Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Messi Fined For Wishing His Mother A Happy Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Messi Fined For Wishing His Mother A Happy Birthday (668 Views)

That Moment When Ghanaians Are Wishing Buhari Was Their President / Emir Sanusi Kneels To Greet His Mother (photo) / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Messi Fined For Wishing His Mother A Happy Birthday by Kennyblues(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2011
Once Lionel Messi converted his penalty in Barcelona's 3-0 win over Racing Santander on Saturday, he pulled up his shirt to reveal a message scrawled across his undershirt. It wished his mami a happy birthday for all the cameras to see. A nice gesture from a grateful child to the woman who carried him around inside her body for nine months before enduring labor and allowing the world to be graced with his abilities, but also one that the killjoys at the Spanish football federation felt compelled to punish because of their strict rules against shirt messages.

From Reuters:

The referee did not book the Argentine forward for the celebration but mentioned the action in his match report.

The federation's disciplinary committee punished Messi under their article 91.1 for goal celebrations, which carries a fine of between 2000 and 3000 euros, and awarded him a yellow card.

To someone who makes as much as Messi does, a fine of a couple thousand euros is hardly worth caring about and probably something he knew would happen before doing it. Still, that money could have gone to more Legos.

Re: Messi Fined For Wishing His Mother A Happy Birthday by SHEAU(m): 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
to his mum? dats bday gift! that penalty gift is too small grin

(1) (Reply)

When Will Sub Saharan Africans Uprising Start? / I Hate All Nigerians Including Myself,i Hate Me For Being A Nigeria / Election Violence Breaks Out -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.