Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo (1517 Views)

2nd Term: Governor Yahaya Bello Relocates To Abuja / I Will Intensify Development During My Second Term - Governor Wike / Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2020
BY, Pa. Ehinmen

I woke up this morning wondering if the PDP is a political party with ideology or a mere gathering of thieves and power grabbers who are only after the money bag, and power? I asked this questions because since the inception of the PDP as a political party in 1999, the party has earned its name among Nigerians as a corrupt organization.

Not surprising why after ruling Nigeria for 16 years, the PDP was unanimously voted out by all Nigerians irrespective of region and ethnicity in 2015.

Since then, the PDP has been trying hard to rebuild their image in other to convince Nigerians that they can live above corruption and deliver good governance once again.

However, the recent political permutations in the PDP has not really shown that they are a party that is ready to change. This is because, since 2015, the PDP has been a dumping ground or better put 'a trash can' for politicians that are either expelled by another party or politicians that could not get the running tickets of another party. Indeed this is a shame.

Recent examples of this fact is the last minutes decamping to the PDP by the likes of Dino Milaye, bukola saraki, Gov. Samuel ortom and a host of others just because they found no favour anymore with the APC. These politicians were allowed to cross to the PDP without any screening or investigation into why they left the APC. They were rather accepted because they were politicians with big names and fat pockets!
Sadly, the recent open arms shown to the embattled governor of Edo state, Gov. Godwin Obaseki by the PDP goes further to proof that the PDP will never change its color.

Given the obvious reasons why Gov. Obaseki was disqualified by the APC, the PDP should not even be thinking of accepting him into their fold so as to avoid future court cases, however, that is not the case. The shameless party is even mauling to make him their flag bearer overnight!

One will therefore wonder, Does the PDP even have dignity? Do they have ideology or even plans for Nigerians? Does the PDP have a manifesto at all?

I specifically asked if the PDP has a manifesto of their own because we all know that governors in Nigeria hardly perform in their second term like they did in their first term. Infact they see their second term as a time to relax and 'reap the fruit of their so called labour'. Then why is the PDP in Edo state accepting a second term governor?
How can a party who want to truly redeem its image after they lost Edo more than 12 years ago settle for a second term governor? This is beyond reasoning and goes to show that the PDP does not care about good governance and does not also respect its members!

I therefore advise the PDP to retrace its step in Edo and face modern political realities that is obtainable in developed climes of the world. The PDP should as a matter of fact start to copy the progressive behavior of the APC if they ever want to redeem their image.

The recent disqualification of Gov. Obaseki by the APC national screening committee is a proof that the APC is a progressive party that is ready to learn from past mistakes in line with the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria.

The PDP in Edo should hurriedly lock the door against Gov. obaseki as a proof that they are ready to be a progressive party rather than a money and power conscious party. If this is not done, then they are driving the last nail into their coffin and Nigerians will continue to reject them at the polls.

Pa. Ehinmen is a writer, nairalander, and member of pastor Osagie ize-Iyamu youth movement from Edo state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Fuckalldmods(f): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2020
Lol
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2020
Mr writer barely 4 years ago Oshiomole told the world that Ize Iyamu cannot be trusted with the finances of Edo state based on his antecedents so my question is what has suddenly changed?. Did he turn saint overnight?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 18, 2020
@MASTERCHIEF0847
I will address your question in my next write up.
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Finnese001: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2020
oga Op you are a chronic liar, which Nigerians unanimously voted this useless gov

4 Likes

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2020
Ehinmen3:
BY, Pa. Ehinmen

I woke up this morning wondering if the PDP is a political party with ideology or a mere gathering of thieves and power grabbers who are only after the money bag, and power? I asked this questions because since the inception of the PDP as a political party in 1999, the party has earned its name among Nigerians as a corrupt organization.

Not surprising why after ruling Nigeria for 16 years, the PDP was unanimously voted out by all Nigerians irrespective of region and ethnicity in 2015.

Since then, the PDP has been trying hard to rebuild their image in other to convince Nigerians that they can live above corruption and deliver good governance once again.

However, the recent political permutations in the PDP has not really shown that they are a party that is ready to change. This is because, since 2015, the PDP has been a dumping ground or better put 'a trash can' for politicians that are either expelled by another party or politicians that could not get the running tickets of another party. Indeed this is a shame.

Recent examples of this fact is the last minutes decamping to the PDP by the likes of Dino Milaye, bukola saraki, Gov. Samuel ortom and a host of others just because they found no favour anymore with the APC. These politicians were allowed to cross to the PDP without any screening or investigation into why they left the APC. They were rather accepted because they were politicians with big names and fat pockets!
Sadly, the recent open arms shown to the embattled governor of Edo state, Gov. Godwin Obaseki by the PDP goes further to proof that the PDP will never change its color.

Given the obvious reasons why Gov. Obaseki was disqualified by the APC, the PDP should not even be thinking of accepting him into their fold so as to avoid future court cases, however, that is not the case. The shameless party is even mauling to make him their flag bearer overnight!

One will therefore wonder, Does the PDP even have dignity? Do they have ideology or even plans for Nigerians? Does the PDP have a manifesto at all?

I specifically asked if the PDP has a manifesto of their own because we all know that governors in Nigeria hardly perform in their second term like they did in their first term. Infact they see their second term as a time to relax and 'reap the fruit of their so called labour'. Then why is the PDP in Edo state accepting a second term governor?
How can a party who want to truly redeem its image after they lost Edo more than 12 years ago settle for a second term governor? This is beyond reasoning and goes to show that the PDP does not care about good governance and does not also respect its members!

I therefore advise the PDP to retrace its step in Edo and face modern political realities that is obtainable in developed climes of the world. The PDP should as a matter of fact start to copy the progressive behavior of the APC if they ever want to redeem their image.

The recent disqualification of Gov. Obaseki by the APC national screening committee is a proof that the APC is a progressive party that is ready to learn from past mistakes in line with the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria.

The PDP in Edo should hurriedly lock the door against Gov. obaseki as a proof that they are ready to be a progressive party rather than a money and power conscious party. If this is not done, then they are driving the last nail into their coffin and Nigerians will continue to reject them at the polls.

Pa. Ehinmen is a writer, nairalander, and member of pastor Osagie ize-Iyamu youth movement from Edo state
Ok please paste another nonsense
It Would been better if obaseki cowered
Please edo are not cowards ,now you know they are far different from that region you are coming from

5 Likes

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:58am On Jun 18, 2020
Ehinmen3:
@MASTERCHIEF0847
Ok i will be expecting.
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Kyase(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Mr writer barely 4 years ago Oshiomole told the world that Ize Iyamu cannot be trusted with the finances of Edo state based on his antecedents so my question is what has suddenly changed?. Did he turn saint overnight?
oga face topic
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Asgard13: 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Yet pdp took

Bauchi zamfara sokoto Benue Oyo from Apc.. and all Apc got from pdp is ekiti and IMO .. both through rigging and bribery

This Apc paid posters Dey always reason with their anus..

Their brain don block...

Tell us another story

Being a slave is choice made by cowards... to escape reality

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Babaibejii: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2020
Ehinmen3:
BY, Pa. Ehinmen

I woke up this morning wondering if the PDP is a political party with ideology or a mere gathering of thieves and power grabbers who are only after the money bag, and power? I asked this questions because since the inception of the PDP as a political party in 1999, the party has earned its name among Nigerians as a corrupt organization.h

Pa Mumu, you sound like an idiot. Wasnt APC a dumping ground too. Even the Ize-Iyamu you now suppport is a political prostitute and thief according to Oshiomhole. Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:09am On Jun 18, 2020
Kyase:
oga face topic
Bush tiv man mind your business. Be concerned with issues of your failed governor.

2 Likes

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Asgard13: 11:11am On Jun 18, 2020
Written by a hungry human for coins... so when the politicians decamp from pdp to Apc ... in 2015 .. it was all good politics

Obaseki leaves Apc it become bad politics

I think Apc are desperately desperate.. and the op is another jobless desperado

Why is it that once Dey decamp fro Apc and join pdp the win...

..... and inec no Dey dia pocket.... even with Apc rigging

Careless

4 Likes

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Kyase(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Bush tiv man mind your business. Be concerned with issues of your failed governor.
pdp governor
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by PIMPAR: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2020
PDP party of crook, looters and criminals
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2020
Kyase:
pdp governor
I'm not a member of any political party so it doesn't matter to me, he is your governor and he served under both parties. Face your failure.
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by saintokwuluora(m): 11:28am On Jun 18, 2020
By constantly mentioning Obaseki and writing about him and PDP, you guys are running a free campaign for your opponents making them even more popular than yourselves. It shows you are afraid of them, very afraid.

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by jasent(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
You dey mind am.

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by dandyspak: 11:46am On Jun 18, 2020
[/color][color=#000000][color=#770077][/color]
Ehinmen3:
BY, Pa. Ehinmen

OP ensure you have the accurate information at your disposal before posting any article at a public forum. for the records, in 2015, Orton decamped from PDP to APC few days to primary election. Thats how Nigeria political space works; it more about interest of individuals rather than party idealogy. Be matured when you post something I carry God name beg you. No come dey fall your hand for here biko

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by jasent(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2020
Ehinmen3:
@MASTERCHIEF0847

No,answer the question here and now,we want to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2020
jasent:
No,answer the question here and now,we want to know.
As a supporter of Ize Iyamu i expected him to have a ready made answer to a simple question like that. Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by jasent(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

As a supporter of Ize Iyamu i expected him to have a ready made answer to a simple question like that. Nigeria
They have nothing upstairs. They disqualified Abaseki and still they are afraid of him joining other party..clearly they have seen their defeat boldly written on the wall..In fact, they have helped Abaseki to become more popular. Right now in Benin Obaseki is a movement.

2 Likes

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
jasent:
They have nothing upstairs. They disqualified Abaseki and still they are afraid of him joining other party..clearly the have seen there defeat clearly written on the wall..In fact, they have helped Abaseki to become more popular. Right now in Benin Obaseki is a movement.
Don't mind these clowns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Osuman(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
Look at what this one is writing? A pay writer. Yes, that is what I called whoever wrote that article.
How on earth will one call APC a party with dignity and that the APC are playing modern days politics. What a shame.
We all know the scenario that brought that guy to power at first.
The question should have been, why did APC allow him to become governor, with all those discrepancies in his credentials.

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ehinmen3:
BY, Pa. Ehinmen

Even if you're paid to write, what's worth doing at all, is worth doing well!!!

You just write without thinking

Anyways Osagie Ize-Iyamu was classified as a thief by your revered APC in person of Oshiomole. So because he's in APC, he's now a saints

So which means APC is also gathering thieves, power grabbers and money bags

It's then safe to say the once ruling party and the current ruling party are very similar

But let's seek people's opinion,

If you think that PDP's 16years is far better that APC'S 5 years

Please hit like, otherwise hit share!!!

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Ayed44: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ehinmen3:
BY, Pa. Ehinmen

This guy has been wailing on behalf of Pastor Ize-Iyamu since yesterday...

You said Obaseki is not good and have successfully forced him out of your APC and yet you would not stop wailing about same bad Obaseki and PDP.

Please save ur tears for tomorrow, because tomorrow is the day the court would nail the coffin of Ize-Iyamu's worthless ambitions. Ize- Iyamu has not properly joined APC and he is dreaming to clinch the party's guber ticket.
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Kyase(m): 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

I'm not a member of any political party so it doesn't matter to me, he is your governor and he served under both parties. Face your failure.
He knew Apc wont renew hhis second term ambition so he jumped to the party that endorse failure .....

Im not also a member of any political party too
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kyase:
He knew Apc wont renew hhis second term ambition so he jumped to the party that endorse failure .....

Im not also a member of any political party too
APC and PDP are siamese twins.
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Kyase(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

APC and PDP are siamese twins.
now you are talking
but one is wicked while other is evil
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kyase:
now you are talking but one is wicked while other is evil
Both are demonic.
Re: Accepting A Second Term Governor; A Final Nail To Pdp Coffin In Edo by Kyase(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Both are demonic.
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who In Nigeria Fits Into The Ideal Presidential Personality We Need In 2023? / Endsars : Group Drags Femi Falana To ICC / Igbo Presidency Will Unite Nigeria And Bring The Needed Peace, Says NUF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.