Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Application For Uk Student Visa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Application For Uk Student Visa. (14899 Views)

UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Application For Uk Student Visa. by dwhite1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2007
Hello Nairalanders,
i just wish to find-out what is the appropriate time to apply for a UK student visa. i got an unconditional offer from a skool is Readings,UK. n the skool rep is askin me to pay here b4 comin over n im advised that its not a wise decision. but that is not much of a problem,though part of it but i really want to know the appropriate time to apply n the best process. My skool resumption date is Sept 17, 2007. thanks
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Akolawole(m): 1:30am On Jun 13, 2007
You can apply any moment from now.
Good luck.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by senetee(m): 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2007
Hey fellow nairalanders,
what is the chance that a person with some two years post NYSC work experience, newly issued nigerian passport and fully paid school fees for a masters will get a student visa to the UK?

Honest opinions welcome
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Ollie39: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2007
Very slim.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by manoy(m): 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2007
stop discouraging people,with God all things are possible
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Ollie39: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2007
The poster asked for an honest opinion. smiley
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by technic: 9:06pm On Jun 16, 2007
Just a quick one. My cousin was a refused a student visa last year. He won the appeal and today he has handed in his passport at the British Embassey in lagos. Do the embassey usually stamp students passport to enable them to travel straight away? His course starts in September. He has been told to pick up his passport next Friday.
Anybody know, or have any recent experiences.

Thanks
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 17, 2007
What is the meaning of this?

Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by funfavour(f): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2007
hi nairalanders are u saying if you donot have more than 2yrs work experience u cant get a student visa to uk? wht if i have my school fees and i apply wont it be approved? not worked for over a yr post nysc

honest answers plsssssss
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by senetee(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2007
@Ollie39

Thanks for your response.I assume you speak from experience or careful observations. So you mean paying full fees plus accomodation is still not sufficient to convince those visa guys the candidate is worthy? If what then does one need to get a student visa, british passport, first class degree, 100 million naira bank account or what?
Still want honest answers with reasons. Thanks
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by azorjiu(m): 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2007
funfavour:

hi Nairaland users are u saying if you donot have more than 2yrs work experience u can't get a student visa to uk? wht if i have my school fees and i apply wont it be approved? not worked for over a yr post nysc

honest answers plsssssss

Work experience is not a requirement for student visa.

Ensure your documents are straight and you meet all the requirements.

Paying your fees in full could enhence your chances, but don't bank on that.

Freshly issued passport is not a problem. The age your passport is immaterial here.

Ensure there is enough money in the statement you are presenting.
If you send a clean application and get rejected (God forbid!), appeal the decision.
Over 75% of appeal are successful. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 10:47am On Jul 25, 2007
its funny how people with zero in4mation get on this site and start destroying peoples dreams

@ senetee dont mind people like ollie, she doesnt have the slightest in4 about visa screenin process
I just got my student visa last week for a longer period than i asked 4, ill be leaving 4 my course in Scotland, starting sept 17, on August 20th
Mind u i busted my NYSC, cos it 2 me is a bloddy waste of time and i told d visa officer so during d interview
Also, and i have barely 1year 6 months experience in construction  industry just after graduation and i am well below 30!
Listen to people like Azorjiu who seem to be well learned. Brotha u stand all d chance

@ ollie39
i guess u need some schooling , the fact dat u were deported does not mean u should
discourage serious minded and focused individuals from makin a move. Thank God i never listend to your ilk
before my Visa interview, barely a week after i applied.

To all wishing to apply, for september courses do it now, it will be out in 14 working days
but be sincere and rather than tell lies dont talk about some facts. and make sure all your docs
are genuine.
Good luck. see u when we get there! wink
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by VOR(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2007
Swiftycool,

All the best, which part of Scotland will you be studying?
One piece of advice I will give you is not to travel to the UK
PRIOR TO THE VALIDITY DATE OF YOUR VISA.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2007
@ VOR
Sorry, i didnt quite get what u meant. i clearly spelt out to
the visa officials that id like totravel well b4 my course commences
and my entry clearance doesnt state a specific date for my travelling

pls let me kno if there is a penalty for leaving much earlier than ur start date,
say 2-3 weeks?
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by VOR(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2007
Swifty,

You can travel prior to the commencement of your course
but not prior to the commencementof the start date of your
EC. If you look at the EC closely there are two dates on it.
One is the commencement date and the other is the expiry date.
It is normally at the top of the EC around the right hand side.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2007
VOR
i just checkd it and it says valid from 17/07/07 to 31/03/09
Does dat mean i could have left since 17th of dis month?
funny i got the visa on the 18th
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by VOR(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2007
swiftycool:

VOR
i just checkd it and it says valid from 17/07/07 to 31/03/09
Does that mean i could have left since 17th of this month?
funny i got the visa on the 18th

Exactly, you could if you had so wanted travelled anytime from 17/07/07.
Not to worry, you are still leaving in plenty of time for your course.

Good luck
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by karla: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2007
Hello,

What are the chances of obtaining a student visa for a post graduate program in UK, if the application is submitted either in the 3rd or last week in August. The resumption date for the program is October 1.

Is it possible to apply for a student visa with a conditional letter of admission?

Thank you
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by mrpataki(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ karla,
Go and get an unconditional letter of admission. Or else you will get a letter of refusal by the HC based on that. It is never too late to drop your application though.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 05, 2007
angry angry >: 1.( please i wanna change my status to a student from the UK so am back to makeup the form, cuz of the bio, stuff but please where is the best place i can drop my application, Lagos or Abuja(I live in Lagos) 2. I wanna get a new passport how many day does it cost me 2 get a new passport. 3. Am to resume by September hope its not too late?, thanks frank answer please
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 05, 2007
angry angry >: 1.( please i wanna change my status to a student from the UK so am back to makeup the form, cuz of the bio, stuff but please where is the best place i can drop my application, Lagos or Abuja(I live in Lagos) 2. I wanna get a new passport how many day does it cost me 2 get a new passport. 3. Am to resume by September hope its not too late?, thanks frank answer please
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Ldales(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2007
Hi, i got admission into university of manchester, and i have all my documents complete, and my sister in the uk is my sponsor.
I would be including my own payslips, bank statement, and letter from my office.

I havent applied for my visa yet, though i intend doing so later this week.

I would like to know how long it usually takes, and also my chances.

There is a column in the visa application for that asks about how much is with you for this trip, can someone tell me what to write there. smiley
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2007
Ldales:

Hi, i got admission into university of manchester, and i have all my documents complete, and my sister in the uk is my sponsor.
I would be including my own payslips, bank statement, and letter from my office.

I havent applied for my visa yet, though i intend doing so later this week.

I would like to know how long it usually takes, and also my chances.

There is a column in the visa application for that asks about how much is with you for this trip, can someone tell me what to write there. smiley

How soon is your commencement date @ manchsater? if september or october then apply as soon as you can
As per your sponsors her statement of acct. residence utility bills, employers letter etc may be necessary, if yours cannot cater for the course

As per the amount available for your trip, state the ammount in pounds required for studies and living expenses
all together this might fall between E14k to E15k check the actual from ur prospectus.
The Visa officials just want to be sure u know what u are getting involved in thats why they are asking.
NB: i hope u have an unconditional admission offer or acceptance letter
Gud luck!
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Ldales(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2007
Thanks man. The commencement date is 17th september. My sister's statement has a balance of just 400pounds in it, would that do, cos there has been plenty of activity in it though.

I have all the other documents, save for the statement, thats what is delaying me now. i intend to apply early next week by Gods Grace.

Hope to get your reply soon.

Regards
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by hobgoblin1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2007
As per the amount available for your trip, state the ammount in pounds required for studies and living expenses
all together this might fall between E14k to E15k check the actual from your prospectus.

If u have fully paid your tuition fees, I don't think you need to state the sum of ur tuition+living expenses as the amount available for your travel.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Ldales(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2007
I have paid 2k pounds out off 11000pounds
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by D1O(m): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2007
the amount you should write there is the cost of tuiton + the cost of living for the duration of the programme. For some one schooling in London, the COL could be quite higher in excess of 8000 pounds or so. So if you add that to you Tuition fees it boils down to about 20,000. It depends on tution fees sha. mine is 12500. So you do the math
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by mizztee(f): 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2007
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by timx(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2007
I'm really confused now!. I submitted my documents for a student visa on the 3rd of august at the vfs office. The problem is that i only got to submit the photocopies of my credentials. All other douments were originals . The reason being that i required them for series of upcoming tests and interviews. I did not want to hold back because of time constraint and i certainly did not want to put all my "eggs in one basket". If i end up getting a credible job i don't mind staying back but if not id want to go for my masters. i just want to spread my options. I'd really like to know the probability of my getting a visa.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2007
timx:

I'm really confused now!. I submitted my documents for a student visa on the 3rd of august at the vfs office. The problem is that i only got to submit the photocopies of my credentials. All other douments were originals . The reason being that i required them for series of upcoming tests and interviews. I did not want to hold back because of time constraint and i certainly did not want to put all my "eggs in one basket". If i end up getting a credible job i don't mind staying back but if not id want to go for my masters. i just want to spread my options. I'd really like to know the probability of my getting a visa.

Submitting photocopies of your credentials was not the wisest thing to do, cos it makes it more difficult for visa officials to verify its authenticity. Also we all know that most Nigerian Universities have no unline verification links for awarded degrees or other qualifications issued by them, hence the normal verification process might take time and in some cases might be impossible.
Nonetheless, Visa officials are not really as sadistic as percieved by most people. They understand the fact that u dont want to risk losing originals, hence your actions so, they can let it pass after proper scrutiny (i believe they have experts for this). Besides they also realise d fact that Fakers are less likely to submit photocopies, instead they submit "fake originals".
i believe if all your other docs. were intact and authentic, you stand a good chance, it might only take some time.
Good luck
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Ldales(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2007
Hi,
I have all my visa documents and i would be applying on Wednesday morning, and i am s'psed to resume on 17th September.

I am trusting God for a speedy process, and eventually a positive answer. But what i want to know is that must they call you for an interview, or your application would just be sent back to the VAC either refused or granted, as in is it only when it would be granted that they call for interview, or if they send it back to you without an interview, it means it has been refused?

Please i need experienced answers.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by seniorak47(m): 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2007
Hi all in the house,

I hope to get an unconditional offer within this week after satisfying the school's conditions as indicated on the conditional offer, which are 3; evidence of satisfactory finance, english language proficiency, and proof of first degree. It is a top Uk school infact in the top 10 worldwide. It does not require initial deposits nor any other payment until I am issued an invoice which is not even due until after resumption. Having met other conditions the BHC requires, I hope I won't be refused base on non-payment since the school does not expect me to pay yet? Please I need kind and honest opinions so that I can adjust as appropriate. I am due to apply last week of August and school will start last week of September.

(1) (2)

London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked / Abike Dabiri Hails Abia For Being The First State To Have A Diaspora Commission / Experience At The Nigerian Embassy London (with Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.