Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman (22021 Views)

Rivers: Inime Aguma Resigns As Social Welfare Commissioner / Breaking: Rivers APC CTC Suspends Igo Aguma, Elects Sokonte Davies, Chairman / Amaechi Loses As Court Declares Igo Aguma From Rival Faction Rivers APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
The crisis rocking Rivers chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has deepened following rejection of Igo Aguma as the acting Chairman of the party by 28 out of 38 statutory members of the party.

The statutory members resolved to suspend Aguma as the acting Chairman and constituted another caretaker committee led by Sokonte Davies.

Addressing journalists in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, the statutory members said Aguma was acting against the spirit and letters of the High Court judgement that made him a caretaker chairman.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-apc-suspends-aguma-as-rivers-apc-acting-chair/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by dewordman: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
Confusion everywhere

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by jlinkd78(m): 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Rivers APC and confusion

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by donbachi(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
Still on their confussional conference.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by seanfer(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
This is funny.... The Gaidom backed APC are relying on court order.. Now they are going against the court order that is not in their favour.... The state High court ruled that Ima Aguma should be the CTC chairman of the party in Rivers, what is expected of them is to approach the court to set aside the ruling.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
I also heard the suspension of Victor Giadom from the office of Deputy National Secretary of APC , as well as the nomination and appointment of Worgu Boms as a replacement have been declared null and void.
obaseki 4:2 oshomole/tinubu

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Tozilly(m): 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
This is just the beginning. Let d drama kip on unfolding. We r watching in 3D. Walahi, Nigerian politics is too interesting for my liking.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Dansuqi: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lostz:
I also heard the suspension of Victor Giadom from the office of Deputy National Secretary of APC , as well as the nomination and appointment of Worgu Boms as a replacement have been declared null and void.

Which court declared it null and void?

10 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Dansuqi: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Tozilly:
This is just the beginning. Let d drama kip on unfolding. We r watching in 3D. Walahi, Nigerian politics is too interesting for my liking.

This is a lame counter attack from amechi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by pharmagba: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Too late!
APC have stepped up their game, one step ahead PDP infected members

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Dansuqi: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
fergie006:
28 out of the 38 Statutory Members have suspended Hon. Igo Aguma & elected Dr. Sokonte Davies as CTC Chairman of Rivers State Chapter of the APC.

Hon Sampson Egop has been approved as the Secretary of the committee

Hon Ogbonna Nwuke, Publicity Secretary

Irene Inimgba, Woman Leader

Fred Igwe, Organizing Sec.

Oga,this is illegal abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Maxymilliano(m): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
One crisis after another.

At this rate, the implosion of APC is nigh ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by ORIENTATION101: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
fergie006:
28 out of the 38 Statutory Members have suspended Hon. Igo Aguma & elected Dr. Sokonte Davies as CTC Chairman of Rivers State Chapter of the APC.

illegal gathering until appeal court set aside the order of Rivers state high court affirming Aguma the chairman ,whatever they did is not binding on Aguma

13 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by seunmsg(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lostz:

Declared null and void by who?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dansuqi:

Which court declared it null and void?
was the suspension done by the court?

it was declared null and void by the same River APC officials who came up with the suspension.

I am enjoying this movie. my own is to clap for whoever is winning. what matters is APC lose Edo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by SmartProf(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
Funny how some adults will wake up each day to forment trouble against each other. The court now is so busy dishing out judgements per second. Lawyers will really cash out from all these foolish display by this APC members

3 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Declared null and void by who?
by same River APC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by seunmsg(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lostz:

by same River APC

Clowns. Giadom resigned as a member of the NWC of the party and the court in Rivers state affirmed his resignation.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by tinsel: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lostz:

by same River APC
This man you make me laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
tinsel:
This man you make me laugh.
all right thinking people are laughing as APC self-destruct

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Dansuqi: 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lostz:
was the suspension done by the court?

it was declared null and void by the same River APC officials who came up with the suspension.

I am enjoying this movie. my own is to clap for whoever is winning. what matters is APC lose Edo

What matters at the end is that APC will retain edo. The said removal of giadom was done by the disbanded faction loyal to amechi.it is null

2 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Dansuqi: 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
fergie006:

Which statutory members

2 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dansuqi:

What matters at the end is that APC will retain edo. The said removal of giadom was done by the disbanded faction loyal to amechi .it is null

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Ayed44: 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
I'm enjoying this APC movie.

Las las everybody will end up in the court.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by chukel(m): 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
illegal gathering until appeal court set aside the order of Rivers state high court affirming Aguma the chairman ,whatever they did is not binding on Aguma
double standard. I just keep laughing at the hypocrisy by everyone. Court order should be obeyed in Rivers state but not at the national level, right? If court orders should be obeyed, igo aguma should be ctc chairman while Giadom should be acting national chairman.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by ORIENTATION101: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
chukel:
double standard. I just keep laughing at the hypocrisy by everyone. Court order should be obeyed in Rivers state but not at the national level, right? If court orders should be obeyed, igo aguma should be ctc chairman while Giadom should be acting national chairman.
giadom has been sacked by Rivers court to stop parading himself as member of NWC member. So that judgment is binding

6 Likes

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Dansuqi: 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ayed44:
I'm enjoying this APC movie.

Las las everybody will end up in the court.

What of pdp movie

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Flyingngel(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
2022 cascading to 2023 will be child's play compare to now.
APC with no ideology will fall like a pack of rotten meat.
I like Buhari cos im no dey read news to know wetin dey happen around him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by Nairaodds: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wahala..apc

masterodds is back as nairaodds

Find me
Re: Rivers APC Suspends Igo Aguma, Appoints Sokonte Davies Caretaker Commit Chairman by chukel(m): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
giadom has been sacked by Rivers court to stop parading himself as member of NWC member. So that judgment is binding
which court. How can a high court sack someone whose position was affirmed by Appeal court? See ehn, politics or not, let your guiding principle in life be the truth.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Governor Fayemi Kicks Against Zoning / Governor Udom Inspects 8.4km Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Nigeria Military React to Bokoharm video Say No Safe Haven For Terrorists - DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.