Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? (67260 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nickymichy(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
Even if u are to marry another woman from the community... Make sure u choose your woman yourself.. Don't accept any woman from anybody...secondly.. Ur wife really need a say in this matter.. If she gives you go ahead..fine

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by prinj(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
Does Bible support a Christian to marry more one wife?
Does a real believer be a community king?
Because there is no how you can be a king without performing or undergo some ritual sacrifices and fetish traditional ceremonies
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Ernestforyou: 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Been doing this all this while and because of this,I ve not been to the village since December to see my parents. They all come over to my base now to see me.My wife has not said anything about it since and I can understand her.Even my Dad is confused cause such has never happened.

You can't crown me a king while my father is alive..My father and I feels there's a conspiracy against us.

No conspiracy anywhere .The gods have already chosen you and you must comply else there would be great consequences.Moreover ,that your father is alive does not mean you can’t be crown a king ,Ooni of Ife “s father is still alive and his elder ones,likewise so many other King’s parents,so nothing new.
Go ahead ,marry another wife and become the new Eze.Igwe!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by MPESA(m): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
Blesyn22:

According to his statement it is conspiracy because he clearly stated that he did not lobby for it

It's not , why he's saying so was because his father us still alive..... And that does not make it a conspiracy .... Kings are Born, they are not made it happens in the Bible in the house of Jesse, king David , his father was still alive when they came to anoint him including Oni of Ife , his father is still much alive.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by BENEAMATA: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
OP , how old was iye charlie when she ascended the throne of her ancestors to reign over england ? just a lass she was . and what's with the" what will my wife think " thing ? you are royalty ogbeni , for crying out loud , and i call you that ( ogbeni ) for the first and last time . Did you think the queen of england was having sleepless night over wether her husband will be addressing her as " your majesty " and some other protocols once she ascend ? your loving missus should be overjoyed for herself that she is the eze's wife or does she prefers the whole community her husband call ancestral land to burn and quake so long as no one is addressing her as senior queen 'cos me , ayamn't understanding sef .

And your dad , . . . . . . i'm sure nothing bad will happen to our eze's father .

And with that said , allow me to pay my obeisance . . . . . . . .

Iiiiiigweeeee ! ! ! long live the king !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

I have been thinking about the way forward since December last year.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

Reason is that it is rotational between my village and the other village.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

I never envisaged or dreamt of becoming a king in my life because.
(1) My father is still alive.
(2)I'm not the most senior in the entire family.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Now my question is,What do I do?
Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

I'm confused here. N B. My wife is aware of all this.

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

What is the name of ur village?
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by prinj(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Good morning folks. Sure we are all good and managing the effects of pandemic well?. To God be the glory.

This is going to be long because I will want us to read and understand it very well before commenting. Reason is because any decision taken is going to affect both myself,my immediate family members, extended and the entire community.

It happened that we lost our king (Eze) 5years ago and the community has been in turmoil due to the inability of the elders to select a new king.

My village is now supposed to bring out the next king and my compound has been told to bring out somebody to be crowned as a king.

But then,the elders met me last December and told me that the diety in the community has selected me to become the next king and that I have to pick another wife from the community before I will be crowned.

I told them point and blank that the oracle is mistaken due to the reasons I mentioned above but they are not taking it.

Now everyone in my village is against me for refusing the offer and saying I'm doing it be cause I don't want to hurt my wife which is true.

Should I damn the consequence and pick another wife and be crowned a king in other to make my community happy or should I forget about the whole idea entirely and allow the community sort themselves out?

Thanks.

Please bring this to front page cause I'm no longer myself. So many sleepless nights and selfish advices from the elders in my community. I really need to hear the truth from people I don't know.

Does Scripture support a polygamous marriage? Can a believer marry more than one wife?
Can a real believer be a king? Can because there is no how you can be a king with performing sacrifices and fetish traditional activities

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by MPESA(m): 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
Nickymichy:
Even if u are to marry another woman from the community... Make sure u choose your woman yourself.. Don't accept any woman from anybody...secondly.. Ur wife really need a say in this matter.. If she gives you go ahead..fine

His wife don't have a say here..... Why they want him to marry another wife is because his wife is not from their community. And he must marry from there community if he's to be crown a King.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by govomotors: 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
If you were called to be the Oba of Benin or Lagos, would you have refuse?

My advise is go and serve your people and do all you can to be a great king.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Emepresh(f): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
Oga, steer clear! There's a great conspiracy to kill your dad and accuse you of killing him in order to become the king. Run as fast as your legs can carry. Remember, I said RUN! Just tell them that your faith is against taking two wives.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by BENEAMATA: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
MPESA:

It's not , why he's saying so was because his father us still alive..... And that does not make it a conspiracy .... KINGS ARE BORN , they are not made it happens in the Bible in the house of Jesse, king David , his father was still alive when they came to anoint him including Oni of Ife , his father is still much alive.
Bros , i tire oh , see pure tradition that's still functioning and peopl want to start influencing divine choices (my wife , my dad ) tell me how Op and his madam is not turning his village age old tradition to what a certain political heavyweight west of the niger has reduced so many of lagos royal stool into ? man should not decide for rhe gods for man is mere mortal .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by OdefaGirl(f): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Seems you are yet to understand how this village politics is played?
I don't want polygamy and even if I agree on the first condition,which is picking a wife from my community,I can't still be crowned while my father is alive.So they will still have to wait for a long time before they get a king because my father is not gonna die now.

With this response, I will boldly tell you to reject it.... you know why? I don't think the villagers will have to live with no king, waiting for when your father dies....... they may hurriedly end his life so that their Eze will be crowned...
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by MPESA(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
PrincessEstates:

You see this your statement in bold ehn, never say it out loud in front of your so-called village elders o. Cos it implies that although you might relent on taking another wife, you will never consider becoming king in as much as your father is alive. Which means that your father is the major reason you're not willing to become the king. Which in turn implies(to them), that in as much as your father(the obstacle to them) is out of the equation(I'm very sure you understand), then there'll be nothing stopping you from becoming the king. Simple right? Yeah, not so simple. Because na from there your troubles go begin...
You think say uncles and aunties dem go fold their hands dey begin look you, upon say you no sabi, and your hands no dey the matter? You think say the new wife no go begin lord am over your current wife, say na she be the for-real-for-real wife, onto say she come from the same community as you?
As for me, nobody holy pass, so whatever decision you end up deciding to take, own up to it. Make such decision because you either want to become the king, or you don't want to become the king. Stop saying it's because my father is still alive o, or it's because I don't want to hurt my wife o, so that your village people will not put evil eyes on them.

See eh he doesn't have a point here..... David was anointed in the presence of his father, current Oni of Ife is a king for him papa face.... So why the noise....
As tradition demand that he must have a wife from their community and that's why they insisted on him getting a 2nd wife because his present wife is not from their community so they demanding him to get another wife from their community. .... So na where this conspiracy dey waka come now.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by ezugegere(m): 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Queenesy:
From my experience with deities and kingship I have this advice if only you will take it;
1. You don't say no to the gods because it always have its consequences which may even come upon your children in future. Wisdom is the key and the truth in Igbo land, you don't take a staff of authority while your father is still alive(abomination)

Answer: play the game of the spirit by telling the elders that your father will hold the crown for you until your ready.
( let me give you an example, Arthur Eze in Ukpo if u've heard of the name when his father died as a king, he was next in line but his multibillion dollar oil empire was his problem coupled with him saying no will affect his entire fortune. He played their game by telling the gods that his not too conversant with their tradition and that his uncle should hold it for him until his ready) with that the gods have only two options left 1. If they insists and crown him, he may destroy their custom and they can't harm him because he said it earlier 2. If they refused the uncle from holding the crown, it means that a stranger will be in charge which is also no for the gods.
The bottom line is that Arthur Eze is over 70years now and his uncle is still holding the crown for him.

Pls don't mind my typo and am writing from my wife's account am not a member just came across your message and felt the need to assist.

Best Regards,
Xp

Best comment so far

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Onliie(m): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks.

if you are a Christian don'tl listen to any deity. Go and pray to God about it. Deities are demonic beings anyways

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by adontcare(f): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.
since the gods have chosen u, pls marry a second wife. But don't consumate d marriage. That way u and ur wife and ur community and gods are happy. Mind u, only the gods are wise. NB, don't forget me when u r crowned the king. Am in Rivers State.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by earnit1: 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
hmm
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by veykey: 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Not really so, the second wife is just to fulfil traditional requirement that the king also has a wife from his kingdom, not necessarily to overthrow the first wife
You don't know women, you have married her and that's it. It takes God's grace for the family to remain the same.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Bennethanderson(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
I don't by the idea of chosing a second wife when your first wife is alive, just because she's not from your community. And there is no how they should crown you kind when your father is still alive, damn them and their god that chose you knowing fully well that your wife is from another state.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Bahamas95(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
Village people matter tire me, must you marry a second wife before they make you their king? undecided

One sef na problem nor to talk of two.

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by cnonyechi(f): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Thank you for bringing this up.
(1) I'm not interested and have never thought or dreamt of being a king in my life.Even though I would have loved to but I can't due to my wife, my kids,never wanted a polygamous family because of its endless fight after my demise.

My wife simply told me to do what I wanted, though she herself doesn't buy the idea of me becoming a king.

This your third point is exactly where i and my father has talked extensively and he has assured me that nothing will happen if I refused and I believed him. He said traditionally it is very wrong for a father to bow for a son as the king and that is why he believed that there's a conspiracy against us because he is also the president General of my community.

I don't think they can stop me from achieving anything now except they will want to be at war with my entire family.

Your last question is the bone of contention. They said throughout the history,that every king must marry from the community and since my wife is from another state,that I should pick up a wife from our community.

You have answered your question, everything about your life opposes kingship starting from the fact that your father is still alive, to ur wife and ur belief.

Reject the offer.

Tell them you have HIV trust me they will never want a HIV positive king. In fact they will instantly remember that they made a mistake and the kingship is not for you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by veykey: 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
adontcare:
since the gods have chosen u, pls marry a second wife. But don't consumate d marriage. That way u and ur wife and ur community and gods are happy. Mind u, only the gods are wise. NB, don't forget me when u r crowned the king. Am in Rivers State.
I don't understand. You expect a woman to get married and agree not to have her marriage consummated knowing fully well what she's to enjoy if it is.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by BENEAMATA: 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
Obakovicho:

Something like this happened in one of the South South states 5 years ago. The deity comes in form of a snake to the house of the chosen one. One gateman for AIT baff to go work na so e see python for em center table, being a stubborn man e lock d snake for house abandon the house for 1 week plus. Meanwhile, the chief priest say the gods have chosen someone. The village people begin wonder who na, during the town meeting the gateman was conspicously absent. Na so dem send messgae to em house, dem knock door no answer as dem peep see big snake for table na so dem gyrate go gate for AIT lift am for head straight to crowning.
Abeg give me the guy name na . And was thr whole lifting up in celebration fanfare covered by AIT ? maybe i can search for it on youtube or AIT archives .
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Antoeni(m): 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Congratulations
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Exactly which village or territory is that you this liar from hell.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Obakovicho: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Queenesy:
From my experience with deities and kingship I have this advice if only you will take it;
1. You don't say no to the gods because it always have its consequences which may even come upon your children in future. Wisdom is the key and the truth in Igbo land, you don't take a staff of authority while your father is still alive(abomination)

Answer: play the game of the spirit by telling the elders that your father will hold the crown for you until your ready.
( let me give you an example, Arthur Eze in Ukpo if u've heard of the name when his father died as a king, he was next in line but his multibillion dollar oil empire was his problem coupled with him saying no will affect his entire fortune. He played their game by telling the gods that his not too conversant with their tradition and that his uncle should hold it for him until his ready) with that the gods have only two options left 1. If they insists and crown him, he may destroy their custom and they can't harm him because he said it earlier 2. If they refused the uncle from holding the crown, it means that a stranger will be in charge which is also no for the gods.
The bottom line is that Arthur Eze is over 70years now and his uncle is still holding the crown for him.

Pls don't mind my typo and am writing from my wife's account am not a member just came across your message and felt the need to assist.

Best Regards,
Xp
You don play the gods 419
Best advice��������������

2 Likes

Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by BENEAMATA: 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
cnonyechi:

You have answered your question, everything about your life opposes kingship starting from the fact that your father is still alive, to ur wife and ur belief.

Reject the offer.

Tell them you have HIV trust me they will never want a HIV positive king. In fact they will instantly remember that they made a mistake and the kingship is not for you.
lie to deities that he has HIV ! wey know wetin dey inside snail belle ! hyperLOL ! !
OP , remember ODEYSSEUS ? Think you are smarter than him ? no ? sha , GOD be with you and guide your steps .
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by nkemdi89(f): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
Don't reject it , unless you want to run mad, I know some ezes in imo whose fathers were still alive when they were crowned Eze. Eze ilomuanya for example ( eze of obinugwu orlu) , you need an ugoeze from your village too as tradition demands.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by uchrikk(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
JONNYSPUT

Pick your wife and marry her again for the crowning. Maybe, the deity thought that you are still single.
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Geeflow(m): 11:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
hakeemhakeem:

1 their is not a conspiracy btw you and your father,he is old you are young
2 they want the kingship to last long in your community
3 try to talk to them concerns second wife but as tradition king married more wives even in Asia
4 if you cook for the village people they will finishes it but if village people cook for you, you can't finish it
I smell selfishness in your advice, how can they choose him over his father?
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by redsun(m): 11:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
Your traditions seem very immature and all over the place.

What makes you a suitable candidate? Why do have to marry another wife to be the king? And why do they have to wait that long to replace a king? What happens if you die before your father?
Re: I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
OP have you been watching Nigerian movies lately?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage / "I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.