Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) (61034 Views)

Fred The Godson Dies Of Coronavirus Disease At 35 Years / Allison Akene Ayida Is Dead! Maje Ayida's Father Dies At 88 / Banky W Helps His Uber Driver Who Has Parkinson Disease (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lord of the Rings star Sir Ian Holm has died aged 88 following a battle with Parkinson's disease.

The award-winning actor passed away in hospital surrounded by his family and was remembered as 'charming, kind and ferociously talented'.

He leaves behind his wife, Sophie de Stempel, and five children from his previous marriages.

Sir Ian famously played Bilbo Baggins in the hit trilogy and revived the role for the later Hobbit film series.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8439945/Lord-Rings-star-Sir-Ian-Holm-dies-aged-88-battle-Parkinsons-disease.html?ito=social-facebook

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Sir Ian Holm and his wife Sophie de Stempel attend the Newport Beach Film Festival in January this year

Born in Essex in 1931, his career thrived both on screen and on stage, where he memorably played King Lear, for which he won the 1998 Olivier Award for best actor.

He was also nominated for an Oscar for his performance in the 1981 movie, Chariots of Fire.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8439945/Lord-Rings-star-Sir-Ian-Holm-dies-aged-88-battle-Parkinsons-disease.html?ito=social-facebook

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chaiiii

Dear lord, please take the Senator representing my constituency and Return Paapa Hobbit Baggins..

262 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Ligxy(f): 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Wow! RIP to him. So many celebrities died this year... May their souls rest in peace. Amen

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by beylinko02: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Explorer.. I see you

The man died at a good old age impacting his generation. Rest in peace sir hobbit!

Between, the Lord of the Rings and the hobbit remains one of my favourite movies. I have watched and rewatch..

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Vyzz: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
grin

Lord of the rings.....

R I P papa.....

U were the salt of the world

14 Likes

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
He aged gracefully. embarassed

17 Likes

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Untainted007: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
This Parkinson's disease has been the major challenges of old age most especially the white. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
For a second, my mind crossed martin freeman!
Good old age. R.I.P to him.

2 Likes

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by mcemmy0z: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
“SORRY, I DON’T WANT ANY ADVENTURES, THANK YOU. NOT TODAY. GOOD MORNING!”.....Bilbo Baggins

Rip

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
May his soul find eternal rest Amen.
This movie remains one of the greatest movies of all time.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by tillaman(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
sad
Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by oz4real83(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
He was so selfish in the Lord of the rings that he refused to even get married. Only Frodo was allowed to come a little close. "Bilbo, the ring is still in your pocket" grin grin grin. What a wonderful actor grin. May his soul find rest.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rest in peace friend.

Nairalanders, This guy use to be my very close frnd back then in the early 1900s.....

Back then in 1910s, when we will you Bibolo, u get angry with us. U pursue us.... Even ur mum will be laughing seeing u get angry that we call u Bibolo...

U are a great frnd.. Do u remember when we fought dinosaurs, when u use that ring to bring fire from heaven...

Chai Bibolo, I go miss you...

Me never die sha, I Don drink immortality portion....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Opperwezen(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nothing beats spending the greatest part of your life doing the thing you love the most.

A life well lived, Rest on Sire!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Iceyjayz: 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
He died at a ripe age, may his soul find peace, Amen!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by nickvanilla(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rip man.
Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by ValCon888: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
This man died at the ripe old age of 88. Meanwhile the Queen that knighted him is still rocking life at 94. Sleeping on the same bed with her husband who's 99.

These Brits sure know how to take care of their Royalty.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by offset67(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Am I the only one who haven't watched this movie

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by saaron(m): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite movies. I'm never tired of watching it over and over again.
ONE NIGERIA DOES NOT EXIST!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by MichaelBukamzy(m): 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Explores on the beat..so therefore it's a banger!!! Snake or snake dis one go enta promise land

2 Likes

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by flokii: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
One generation goes, another comes.. such is life.

RIP to a great actor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by ZiriMane(m): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
With Chariots of Fire and Lord of the rings you proved beyond doubt that you were a great actor both On-stage and On-screen.
“The elements are big, and the human voice is very small.” you made yours loud by making others happy.

Rest on Sir, 2020 is just too 'some how'.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Lolosticlolo(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
ZiriMane:
o
Q for queen!
Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
You will be remembered Bilbo.
Eternal rest to you now.

2 Likes

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by enomakos(m): 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rest in peace sir Ian
Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by TheSTreetman: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rest in Peace sir.. Martin Freeman did a good job in replacing you by acting Hobbits ; The unexpected Journey. (Trilogy)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by verifiablefacts: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
offset67:
Am I the only one who haven't watched this movie
yes,and better go watch

7 Likes

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by Prymestrr(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
Farewell jolly good fella...you blessed the world with your talent sire cry

2 Likes

Re: Hobbit Bilbo Baggins Dies Of Parkinson's Disease At 88 (Photos) by AmazingMOG: 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
All time best movie.

Still watching it till day specially part two the twin tower

God bless Aragon

God bless gandaf

God bless all the elfves

Go bless Sam wise Gangi

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Has Not Stopped Smiling After Whitening His Teeth (Video) / Adokiye Kyrian: "I Can Lose My Virginity To Davido" / My N50 Million Donation Has Been Added – Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.