines have a pre-scoring method that even in say Canada or Brazil, the answer is universal. Which is why there are more first class graduates from numerical courses than humanities based disciplines. Another thing to consider is the fields that pay very high. These lucrative industries are majorly numerical and as a result they attract the best and brightest. Which is they are highly competitive and to have a chance, one needs to score very high across all metrics.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by kayzeesoft(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
Blackking98:

Igbos and Yorubas should stop this unnecessary bickering na Haba
The igbo people started it.
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Blackking98(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
Princedapace:

Aswear, those who do this here are so useless. The matter tire me. The two tribes are among the best in the entire sub saharan africa but have allowed stupidity to keep them where they are till date.
It's so tiring my brother, can't they enjoy success mutually? Everything must degenerate to ethnic fight.i tire
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by MhizJoyce(f): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
Seerade029:
imagine, engineering students, scoring more than those who applied for these courses
Accounting
Banking and finance
Business admin
insurance
Marketing
public admin
Economics
History
Political science
Even medicine

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Sheggy13(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
The David guy, the second best student should as a matter of urgency do a change of institution to a top federal University. How would you be that brilliant and get such a score in Utme only to end up in a University like Kwara State University, KWASU. That's absurd.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
give it to urhobo people being the only minority tribe there
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Princedapace(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
propsvilla3:
Good
Where is Arewa in that List
Few Years from now they will be the ones at the Hem of affairs while the brilliant and innovative Southerners will dump their certificates to start roasting corn and riding Okada. Tell me how Nigeria will ever move forward

This is the pure truth..
That is why when I see southerners fight them selves, I laugh! I simply laugh. Southern Nigeria practically work for north.

The biggest enemy here is north. If only southern Nigeria, east, west and south south can unite with middle belt, north will be put in it right position which is to serve the southern Nigeria..

But I still cant tell why till date, the mistakes made by our southern forefathers are still repeated till date. I'm Igbo but I can tell u that yorubas are extremely intelligent. The Igbos are also very intelligent. These two tribes if they can unite and work well, they both can liberate the black race.

But no, all they care about is fight one another and loot money. They are ruled by the north!

U rarely see northerners do well once federal character is not involved. They simply cant! How many times have u heard their names academically abroad? How many times have u seen their names in tech startups? They cant do well in a merit based economy. They can only do well in an economy driven by Federal character and quota system..

As usual, east and west are fighting here.. foolish people who fight while north rule. In a saner clime, northern Nigeria should be serving the more intelligent southern Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gabkosh: 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
Juliusmalema:

LMAO.

Educational development indeed.

See twist..born and bred.

So someone in Kogi was also born and bred in SW.

Sophiscated sophiscated.... LMAO.

See how u want claim another person pikin.
But South West still lead the list with SS na

5 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gerrard59(m): 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
Focusmind:
KWASU!! - You sure say my guy reason am well so!

These kind of thing happens when the parents or relatives are not vast about how prestigious higher institutions are - With all due apologies to KWASU grin

if my child could make that score, what stops me from picking more prestigious schools for him or her. May be the KWASU is the only institution close to his place of abode. He may be living either in kogi or kwara state.

After all in US, a lady scored one of the highest in SAT and chose Indiana state university while people were concerned why she didn't choose the ivy league universities. Her reason was that she lives in Indiana and had visited the university and liked it. A good guider would have offered a better choice for her than the Indiana she chose.

You're right because even in the same Indiana, University of Notre Dame and Purdue University are located there. Poor choice considering his score and future employment prospects. Hopefully, he uses the Internet well during his time in school because I'm very sure there are few KWASU graduates who have heard about GRE, GMAT or even Dragnet.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Princedapace(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
Blackking98:

It's so tiring my brother, can't they enjoy success mutually? Everything must degenerate to ethnic fight.i tire

The forefathers of the two tribes failed big time. The entire southern Nigeria failed big time. I also think some people deliberately make some tribal comments to instigate the two tribes as well.

It pains to see that the two most intelligent and hard working tribes are shadow of them selves while north rule them. Igbos and yorubas are too intelligent to be ruled by northern nigeria. But they will not know. They will be fighting them selves for stupid reasons.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by jaymorgan(m): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
No medicine aspirant
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by sidonlook: 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Are we sure Jamb didn't doctor the list like waec...

The list is fake..

We won't take it because we are highly educated and sophiscated.

Lol

do the needful.

Why do you doubt ?
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gabkosh: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Blackking98:
Arrewa howfa?
I no see your people here o
I doubt you'll accept this
Should we add it to federal character? grin

Anyways good seeing Akwa Ibom and Edo boys there, Yorubas and igbos dominant as usual.
Meanwhile some cattle rearing nomads are no where to be found.
Wetin coisine us por north. Since Bubu is the fresident
Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Gerrard59(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
One study I'll be glad to read or even sponsor when the money is available is the number of first class graduates whose JAMB scores are above 300 and vice versa. Another will be to check their current careers' projections. This will be important to link the correlation (if there is) between a high JAMB score and the likelihood to attain first class. This is important because the first class graduates I've come across never scored 300 in JAMB. One even had 180+ yet finished as the best graduating from his faculty.

The future is interesting.

Cc: Admitwithschola

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: JAMB Top 10 Candidates Revealed by Blackking98(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
kayzeesoft:

The igbo people started it.
It hurts but y'all need to make peace for the betterment of the south

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Unilorin Students' Struggle / Bingham University Student Bullied, Flogged By Fellow Student / Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.