Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,243 members, 7,849,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement (26323 Views)

"Seek Out-Of-Court Settlement With Nnamdi Kanu" - Ohanaeze To Buhari / Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s N10bn Suit / Abacha Hotel: El-rufai Agrees To Out-of-court Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 24, 2020
Stanchem029:
I dedicate this FTC to the peace loving people of Edo state.

Are you kidding me?
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by ityP(m): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:
No matter the court case or people he visits,obaseki is fated to lose

Obaseki can not lose. Remember his name: God win❗
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Stanchem029: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
iLUCID:

Are you kidding me?
How?
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Unigrad: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
emperor863:

He will not win. You can take that to the bank.

You get PVC to vote for Edo State or are you the INEC that will decide the election?
I don't see anything that can stop Obaseki from not winning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Bhol28: 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Edo state Tax payers and allocation money in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Dansuqi: 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
ityP:

Obaseki can not lose. Remember his name: God win❗

There are several other people bearing that name that are serial losers.you cannot put something on nothing.

Ihama is a strong negotiator and politician.he has the advantage and has obaseki where he wants him,at the cliff.if obaseki does not reason well, the judge will rule against him and it will be too late to get a counter order.from the body language of the judge,it is obvious that he will exclude obaseki...ihama won oredo federal constituency where obaseki is from under his own nose.obaseki is a real weakling

1 Like

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Dansuqi: 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
Unigrad:

You get PVC to vote for Edo State or are you the INEC that will decide the election?
I don't see anything that can stop Obaseki from not winning.

You are not seeing well
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by contigiency(m): 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
Negotiation to share more of Edo state's money. Yeye people.
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
Stanchem029:

How?

I don't think Edo people are peace loving
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Grundig: 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
If rumours are true then wike appears to be the only one with pdp's interest.

There is a small chance that Obaseki will decamp to the APC should be win the election. Which explains why wike is scheming for a core PDP guy in Orbih as obaseki's deputy. In the event that he decamps or starts misbehaving the house which is expected to be majorly PDP members will impeach him and then install orbih as governor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Dansuqi: 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
No respite for obaseki,no peace for the betrayers and disloyallists.he will continue moving from court to court and be distracted while pastor plots his defeat beginning from oredo ward 4.even while the primaries is ongoing tomorrow, he will be in court.he will fail woefully,more than he failed his ssce.political failure will be his fort

1 Like

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by mariatt(f): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Cocolatti(m): 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
seunmsg:
The deed has been done already. Obaseki is in a very weak position and it’s obvious he’s very vulnerable to series of litigations over his candidature. Even if he wins, there is already a good ground to get him disqualified.
Your APC candidate is even in a worse situation than Obaseki
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Ganbite: 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
seunmsg:
The deed has been done already. Obaseki is in a very weak position and it’s obvious he’s very vulnerable to series of litigations over his candidature. Even if he wins, there is already a good ground to get him disqualified.

My learned friend can u explain what they have against him that will disqualify him inline with Nigeria constitution.

Our constitution give rooms for anyone who is aspiring to be a president, governor or any political post to have a School Cert, the constitution did not say u should have a minimum of 5credit , the 5 credit requirement is for higher education so please don't be misinform by the public.

This matter has already been settled in supreme court before now and Obaseki has been advised not to tender any of the controversial certificate so when it comes to politics i think APC still don't how to play it, there is a way Oshiomole will play his politics and he will disqualify Obaseki without him knowing at the primary election but he was too arrogant and he allowed his personal interest and hatred to kill the APC party in Edo...

To all,
South South Politics is not like South West Politics or Northern politics, if Edo man voted massively for someone and u try to use federal power to upturn the decision my brother blood will flow like oil spillage.. so if anyone is thinking they will use federal might when it comes EDO Govenorship race the person is just toiling with Edoite ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Unigrad: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:

Unfortunately, sacrificing shuaibu means sacrificing the race before it starts
Shut up your mouth and stop saying what you don't know. One of the agreement was he the governor will run with his deputy. Why are you propagating lies?
Show me your PVC and I will show you mine. It might even surprise everyone that you don't even have PVC or you are not from Edo State.
Everyone in Edo State knows what is happening, majority of Edoites are against APC because of Oshiomole in all his attend to favour godfatherism which he fought and use it as a leader to win his second term as Governor. You think majority of Edoites are like you who collected peanut to be blind?
Will you swear with what you belief that Governor Obaseki have not perform? You are against him because he refused to share state money?
I'm saying this not because I have met with governor Obaseki nor has he given me anything personally but I'm not blind to what he has achieved in Edo governance. Those people against the governor and Ize Iyamu, what is their achievement in Edo State?
When Samson Osagie was two times member of Edo State House of Assembly and minority Leader in house of Representatives, what did he achieved? Majority of Edo South voted against him when he tried contesting for Senate. What about Patrick obayiagbon who was also a two times member of the Edo State House of Assembly and one time member of house of Representatives, what was his achievement?
What is the achievement of Tony Kabaka?
Wise up man and stop playing this dirty politics of stomach infrastructure.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Anybody that vote for PDP and APC in any forthcoming elections is a disgrace to democracy
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by moderatedguy: 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
jacoik:
and the most painful path is that what he is discharging is so watery
hahahahahaha.......savage
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Dansuqi: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
Unigrad:

Shut up your mouth and stop saying what you don't know. One of the agreement was he the governor will run with his deputy. Why are you propagating lies?
Show me your PVC and I will show you mine. It might even surprise everyone that you don't even have PVC or you are not from Edo State.
Everyone in Edo State knows what is happening, majority of Edoites are against APC because of Oshiomole in all his attend to favour godfatherism which he fought and use it as a leader to win his second term as Governor. You think majority of Edoites are like you who collected peanut to be blind?
Will you swear with what you belief that Governor Obaseki have not perform? You are against him because he refused to share state money?
I'm saying this not because I have met with governor Obaseki nor has he given me anything personally but I'm not blind to what he has achieved in Edo governance. Those people against the governor and Ize Iyamu, what is their achievement in Edo State?
When Samson Osagie was two times member of Edo State House of Assembly and minority Leader in house of Representatives, what did he achieved? Majority of Edo South voted against him when he tried contesting for Senate. What about Patrick obayiagbon who was also a two times member of the Edo State House of Assembly and one time member of house of Representatives, what was his achievement?
What is the achievement of Tony Kabaka?
Wise up man and stop playing this dirty politics of stomach infrastructure.

Up APC.obaseki will fail
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Dansuqi: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Grundig:
If rumours are true then wike appears to be the only one with pdp's interest.

There is a small chance that Obaseki will decamp to the APC should be win the election. Which explains why wike is scheming for a core PDP guy in Orbih as obaseki's deputy. In the event that he decamps or starts misbehaving the house which is expected to be majorly PDP members will impeach him and then install orbih as governor.

I agree.orbih is the staunchest pdp member in edo.he is the one that has sustained edo pdp but no matter what pastor is coming
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Dansuqi: 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ganbite:

My learned friend can u explain what they have against him that will disqualify him inline with Nigeria constitution.

Our constitution give rooms for anyone who is aspiring to be a president, governor or any political post to have a School Cert, the constitution did not say u should have a minimum of 5credit , the 5 credit requirement is for higher education so please don't be misinform by the public.

This matter has already been settled in supreme court before now and Obaseki has been advised not to tender any of the controversial certificate so when it comes to politics i think APC still don't how to play it, there is a way Oshiomole will play his politics and he will disqualify Obaseki without him knowing at the primary election but he was too arrogant and he allowed his personal interest and hatred to kill the APC party in Edo...

To all,
South South Politics is not like South West Politics or Northern politics, if Edo man voted massively for someone and u try to use federal power to upturn the decision my brother blood will flow like oil spillage.. so if anyone is thinking they will use federal might when it comes EDO Govenorship race the person is just toiling with Edoite ....

Why didn't blood flow in 2007 when oshiomhole was rigged out or in 2016 when ugly obaseki was rigged in? As he was rigged in,so shall he be outrigged
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by asanwafo: 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
In APC he was a devil with no achievement to boast of for 4years ; in PDP, a master dribbler with lots of achievements to boast of for 4years. Who did this to our youth? Could it attributed to laziness or flay for corruption?
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Sirwallace(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
The Money Obaseki Claimed Oshiomole wanted him to spend to Godfathers is the money he is now spending to get his name on the ballot of PDP. And we all know how money spend in course like that always end.

Nigerian politicians Never learn. He should have collected past question from Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Sunnyja: 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
emperor863:

He will not win. You can take that to the bank.

Who then is going to win, the APC candidate that a faction is claiming that the primaries that produced him is illegal?!
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2020
osydennyz:
Honestly I've lost all interest in this Obaseki's saga........The bottom line of everything is Nigerian politicians are greedy.... Though I want Obaseki to return as governor based on his first term performance but our political system is so messed up.....For real 2023 will be interesting...

What first term performance? Lol
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by sterlingD(m): 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2020
Political parties in house squabbles should not and never be entertained by the judiciary.It is a mockery on the judiciary system.Just look at the how court judgements upon judgements are been passed which is causing confusion upon confusion.

And note this is just on party primaries.l wonder what will happen after the main election.

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2020
Bigii:
PDP Power!

Now, let's put the COW party to shame grin grin

Like for PDP, Share for APC

Bros na this thing them take scam Atiku, obi, Fayose and senator Adeleke.. Hope u guyz are not trying to scam obsaseki with fake like and share?

Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Femidfo: 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
ok
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
Xda59:

What first term performance? Lol
I guess you are not from Edo state
The following are a list of some achievements of the Governor Godwin Obaseki-Led Government
grouped under the six thematic pillars of the state:

1) Economic Revolution
2) Infrastructural Development
3) Institutional Reforms
4) Social Welfare Enhancement
5) Environmental Sustainability
6) Culture and Tourism

1. ECONOMIC REVOLUTION

• Edo Job Initiative; over 150,000 beneficiaries
• Establishment of Edo Innovation Hub, popularly referred to as “The South-South Silicon
Valley”; over 22,000 beneficiaries
• Creation of Edo Production Center to drive industrial development and create jobs
• Launch of Edo State Oil Palm Program (ESOPP); N69 billion committed by the CBN
• 10,000 hectares across 3 senatorial districts adopted for rice production
• Remodeling and re-equipping of the Government Science and Technical College (GSTC)

2. INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT

• Emotan Garden Housing; 100 out of 1,440 units completed
• Establishment of Jara Mall
• New automated model for revenue collection; implementation of the Edo Revenue
Administrative System (ERAS)
• Ugboha/Uromi and Auchi water projects
• Construction of the Edo State Secretariat complex, Block C and Block D has been
completed.
• Construction/Renovation of roads across the 3 senatorial districts of the state including;
368 road contracts awarded; 274 road projects completed including:
Construction of Lucky Way
- Irhirhi-Aruogba-Obazagbon-Ogheghe Road
- Rehabilitation of Secretariat Road, Igarra
- Textile Mill Road (ongoing)
- Ugbor-Amagba (ongoing)
- Ekaewan Road (ongoing)
- Road construction project at Obakhavbaye (ongoing).
- Rehabilitation of Uzebba-Ukpoje-Akagbor Road
- Construction of Orhodua Bridge
• Reduced cost of Certificates of Occupancy to N50,000
• Renovation of High Court Complex
• Tayo Akpata University, Abudu Campus (ongoing)
• Ossiomo Power Plant; 55 megawatt capacity (ongoing)
• Azura-Edo 461 MW open cycle gas turbine power station
• Inauguration of Benin River Port, Gelegele project
• Creation of Edo Modular Refinery (ongoing)
• Construction of Ikpoba River dam
• Establishment of Benin Enterprise Park (ongoing)
• Renovation of Oba Akenzua Cultural Center
• Construction of Judges Quarters (ongoing)
• Construction of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Iguoriakhi (ongoing)
• Laying of fiber optic for faster internet speeds with collaboration with MainOne; 450km
street by street fibre deployed in Benin City.
• Construction of modern car park.(ongoing)

3. INSTITUTIONAL REFORMS

• Wabizigan launched: launch of new security architecture and implementation of Security
Management Information System.
• Implementation of State Integrated Financial Management Information System (SIFMIS)

• Development and passage of a consolidated Public Financial Management (PFM) and
Fiscal Responsibility Act (FRA) for better financial management.
• Inauguration of Industrial Court in Edo State.
• Implementation of Treasury Single Account (TSA) policy for better control of
Government’s resources.
• New and better EDSTMA: The Edo State Traffic Control and Management Agency
(EDSTMA) has been revamped and repositioned for better service delivery to citizens.
• Contributory Pension Scheme for local government workers established.
• Eradication Community Development Associations (CDA’s) from our communities and
stopped Agberos from collecting revenues for Edo State Government.
• Creation of online website "EdoMonitorMe" Portal for transparency and monitoring of
projects.

4. SOCIAL WELFARE ENHANCEMENT

• Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EDOBEST) programme: implementation of
modern teaching techniques and technology.
• Over 11,000 teachers trained across the state
• Edo State Sports Commission Bill passed into law and Edo State Sports Commission
established
• Over a million textbooks distributed across the state
• Establishment of Edo State Task Force on Human Trafficking to curb irregular migration
and human trafficking
• Launch of Edo State Health Insurance Scheme to quality and affordable health care
services for citizens.
• Twenty primary healthcare centers revamped.
• New Central Hospital opened
• Renovation and facilities upgrade of Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium
• Violence against Persons Bill has been signed into law to addres

5. ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY

•Commencement of reclamation of erosion damaged embankment along Upper Mission
Road by Temboga.
• Remediation measures in Auchi through the Nigeria Erosion Watershed Management
Project (NEWMAP).
• Operation Clean up Edo Project has put in place to prevent indiscriminate dumping of
waste

6. CULTURE AND TOURISM

• Successful hosting of the 2019 National Festival for Arts and Culture.
• Reintroduction of Culture Clubs in public schools

GOVERNOR GODWIN OBASEKI’S ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST
COVID – 19
SCREENING AND TESTING

• Primary Health-care centres spread across the 18 LGAs, with 62 designated screening
centres
• Private Health-care centres across Benin City with 40 designated as screening centres
across Benin City.
• Mobile Screening centres across 6 LGAs, with 78 Screening point spread across respective
wards: 12 wards respectively in Oredo and Etsako-West LGA, 10 wards respectively in
Egor, Ikpoba-Okha, Esan West and Ovia North-East LGA.
• 64,200 persons have been screened via mobile screening centres, with 2,361 suspected
cases with samples collected. 51% Male screened and 49% Female.
• 212,000 persons screened via the fixed screening centres (Private and Primary Health-care
Total of 276,200 persons screened so far.

FACILITIES
• Setting up and equipping of 3 isolation facilities in Stella-Obasanjo Hospital, University of
Benin Teaching Hospital, and Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital.
• Purchase and installat of 2 new PCR machines at Stella-Obasanjo Hospital and University
of Benin Teaching Hospital.
• Purchase 18,000 Rapid Testing Kit (RTK).
• Acquisition of 4 Autoclave machines
• Establishment a Covid-19 support call centre to manage questions and quarries from
citizens.
• Upgrade of Emergency Operation Center (EOC) at the Hospital Management Board
complex with support from the USAid department carried out an
TRAINING
• Training of 4,218 health personnel to effectively fight the COVID-19.
• Special training to be organized for Helpline call attendants. Public health experts to be
included as trainers.
MOTIVATION
• H.E Godwin Obaseki approved a hazard allowance ranging from N90,000 to N300,000 for
frontline health worker.
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by OsusuBishop(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
Who is the rightful owner If I may ask?

If he doesn't fight, you people will call him weak. Now he's fighting, you guys are calling him desperado.

We truly deserve the kind of leaders we got.

oyeb15:
Obaseki is d most desperate politician have ever seen. With all these Wahala, he will still lose d election.
He's not even meant to be a Governor. Oshiomole gave him a stolen mandate and it will b given to d rightful owner.
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Sejouraucanny: 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
kestor:

Now, who have been mocked? The nairaland anti-Obaseki urchins; while the Pro-Obaseki temporarily bask in the euphoria of winning; until another news emerges that turns the table.
And the cycle continues.
A lost nation and failed generation.
Its a shame really and the youths whose future is being plundered is here dancing macabre dance!
What a shame!
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by dodelight(m): 12:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hoping for the best for my in-laws' state.
Re: Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement by Manni3: 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Isoright

Bro. How can I fit reach you.. E get private stuff I like discuss with you please.. If you no go mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials / FinCEN Files: US Places Atiku, Wives, Under International Banking Surveillance / God Is Using Trump To Humble America - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.