Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks (13478 Views)

Lekki #endsars Protesters Reject The 24hrs Curfew By Gov. Sanwo-olu In Lagos / Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks / Gov Sanwo-Olu Denies Rumour Of Curfew In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Kwanza: 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
Osun: Oyetola extends relaxation of curfew by 2 weeks

‘We'll shut erring churches, mosques, markets, motor parks.'

Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of the State of Osun, has extended the relaxation of curfew imposed to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the State by another two weeks,
effective from Friday, June 19.

This follows the expiration of the initial two-week relaxation ordered by the Governor on June 5.Following the relaxation two weeks ago, curfew now runs from 9 p.m to 5 a.m daily.

Oyetola made the announcement in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Ismail Omipidan on Thursday in Osogbo, the State capital.

He, however, expressed displeasure at the level of compliance with some of the relaxation guidelines, especially the wearing of face masks in public places.

The governor, therefore, warned that worship centres and markets that fail to adhere to the guidelines would be shut down by the State government.

"COVID-19 is real and Osun is not out of the woods yet. We have noticed that many of our citizens are brazenly flouting the safety guidelines put in place to curb the spread of virus in the State.

"The government will not fold its hands while a few people jeopardise the mileage we have recorded so far in this fight. It is not yet uhuru and strict enforcement will commence immediately. Any worship centre,

market or motor park where people do not wear face mask or maintain social distancing will be shut down," the governor said.

He also reminded the citizens that the ban on inter-state travels remains in force, noting that any motor park that fails to comply with the directive will be shut down as well.

https://twitter.com/StateofOsun/status/1273642204607676416?s=19

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by BrandAlliances: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by bazzyblings: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
grin
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Baloranking(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
Staying indoors can cause depression for people not used to it undecided

Just saying.

People that will quote me ask yourselves with this lockdown cases are still increasing.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by zealousayo(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
Good
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by edoairways: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by crackhouse(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nice
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by oluwamile(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
.makes sense
But it would have been better if all states in the country can observe the extension together,Cox the number of cases am hearing in Lagos alone,it's more than a comeback oh��
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by holuwajobar(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
holuwajobar:
Everything is gradually becoming like how it started.... Despite the fact that these Corona cases kept on increasing, the government was planning to open churches and schools, but the moment a politician dies of covid-19 , Senator Osinowo, they began to change their decision..

My point is , they don't have the masses in mind, they only care about their own...

Same thing I said

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Badonasty(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
Stay safe
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by TwentyOnePilots(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
"He also reminded the citizens that the ban on inter-state travels remains in force, noting that any motor park that fails to comply with the directive will be shut down as well."

This is a huge joke! Even when the lockdown is in total effect, inter-state travels were still much carried out by some motor parks and they were never shut down. They should learn how to "TalkandDo" undecided

2 Likes

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by ojun50(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Halogenabdul(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
CoronaScam Virus you mean.

1 Like

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Halogenabdul(m): 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
ok
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by realstars: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
I Hope When You Resume, The Number Will Not Explode The Corona Counting Machine?
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Joefat: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
That's what I heard when I was chatting with a friend who resided in Osun State this morning.
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Vatod(m): 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
Virus!!!!
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Anneka101(f): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
Lockdown without stimulus package naso their mates for other countries dey do am.

Punishing people in the name of lockdown.

Bulk sales of Luminous inverter and luminous battery 220AH Tubular.
Battery; SOLAR PANEL 150WATTS
SOLAR PANEL 250WATTS 24V

090 5042 9481

And Installation. Check my profile and contact me.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by paulolee(m): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
dts bad...am i the only one that dont know if i believe if the covid pandemic is a scam or not..
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by Triangles1(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
I know some people will come for my head now, I'm a lagosian currently in Abuja, the two places n capital have the highest number of Covid-19 patient.

I'm yet to see a single Covid-19 patient out of thousands mention by this scammer government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by 2BONE: 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
there maybe tougher days ahead. let's brace up, we can't live forever or contend with mother nature
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by DenreleDave(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
Covid sef don tire
Re: Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks by oyeb15: 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
With all their useless lockdown, are they better now than states that never lockdown. Oyo,Ondo and Kogi.
Our leaders need to first go for like 10years schooling on governance abroad b4 assuming position of authority. They are lacking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ISWAP Attacks Biu In Southern Borno / INEC To Announce Adamawa Guber Results On Thursday - Vanguard / "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.