Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Application For Uk Student Visa. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Application For Uk Student Visa. (14915 Views)

UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
Ldales:

Hi,
I have all my visa documents and i would be applying on Wednesday morning, and i am s'psed to resume on 17th September.

I am trusting God for a speedy process, and eventually a positive answer. But what i want to know is that must they call you for an interview, or your application would just be sent back to the VAC either refused or granted, as in is it only when it would be granted that they call for interview, or if they send it back to you without an interview, it means it has been refused?

Please i need experienced answers.

As i have mentioned earlier, well im not sure if it was on this thread, Not all applicants are required to appear for an interview. If you satisfy them enough with your paper documentation you might just go down to the VF centre to collect your passport. Interviews are called 4 in some special cases when they need clarification on some aspects of your documentation or desire to meet u in person to ascertain the fact that u are truely proficient in english especially if u dont have any english test taken like ielts or  tofel . It might also be to evaluate u if u are truely a genuine and competent intending student, this enables them make a swift decision.
BE aware of the fact that only a little percentage will be invited for an interview and quite a number uninterviewd are equally granted VISAs.

seniorak47:

Hi all in the house,

I hope to get an unconditional offer within this week after satisfying the school's conditions as indicated on the conditional offer, which are 3; evidence of satisfactory finance, english language proficiency, and proof of first degree. It is a top Uk school infact in the top 10 worldwide. It does not require initial deposits nor any other payment until I am issued an invoice which is not even due until after resumption. Having met other conditions the BHC requires, I hope I won't be refused base on non-payment since the school does not expect me to pay yet? Please I need kind and honest opinions so that I can adjust as appropriate. I am due to apply last week of August and school will start last week of September.

An unconditional offer states clearly to the Visa authorities that u have satisfied all the salient conditions for admission into their institution. The Visa authotities have no right to enforce you to pay any deposit fees except the school so demands. All they have to do now is to scrutinise you and your documents to ensure they are genuine.They may interview you to ascertain if u are as competent as the school sees you .Mind u there is no section in the VF checklist that requests for proof of payment, people only include them to heighten their chances, yet ive seen dozens of full fee payers denied and an equal number of non-fee payers issued VISAS. Cheers
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Manking: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2007
hello nigeria landers,
This is Manking recruitment officer we offer Visa to Asia and EU countries call this Number to confirm 234-8063564709 try to apply both in studying overseas thanks
Best regards.
Manking Recruit Officer
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by timx(m): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2007
@ Swiftycool

I went to the vfs to collect my passport on the 17th working day but was told that it wasnt ready yet. They gave me a number to call to determine the progress of my application. No calls for interview or to my sponsor. Now im totally confused . What r these guys up to? undecided
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by DEEBOY29(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2007
nairalanders in the house,
i submitted my application last week but there was no document showing that i made any accomodation arrangments with the school,but i submitted a cousins letter of support and mortgage statment,page of passport showing residence permit,his house is in london,while my school is in scotland.hope dat won't be used against me.although i submitted an email showing i had 20%scholarship,and letter of sponsorship from my company.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by VOR(m): 11:52pm On Aug 25, 2007
DEEBOY29:

Nairaland users in the house,
i submitted my application last week but there was no document showing that i made any accomodation arrangments with the school,but i submitted a cousins letter of support and mortgage statment,page of passport showing residence permit,his house is in london,while my school is in scotland.hope that won't be used against me.although i submitted an email showing i had 20%scholarship,and letter of sponsorship from my company.

You appear to have given theHigh Commission the perfect excuse to refuse you.
Exactly how do you intend to attend school in Scotland if you live in London. Duh undecided
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by DEEBOY29(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2007
But was used to support my claim of having a relation in the UK.in my form i stated i would be staying in skol nd stated the cost of my acc
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2007
timx:

@ Swiftycool

I went to the vfs to collect my passport on the 17th working day but was told that it wasnt ready yet. They gave me a number to call to determine the progress of my application. No calls for interview or to my sponsor. Now im totally confused . What r these guys up to? undecided

Be paitient, from what u might have read on this thread if u hav been following, some guys got their replies later than even 20 working days, although standard time should have been 14. i got mine less than that. u might or might not be called 4 d interview but still keep ur fingers crossed they will soon call u, even those who get denied are called
Good luck and cheers.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2007
DEEBOY29:

i submitted my application last week but there was no document showing that i made any accomodation arrangments with the school,but i submitted a cousins letter of support and mortgage statment,page of passport showing residence permit,his house is in london,while my school is in scotland.hope that won't be used against me.although i submitted an email showing i had 20%scholarship,and letter of sponsorship from my company.

The BHC is not particular about u having an accommodation ready waiting 4 u in d UK. They only require a letter from the school informing u about readily available accommodation to intl. students, Hence they are aware that u have weighed the accommodation option and know the cost so u can understand where your funds (living costs) or your sponsors money will be directed to. If the school didnt give one to u , u could simply ask them stating the fact that it is a visa applicatn requirement.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Vicjustice: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2007
DEEBOY29:

DEEBOY29
Your's is one of the most badly prepared applications i've ever heard of. You know that the Embassy always look for reasons for refusal rather than for approval. Even if there is accommodation available, i'm in doubt that they will take it into consideration since you've not secured it.
  If i were you, i'd call the embassy to hold on while i produce further vital documents to support my application: that would be better than to let them decide it the way it is now, you don't stand a good chance
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by branco2200: 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2007
iv veen called for interview on thursday next week. is there any possibility of getting my visa day? and what are the questions the ECO normally ask? and what are the possibilities of getting the visa.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Rare(m): 1:26am On Sep 25, 2007
@DEEBOY,

I suppose you must have gotten your decision from the BHC now. Would be interesting to know the result, so we can see how accurate on this analysis on your application really were!!
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Adorajay: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2007
Hi everyone,
I finally got my visa today, Thank the Merciful God!
It took me 22 working days, i guess thats not that much considering how long sassagdey had his own.
but the end justified the wait, thank God!! It was actually a re-application, so yes it does work, u just have to focus on the reasons why they refused u the visa in the first application, that was wat i did, and it worked. My first application was in early August then i put this one in at the end of august.
If there's anything u would like to know as well, get back to me, after all, it was guys like u that gave me hope(and some of u gave me fear as well tongue).
For those of u still waiting for a call, it is well, I wasnt even called for an interview, so my wait was really hard as well!but it paid off in the end.
Good luck and thanks for all those out there praying for people like us.

UK, here i come, grin grin wink
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by swiftycool(m): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2007
@ Adorajay

Congrats and i hope u are preparing 4 d cold
since u will be comming near winter. word of advice come here to buy your stuff
You will be suprised at how cheaper you can get them here than in Naija, authentic stuff too
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Adorajay: 10:22am On Sep 28, 2007
@ Swiftycool

Thanks for the word of advice.
Is getting cold already!!
My Goodness,
Oh well, we'll survive.
grin
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by manoy(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2007
Plz endeavour to bring ur handset cos I left mine at home not knowing that ,
Which school is that? Do not allow people to scare u as touching uk and if possible get an x-ray to show that ur chest is tb free.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by mayayi: 4:50am On Oct 20, 2007
nice one
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by scorpio1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2007
Hello SeniorAk47, pls can you help me with the name of the school pls, i am frantically in need of such school for my masters programme.
I will be glad if you'd help.
Ciao!!
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by temikay1: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2007
i applied at ibadan last year and my application was taken to lagos and was refused, i appealed and the appeal was unsuccessful, i want to re apply now, but i just discovered that all ibadan applications are now taken to abuja for initial consideration, should i still apply in ibadan and get it sent to abuja or take it to lagos where it was initially decided.

i need your help please guys
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by mayayi: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ temi kay
What are the reason of your resufals?
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by temikay1: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2007
they said they noticed inconsistencies and anomalies in d bank docs so dey cannot rely on it as proof of sponsorship, but everything was original, so i really don't know what anomalies, i submitted pay slips as well and this showed exactly d amount going into the bank,
where do u think i should apply please
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by kasman(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
hELLO NARIALANDERS,

PLS I HAVE APPLIED 4 A STUDENT VISA B4 AND WAS REFUSE VISA TO STUDY IN UK COS OF MY SPONSORS STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT. PLS I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF I CHANGING MY SPONSOR WILL HAVE EFFECT ON ME?

I NEED SINCERE RESPONSE
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by manasahona: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2009
hi, i hav received an conditional offer letter from university and course starts from 14 sep-09 so i just wanna kno wen s de best time to apply for my visa, one more thing i am still in my final year so i still do not hav my degree certificates,i ll be getting it sometime in july-august,so i just wanna kno.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by jessica17: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2010
hello, can anyone please help me, when can i re-apply for UK student visa, got my refusal of entry clearance aug.31,2010 due to maintenance funds not held for 28consecutive days, can i re-apply immediately?my class will start at sept.20 and latest joining will be on october 20, THANKS so much,
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2010
jessica17:

hello, can anyone please help me, when can i re-apply for UK student visa, got my refusal of entry clearance aug.31,2010 due to maintenance funds not held for 28consecutive days, can i re-apply immediately?my class will start at sept.20 and latest joining will be on october 20, THANKS so much,

Dear, focus on why they refused you which is the 28 consecutive days wahala, and then reapply. Am sure they will grant your application, Thank God you still have up to 20th of October.

Am also waiting for the outcome of mine, they gave me 30th of August as my tentative collection date, but am still waiting for their sms.

Good Luck in your Future application.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2010
JUST GOT MY ENTRY CLEARANCE (3 YRS MULTI.)

TIP: VISIT THE UKBA SITE, DOWNLOAD ALL DOWNLOADABLE WITH REGARDS TO THE CATEGORY OF VISA YOU WANT AND READ LIKE YOU ARE PREPARING FOR AN EXAM, DO EVERYTHING TO THE LATER, THEN BOLDLY WORK DOWN TO THE APPLICATION CENTER AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION.

AM 99% SURE YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR ENTRY CLEARANCE (VISA) JUST LIKE ME!

GOOD LUCK! cool cool
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by ramzykan: 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2010
hello, i am about to apply for uk student visa, and am to use my sponsor account , which is my dad,he has enough for to cover up for my living expense and the rest of my fee but the money there is not up to 28 days, can i still apply like that or i should wait, because am told to arrive on the 29 of jan. there is just a little time for me. or if i shud wait, can i apply last week of dec or first week of january.
please help me out. THANK YOU.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by justwise(m): 12:12am On Dec 02, 2010
ramzykan:

hello, i am about to apply for uk student visa, and am to use my sponsor account , which is my dad,he has enough for to cover up for my living expense and the rest of my fee but the money there is not up to 28 days, can i still apply like that or i should wait, because am told to arrive on the 29 of jan. there is just a little time for me. or if i shud wait, can i apply last week of dec or first week of january.
please help me out. THANK YOU.

Please wait else you will be refused, wait for the 28days.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by ramzykan: 7:10am On Dec 02, 2010
hello, i misplace my original waec result from waec, and i am to apply for visa , pls what can i do, i was told to get a sworn affidavit for that and also a police report, will they accept that at the embasy or is dere anything else. THANK YOU.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by xexes89: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hey guys,been comin here to read coments for a yle now and honestly am impresed.pls i submited my uk student visa more dan a week ago,i met all d necesary requirements.i hav paid fees of €7000 from 1008,i hav lik 2.1mil in my acct n its been dey for more dan 28 days and i submited my statement of acct,plus my dad's acct statement of acct wich is more dan 4 times my own,showin all inlows of his salary for atleast 6months,i submited my cas leta,i submited i leta of financial suport from my dad,i submited my bsc cert plus nysc cert.i also submited my cisco cert and my cert from zoom tech india cos i was they for studies after graduation yle waitin for nysc,plus i returned from india 2months elia dan my visa expiry period.am just tensed,and needed to talk to somone.pls wat ar my chances as i seriosly need dis visa.am just 24yrs old,its clearly stateded in my pasport n birth cert.pls candid opinions.one love naija.keep d flag flying.
Re: Application For Uk Student Visa. by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2013

(1) (2)

Ondo Multipurpose Deep Seaport Project To Cost $1 Billion / Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage / Ondo: Flood Engulfs Cars, Houses, And Gets Into Bank (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.