Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! (5190 Views)

Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ?? / Do You Know Sarah Baartman? The Black Woman Who Died Because Of Her Sexy Body / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by sigha(f): 12:28am On Jun 25, 2007
Its a pity people do not appreciate what they have, else how can a true black man say this. Many of our men do  feel inferior in a relationship with a successful or succeeding woman who goes out of her way to contribute in any way she can to make the man she loves comfortable. They therefore subscribe to the women who are comfortable just being at a man's beck and call. Then they turn back and scream foul. There are good women and bad women everywhere just as there are good men and bad men everywhere. But for you my black brother,the best woman you can ever find is the black woman. Love her,treat her with a little more respect and you would have found yourself a great treasure.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 25, 2007
Islander:

@All
I honestly believe what the poster meant was that "black women" are not "men-butt-lickers". In other words, we are not known to stick nonsense and would take on responsibilities are male dominated, instead of compromising who we are to fit into what society deems as acceptable.

When a white woman would go crawling on her knees, and tongue if it comes to that, to beg a man to make it work.( all signs of low self-esteem). A black woman would tell you to "shove it" and keep going.

Kudos! to my black sisters, who "nah mek man walk pon them dignity", Keep on keeping.

Are we talking about the same black women who would rather die in silence than be a alone, because men are scarce?  
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 25, 2007
sigha:

Its a pity people do not appreciate what they have, else how can a true black man say this. Many of our men do feel inferior in a relationship with a successful or succeeding woman who goes out of her way to contribute in any way she can to make the man she loves comfortable. They therefore subscribe to the women who are comfortable just being at a man's beck and call. Then they turn back and scream foul. There are good women and bad women everywhere just as there are good men and bad men everywhere. But for you my black brother,the best woman you can ever find is the black woman. Love her,treat her with a little more respect and you would have found yourself a great treasure.

Why do I have this feeling that Black men are running away from us because we are the ones who are at their becks and call? Aren't we trying to put our weak sides on others? White women have been known for having a very strong character. They might be docile with our men, because they are rare compared to their home men.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by sigha(f): 1:10am On Jun 25, 2007
The poster said marrying a black woman is a big responsibility. I had to draw his attention to one of many reasons why he may have felt that way. Being at a man's beck and call is the weakest side any woman can show.But then I believe that women who do that discovered a lot of our men subscribe to it. If not how do I explain when a man leaves a woman who has gone through tick and thin with him and helped to build his life, and goes to the one who does nothing but be there just like a furniture, the only difference being that she would jump at his command not minding that it makes her his responsibility. I wonder why he then turns round to comlain or label us a " bigggg responsibility"
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Eiregirl(f): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2007
Oh my god, I'm a white woman in a relationship with a black man, and no matter what his colour, if he doesn't treat me with the respect that I deserve I can show him where the door is. I'm a very independent woman with my own place, my own job, my own car etc. I didn't ask ANY man for ONE CENT towards anything that I have, I work hard. I don't need a man, black or white. I have NEVER crawled on my knees with my tongue out, for any man. I've read a lot of posts on here talking about Nigerian women being materialistic and money grabbers & I've heard a lot of black men speaking about it. Why would you depend on a man for things that you want for yourself, have some self respect & earn your own money & buy your own things!
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Echidime(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2007
@michelin89: I see how childish you are, anywhere you are not yet up to 20 years of age, so your reasoning is ok with your age. As you grow you will know why American Government can't allow a BLACK man to rule America,Or why Queen elizabeth and the entire British monarch murdered Princess Diana when she wanted to marry her African Arab lover

Of course you can marry from any part of the world,cos none is accepting you back home.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2007
Echidime:

@michelin89: I see how childish you are, anywhere you are not yet up to 20 years of age, so your reasoning is ok with your age. As you grow you will know why American Government can't allow a BLACK man to rule America,Or why Queen elizabeth and the entire British monarch murdered Princess Diana when she wanted to marry her African Arab lover

Of course you can marry from any part of the world,because none is accepting you back home.

Carry your fustrated self go that side. It is clear you are racist from the tip of your head to the surface under your feet. Na you know!
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by vronnie(f): 2:45am On Jun 26, 2007
@ nice i agree with you grin
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 26, 2007
Oh my god, I'm a white woman in a relationship with a black man, and no matter what his colour, if he doesn't treat me with the respect that I deserve I can show him where the door is. I'm a very independent woman with my own place, my own job, my own car etc. I didn't ask ANY man for ONE CENT towards anything that I have, I work hard. I don't need a man, black or white. I have NEVER crawled on my knees with my tongue out, for any man. I've read a lot of posts on here talking about Nigerian women being materialistic and money grabbers & I've heard a lot of black men speaking about it. Why would you depend on a man for things that you want for yourself, have some self respect & earn your own money & buy your own things!
You are so riiiiiiiiighttt

I think it has a lot to do with our society. About 99% of black women believe that a 'real man' must satisfy their whims and caprices. It is not about poverty like some others think because I know of well-off women who hide their money only to beg their men. They put themselves in the subservient posture yet expect to be treated as equals(feminism). Men especially in Port Harcourt are complaining bitterly about this 'recharge card' syndrome.
My definition of a prostitute is: a person who debases himself or herself for personal gain.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by omogenaija(f): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2007
sweet t all wat u posted na storyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tongue
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by hannydarl(f): 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2007
Why should it always be the woman trying hard to keep the marriage going? You dont want to work to make the marriage work abi so my niger sis ters get to lick your but to keep you at home. look for your omugo wife well o and when you find am keep am you hear cos not all women take shit these days.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Leilah(f): 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2007
well I'm white and I would raise hell it one split second I would beat on his ass if caught him cheating that is (not for flimsy reasons)

I would never take a man back if he cheated on me. it seems most african women forgive their husbands for that. But in other ways they would be more fierce than me. it all depends on the individual. Weak or strong.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Islander(f): 1:03am On Jul 05, 2007
michelin89:

Are we talking about the same black women who would rather die in silence than be a alone, because men are scarce? 

Speak for yourself.  Not every WOMAN has the mentally of an inexperienced child,
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by hannydarl(f): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2007
I believe nigerian women realy work hard to keep the home together even though their hubbys believe in cheating on them all the time some days ago I met some guys who believe that a guy can cheat on his wife all his life but it doesnt mean he doesnt love her and I asked them if it will be fair for a wife to sleep with another guy and tell her husband she still loves him even though she slept with someone else they said God forbid and that its unimaginable that why would I say such a thing the mere mention of it makes them want to kill somebody.
I know some women who took back straying husbands one wife took a guy that left her with two kids after 25 years and she gave testimony in the church that her husband who went frolicking with another woman for 25 years was back and I wondered if the guy will take her back had the case been reversed.the other two took their guys back after 15 and 12 years respectively the sad thing is that these idiot husbands left the wives with kids all those years and someguy is busy saying black women are trouble anyway na him get im mouth so he can say as he likes.
It is a pity no mater how hard women try to make a home happy one the men just wander off and blame it on the wives saying she is not sexy, she let herself go , some even go as far as blaming the fact that she gave birth to their children made her Vagina too free so they dont enjoy sex with her anymore and she is to be blamed for that I think women should stop trying too hard afterrall the guy will still find excuse to go outside the mariage and have fun anyway.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Dios(f): 3:11am On Jul 08, 2007
They are all bat sh#t crazy, thats a natural fact. But you get away with more stuff with snowflakes than black girl, most black girls are vindictive, just straight up shocked, it's fun seeing what you can get away with though, until the crazy bitch decides to f#ck with your car. undecided
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by kulaShaker(f): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2007
Dios:

They are all bat sh#t crazy, thats a natural fact. But you get away with more stuff with snowflakes than black girl, most black girls are vindictive, just straight up shocked, it's fun seeing what you can get away with though, until the crazy bitch decides to f#ck with your car. undecided

wow what a charmer you are, if all you do is refer to women as BITCHES then you are more than welcome to snowflakes and Red Riding hood. So much misconceptions in your post not Even worth arguing, won't want to burst your white colored bubble there prince charming grin
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2007
I really think we are misjudging the white women who date black men. I don't think they are better or cooler than us.

Just like a white woman treats a black man better, that's how a girl from the eastern Europe treats a western better.

The Italian men are also complaining that their woman are too hard on them so they are running to the Russians, Polish and those girls from the east!
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by chichi81(f): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2007
@michelin89= Azen. lipsrsealed
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2007
chichi81:

@michelin89= Azen. lipsrsealed

What the hell is your problem? I am not surprised since your are igbo. do you think you are better than me just because you come from that tribe which is famous for blood money (human sacrifice, even your own mother/father, daughter/son or your nephews/nieces), 419, drug dealing and so much more?

Please girl get yourself a life. If you think by writing my origin on my profile i have given you the chance to bitch me then I am sorry. I wrote it big and clearly so haters like you could go and jump into the lagoon. I don't give a damn about what you or that bitch of your mother think about the edos. I'll continue to flaunt my origins as long as I live.

Idiot!
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Dios(f): 5:03am On Jul 10, 2007
@Kulashaker, I didn't say all women are bitches, all I said was y'all are crazy.
But when I do call a woman a bitch, I'm talking about A HOE LIKE YOU,dumb cunt.

PS I don't really even cuss at y'all, but you asked for it. Biaaaaaaaaaatch
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by kulaShaker(f): 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2007
Dios:

@Kulashaker, I didn't say all women are bitches, all I said was y'all are crazy.
But when I do call a woman a bitch, I'm talking about A HOE LIKE YOU,dumb cunt.

PS I don't really even cuss at y'all, but you asked for it. Biaaaaaaaaaatch

wow all this abuse for one lickle thing , love you too kiss
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by toshmann(m): 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2007
i am a black guy. i am educated and civilised. no criminal records. i dont smoke. not history of problems with the police or other law enforcement agents. i am nigerian. ibo. in a few months i intend to marry another black girl. she is beautiful and well brought up. educated and even richer than me by far.

anyone who thinks black on black marriage is a mistake can go and rot in hell. but i'll never marry those flat arsed, pale, skinny flat chested and mannerless women that surround the whole western world.

i love my girl and our marriage will work in jesus name. . . . .AMEN cheesy

Toshmann the great cool
Black and Proud cheesy
African forever smiley
Naija 4 life wink
Igbo for Blood kiss
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by hannydarl(f): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ Toshman

Good luck bro enjoy your princess I guess to you she is like an elegant gazzel in an african forest smoth like honey and soft spoken like a feather with voice flowing like warm honey help me greet am o wink
I beg I go like come chop una wedding rice o.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by toshmann(m): 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2007
hannydarl:

@ Toshman

Good luck bro enjoy your princess I guess to you she is like an elegant gazzel in an african forest smoth like honey and soft spoken like a feather with voice flowing like warm honey help me greet am o wink
I beg I go like come chop una wedding rice o.

OMG shocked shocked harny u shoulda been my chyking advisor all these yrs. you got the vibes that get the babes. cheesy

in addition, she is my jewel of inestimable value, the single tree that constitutes my romantic forest and the heart and soul of my inner spirituality. she is me and i am her cheesy
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by MsEbz(f): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2007
I'll refrain from losing my mind and getting an early ban and being on of those supposedly typical Black women Sweet T is referring too -_-

So how did you come to this ridiculous conclusion hun? I've never shot anyone nor have I known of any other friends or family members to shoot someone except an older 2nd cousin who shot her husband after he almost beat her to death which I think is a good reason you know saving you life and all. Women just like men are different, you have your good and bad in both genders, races, ethnicities, etc. And I know a handful of white people but I've never known the woman to go out of the way to mend the relationship when it's over. See how you talk is one reason why some black women say eff it when it comes to some black American men, as much crap as some talk or think of us and think they'll find a sweet little gold mine in a white or non-black woman, it's ridiculous and you my dude have issues.

I don't go out of my way to give someone payback when I've broken up with someone for w/e reason EVER, I'm not that type of person, you love the black sisters? No you don't. You don't sound like you love yourself too much.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2007
The poster should have put the thread this way MARRYING MOST BLACK WOMEN ARE BIG RESPONSIBILITY.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by toshmann(m): 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2007
nuzo:

The poster should have put the thread this way MARRYING MOST BLACK WOMEN ARE BIG RESPONSIBILITY.

point of correction. poster shoulda put it this way. . .

MARRYING ME IS A DISASTER b/c i think the poster is sick angry

i aint gonna let nobody run down my sisters like that. is sharon stone better? demi moore? madonna? paris hilton? why should the black woman always be debased? angry i live in cardiff and the worst babes here are not my sisters. when oyibo babe f-cks up, it is okay, but when a sister does similar things all hands are up in the air. let me see the next MODAFOKA who will spit out some sh-t 'bout our babes. idiots angry
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by londoner: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2007
toshmann:

point of correction. poster shoulda put it this way. . .

MARRYING ME IS A DISASTER b/c i think the poster is sick angry

i aint going to let nobody run down my sisters like that. is sharon stone better? demi moore? madonna? paris hilton? why should the black woman always be debased? angry i live in cardiff and the worst babes here are not my sisters. when oyibo babe f-cks up, it is okay, but when a sister does similar things all hands are up in the air. let me see the next MODAFOKA who will spit out some sh-t 'bout our babes. idiots angry

Thankyou so much, my brother. I am beginning to feel so unappreciated as a Black woman and as a Nigerian lady, if not for the fact that I'm of an adult age and grew up around people who expressed their love for the African woman like you do , I dont know if I would have the self esteem I have now.

I dont think your fellow guys realise the damage it does to us, to constantly be told we are unwanted, disliked and unloveable. Go to any Black website, magazine, group of men the same things are said, yet our virtues are treated as if they are non existent. I fear for when I have my own children,what will their own community try and convince them that they are.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by almondjoy(f): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2007
@topic

Yes. I agree. Because they come from cultures where independence and healthy aggression is frowned upon. The man must do everything. The woman must "submit" to the man totally. So we have to learn to enjoy our "responsiblities". You cannot have your cake and "eat" it too.
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by analyt82(f): 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2007
I think a lot of ppl on this post are just going off of what they see in everyday life. That's all anyone can go off of now-a-days. I talked with a lot of ppl and it has shown that ALMOST EVERY man from ALMOST EVERY culture thinks that their women are aggressive, mean spirited, vindictive, vengeful, money grubbers, etc. shocked In essence, that's why they claim that's the reason they go to other ethnic groups and cultures. Every culture, wheather they wan to admit it or not, has had or have a problem with their women. PERIOD. It has been and will always be like this. Sad but true. cry
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by darfur(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2007
analyt82.
gbam. 100% correct cool
Re: Marrying Any Black Woman Is A Big Responsibilty! by ST3V3(m): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2007
Different veiws, and perspectives, however some are misplaced.
We will all have different views,based on the way things are in our various locations, my view is that some black women could be financially dependent, but so it is with some white women, (especially in big cities). But one fact which I CAN DIE TO DEFEND is that black african women, while trying to do a bit of "yangan" make themselves totally unapproachable. Especially those living abroad.
I have dated white & black, and i realise the issue of materialism or finacial depenence is based on the individual's orientation, character & financial status as a whole.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Short Silly Yoruba Statements / Is Juju Real? / Thousands Of Topless Swaziland's Virgins Dance For King To Celebrate Womanhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.