Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) (26491 Views)

APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Delta State PDP Gubernatorial Primary: Live Update / Lagos APC Primary: Live Updates, Results And Situation Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by Peacecoy19: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2020
fujirice:
Lol
You would be surprised when the results will be released.
You will be seeing things like:
Ize-Iyamu - 2,829,527

Philip shuaibu - 2,815.

grin grin grin grin

How this few people that come out will amount to 2 million will shock all of you when the results will be released.

I hope they disappoint me though
Read post brother,batch voting is being used because of Corona. You will not see long quenue.or large crowd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by ogunsj: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:

They don't have to be at the same place at a time. In trying to support your party, try to have sense. Can't they come in batches, vote and go? You people sef. You drop you ability to think just to support a party for peanuts.

Note: I work for the Lagos state government which is an APC government. I have seen APC in and out. So quit mentioning me
in indirect elections, where do people vote in batches and go? do you count their votes behind them? you are only trying to justify what is not feasible just because of your biases. anyway, it doesn't change anything.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by agabusta: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:

They don't have to be at the same place at a time. In trying to support your party, try to have sense. Can't they come in batches, vote and go? You people sef. You drop you ability to think just to support a party for peanuts.

Note: I work for the Lagos state government which is an APC government. I have seen APC in and out. So quit mentioning me

Come and go in delegate primary election in an open field where there is usually massive buying of votes? It is you that should engage the brain God has given you. What concerns me with who you work for?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by WaterDesign(m): 11:27am On Jun 22, 2020
UI/UX DESIGN TRAINING
Attend one-month intensive training on how to use Adobe XD and Figma.

Training Fee: N29,999

For more info Call/ WhatsApp: 0814-510-3505

Powered by Creative Dept Academy.
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by Dansuqi: 11:29am On Jun 22, 2020
ojbaba95:

No oooo, Obasek has made every where mega city like we were told .Come down to Igueben and see "sumtin". Na so so MOU we dey sign for Osadebe House. Audio project every where

Are you ishan
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by joshjc(m): 11:29am On Jun 22, 2020
Nice one from APC,
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by teepain: 11:30am On Jun 22, 2020
freshkpomo:

You are right bro, our youths are their own problems. But we can't keep mute we need to keep awakening them.

Say no to old leaders.

Together we can make Nigeria better.

God bless Nigeria.

There is nothing like saying no to old leaders.

Senator McCain contested for the post of the President of the United States even though he lost against Barack Obama.

Old people and young people should be allowed to contest as it is their inalienable right; competence, track record, integrity and other important factors should guide our choices.

The few young people that have found their ways to government haven't shown any radical departure from status quo, in terms of performance.

Resorting to age differences, tribal or ethnic affiliations and religious sentiments actually poisons our democratic processes.

1 Like

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by spirul77: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:

na wa for you o, somebody asked a simple question that needs just a logical answer you started calling the person names, that act alone tells a lot of difference between both of you, it shows who's older and wiser and a lot more, and the level of maturity without even meeting both of you .
Now to your argument, are you trying to say direct primary were maximum 18 persons maintaining social distance as recommended by ncdc is worse than indirect primary where hundreds to thousands of people, from different places ,both where the virus is rampant to where its nonexistent to converge in one place ? This method should be encouraged, it's the best method ,the people are directly involved.

2 Likes

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by PVision2020(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:

Guy stop arguing blindly, you know nothing. How will a sane human say less than 18 people coming to vote at a time in a direct primary with party members voting in their streets and locality poses more threat to over 5 thousand people converging from the nooks and crannies of Edo state in a packed stadium? And you say people will come in and vote in batches in an indirect primary...lol, even if you haven't been in a direct primary venue, haven't you seen one on TV?

The fact that an illogical person like you work for the Lagos State Government is actually an indictment on the recruitment process of the state.

NB: You don't need to lie to make a point on a faceless forum....Who do you work for, LASG or FIRS?

3 Likes

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 22, 2020
joelbooks:
Edo APC Primaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqjMOdMRQI

This one is just for formality to avoid unnecessary litigation. You and I know that the mandate has been given to Iyamu
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by 7lives: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
muykem:
Thanks to Oshiomele rigidity. There's no buying of delegate again. I wish all parties adopt direct primary.

You're shaking the table again.
Direct primary for which Oshiomole was labeled a godfather?.
There are no godfathers in other parties na God grandfathers full there.
Last last those who do it right will have it all, those who do it otherwise will have nothing.
This is a Devine law.

1 Like

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by freshkpomo(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
teepain:

There is nothing like saying no to old leaders.

Senator McCain contested for the post of the President of the United States even though he lost against Barack Obama.

Old people and young people should be allowed to contest as it is their inalienable right; competence, track record, integrity and other important factors should guide our choices.

The few young people that have found their ways to government haven't shown any radical departure from status quo, in terms of performance.

Resorting to age differences, tribal or ethnic affiliations and religious sentiments actually poisons our democratic processes.

You just mentioned America where things work, unlike here were they would rather die in power.. If Buhari was an American president he would have long resigned from office.. Buhari and OBJ ruled twice, what have we really gotten from these recycled set of people?? Let's try something new ( by this I don't meant tinubu or atiku cos they still belong to this category).

Say no to old leaders.

God bless Nigeria
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by Dansuqi: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
At this point,most delegates have voted and aoc can now make a return.ugly obaseki can now come and disrupt the primaries,it is too late.see the people pastor turned out.the man strong.I hope odubu remains in the race in case of disqualification..

Play play,magu is going.
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by VirginFinder: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

If Oshimole was truly rigid as you say, Hhe would have made Ddirect primary for the whole! Not some states direct , others indirect! That's an act of Ddecieving yourself! You only wanna do what suits you.

If you wanna be Hhonest, do it Ccomprehensively!

Oshimole has been a direct opposite of all we thought him to be..

This is not the Oshimole that we had hope could stand for uprightness!
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by VirginFinder: 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
One good thing that has come out from Edo politics brouhaha is that POWER has returned to the Bbottom...

The Gguys at the Bbottom, the ward level have suddenly become POWER Brokers in Nigerian politics...

Now, Nigerian politicians have to Rrespect and be Ffriends with the guys at the bottom!

A whole Oshimole, Cchairman of Pparty brought down by mere Wward members..

If you wanna do politics, Rrespect your ward members oooo.... if not , they do you an Oshimole..

Truly no situation is Ppermanent!
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by dheilaw1(m): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:

are these ones in direct Primary all together at a time? Try and be sensible for once
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by teepain: 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
freshkpomo:

You just mentioned America where things work, unlike here were they would rather die in power.. If Buhari was an American president he would have long resigned from office.. Buhari and OBJ ruled twice, what have we really gotten from these recycled set of people?? Let's try something new ( by this I don't meant tinubu or atiku cos they still belong to this category).

Say no to old leaders.

God bless Nigeria

Thanks for your response.

Note that America did not just start working because Americans voted young or old leaders.

Americans, regardless of age, continually work towards making America great. America is far from being a perfect country but the citizens see their country as a work-in-progress and therefore continually engage the authorities on areas at variance with the perfect country they seek to build.

Regardless of the age grade of our leaders, the country may not move forward until we start challenging obnoxious policies. What stops from occupying the streets of Nigeria with the irresponsible budgeting for the refurbishment of the national assembly building at a time when the economy is suffering as a result of covid-19?

With respect to the death of George Floyd see the way Americans demonstrated their non-acceptance of police brutality. But for the intervention of the American masses, the policeman responsible for Floyd's death would never have been charged at all.

Police brutality has always occurred in Nigeria and it isn't gonna stop until we all say NO.

The key is that, regardless of the ages of our leaders - we must continually request from them to do the right thing and when they fail to listen we should the instrument of demonstration to force them to do the right thing.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

1 Like

Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by investigator007: 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
wait i dont, do the whole public vote for the party's aspirant during primaries? i thought it was only open to registered party members?
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by fujirice: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Peacecoy19:
Read post brother,batch voting is being used because of Corona. You will not see long quenue.or large crowd.
Lol
Na so.
Re: 2020: Edo APC Governorship Primary (Live Pictures) by Sannisege: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
EngineerBode:

I can never admire evil. You are tasteless. So I am not surprise. You can run your family like APC
Run your family like PDP too. Abirun eda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Melaye Tackles Buhari - You Can Only Choose Your Party Candidate Not Successor / Peter Obi: Whatever Father Mbaka Does, I Love Him (Video) / Kano Residents Seen Swimming In Stagnant Water After Heavy Downpour (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.