Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin (59056 Views)

Man Who Trekked For Buhari In 2015, Now Trekking With APC Coffin / Facts Why Omisore Will Never Support Adeleke And PDP. / Man Who Trekked For Buhari Visits PDP Headquarters With 'Rip APC Coffin' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by ochejoseph(m): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
What Omisore Said and what It means for Adeleke Tomorrow

The last time i met Omisore was in the lead up to re election of a governor from the North, he had come to show support to a colleague he had known for many years . One thing that has defined the political career of the former Deputy Governor of Osun state is his persistent decision to always stand with the oppressed. A proper X- ray his statement released earlier today shows that nothing has changed. An extract of the statement is presented below:

Omisore firmly states that he will never renege on his promise of good governance, accountability and human dignity in Osun state.”

“I am telling my people that they should go with any political party that believes in what we in the SDP stand for: good governance, social justice and accountability. I have already detailed how we planned to restore Osun to the path of good governance through the five thematic pillars in the manifesto I shared during the electioneering. I will not negotiate for personal gains and abandon my people.

"My alliance is with the people of Osun state irrespective of the political party they belong. I want my people to be treated with the dignity they deserve. I desire that they have a government that will be accountable to them. I want them to experience the good governance the founding fathers of this state envisaged.

Source : http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/26/

The Five Major Things Omisore Wants For his People In Osun

ACCOUNTABILITY

The Outgoing government of Osun state is one of the most unaccountable in the History of Nigeria. Although domiciled in Osun the government of the state of Osun as it wants to be called, throughout its lifetime was only answerable to the “Lord” of Bourdilon and never to the good people of Osun it was meant to serve.

On the 6th of January 2018, Omisore said “Osun government remains unaccountable for the Paris Club refund, yet it has the audacity to present a budget it can neither fund nor execute.The examination of the feasibility and credibility of public sector budgets is a matter for everyone, in which the current Osun state budget not only an indication of incompetence and bankruptcy, but also reflects absolute lack of knowledge of public financing and appropriations process.

“It remains very sad that after almost 8 years of the Rauf Aregbesola-led APC government in the state, its leadership still whines in its incompetent game of blaming previous administration, a glaring sign of its inability to respond to the budget issues raised”,Omisore stressed.

Source:
http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/06/aregbesola-made-osun-poorer-n416bn%E2%80%8E-omisore/amp/

When it comes to ACCOUNTABILITY it appears Omisore has already told his People to Vote Adeleke and PDP

GOOD GOVERNANCE

According to Wikipedia, good governance is an indeterminate term used in the international development literature to describe how public institutions conduct public affairs and manage public resources. Under APC, Osun state became the poster child for bad governance and misplaced priorities. A citadel of white elephant projects despite over 500 Billion in Debt.
This is what Omisore has to say about APC when it comes to GOOD GOVERNANCE[b] " My ultimate ambition for seeking to govern the state is predicated on the determination to set the state free from the economic bondage and bad governance foisted on the state by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Source:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/ambition-set-osun-free-bondage-bad-governance-omisore-replies-apc/amp/

HUMAN DIGNITY

When you ask a Nigerian to name two state where the peoples suffering is palpable despite huge allocations, Osun will likely be on their lips , it is a state where PhD holders and university professors have resorted begging to mark WAEC scripts just to feed their families owing to the nonpayment of salaries for years.
The story of a mother of six aptly describes the pitiable condition and the hardship the people are currently living under. This mother went to a market far from her area, to buy foodstuffs, and she had to give one of her children in exchange. Unknown to the seller, the family had been starving for days before this woman took this decision to save her remaining children from hunger. Thanks to overloaded contract sums for White elephant projects.

Source: https://www.naija.ng/amp/882534-aregbesola-may-soon-stoned-people.html

I Will Not Negotiate for Personal Gains

The decision of Dr Omisore not to negotiate with APC for personal gains despite being offered Immunity from EFCC, ministerial slot and or Senatorial ticket underscores his disdain for the havoc APC wrecked on Osun for 8 years.

Many in Osun think the battle against those who foisted hunger on the people is already won but that will be a huge mistake!!! A leprous finger from your tormentors tomorrow can alter the table and foist modulated salaries on you for another 4 years so tell everyone who needs to vote to go out and ensure that light prevailed over darkness.

The Decision before the people of Osun tomorrow and the voters in the remaining polling units where elections will take place is between

1. Unpaid salaries of the APC and the prompt payment of Salaries

2. A choice between a party that is known for massive job creation and a party that promised 3 million jobs annually but ended up sending over 4 Million Nigerians to the unemployment market in a single year.

3. The decision the voters will make tomorrow is between a party that promised innocent children school feeding with nothing on their plates after 3.5 years and a party that built 12 universities in 2 years which today admits thousand of admission seekers and employ thousands of graduates including the returning officer of Saturdays election.

Omisore has told his people what to do it’s up to them to complete the good work they started on Saturday!

May God the maker of Heaven and Earth, help the good People of Osun to help themselves!

May God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

“The tenure of human positions, no matter how highly exalted will eventually come to an end. Only Gods tenure is eternal”

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by saaron(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
Adeleke is Osun's people choice.

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by madone: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
The part where he talk about the founding fathers of the state. Makes me to remember Bola Ige
He his soul rest in peace.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by KikBuhari2Daura: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2018
Do younknow anybody voting tomorrow ?

If you do let them know that the destinies of millions of people rest on his or her vote . its either PDP or another 4 years of unfulfilled promises and modulated salaries.

May the people's choices prevail

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Buterflyle0: 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
Lmao this OP is out of touch with reality.

Breaking news. omisore has settled for APC.

Update yaself

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by KikBuhari2Daura: 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Update yaself

Console yourself with fake News

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Update yaself
I laff you grin Tinubu is back to Lagos so calm down

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Buterflyle0: 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
KikBuhari2Daura:

Console yourself with fake News

Don't worry I am about entering Osun now. I have been on the road heading to Osun and when I enter , una go see if Its fake news or not.

RIP to PDP in advance ooo cheesy

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by KikBuhari2Daura: 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Don't worry I am about entering Osun now. I have been on the road heading to Osun and when I enter , una go see if Its fake news or not.

Make sure you carry handkerchief for Aregbe tears

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by wolesmile(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
Abeg.... Who is fooling who?

Is Omisore the majority? If his constituency, Ife, believes in him because they want someone from Ife to occupy the state house, does that mean they must follow whoever he is supporting after being defeated in the general election?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by kolnel: 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
lol
Omisore the beautiful bride
I Hope this serves as a lesson to apc
And the truth is pdp is not a good alternative to apc
I’m sure apc will win tomorrow
Pdp can try again next 4 years

11 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by yjgm(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
Permutations ahead if the D-day.
Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Viking007(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
I thought they said he has aligned with APC?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by In2systemsTech(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
Omisore is not the people... anything can happen

looking for cheap brand new phone? check my signature
Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Lolz, this guy has crawled out again. I could remember all his epistles during GEJ/BUHARI power tussle. Na after the election you and temitemi GEJ until 2019 crooner disappeared from radal , reading as anonymous. The man said he will support APC so whats the problem. The only thing PDP supposed to do is mobilize his people to vote her candidate tomorrow and monitor the results, by then, luck can smile on them. Let the peoples choice prevail.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by bedspread: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
I don't see APC winning Even IF Messi and C. Ronaldo endorses them

Anyway Its Tomorrow...

We watching to see who wins

5 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Roughfyzay(m): 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Fellow Osun state indigenes we have fought Saturday's battle and prevailed but sadly the opposing forces are at it again. But do not waver for we shall crush them in the battle to come.
Gather your weapons which is your PVC and let's vote out this government together!
#TinubuOuttaOsun
#NoToHalfSalary
#ImoleDe

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Racoon(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
My own take is that Osun People should decide their fate with sound sense of judgement.It only happens once every four years.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by NothingDoMe: 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
I missed your writeups OcheJoseph. Hope you won't go into hibernation again.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Naijaguy12345(m): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
embarassed
Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
this your writeup has been over-run by new events. omisore has switch support to the devilish party

2 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by ZeeBaba17(m): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
intrigue.....Intrigue.. . .Intrigue Tomorrow is the d-day and everybody will know, but just know that Politicians are all about their pocket and nothing else!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by bixton(m): 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
Imagine..........
Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by datola: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
ok
Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
undecided

Omisore has agreed to work with APC, so this article is no more valid.

10 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by sacramento1212: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
Viking007:
I thought they said he has aligned with APC?
Propaganda. Omisore or no Omisore, the people in those LGA in Osun state have the final say. What everyone should be more concerned about is credibility of the re-run. I rest my case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
Omisore wey done port go APC, you are lagging behind OP.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by Misterdhee1(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
sacramento1212:

Propaganda. Omisore or no Omisore, the people in those LGA in Osun state have the final say. What everyone should be more concerned about is credibility of the re-run. I rest my case.
U call am propaganda and u still say omisore or no omisore. U sure say u dey sleep well at night so?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by opius: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
My good people of Nairaland let's do it again . our voices is the voice of God
Like for PDP and share for APC.
Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by otunde527: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
I believe omisore had major role to play

Get your rmb with us @ 48/rmb
Re: Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin by NothingDoMe: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Buterflyle0:

always on the road. From Boston to Ekiti to Osun. Lol. Take am easy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Buys Python To Celebrate Buhari's "2019 Failure" After His Declaration / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Arthur Eze Hosts Peter Obi At His Enugu Residence (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.