Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Sir Elton John Defends Rap Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sir Elton John Defends Rap Music (741 Views)

I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman / Kelly Hansome Defends Tonto Dike: Until Ya'll Drop Your Songs Shut-up / Rap Music Is Horrible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Elton John Defends Rap Music by Bamsyle2(m): 9:34am On Jan 28, 2011
I used to give one hoot bout this chap . . . now I give 10! grin grin

Sir Elton John is urging music fans not to "ridicule" rappers, insisting stars such as Kanye West and Eminem are "a phenomenon".

The Rocket Man, who collaborated with West for a track on the hip-hop star's latest album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, is passionate about all kinds of music and he's urging non-rap fans to get acquainted with the genre.

The 63 year old tells TeenMusic.com, "I never dismiss any form of music. I listen to everything. I'm on the new Kanye West record, for example. It's a genius record. I was on the Alice in Chains record, People who mock rap, and say, 'I don't like it,' they should go check out Kanye in the studio rapping. Or Eminem when he's in the studio. It's a phenomenon. Don't knock it until you've seen it. It may not be your cup of tea (to your taste), but don't ridicule. I find that so many of my peers of my age don't listen to anything new. I love the new." (LR/WNWCAH/MT)

http://www.cinemablend.com/celebrity/Elton-John-Defends-Rap-29681.html#

It's relieving to see oldies like Elton expressing love for the genre of Music I (and can I also say "we"?) love with a passion.
Re: Sir Elton John Defends Rap Music by Mobinga: 7:12am On Jan 29, 2011
Nah Elton, you wouldn't win me. You're a big phaggot! Elton and his husband adopted a kid! Imagine those phaggots!!

The child would grow without any motherly care. I wonder who gives and receives, abi its turn by turn
Re: Sir Elton John Defends Rap Music by Bamsyle2(m): 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2011
^^ grin grin grin

You're crazy mahn!
Re: Sir Elton John Defends Rap Music by poweredcom(m): 12:45am On Jan 30, 2011
Fagged
Re: Sir Elton John Defends Rap Music by Mobinga: 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2011
hehehhe grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mikuz Disses Wordsmith / A Tribute To A Living Legend (majek Fashek) / Whos Is This Nigerian Artist???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.