Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,986 members, 7,841,770 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. (7510 Views)

Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) / Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan (Governorship Candidate) Shines At APC Rally / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by asha80(m): 1:12am On Jan 30, 2011
samparian:

i dey fly under the radar these days for security reasons grin no blame me.

things have been tense in Borno state for a long time. Nobody paid any attention to the killing of igbo businessmen, police men and military personnel. The igbo's in the state went on a sit at home strike for 3 days. Businesses were reonpened on Thursday morning.

any soldier or policeman that walks alone in the streets of maiduguri is a moving target. this has been going on since last year but it was kept out of the papers.
I'll say it again, Gov. Sherrif MUST know about the crises in his state. He wants to return to the senate, put his wife in House of Reps, His brother as governor and his father as chief contractor of the state

as for the first bolded are they random(ie from any ethnic group or igbo specifically)?

as for the second bolded wdf angry
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by samparian(m): 1:19am On Jan 30, 2011
only igbo businessmen were robbed and murdered in their shops in broad daylight. that sparked the 3 day business strike which crippled the town. igbo community leaders had a meeting wih the governor and officially laid their complaint about the insecurity of lives and property.
Soldiers and policemen being killed have no particular ethnicity. They are killed randomly.
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by samparian(m): 1:23am On Jan 30, 2011
Baga road, baban line (electronics market), and bank of the north area (used spare parts) are the major areas where 3 igbo businessmen were robbed and shot. the motorcycle dealer survived.
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 30, 2011
samparian:

Dude, na you be this? shocked shocked grin
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by samparian(m): 1:31am On Jan 30, 2011
na me o grin
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by rman: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2011
It is happening in Kwara, Borno, Lagos and soon everywhere!

KWARA: Father is the political leader, son is governor, sister is in the senate, and guess what, eight years later, the best a whole state can come up with is to switch from brother to sister(governor). That is what is in the making and may likely happen

LAGOS: Husband is the party leader, wife goes to the house of assembly, inlaws and cousins are also there. Family affair.

BORNO: Husband will go back to senate( after being the senator and governor for twelve years), brother becomes governor and wife goes to the house of reps. Another family affair.

The Obansanjo's, even Bankole are also examples of family affair politics been practised in Nigeria.

And most ignorant Nigerians fail to see our decmocarcy as Nigerians colonising Nigerians gradually. Some really dump ones give examples of the Kennedy's and co in the US. They fail to understand that with no results to show for your tenure you are politically dead in the US. Even sex scandals can get you out of office in a jiffy.
My problem with all these set up is this; why do we have learned men/women still hanging around and doing ''ranka dede'' for all these men that ensalving them and their own unborn kidds. A poor, uneducated man may be excused.

We all need to wake up and tell oureselves the truth. Nigeria, as a nation, is on a path to destruction quickly and there is no way back if we don't understand te fact that the same set of people that caused the problem are the ones we are looking up to, to provide solutions.
PATHETHIC!
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by asha80(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2011
rman:

It is happening in Kwara, Borno, Lagos and soon everywhere!

KWARA: Father is the political leader, son is governor, sister is in the senate, and guess what, eight years later, the best a whole state can come up with is to switch from brother to sister(governor). That is what is in the making and may likely happen

LAGOS: Husband is the party leader, wife goes to the house of assembly, inlaws and cousins are also there. Family affair.

BORNO: Husband will go back to senate( after being the senator and governor for twelve years), brother becomes governor and wife goes to the house of reps. Another family affair.

The Obansanjo's, even Bankole are also examples of family affair politics been practised in Nigeria.

And most ignorant Nigerians fail to see our decmocarcy as Nigerians colonising Nigerians gradually. Some really dump ones give examples of the Kennedy's and co in the US. They fail to understand that with no results to show for your tenure you are politically dead in the US. Even sex scandals can get you out of office in a jiffy.
My problem with all these set up is this; why do we have learned men/women still hanging around and doing ''ranka dede'' for all these men that ensalving them and their own unborn kidds. A poor, uneducated man may be excused.

We all need to wake up and tell oureselves the truth. Nigeria, as a nation, is on a path to destruction quickly and there is no way back if we don't understand te fact that the same set of people that caused the problem are the ones we are looking up to, to provide solutions.
PATHETHIC!

i hope you know that those parts of nigeria that do these things are monarchical in their thinking hence they do not particularly see any problem with those arrangements?
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by MP007(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2011
interesting, we need to start our own revolt jare./, hmm but wait naija no get liver
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by rman: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2011
So Lagosians are monarchical in their thinking too? Wake up
asha 80:

i hope you know that those parts of nigeria that do these things are monarchical in their thinking hence they do not particularly see any problem with those arrangements?
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by samparian(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2011
at least in Lagos we are not talking about the governor and his immediate family.
ok, this is the history.

1999-2003: Ali Modu Sheriff - Senator
1999-2003: Mala Kachallah - Governor (Best man to the wedding of governor's father and his godfather as an infant)

disgreement between the two and Sheriff runs Kachallah out of ANPP and eventually the government house in 2003.

2003-2011: Ali Modu Sheriff - Governor
1999-2011: His father benefits from all state contracts

For the past 8 years the governor has NEVER slept in the government house. He stays with his father in GRA and rides to the office daily in a convoy of over 15 SUVs which include his precious 2 Hummer jeeps
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by LordElNou: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2011
Should going into politics mean going about in bullet-proof vests, amoured vehicles? Proposing armed men around one's self and the family? Should it mean being armed all the time, even when making love to your wife?
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by honeric01(m): 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2011
I still believe the learned and the educated are the MAIN problem of Nigeria, the whine and nag, but never ready to challenge the problems.

Then why do you claim to be better than the unlearned? why do you call others illiterates if you can't help solve these same problems the illiterates can't solve?
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by Limaoscar: 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2011
My condolences to the families of all those killed.

So many regular thread de-railers are out here again, Smcheeewwwwwww angry
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by monkeyleg: 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2011
Wild Wild West Nigeria. Too bad
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2011
If a governor couldn't save his own, what hope is there for the common man? I think I've learnt shaform these mindless killings to avoid gtherings especially where poltiicians and big men are plentiful. cool
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by Akporugo247: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2011
Lol guys u making hear busy
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by samparian(m): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2011
@ Redman
you're quite correct. the town has changed from "Home of Peace" to Terrorist State.

though i'm sorry about the dead, i'm glad this act has gotten the attention of the high and mighty. Masses have been living in fear and complaining all these while and nothing was done about it.
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
this is just pre-election crisis i just prray that oncoming election will be peaceful as Ghana's own lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by oloriebi2(m): 11:34am On Feb 03, 2011
i wish u are in maiduguri as i am.not dat they stoop so low,it jst dat dey lack education, they r miopic, they hv lack no ambitions, no feeling 4 human life, fundamentalist, corrupt.my people i lack verbs to qualify them.maiduguri is hot. i pray i survive the heat and get back home safely. if u hv any 1 in north,pls pray 4 dem because dis people can do n undo. the crisis is political not any boko haram.d polticians knows wots going on they jsut refuse to talk.they create crisis to cover there deeds.pls dont advice any of urs to come to dis town cos rigth nw anytin can happen.am still suffering from bruises i sustained durin d macth btween arsenal n everton when sm hoodlum stormed d viewing center with cutlass n axes.my people it was ugly coc people sustained injuries n lost thousands of property.am a victim.WE R JUST WAITING $ WOT NEXT? embarassed more killings to cm. we wont be suprised
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by Danny2011(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2011
this is horrible
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by roymary: 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
olori ebi:

i wish u are in maiduguri as i am.not dat they stoop so low,it jst dat dey lack education, they r miopic, they hv lack no ambitions, no feeling 4 human life, fundamentalist, corrupt.my people i lack verbs to qualify them.maiduguri is hot. i pray i survive the heat and get back home safely. if u hv any 1 in north,pls pray 4 dem because dis people can do n undo. the crisis is political not any boko haram.d polticians knows wots going on they jsut refuse to talk.they create crisis to cover there deeds.pls dont advice any of urs to come to dis town cos rigth nw anytin can happen.am still suffering from bruises i sustained durin d macth btween arsenal n everton when sm hoodlum stormed d viewing center with cutlass n axes.my people it was ugly coc people sustained injuries n lost thousands of property.am a victim.WE R JUST WAITING $ WOT NEXT? embarassed more killings to cm. we wont be suprised

But seriously, what are you still doing over there. Its high time you left that zone regardless of your mission out there. Our Lives comes first.
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by samparian(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2011
true talk but its easier said than done for those who have multi million naira investments there.
i called a friend on phone today and he says he's scared of coming out of his GRA residence.
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by DanDiamond(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2011
smiley Apart from politics dont you do any thing technical?
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by chino11(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2011
Let the police investigate this properly. Yorubas are at it again. Its an attack by Yoruba hired assassins . They have moved their wild wild west and rascalism to the north.
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by chino11(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2011
^^^^ Does it mean that Yorubas and hausa fulanis have the same nature and destiny of begging?
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by chino11(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2011
^^^^ Does it mean that Yorubas and hausa fulanis have the same nature and same destiny of begging??
Re: Breaking News : Governorship Candidate Shot Dead. by chino11(m): 7:21pm On May 13, 2011
eko ori ori bajee. lmao. The Yoruba ACN is performing. first signal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Politician Has The Finest Wife? / Nigerian President’s Luck Runs Out On Fuel Gamble -Financial Times / Why Buhari Rejected Rolls Royce In UK - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.