Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Jos Burning Now! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Burning Now! (15724 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Burning Now! by ShangoThor(m): 12:11am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

That is a joke! I have followed your comments and I see your intentions (which are good) but its just not practicable. Okay, where do we draw the border? What defines who is igbo or who is qualified to be yoruba? For example, what if the ika man says he is not igbo and quite clearly to me, he is igbo. What would you do? The igbos are not willing to let their people go. Or what if the ijaws say they want to join Biafra? yet there are itsekiris between them and biafra . . .  It would be too complex and cumbersome to do.

Well Jason123 I acknowledge your opinion, however, I will never accept the mass butchering of babies as acceptable regarding collateral damage.
It will never be acceptable to me, and neither is it acceptable to the international community, and the position of inaction does accept this fact. It is a clearcut case. During the Slave Trade, there were also Africans arguing against stoping the Trade. My conscience dictates that I make as much noise as possible in order to effectively change the situation. [size=14pt]In the words of Edmund Burke - "The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"[/size]

The country has gone backwards, it has regressed since the 80's. Why Nigeria, commentators always talk about "arrested development", but
"regressive development", that is some crazy shi@t , why Nigeria? It's time for change.

[size=20pt]Ultimately, both of us are just stipulating our own opinions. I believe in the sovereignty of the people, so let the people decide in a
UN sponsored referendum.[/size]
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Akanbiedu(m): 12:14am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^
too late for preaching.

Onlytruth:

Posted by: Akanbi_edu
Let me help you understand some things.

I believe that the main job of the COAS is to protect or defend the state (not even the government) against enemies. In Nigeria, it is more like ensuring that there is no coup. If the COAS does that, his job is complete. cool
The army is not the police or the other security agencies whose job it is to keep law and order.
Gen Dambazau did not resign until Yar adua died because of this same reason.

Gen Ihejirika is not going anywhere because the life of the president, and the entire Nigerian state is in his hands. Gerrit now?

As for death of innocent folks in the middle belt, it is easy to see why it is happening. Nigeria's history is pretty young. Nemesis is a b&tch. But as a Christian, I would forgive them if they (as fellow Christians) ask us for forgiveness.
I would not offer forgiveness to anyone who does not ask, because the person would mistake it for weakness and foolishness. So the bloodbath continues.

As for your fears about a southern Nigeria where Muslims (like yourself) would be in the minority (hence your preference for the status quo), well, that is part of why Easterners may not want it either undecided undecided, because we may not want to continue having sizable number of Muslims in our new country. undecided For that to happen, they must gradually convert to Christianity or revert back to African religion. Both religions understand the sanctity of the human life.
There is something brutal and "Hobessian" about Islam.

There you have it.
Read my comment again,  i never asked for the COAS to be sacked. Just pointing out that in Yar's days many commentators on this forum were asking for Danbazzau and Maina to be sacked. Why they are not doing same now beats me. not me personally CALLING FOR SACK. geR IT NOW?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 30, 2011
sorry Matthew 26;39 reads as follows:

"AND HE WENT A LITTLE FARTHER AND FELL ON HIS FACE AND PRAYED"

'HE' above refers to Jesus
"
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 12:25am On Jan 30, 2011
This sums how I feel.

Re: Jos Burning Now! by MeGaStReEt: 12:38am On Jan 30, 2011
abubello:

sorry Matthew 26;39 reads as follows:

"AND HE WENT A LITTLE FARTHER AND FELL ON HIS FACE AND PRAYED"

'HE' above refers to Jesus
"

Is this the issue on ground now? phewwww
Re: Jos Burning Now! by matazzmagi(m): 12:42am On Jan 30, 2011
Nigeria is a fool's paradise, a jester's haven where members of the looting class use divine and spiritual paradigms to help perpetuate the poverty syndrome. In Northern Nigeria, the Emirate system creates a large poor class who accept their poverty as divine will of God. To this class of materially disadvantaged people, the Emir with his flock of cattle, companies and bank accounts, is the redeemer to whom they must flock to receive material relief from hunger in the case of jos the same thing keep going on and on for so many yrs  innocent souls spills on that land is too much they need to ask for forgiveness not to the victims but to GOD,
Re: Jos Burning Now! by busygirl(f): 12:43am On Jan 30, 2011
And I consider NIGERIA a FAILED state. If the all governors and president can do nothing up till now, then it has just proven that we have leaders with very very LOW IQ.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Kenezi: 12:47am On Jan 30, 2011
Anyone who has put their head on the ground is a muslim? Are you mad?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by alex101(m): 1:31am On Jan 30, 2011
[b][/b]@ Ezeuche and the rest of my Igbo brothers

I don't want us to see this as a religious conflict, for it is absolutely not. This in my opinion is more of ethnic problem. I emphasize ethnic because I don't want Ndigbo to make the mistake of the '60s. Remember the crisis of the old western region in which 5 patriotic majors thought their actions were going to be received nationally, but instead it turned out to be regarded as an "Igbo agenda" I know we (Ndigbo) share religious faith with berom people, but we must maintain neutrality. We are not their savior, afterall they have all their "brave generals" who can lead them to victory against the hausa/fulani.
We should only defend ourselves if under attack. I say these things not because I hate anybody, but because I love my own people first. The Nigeria of 1966 is very much alive in the Nigeria of 2011. He who has ears let him hear!

[b][/b]GOG BLESS!!!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by matazzmagi(m): 1:48am On Jan 30, 2011
@alex true talk,
Re: Jos Burning Now! by comechop(m): 1:49am On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

This sums how I feel.

Ok I dont agree with the pic at all but THAT WAS HILARIOUS!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by elrony(m): 2:49am On Jan 30, 2011
shitslam wana turn 9ja into vietnam, killin and maiming like em saddam, next thing is droppin bomb like afghan, i hate this mofukin exteremis

itz a pity dat some big gunz muslimz are using these illiterate,brainwashed maniacs to cause mayhem,

nigerian shitslam is pratically anoda practice, i pity the true muslimz,

wait o, wat the funk is the govt doin bout this?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:02am On Jan 30, 2011
My Igbo brothers, we must put this conflict into a religious context. That is what our dear ol Ojukwu failed to do with Biafra. If he only he put that conflict into a religious context, the outcome of that war would have been uncertain.

Making it into an ethnic conflict, will not bring anyone to our aid. But if we make it into a religious context, the West & the U.S. will likely join our cause.

This is the task we must do. For the future of Christendom in Nigeria.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by elrony(m): 3:07am On Jan 30, 2011
EzeUche_:

My Igbo brothers, we must put this conflict into a religious context. That is what our dear ol Ojukwu failed to do with Biafra. If he only he put that conflict into a religious context, the outcome of that war would have been uncertain.

Making it into an ethnic conflict, will not bring anyone to our aid. But if we make it into a religious context, the West & the U.S. will likely join our cause.

This is the task we must do. For the future of Christendom in Nigeria.

guy i dnt uderstand wat u mean, xplain a lil
Re: Jos Burning Now! by otokx(m): 3:18am On Jan 30, 2011
2 d guy that resign his job, safety first. Der is a media blackout on events in Jos.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:22am On Jan 30, 2011
Jos latest: 14 students shot, many killed, 20 houses burnt

Written by Isaac Shobayo and Christian Okeke
NO fewer than 14 students of the University Of Jos were shot in a protest by the students over the killing of one them on Friday, while several people were also killed on Saturday in a related protest by aggrieved people within the university community.

It will be recalled that one of the students was stabbed on Friday, close to the university main gate by a group of irate youths returning from a burial and this led to a protest by the students which attracted the attention of the Special Task Force (STF) men.

Sunday Tribune learnt that in the process of trying to curtail the unfortunate situation, the STF shot into the air and 14 students were hit by stray bullets and taken to the Bingham University Teaching Hospital for treatment.

http://tribunengrworld.com/jos-latest-14-students-shot-many-killed-20-houses-burnt-2653170.htm
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 3:34am On Jan 30, 2011
Re: Jos Burning Now! by tpia6: 3:37am On Jan 30, 2011
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:39am On Jan 30, 2011
tpia*:

goodluck jonathan where are you!!!!!!!!!

is he still in the country?

The man is trying to survive. You know he is walking a tightrope. He doesn't want to end up like Ironsi. The last Eastern leader we have had since GEJ.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by saintneo(m): 4:04am On Jan 30, 2011
tpia*:

@AU summit, threatening fire and brimstone on Gbagbo!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Blazing99: 6:06am On Jan 30, 2011
Jonathan supporters should use managing the ill situation of the Jos crisis as a litmus test of judging his performance. I'm beginning to think we have a president who is not performing. WTF soldiers shooting at students, if the Nigerian situation ever turns to that of Egypt, expect many dead cos our forkin police and soldiers would kill protesters like there was a war
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 30, 2011
Thanks to God almighty fo making me see the light of day again! Thanks to all those who prayed fo Jos during the nite, may the Lord Jesus Christ grant you abundant peace. Amen
Re: Jos Burning Now! by darqly(m): 7:11am On Jan 30, 2011
GEJ is a weak leader because he makes NO decisions at all. In all these days of violence this past week, he has not deemed it fit to address us 'ordinary' Nigerians, as his primary focus is the presidency. This crisis and the aftermath will definately claim his pubescent political career- My only fear is the cost in human lives.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:14am On Jan 30, 2011
tpia*:

Jonathan has given PDP incumbents a free ride in the primaries. Therefore, as a direct result more blood will be spilled as the likes of Governor Jang have convinced the masses that this political issue is religious in nature.

I watched an address whereby he claimed that Jesus Christ will rescue Plateau from these "murderers". Unless he can sit down and have a civil discussion with these so called "murderers" as he has punctually put it, this civil unrest will continue. We know what the problem is in Plateau. Why don't we proffer solutions like the intelligent human beings we are?

The sad part is that Jang will be re-elected governor of plateau as his main opposition is a women in Pauline Tallin. In a sexist Nigeria, I wish her all the best as we need to stop the killings on the Plateau (OBJ please rescue my beloved Plateau from further bloodshed, I beg you still get influence for Naija) . And all you supporters of Jang who believe he is paving roads and building infrastructure need to ask yourselves what good is that if you are not free to move peacefully?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jamace(m): 7:55am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^Why are you blaming Gov Jang for the lingering crises in Jos?
I know that you are very familiar with the background history of Jos crises, but to refreshen your mind to enable you re-appraise your stand, these crises emanated from the Hausa/Fulani quest to have Jos as their ancestral home (imagine that kind of silly claim by people who have lost their root). They lobbied IBB, during IBB military rulership of Nigeria to divide Jos LGA into Jos North and Jos South LGA and claimed that Jos South is for the indigenes. while Jos North is theirs (which kain animal sense be dat in another man’s land?)

Know it now that the FG under IBB caused the crises in Jos by dividing Jos into 2 for the interest of the Hausa/Fulani. Therefore it is only the FG that can resolve it.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by kafanchan: 8:11am On Jan 30, 2011
JosBoy4Lif:

Jonathan has given PDP incumbents a free ride in the primaries. Therefore, as a direct result more blood will be spilled as the likes of Governor Jang have convinced the masses that this political issue is religious in nature.

I watched an address whereby he claimed that Jesus Christ will rescue Plateau from these "murderers". Unless he can sit down and have a civil discussion with these so called "murderers" as he has punctually put it, this civil unrest will continue. We know what the problem is in Plateau. Why don't we proffer solutions like the intelligent human beings we are?

The sad part is that Jang will be re-elected governor of plateau as his main opposition is a women in Pauline Tallin. In a sexist Nigeria, I wish her all the best as we need to stop the killings on the Plateau (OBJ please rescue my beloved Plateau from further bloodshed, I beg you still get influence for Naija) . And all you supporters of Jang who believe he is paving roads and building infrastructure need to ask yourselves what good is that if you are not free to move peacefully?

U are a F.O.O.L, it is either you are one of the hausas that are using the military to kill innocent christians and other non- hausa muslim in Jos, or you are one of the greedy people that have lost out because of Jang's prudent way of spending government fund. Why will Jang negotiate with murderers, ehn? What excuse have u to take the lives of fellow citizens, what is it that they want that they cant tell the whole world (atleast militants in Niger delta did.) If they are truly marginalised, why cant they report Jang to the presidency, see Jos boy abi wetin u call urself, ur agony will still continue because Jang is going to be re elected as governor, and he will implement the Jos master plan that will drive your people from those areas belonging to UNIJOS that u occupied illegally.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:16am On Jan 30, 2011
R.I.P. to all those that died.

I think GEJ needs to forget the political implications and just come down on the Hausa-Fulani with full force.

That, plus scrap that Hausa-Fulani LG in Jos and set things back to how they were.

For all he knows, South + Middle Belt with no "Northern" support might be enough to win it. Forget Sambo.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by asha80(m): 8:17am On Jan 30, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

R.I.P. to all those that died.

I think GEJ needs to forget the political implications and just come down on the Hausa-Fulani with full force.

That, plus scrap that Hausa-Fulani LG in Jos and set things back to how they were.

For all he knows, South + Middle Belt with no "Northern" support might be enough to win it. Forget Sambo.

you are sure about that?
Re: Jos Burning Now! by jason123: 8:20am On Jan 30, 2011
asha 80:

you are sure about that?

He is very right.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:21am On Jan 30, 2011
If he campaigns in the middle belt hard enough, plus in the south, yeah it would give him the necessary states/numbers.

It's all on him.

a) Sit back and wait until after the election while people die and then do something.

b) Or be bold, do something costly now and make up for it later with double effort.

I don't see GEJ as the hero type, so I'm not getting my hopes up, though.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by asha80(m): 8:24am On Jan 30, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

If he campaigns in the middle belt hard enough, plus in the south, yeah it would give him the necessary states/numbers.

It's all on him.

a) Sit back and wait until after the election while people die and then do something.

b) Or be bold, do something costly now and make up for it later with double effort.

I don't see GEJ as the hero type, so I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

i do not think nigerians (especially those looking up to his presidentship) appreiciates that.nigerians have a weird way of reasoning you know.even if you dod things for their own benefit they will still condem you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Zamfara: Oshiomhole Faults Supreme Court, Says Judgement Imposes Total Strangers / Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections / Kogi Guber: Supreme Court Upholds Yahaya Bello's Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.