Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,389 members, 7,839,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Jos Burning Now! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Burning Now! (15781 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Burning Now! by 13volts(m): 8:28am On Jan 30, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

If he campaigns in the middle belt hard enough, plus in the south, yeah it would give him the necessary states/numbers.

It's all on him.

a) Sit back and wait until after the election while people die and then do something.

b) Or be bold, do something costly now and make up for it later with double effort.

I don't see GEJ as the hero type, so I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

just hope he does the right thing
Re: Jos Burning Now! by EMANY01(m): 8:30am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^^^
I am not a Jonathan "supporter" but  Cote de voiur  is a side show there will be no war or airstrikes or special forces penetration why because we Nigeria and by extension West Africa dont have that capability. He is posturing  because that is all he can do.When Ecomong interverned in Liberia and Serria Lone we didnt ask permision from the UN we just did it.Asking  for permision is a bluff and he knows  that.
@tipia*
On the other hand back u have a section of the country that had dominated the country for almost as long as the country existed whose grip of power was loosnd substantially by the Ota General (mostly reviled by his people because he didnt turn around to hand the country to them) but when the sick man got into power his people realised it was their chance to return things to status quo it didnt work before they had revesed most of the progress his body gave way clearing the way for Goody to ascend to power.
The north is in a state of controlled panic reason being that  if Goodygoogy  retains that seat come May, he will be there for a long time (8 years ish) by the end of which Nigeria as they know it would be gone their domination history .With the "minorities on whose backs their domination was built (civil war any one ?) now woken from their trance it has become inperative that they reclaim power and make modifications before the semi-formal political and economic restructuring becomes set in stone over the next decade (if Nigeria survives) when that happens it would take a northern based millitary dictatorship to revese things (i doubt if that were possible) hence any  or in action of the president will play right into their hands .It is painfull to admit  but the crisis in Jos is any thing but spontaneous and poor Johny  has to use the security infrastucture designed and configured by them for them what result do you expect ?
If Obj had not substancially trimnd  their influence in the security service the people of Jos would have been "pacified" by now.Go figure
Re: Jos Burning Now! by kafanchan: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2011
jamace:

^^^Why are you blaming Gov Jang for the lingering crises in Jos?
I know that you are very familiar with the background history of Jos crises, but to refreshen your mind to enable you re-appraise your stand,  these crises emanated from the Hausa/Fulani quest to have Jos  as their ancestral home (imagine that kind of silly claim by people who have lost their root). They lobbied IBB, during IBB military rulership of Nigeria to divide Jos LGA into Jos North and Jos South LGA and claimed that Jos South is for the indigenes. while Jos North is theirs (which kain animal sense be dat in another man’s land?)

Know it now that the FG under IBB caused the crises in Jos by dividing Jos into 2 for the interest of the Hausa/Fulani. Therefore it is only the FG that can resolve it.

See person wey get sense, thank you jare. The hausas (they are not the majority for that matter) want to be controlling Plateau state,but because Jang will not allow them, they start killing anybody that is not hausa, including some unfortunate yoruba muslims so as to make the state ungovernable for him and  create state of emergency. And that f.o.o.l is saying Jang should negotiate, negotiate with who? terrorist?, no way. Jang is protecting the heritage of his people, so that what happened in Gombe, Nassarawa, Adamawa will not happen to Plateau. The mentioned states are traditionally non hausas, but na hausas dey rule them now. It is the Jonathan responsibility to tell those hausa B*stard to leave Jos for the biroms and co. It is Jonathan responsiblity to change Hassan Umaru, the head of special task force in Jos, because his soldiers are being used  to kill the non hausas; except Jonathan himself is in support of the Jos killings, then if he is, the God that killed Abacha and Yaradua will kill him.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:37am On Jan 30, 2011
asha 80:

i do not think nigerians (especially those looking up to his presidentship) appreiciates that.nigerians have a weird way of reasoning you know.even if you dod things for their own benefit they will still condem you.

You might be right.

They (Middle Belters) could somehow see a full scale military intervention and a correction of the Hausanization of Jos as GEJ interrupting their daily lives more (with a temporary police state) and making daily life more unbearable, even if more secure. They could also see it as promoting ethnic division or trying to weaken the "whole" North through divide and conquer tactics (some still prefer Hausa-Fulani to southerners, see JosBoy4Life or DRANOEL on this board for an example) and would react against Jonathan's moves without really thinking about what's in their best interest and then express these sentiments in votes or through politicians.

The risk of his actions being misinterpreted is indeed there. That might be the key thing keeping him from doing anything now.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Kinikini: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2011
a sad one happening in jos
Re: Jos Burning Now! by calaway: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2011
@ Tsiya:It amounts to abject naivety to posit that people who are willing to kill innocent newborn babies and harmless women that are not even related to their enemies play by the rules, and stupidity to think that the murdering negotiators will settle for anything less than the restoration of the reasons for their grievance in the first place, and outrightly Idiotic to believe it possible to negotiate any bodies right to self leadership. No body can force his fellow man to yield to his wish of domination by welding terror as ally especially if this spells injustice, even if this domination is intended to be partial and gentle.
If you can pull ur head out of that smelly orifice of urs and perceive the fresh air maybe u will think better and get your facts straight and understanding right.
The crisis in jos started in the early 90's about 20yrs ago and not 10 as u wish to lead us to believe, you see this was when the Hausa/fulani started to loose their hold on the state. There is only a limit to what governt can do. Govt had declared a state of emergency in Jos in 2001 but this did not put a stop to the murderers on thier wicked spree cos their desires are not yet manifested (If you cant have it spoil it).
Providing Justice for the Hausa in Plateau means to give them authority over the indigenes, and this is not acceptable to the indigenes who want the right to self determination, and will resist this move by all means.
Nobody will lay back and just get screwed ,not even you. Govt cannot force the owners of plateau to play second fiddle or share their fiddle with Igbo, yoruba or Hausa for that matter. Let the fate of plateau state be determined by the Indigenes of the state.
Let me paint a pic 4 u.Solomon was a wise man in the Bible, Torah and Quran, Two ladies fought over ownership of a human baby and the came before him for justice when prompted one lady said the baby could be divided into 2 and each half given to both waring parties but the other lady said rather than cut up and kill the child the baby could be given to her opponent. This act shows even a slowpoke like you that one lady is the true mother and the other is just a killer who wants her way or death to everything. Now tell me, how can you satisfy the wicked woman that does not mind the baby dying? Those causing this problems in Jos know very well what the are trying to achieve.
To say that the Huasa dnt know why they are killing is folly on your part also to postulate that the Christians do not know why they are fighting is ignorant thinking. The christians in jos are always ready to tow the path of peace and reconciliation but the Hausa muslims without provocation will unleash terror shedding blood and taking life, Always the christains are forced to defend themselves, then the likes of you will say there is crisis in Jos instead of saying "this Hausa must be cautioned". Last week when 18 women and babies where killed in a local governmt in Jos the Pollice commissioner Abdul, issued a statement that the killing of these babies and women was in retaliation for the theft of 100cows. How can you think that people who equate human life with cows are reasonable and justice serving? The present govt has inherited a bad, biased security strcture which they must reform if peace and justice is to be enforced. Rember that the security personel deployed to maintain peace also kill babies and women when nobody is watching.
We must make do with the much we can get if complete peace cannot be retored in Jos due to security lapses. The process of daily living must be encouraged until such a time normalcy can be enforced. The electorate must get their shot at self determination. You dont think that the disgruntled Hausa/fulani will allow plateau state An atmosphere that is conducive for registration, normal business activities and life if it will give the Plateau indigene a chance to selve determination do u? Lets get real and place the blame at the right doorstep. People are Dying stop talk politics and condemn the Impunity of the Hausa.

Right b4 us another sequence of hausa impunity is played out in the person of JEGA and I dont see you stirring up the waters now, I gues you are waiting for the dawn of total failure to place the blame on Govt(JEG). We know that Never in the History of Nigeria has any electoral umpire been given all the funding as requested but this was the case with Jega. and yet he failed to give basic training to the field workers, even now he is boldly asking for more oil money to help him capture ten finger prints for each eligible voter or else the exercise will not succeed. we all know that no two individuals have identical thumb prints so why not allow the process continue as it is instead of creating avenues for chopping money. Th sad part is that the entire populace Nigerians go along with him cos he is Hausa instead of challenging the rational behind the new procedure (He will soon ask for toeprints or even pic of the back of Nigerian heads as a basis for more wood for the fire). There is no patriotism in these people imagine this former VC of Bayero University openly threatened to resign from INEC, If he perceives any pressure from Govt(He made this statement on Hausa service of BBC). How convenient he has collected his share so let is spoil who cares. This culture of impunity by the Huasa/fulani must be address by exposing, resisting and dismantling the basis of the unnatural positioning. The like of you must stop asking other Nigerians to strike a balance by rolling over to get screwed in the interest of peace. This contry belongs to every one if we must be in it.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by monkeyleg: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2011
Nigerians should stopm kidding themselves, and face up to the real Issues. Nigeria as a single country has finally come to a stop.

The sooner this country is broken up, the better for everyone.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by maclatunji: 10:00am On Jan 30, 2011
I am sure all of these people shouting they hate Islam have either being to Dubai or would rush there if given the opportunity. I wonder where that hate goes to when they board those planes? All over the world people have the capacity to commit terrible crimes, What prevents most of them is the deterrent measures implemented by the state. So what has the very christian, smart, unhausafulanilike President of Nigeria done to curb these people you seek to demean so much? Bear in mind that he is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Also consider this: if I claim to be better and smarter than someone and he keeps on beating to the position of power, what does that make me? For how long have the people you call cattle rearers ruled this country since independence despite the fact that they are the ones that are least-assimilated into the colonialist culture. I submit here that some people here do not have a quarter of the intelligence they will like to ascribe to themselves.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by namfav(m): 10:11am On Jan 30, 2011
life in nigeria has no value, i have never been proud to be part of this nation, absolutely never, we need to divide, things can only get worse they will never get better, if it means going to a war, there is absolutely no other choice to stop this meaningless mess in this country, everything has failed
Re: Jos Burning Now! by calaway: 10:18am On Jan 30, 2011
@ Namfav,

Why do you insist of blaming the system? The failure you see is the workings of a group. Condemning this group even if you are one of them will be a good start, and we can all build a better equitable nation. In the event of a breakup in Nigeria there will be no war as far as the s/w,s/s,s/e,n/c is concerned the only resistance and war will come from the rest who don t want this regardless of what the say here. Stop the crying for war instead call for a referendum. Calling for war is indirectly inviting Military rule which is what the bad group is working tirelessly for. UNLESS U ARE THEIR AGENT.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by calaway: 10:19am On Jan 30, 2011
@ Namfav,

Why do you insist on blaming the system and Govt? The failure you see is the workings of a group. Condemning this group even if you are one of them will be a good start, and we can all build a better equitable nation. In the event of a breakup in Nigeria there will be no war as far as the s/w,s/s,s/e,n/c is concerned the only resistance and war will come from the rest who don t want this regardless of what the say here. Stop the crying for war instead call for a referendum. Calling for war is indirectly inviting Military rule which is what the bad group is working tirelessly for. UNLESS U ARE THEIR AGENT.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by chao: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2011
this is the message they get from their imams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4QOfVsPLfE&feature=related
Re: Jos Burning Now! by gwas(m): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
that town is cursed!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by hectorswag(m): 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2011
plenty talk undecided like its workin we need action in this country- [size=14pt]it speaks louder than words!![/size]
Re: Jos Burning Now! by dextype: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2011
i pray for divine intervention!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by no1madman(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2011
Just my 2 cents,i don't think every muslim is bad. . .(met some nice ones)
D extremists r d problem . .a small few ruin d fun 4 everybody.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by gurutype1: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2011
Fellow

I was once base in Jos but no more.

Those of you that were there before will agree with me that the only way to peace in that state is to remove that idi*t governor that looks like a frog.

He always claim that that he has no power over security but let me ask what about other state that live in peace. Do they have control over their security?

He had to shown himself as eader to a tribe not people.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by queensmith: 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2011
'pray for the peace of Jerusalem'

its really sad that innocent people have to die

GEJ should hang it up- hes a useless president
Re: Jos Burning Now! by ddcmachine: 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2011
The violence in the north is an handwriting on the wall which simply means that as a s.southerner is definitely going to win the April polls as president, there's the need for violence to stimulate the military to take over which may favor them. God forbid that the military takes over!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by monkeyleg: 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2011
Forget it, the millitary cannot take over in Nigeria
Re: Jos Burning Now! by udezue(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2011
Hey Josboy and the rest of the resident middlebeltmorons how are the Hausa-Fulani treating ya? LOL!! Tell me what their arses taste like. I only blame Jang because he is not militant enough to galvanize his own people and supply them enough security and even weapons to defend themselves against those bloodthirsty Fulani settlers. I'm mad that Igbos, easterners and Southerners have to fall victims to the mess that Middlebelt ppl created for themselves. How can a ppl be this stuupid and give so much to Hausa settlers who have nothing in common with them and now want a reverse? You should have used ur heads so many years ago.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Ugba1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2011
The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State, so they can form their perfect society.

I doubt that there would any main objections to achieveing this goal by the other regions in Nigeria. The scenario that exist now is synonymous to the phrase "you can't have your cake and eat it too".

We south south will welcome this. Give the NORTH autonomy. They can go for all i care. We are not one nation anyway. Power taken away for awhile and their centre can't hold. Uncle Joe pls let them go!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Limaoscar: 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2011
I only hope this will lead to the balkanization of this sick country, but it will not.

Yep you're right. it will NOT!!!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2011
Quitely leaves thread, Wondering why every thread has to turn into a place where every nonchalant idiot can just spit fire and ish.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by ddcmachine: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2011
@ugba1, exactly and the worse aspect of this rubbish is that they are so introvertic that the cause(s) of this north's violence is not known. Let's go
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Righton: 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
calaway:

. Last week when 18 women and babies where killed in a local governmt in Jos the Pollice commissioner Abdul,   issued a statement that the killing of these babies and women was in retaliation for the theft of 100cows. How can you think that people who equate human life with cows are reasonable and justice serving?  
You dont think that the disgruntled Hausa/fulani will allow plateau state An atmosphere that is conducive for registration, normal business activities and life if it will give the Plateau indigene a chance to selve determination do u? Lets get real and place the blame at the right doorstep. People are Dying stop talk politics and condemn the Impunity of the Hausa.

Right b4 us another sequence of hausa impunity is played out in the person of JEGA and I dont see you stirring up the waters now, I gues you are waiting for the dawn of total failure to place the blame on Govt(JEG). We know that Never in the History of Nigeria has any electoral umpire been given all the funding as requested but this was the case with Jega. and yet he failed to give basic training to the field workers, even now he is boldly asking for more oil money to help him capture ten finger prints for each eligible voter or else the exercise will not succeed. we all know that no two individuals have identical thumb prints so why not allow the process continue as it is instead of creating avenues for chopping money. Th sad part is that the entire populace Nigerians go along with him cos he is Hausa instead of challenging the rational behind the new procedure (He will soon ask for toeprints or even pic of the back of Nigerian heads as a basis for more wood for the fire). There is no patriotism in these people imagine this former VC of Bayero University openly threatened to resign from INEC, If he  perceives any pressure from Govt(He made this statement on Hausa service of BBC).  How convenient he has collected his share so let is spoil who cares. This culture of impunity by the Huasa/fulani must be address by exposing, resisting and dismantling the basis of the unnatural positioning. The like of you must stop asking other Nigerians to strike a balance by rolling over to get screwed in the interest of peace. This contry belongs to every one if we must be in it.
A lot of clever but UNTRUE arguments. People fight over several things - insult, women, resources etc. In the present situation in Jos, if the Hausas steal anything belonging to the Beroms, the Beroms will arrange to recover it. So going after those cows is to be expected. You cannot take another person's means of livelihood and expect to keep it without the owner doing anything about it. And will the hausas seek to recover those cows without carrying arms. Even in the best of times, nobody will do that let alone a time of war when you are going into enemy's territory

Condemning only the Hausas will serve no useful purpose at this stage. There are now silent killings everywhere. Ibos are sending their wives and children home already. The commander of STF has been a victim
http://www.burningpot.com/frontpage/2246-jos-wife-of-task-force-commander-murdered

You will notice that the idea of hiding corpses is modus operandi of the christians. It was first noticed in a year ago
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/33671/1/Jos-crisis-150-corpses-found-in-village-wells/Page1.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/01/23/us-nigeria-clashes-idUSTRE60M0RR20100123

Turning to Jega. You are certainly biased. Jega was appointed in a rush after the Americans forced Jonathan to sack Iwu. Of course Jega has got the money he wanted. Let us not forget that ordering that large number of DDC machines within a narrow time window put INEC at the mercy of the suppliers. If they fail, Jega is done for. And we know that Avante has defaulted.

We are still in January when the registration should have ended, yet the machine came into this country this month. Let us assume that  they came in by 1st week of January, INEC had only 1 week to train those guys before deploying them by 15 of January. This is not just about money

Let me tell you another thing about the problem INEC is facing. They could not do any redelineation of centres. They simply adopted the centres inherited from Iwu. So you find people in built up areas having more machines than newly developing areas. You can register in Yaba in minutes but not so in Ogijo - a suburb of Ikorodu.  
People have been lenient with Jega because of his pedigree not because he is Hausa. Afterall, you guys keep calling his fellow northerners Atiku, IBB thieves forgetting that have done their bit too in damaging this economy.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Righton: 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2011
ddc machine:

The violence in the north is an handwriting on the wall which simply means that as a s.southerner is definitely going to win the April polls as president, there's the need for violence to stimulate the military to take over which may favor them. God forbid that the military takes over!
There was a state of emergency in Jos when Obasanjo was President! Boko Haram first took on the Nigerian state under Yaradua. Tell another lie.

Limaoscar:

Yep you're right. it will NOT!!!
Blakanisation! Forget it. My own person must rule over the entire 6 GPZ before any breakup!
Re: Jos Burning Now! by denitro(m): 5:35pm On Jan 30, 2011
Jos again
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nsiman(m): 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2011
I learnt the unijos management is considering closing till further notice. Let divide this country or the southerners shld return home or go elsewhere in the south lets knw there's no integration in nigeria
Re: Jos Burning Now! by Nsiman(m): 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2011
I learnt the unijos management is considering closing till further notice. Let divide this country or the southerners shld return home or go elsewhere in the south lets knw there's no integration in nigeria
Re: Jos Burning Now! by sulad82i(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2011
With all the uproar in Jos, Nigerian government needs to military personnel patrolling the state in order to control this madness. Without proper intervention and government control, the underlying beef will never end. But then, come to think of it, Nigeria does not have good representative and no leader in GEJ cos that President is just a figurehead and nothing more.
Re: Jos Burning Now! by calaway: 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2011
@ righton :  You are  one of the reasons the crisis in Jos still lingers lies beget negative manifestation. First of all I am disappointing that you walk the path of the of those that Kill babies and women in retaliation for 100 cows that where stolen. FYI this is the story the Police commissioner came up with to justify an attack on helpless villagers by Hausa killers escorted by soldiers of the Nigerian Army while the unsuspecting villagers slept. I believe that you are from the north and you more than any other blogger here must know that to rustle even 20cows is a herculean task for even 20 non fulani cattle thieves.  Unless the thieves brougth bicycles for each cow to quickly ride away with them, cows move very slowly and will not get far before the thieves are caught up with (100cows haha very likly).  Even the alleged Fulani owner of the said cows was not harmed so why must they go to kill women and children babies in place of cows? Ur group must really think very little of human life or is it christian life. Believe me you are not sounding civilized sympathizing with baby killers. Please correct you notion about the situation in Jos, There is no war raging there are only attacks by Hausa on Villages, Travellers, Students,Children,women,igbos,yorubas,tiv,idoma,calbar,igala, etc and Christians defending themselve against these attacks and of course advanceing in the course of defense sometimes. Tell me of any time there has been a breach of peace in Jos that did not originate from th Hausa baby killers quarters. Even savage warlords have rules of engagment, babies,women and strangers are never dragged into a war if ever there is one. Have you ever heard that Hausa women or Children where killed in any christain defence? Look call a spade a spade and let us take positive steps
towards peaceful living.
I have never been in favor of killing any human being but we all know that if left unchecks these Hausa killers will kill every soul until their authority is not challenged or their objective attained. You r not helping matters too. Ask them to stop the killing and give peace a chance and stop dragging the Hausa tribe in disrepute. You can fool some people sometimes but not all the time.

Jega has pedigree as far as you know or want to believe but ask you self what sort a person would forget the aspirations of 150mlln pips
thrusted upon his shoulders (dont talk about all the money given him) and selfisly say to the hearing of the world that if he is exposed to any pressure he will resign the sensitive office at this crucial time. (in otherwords I got Nigeria by the balls).Good pedigree by ur standards.

My friend get real your not the only smart poeple in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rochas Declares 2-Weeks Christmas Holiday In Imo / Northwest Demands Lion Share Of Revenue Allocation To States, LGAs / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.