Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? (17297 Views)

Poll: Shoud She?

Yes: 29% (49 votes)
No: 70% (115 votes)
This poll has ended

My Valentine Gift From My Wife / Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by nurabela: 7:04am On Jan 29, 2011
Should a married woman accept a gift from her ex boyfriend?
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by donkennyakademy(m): 10:20am On Jan 29, 2011
there is noting wrong with dat if only there is noting els attach to the gift in return.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by ifyalways(f): 11:10am On Jan 29, 2011
nurabela:

I feel its Not right,I could be wrong though.Personally,The only times I can accept gifts from an ex is during my wedding or my children birthdays.I expect ex'es to channel their gift giving abilities to their next or current GFand leave my hubby to shower me with gifts.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by harakiri(m): 11:24am On Jan 29, 2011
It depends on what type of gift and the timing. A congratulations gift is quite subtle but xmas,vals day and bday gifts might bring up old nostalgic emotions and could be disastrous in a case where a spouse is wondering if he/she married d right person. Its best 4 exes 2 stay off as humanly possible. There is no such thing as a "secure " marriage. Human beings are prone 2 change and subject 2 emotions.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by naijafrend: 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ Topic
Yes, only if she doesn't have a problem with her hubby showering gifts to his ex.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2011
no
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by zayhal(f): 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
naijafrend:

@ Topic
Yes, only if she doesn't have a problem with her hubby showering gifts to his ex.

Exactly.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by tjskii(f): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
most definitely not,you shudnt start things you can't finish tongue tongue
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by benedictac(f): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2011
in my own opinion, i dont think it is right. those gift could bring back old memories which could eventually lead to one thing or the other and , God helps us oh. Dont even start what you know u cant finish babe.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by OAM4J: 6:47am On Jan 31, 2011
naijafrend:

@ Topic

lol grin
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by ENZOSCIFO1: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2011
Personally I dont see anything wrong in it ( if donefor the right reasons). If you consider someone good enough to share a relationship with at somepoint in your life , you should be able help ( can be in the form of a gift really) when the time and situation warrants or permits
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Ninapha(f): 11:46am On Jan 31, 2011
If its an open gift accepted by hubby anyway. Dont want any misconception from both parties.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by LA2(m): 11:50am On Jan 31, 2011
Depends on the gift, depends on the motive.

Say he buys her some recharge card, because they bump into each other while she's trying to re-charge her phone, there's nothing wrong with that, abi?

But supposing he buys her some sexy lingerie and asks her to model it for him - for the good 'ol days. Now that's a big no, no!

Situation becomes a little more blurry when the gift is both inappropriate and the motives are wrong, but she needs the gift. For example, supposing he buys her a car and neither she nor her husband has one. I say, take the car babe! And tell your husband you won it in a raffle draw!

www.wazobiareport.com
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by kenenath(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Actually, this is conditional if the gifts are personal items i.e directed to her usage alone then

Its not right to accept gift from an ex because accepting those gift means the feelings that was there before will definately rekindle.

But in situations were by the ex remebers the good times they hard and decides to buy something for her new family then i dont see anything wrong with that.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by legba1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2011
why shld my wife's ex shower her with gift.yoruba says"whereevr you say goodnite,you dont go back saying good evenning same day".i wont give such french gift and wont appreciate my wife taking such as well.let bygone be!
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by agentzakky(m): 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2011
it's not good at all. women get carried away easily, the more the gift the more the feeling.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by johnjoel(m): 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2011
there is noting wrong with that,and it means he or she still appreciate yoy
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by NAJALYN: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
A big NO. Why should a married woman accept a gift from her ex boyfriend? To do so would mean an open invitation to her ex that she is available to continue from where they left off, even in her matrimonial home. I dont even agree with the fact that a wedding gift should be accepted. To me it is a very subtle invitation by the ex to the married woman. He probably later discovered he made a mistake by not marrying her & wants to try & win her back. So whose fault is that? Please let us all learn from the mistakes of others. It will save us a lot of agony in the end. There is no need rushing into marriage. Afterall it is till death do you part.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by JUO(m): 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2011
capital NO
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Finecat(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2011
naijafrend:

@ Topic

If her husband has money or gift to shower in the first place, she wouldn't be looking at the hands of her ex.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by kuku9ja(f): 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2011
for me there's nothing wrong as long as her husband also alert, and the wife must no hiding it from her husban smiley
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by gagalicious(f): 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
Finecat:

If her husband has money or gift to shower in the first place, she wouldn't be at the hands of her ex.
zayhal:

Exactly.
@naijafren, #WORD well said #GBAM
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Olayinkaoj(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2011
I wont object to my wife collecting a gift from her ex because I know her level of commitment to our relationship.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by agoshofin(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2011
u can accept a gift, depending on wat d gift is,
if d gift is a car, a flower, a phone, an attire/dress/cloth/bag/purse/perfume/electrical appliance etc, No do, don't collect. bt if it's a broom, card, exercise book,biro, calendar etc, u may collect, bt first show it to your hubby in a mocking manner, like "see me see trouble o, so so so drop this off 4 me, " else, neva ever neva ever accept a gift from an ex,
bt if him give u amper pack, hmmmm collect am, na corporate gift be dat!
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by kufreabasi(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2011
nurabela:

If on the ground that you are doing your marriage and the ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend brought gift, you are free to collect but outside this, it is not adviseable to collect.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Finecat(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2011
The reason most women go back to their ex to collect money or gift is that they realize that they made a mistake and married the wrong person for the wrong reasons. Most women marry men based on what he has or can give at the present time NOT based on his potentials. Most women are so blind to the future and and also blind to the potentials that a man possess.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Pukkah: 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2011
Olayinkaoj:

I wont object to my wife collecting a gift from her ex because I know her level of commitment to our relationship.

Regardless of the reason for which the ex may be giving her the gift? Why allow someone move near a tempting situation when you can avoid it altogether?Human beings will continue to be humans.  Once you have started an action like this, you can never be absolutely certain of the outcome. While I won't go into how you 'know' her level of commitment, I think that it is better to 'believe' that someone can be trusted and then leave the remaining part to God.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Pennywise(m): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2011
@ OP.
Hell no. She must not accept. If she accepts, then she must declare it. An undeclared gift automatically becomes contraband in the home over which there may be sanction.

Neither should she ask! To some men, a request for assistance coming from a pretty girl is an instant turn on- unless you deliberately want to wake up old feelings or want him back to play a certain role in your new life
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by DanEmzo(m): 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
Dependin on the type of gift, Buy my wife undies?, dependin on type of the gift.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by ideylaff: 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2011
OKAFORS LAW must not be allowed to creep back into your Marriage,

NO gift, No text No BBM sef,
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2011
okafor's law is still very propound-able, so she can accept and have a re knack.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by emmatok(m): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
Finecat:

If her husband has money or gift to shower in the first place, she wouldn't be looking at the hands of her ex.

SO IF THE HUSBAND IS NOT SHOWERING ENOUGH GIFT, THE WIFE CAN START COLLECTING THE GIFT FROM HER EX shocked shocked shocked

I TIRE NO BE SMALL undecided undecided undecided undecided IS MARRIAGE ALL ABOUT COLLECTING GIFTS.

WELL ANY WOMAN COLLECTING GIFTS FROM HER EX. SHOULD BE ABLE READ THE HAND WRITING ON THE WALL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? / Does This Make Me A Polygamist / Whyme222's Wife's Response....nairalanders Be The Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.