Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools (9188 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools by Pharoh: 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2011
johndoe200:

Bye the way in my state (In the Niger Delta of course ) we have ramped up our school system and therefore do not need your charity.

Some of these internet warriors are probably also citizens of those Niger-Delta states . . and everyone is trying to contribute something so need for all these fighting.
Re: Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2011
Pharoh:

Yeah you are right but i think they do have the passion to develop especially those from the average and substandard schools unlike the private or rich schools. It will be good to get the involved as they will not be too difficult to contribute or share in whatever idea that is put forward to help develop these schools.

I am in for anything that would help develop education in Nigeria but what do you have in mind or do you want to go about this? i saw a water project thread and i don't know how that has been fairing at the moment. It is only in nigeria that you would help provide books and computers only for some people to go and sell it. Someone might do something and before you know they have awarded the contract to Chinese people. So is this solely for charity or how do you want to go about it?.

Honestly, I don't know the exact info on how to go about helping while making sure not to be taken advantage of myself. I planned a book drive some years ago and later delivered all the collected books over to another group already shipping to Ghana instead. This was because I was not able to raise enough funds for the shipping of the books(included backpacks with notebooks, and stationaries) to Nigerian(probably my fault since I did not do a lot in the way of advertising it). But yes, I will definitely look around for other opportunities and post updates here as I find info. I hope this year, I can maybe partner with groups, even if charity, that are actively rebuilding, and helping revamp out schools. Only I fear that any solution that does not involve partnering with the Education ministry(fund-wise) will probably end up an opportunity for the officials(ministry) to chop more money.
Re: Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools by tpia5: 4:12am On Jul 11, 2014
i guess no one would ever mistake these for nigerian students?

Re: Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools by tpia5: 4:18am On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools by JustCurious: 4:44am On Jul 11, 2014
Please, where is Kobojunkie? It's been like ages. I miss reading her constructive posts. smiley
Re: Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools by iseeicome: 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
http://articlesng.com/investigation-problems-teaching-business-subjects-junior-secondary-schools/
The problems of teaching business subjects in secondary schools in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria: The Condition Of Public Schools by handsespen: 8:41am On Nov 03, 2017
Availability and Status of School Health Services among Public Secondary School in Onicha Local Government Area of Ebonyi State

School health services (SHS) as a component of material and child health (MCH) programme of health promotion, protection and conservation which aims at ensuring that during the school period pupils are well to take part fully in school activities.

http://www.scharticles.com/status-school-health-services-among-public-secondary-school/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 / Presidential Mid-term Report Clashes With Fashola's Interactive Session / Asking TV, Radio Stations To Deactivate Twitter Accounts Unlawful - SERAP To NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.