Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

The Break Of The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Break Of The Nation (857 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi And The Break Up Of Nigeria / Pic: Yorubas Meet In Sweden To Deliberate The Break Away Of Odua States From Nig / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Break Of The Nation by AbuSafwan(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2011
THE BREAK OF THE NATION
By
Salim I. Hassan (Salimullah)
Education Department, BUK.
salimanology@yahoo.com

Hints For Notice
The only tie that keeps the political unity of diverse people of Nigeria is PDP’s zoning policy, and now it was recently put to an end. This means a total disintegration of Nigerian geo-political unity. The zoning policy is neither in the interest of Southerners nor in the interest of the Northerners, but that of the PDP’s elders both from the North and South to keep their personal ambitions alive. Yet, it means a lot to both of them. The more intelligent one side is the more he knows how to exploit the opportunity. It seems to me Obasanjo is the winner coz he knows better how to exploit the opportunity. Since the beginning of democracy era in Nigeria, the Southerners ruled more than the Northerners. Even when the Northerners’ turn came, they were deprived by the Southerners not by the use of force but by smart and strategic political brilliance and prudence put forward by Obasanjo.

What Went Wrong?
The zoning policy had been facilitated by PDP in consonance with both the Southern and Northern elders of the party, both driven by vested-interest. The Southern elders cautiously work both for their personal benefit and for that of their people in their distinct geo-political zone; while Northern elders worked only for their personal benefit. However their personal target has fallen. The policy shows the Northerners’ generosity to grant the minority their rights in leadership as opposed to democratic notion of ‘Majority Rules’ despite of the hidden agenda by the Northern facilitators. How I wish that the hidden agenda was meant for the interest of Northern patriotisms. Alas! It is for their personal interest. Through this policy agreed upon by the PDP elders, the democracy began to usher in Nigeria, given the Southerners the first turn, beginning in 1999. The reading error by Northern elders of PDP in the phase of the zoning policy is that they confined all their hidden agenda on how to achieved their personal future ambition; while the Southerners widen their hidden agenda on how to secure the future well-being of their people in general and make them the potentially perpetual Nigerian Leaders in the future. Obasanjo’s failed third tenure aspiration and assigning the age-old Yar’adua to take over are typical examples of Southerners attempt to deprive the Northerners of their right to rule Nigeria in sooner or later future. This is a point not clearly understood by until now.

Obasanjo, who was lucky to be the first beneficiary of zoning policy, had tried to betray the agreement by earnestly seeking for third term tenure, but only God forbids. On realizing this, he resorted to alternate political strategy and assigned the age-old ‘sick person’ of the North, whose last breath had been presaged to exceed not his office tenure, to take over the presidency, meaning the presidency would must have automatically return to the Southerners, and indeed did it so and it exactly happened. Don’t take what Obasanjo did just for granted; it is a deliberate scheme and all-purposeful agenda.

On the demise of the Northerner (may Allah bless him), the Southerner acting as VP automatically took over. His main mission is to continue from whence Obasanjo had stopped – to dismantle the zoning policy and monopolize the leadership and power, leaving the Northerners dying for their lust and hunger of power. Painful as it might be to admit, our representative elders in PDP have been deceived from behind the scene, and yet they must be blamed for any falling future that may likely to affect the Northerners.

The Possible Implication
Now G. Jonathan put to an end the only tie for Nigerians’ political unity. The impending implication would divide the Nigerian politics and democracy not only on geo-political basis but also on religio-political one. It is clear to all now that politics and election started to be preached in mosques and churches. Hence, the Christians are urged to vote for Christian candidate from the South and Muslims are urged to vote Muslim candidate from the north. Despite of the religious outlook now appeared in the politics one cannot describe it wholly as either religious or tribalistic; but it is a combination of both – one half masked in tribalism and the other half masked in religionism. Nigeria will inevitably come to stall as a single multi-ethno-religious political entity; hence the beginning of bitter political and religious conflict – a prelude to an imminent Civil War. This will, in the near future, evolve to geopolitical disintegration of our beloved ‘Motherland’ Nigeria. If the emerging demarcation between Northerners and Southerners or Muslims and Christians persists in our politics, without any prior consensus on basic rights and limitations of each, the result will be disastrous. It is not my wish to admit, but a matter of necessity.

The Possible Way-out
I therefore, opine that only military take-over will prevent any imminent political disaster that may likely to affect this nation. As the politics and election now being divided on the basis of religionism, tribalism, regionalism – both the South (Christians) and the North (Muslims) determine to fight back in case of losing the chance – what would be the end? Disastrous! I guessed. The military should now intervene and save the union of this nation. Let them imprison and encage mysterious situation created by this irrational, thoughtless, un-intelligent, unscrupulous and unpatriotic democrats whose ideas and thought can be best described as “Thought of the Thoughtless”. Let the military officers takeover the government; only to return it to the democrats when all thing are set aright in the state.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by KnowAll(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
Let the military officers takeover the government; only to return it to the democrats when all thing are set aright in the state.

Anybody that preaches militarism in this day and age belongs to a pre-historic museum. That “person” oh I mean that specie I better use the correct nomenclature should be confined to a laboratory cupboard and frozen to about -1000oC .

Such utterance surprisingly coming from a supposedly erudite Northerner is not only delinquent in nature but smacks of the military radicalism proffered by the Nzeogwu’s of this world.Could it be the North is 44 years behind the South.

Re: The Break Of The Nation by T9ksy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hell, no more military intervention in our political affairs. This was what got us to this despicable quandary in the first place..

Posted by: Abu-Safwan  Today at 03:07:13 PM

The military should now intervene and save the union of this nation.

Save what Union? Does this nation come across as being united, to you?
How many deaths have been recordded as a result of regional differences?
what's there to save? If you guys wants the military in your enclave, no problem.
The rest of us have had enough of those Zombies.
Let them just stay in the barracks we built for them and protect us from external aggressors.
But to intervene in our political arena again? Hell no!!!

Forget about this forced union jo.
Let's just agree to go our seperate ways.
we have not been able to come together in a century of co-existence.
So what's there to save? another circle of ethnic killings?
don't you guys ever get tired of spilling innocent blood.

This union is not working.
It hasn't worked since its inception.
And it will never work. . .  not in a year of sundays or fridays.
so why the obsession with saving a failed union?
Re: The Break Of The Nation by homerac7: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2011
Clear display of senselessness at its prime. I must clap for d writer for his excellent ability to express foolishness. I'm more ashamed dt it came from a supposed intellectual from an ivory tower. D guy would hav been wiser if he'd just shut up and not tell a foolish tale from ethno-religious biased view. D whole essay lacks objectivity n reels of sentiments.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by chosen04(f): 5:34pm On Jan 27, 2011
Disappointment is an understatement. This writer really goofed.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by archive(f): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2011
no
Re: The Break Of The Nation by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
Just because the north is not ruling a northener wants a break up, malu! Throw your certificates into a fire, you wasted your time in school.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by T9ksy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2011
spyder880:

Just because the north is not ruling a northener wants a break up, malu! Throw your certificates into a fire, you wasted your time in school.

I believe the Op is not asking for a break-up, rather he's agitating for another military rule preferably from the north.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by ShangoThor(m): 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2011
Reality is a bit@#ch! because it is divine intervention (an act of God), alone that disturbed a non constituional
zoning arrangement, revealed it as unworkable and installed a minority in the office of President.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Kilode1: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Jarus, can you send Salim Hassan an e-mail and ask him to come on Nairaland to defend his thoughts and analysis?

He might say no and he might oblige us, assure him it will be well moderated. cheesy cool
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Mcleo007(m): 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
I'm one person who believes the North has always been Nigeria's problem and not even corruption. Was it not in IBB's time that corruption got theorised and was even more at its prime? How can zoning be a way out to economic development in modern times? Where then do we place true federalism,that allows for anyone to vote and be voted for not minding the individual's regional,religious or ethnic divide. And if I may ask,when did PDP come up with its zoning policy? Was it before 1999, or after? This is because,our memories are still fresh to Atiku's disloyal attempt to vie for president in 2003. Same was IBB, Buhari and the others, meanwhile Obj was still eligible for a 2nd term.
Please,spare us this zoning or unity crap. Other zones are better off without the north. The most brilliant minds in the country's history are from the south,except Sanusi of recent. North my foot,bunch of retards!
Re: The Break Of The Nation by ShangoThor(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2011
Mcleo007:

I'm one person who believes the North has always been Nigeria's problem and not even corruption. Was it not in IBB's time that corruption got theorised and was even more at its prime? How can zoning be a way out to economic development in modern times? Where then do we place true federalism,that allows for anyone to vote and be voted for not minding the individual's regional,religious or ethnic divide. And if I may ask,when did PDP come up with its zoning policy? Was it before 1999, or after? This is because,our memories are still fresh to Atiku's disloyal attempt to vie for president in 2003. Same was IBB, Buhari and the others, meanwhile Obj was still eligible for a 2nd term.
Please,spare us this zoning or unity crap. Other zones are better off without the north. The most brilliant minds in the country's history are from the south,except Sanusi of recent. North my foot,bunch of retards!

[size=14pt]@ bold - Absolutely blunt and bang on the money! Intelligent Nigerians have lost confidence in the system and we are sick and tired of the crap[/size]
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Onlytruth(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
I dey laugh o! grin grin

Chei!
So power de sweet like dis?

So if these Northerners were Easterners who never tasted power for 40 years until Jonathan showed up, this country would have LONG disintegrated?

I hope our people are learning now!

Power MUST NEVER return to the North!
Re: The Break Of The Nation by ShangoThor(m): 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
Onlytruth:

I dey laugh o! grin grin

Chei!

So if these Northerners were Easterners who never tasted power for 40 years until Jonathan showed up, this country would have LONG disintegrated?

[size=14pt]@ bold, exactly, but the South have got to be prepared - we have to join forces and form an alliance![/size]
Re: The Break Of The Nation by ChinenyeN(m): 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
This is not a union. This is an amalgamation. Aside from that, hasn't Nigeria been through enough of Military Rule already (that's essentially what you're implying)?
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Beaf: 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
Everyone is happy to be rid of a [size=14pt]parasite infection[/size]. If they want trouble, let them bring it on and see.
39 years of ruling only produced 10 million almajiri's and a useless economy. Fvk them.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Beaf: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2011
It isn't a surprise that the author is from Bayero University.

That place is a very fearful place to visit indeed, with streets named after Gaddafi and various other extreme leaders. Its inhabitants examine you in the scornful way they would a cockroach, because you simply do not belong; they view you as a scab on their desire for the stone age.

Its like Afghanistan, Yemen or Pakistan, all rolled up in a Nigerian university.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Rhino5dm: 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2011
Beaf:

That place is a very fearful place to visit indeed, with street named after Gaddafi, and various other extreme leaders. Its inhabitants examine you in the scornful way they would a cockroach, because you simply do not belong; they view you as a scab on their desire for the stone age.

Its like Afghanistan, Yemen or Pakistan, all rolled up in a Nigerian university.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

That must be from pages of internet. lol.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Obiagu1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
I thought I could get vital information from here.

When are they going to break up the country please? Date needed.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Beaf: 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

That must be from pages of internet. lol.

No, I'm serious. I'm telling you of my experiences with that uni. It is a very scary place like Pakistan, most unlike say, Ahmadu Bello.
Re: The Break Of The Nation by Mcleo007(m): 4:04am On Jan 28, 2011
Beaf:

That place is a very fearful place to visit indeed, with streets named after Gaddafi and various other extreme leaders. Its inhabitants examine you in the scornful way they would a cockroach, because you simply do not belong; they view you as a scab on their desire for the stone age.

It only goes to show you how awful those people are. Their thought-system is out of this modern world,like they're living in the pre-historic time.

Onlytruth:

I dey laugh o! grin grin

Chei!

Nice comment you have their! THeir disdain for the south is their major undoing. POWER MUST NEVER RETURN TO THE NORTH!

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo,babangida At Okuku For Oyinola's Birthday / Enugu Guber: Chime Knows Fate Tomorrow / Nigerian Reserve Manager "gej" Spend 107 Billion Naira To Secure Northen Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.