Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1319 Views)

16-year-old Student Pilot Flies Medical Supplies To Rural Hospitals In Virginia / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
Re: . by fringz11(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Foul play somewhere
Re: . by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
OkpaAkuEriEri:
?Afonjaaaa n awoof..awoof HV run ur belle.
Y did u borned wtout clearn u bill

Clearly you didn't read the story. Mufu!
Re: . by EgunMogaji2: 12:26am On Jun 28, 2020
The following is simply a hunch. But it’s a hunch based on knowing how things work in the USA.

Without the shadow of any doubt, the hospital applied for and received government aid on behalf of the USC child.

There are two discounts at play. The upfront cash discount and the backend government discount.

Hire a medical billing company in the USA to audit your child records.

You’ll be amazed at the result.

I retired in Healthcare Information Technology. Part of my teams task is solving request from other managers such as “please provide us with a list of newborns without full pay”. Your child’s account will show up on the list. It’ll require additional work to sort out the why and who by whom ever is using the report.

USA SSN is nearly omnipotent grin

1 Like

Re: . by Theyoungmatron: 6:03am On Jun 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
The following is simply a hunch. But it’s a hunch based on knowing how things work in the USA.

Without the shadow of any doubt, the hospital applied for and received government aid on behalf of the USC child.

There are two discounts at play. The upfront cash discount and the backend government discount.

I retired in Healthcare Information Technology. Part of my teams task is solving request from other managers such as “please provide us with a list of newborns without full pay”. Your child’s account will show up on the list. It’ll require additional work to sort out the why and who by whom ever is using the report.

Are they not being fraudulent with their dealings, if this is what truly transpire?

1 Like

Re: . by EgunMogaji2: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Theyoungmatron:
Are they not being fraudulent with their dealings, if this is what truly transpire?

Absolutely.

When my then mother in law visited us in the USA I made sure she didn’t give her real identity at a clinic I took her to.

It’s more common than most people know.
Re: . by CoronaVirusPro: 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You said it all!

2 Likes

Re: . by AfonjaBoston: 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
olusucre:
Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all! Guys, please read the story below and comment with what your thoughts:

''My name is Adeyemi and my wife and I had our baby at the OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE, TEXAS, USA in February 2016.

I am writing to you today, concerning a subject that has affected a great number of us and a great number of our loved ones.

Today, we need to take a BOLD step towards a journey that may positively impact our lives and the lives of thousands of Nigerian families who have been treated unfairly and dare I say, those of us who have experienced emotional and financial trauma in the last few months.

Before I go into details, I would like to state that the true offender is the US CONSULATE in Nigeria. They have punished thousands of Nigerian families for a crime we didn't even know was being committed. And they will continue to punish us and thousands of Nigerian families if nothing is done. It is one thing to punish people for a crime they didn't even know they committed, it is another thing entirely to collect money from them in the process, knowing that you are undoubtedly going to punish them. This is the BLM era and ALL injustice to minorities must be addressed.

How many of you (or families close to you) recently went to the US CONSULATE in Nigeria for a visa interview, paid the 62,400 Naira, only for you to be told that your hospital OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE (or other), issued you up to 75% discount that you weren't qualified for?

How many of you have been told recently that your hospital used taxpayers money to pay for the said discount?

How many of you, like me, reached out to your hospital and they confirmed that the discount was not due to any medical insurance or charity but simply because you paid CASH UPFRONT and early, so you were entitled to the discount, yet the US CONSULATE still denied you a visa. Adding that, "Your hospital is notorious for giving unqualified discounts" and that the money for the discounts was ACTUALLY paid with US Taxpayers fund and therefore won't be issuing you the Visa.

Are you, like me wondering if your hospital knowingly encouraged you to pay early so, they could get funds quickly and STILL claim insurance on your so-called discount?

Are you, like me seeking justice for a seeming 'Personal Travel Ban' that could affect so many opportunities open to you in the future? You can't go for industry-related conferences in the US, you can't attend family functions in the US, you can't create memorable experiences with your children in the US? All because the US CONSULATE is punishing you for a crime that OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE allegedly committed?

Do our lives not matter or does the US CONSULATE only care about the visa application fees?

On a personal note, I had NOT applied to accompany my children in the current evacuation exercise being carried out by US embassy. It was only my wife who did. She was called for an interview over a month ago but was denied on the ground that her hospital, OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE wrote $10,000 off her detailed bill and that amount was paid by US taxpayers funds. We wrote to the hospital immediately and received a reply by OAKBEND stating categorically that the discount was NOT due to any medical insurance nor was it from any charity but only due to Upfront CASH payment made by us. We forwarded same to Lagos NIV email of the US CONSULATE, requesting for a REVIEW and new an interview but we were denied and shut down.

To my surprise, last Friday 19, June, I received an invite for a US visa interview for Thursday 25, June (Today), after REVIEWING my situation - a part of me felt it was because of the email we sent to Lagos NIV and another part of me suspected it was a revenue-generating drive by the US CONSULATE where they had simply targeted parents of US citizens to come for visa interviews in the pandemic era - knowing they will come and also knowing they will likely be denied. A few other people said they also received the 'random email' that same Friday night. I hesitated a bit but decided to go in the end. Coming up with the visa fee was not easy. But knowing that I had OAKBENDS confirmation or affirmation and my zero balance statement on hand - should that come up again, I decided to go.

I got to the embassy this morning (25, June 2020) and after STANDING for 3 hours from 8am to 11am, all 40 odd applicants of us, consisting of pregnant women and infant children were denied. A number of us on the basis that we had children in the US and received discounts we did quality for paid by US taxpayers funds. The lady just before me was asked to come back with a letter from the Hospital explaining the discounts she received and a detailed statement of her hospital fees. I bravely walked up when it was my turn as I had EXACTLY these two things and more on hand. To my surprise, I was still denied and was told that the hospital explanation of my discount was false. The interviewer stated that the discount was ACTUALLY paid by medical aid. So, who is lying? US CONSULATE in Nigeria or OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE in TEXAS, USA?

What is weird is that it is these same children that we were invited for Visa interviews in order to accompany them safely in the US that they are denying us based on. Something is not right.

The US CONSULATE in Nigeria is up to something and we must find out what it is.

If OAKBEND truly deceived us into paying early and claimed insurance on our discounts knowing that some foreigners never pay their full bills anyway and figuring out that it might be better and faster to claim it from the government while giving us only a little to pay out of it, then we must be informed.

If the US CONSULATE is defaming OAKBEND by telling Nigerians that OAKBEND gave them an unqualified and illegal discount, which has now affected their finances (paying repeatedly for visas they are unlikely to get), during a Global Pandemic with recession looming, affected their families, now unable to create holiday memories with their US born children in the US, then OAKBEND has to hold the US CONSULATE In Nigeria accountable.

Survey:
Please fill the Google Form below if you are a traumatized OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE patient with a seeming Travel Ban to the US. We need families who paid the OAKBEND offered a discount and were subsequently denied visas by the US CONSULATE in Nigeria based for this reason to indicate so we can know just how many families are affected by this unfortunate tussle between the two bodies.

Fill the form if you fall into this category or share the link if you know anyone who does. We can make a change because our lives matter! (re-type the link in your browser)

b i t . l y /oakbendsurvey

Oga so what exactly do you need?
Ignorance is not an excuse when it comes to the law.
They dont want you in their country, they have given you reason(s) , visa is a privilege not a right.

Your children are Americans so what? That's what happens when you feel entitled. They have the right to stay in the USA you don't.

Get yourself together this campaign is a waste of time and will yield zero results. If you really want them to even listen to you, pay that discount gbese you chopped back.

That in itself is not a guarantee and quit playing the race card with that BLM crap

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
olusucre:
Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all! Guys, please read the story below and comment with what your thoughts:

''My name is Adeyemi and my wife and I had our baby at the OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE, TEXAS, USA in February 2016.

I am writing to you today, concerning a subject that has affected a great number of us and a great number of our loved ones.

Today, we need to take a BOLD step towards a journey that may positively impact our lives and the lives of thousands of Nigerian families who have been treated unfairly and dare I say, those of us who have experienced emotional and financial trauma in the last few months.

Before I go into details, I would like to state that the true offender is the US CONSULATE in Nigeria. They have punished thousands of Nigerian families for a crime we didn't even know was being committed. And they will continue to punish us and thousands of Nigerian families if nothing is done. It is one thing to punish people for a crime they didn't even know they committed, it is another thing entirely to collect money from them in the process, knowing that you are undoubtedly going to punish them. This is the BLM era and ALL injustice to minorities must be addressed.

How many of you (or families close to you) recently went to the US CONSULATE in Nigeria for a visa interview, paid the 62,400 Naira, only for you to be told that your hospital OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE (or other), issued you up to 75% discount that you weren't qualified for?

How many of you have been told recently that your hospital used taxpayers money to pay for the said discount?

How many of you, like me, reached out to your hospital and they confirmed that the discount was not due to any medical insurance or charity but simply because you paid CASH UPFRONT and early, so you were entitled to the discount, yet the US CONSULATE still denied you a visa. Adding that, "Your hospital is notorious for giving unqualified discounts" and that the money for the discounts was ACTUALLY paid with US Taxpayers fund and therefore won't be issuing you the Visa.

Are you, like me wondering if your hospital knowingly encouraged you to pay early so, they could get funds quickly and STILL claim insurance on your so-called discount?

Are you, like me seeking justice for a seeming 'Personal Travel Ban' that could affect so many opportunities open to you in the future? You can't go for industry-related conferences in the US, you can't attend family functions in the US, you can't create memorable experiences with your children in the US? All because the US CONSULATE is punishing you for a crime that OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE allegedly committed?

Do our lives not matter or does the US CONSULATE only care about the visa application fees?

On a personal note, I had NOT applied to accompany my children in the current evacuation exercise being carried out by US embassy. It was only my wife who did. She was called for an interview over a month ago but was denied on the ground that her hospital, OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE wrote $10,000 off her detailed bill and that amount was paid by US taxpayers funds. We wrote to the hospital immediately and received a reply by OAKBEND stating categorically that the discount was NOT due to any medical insurance nor was it from any charity but only due to Upfront CASH payment made by us. We forwarded same to Lagos NIV email of the US CONSULATE, requesting for a REVIEW and new an interview but we were denied and shut down.

To my surprise, last Friday 19, June, I received an invite for a US visa interview for Thursday 25, June (Today), after REVIEWING my situation - a part of me felt it was because of the email we sent to Lagos NIV and another part of me suspected it was a revenue-generating drive by the US CONSULATE where they had simply targeted parents of US citizens to come for visa interviews in the pandemic era - knowing they will come and also knowing they will likely be denied. A few other people said they also received the 'random email' that same Friday night. I hesitated a bit but decided to go in the end. Coming up with the visa fee was not easy. But knowing that I had OAKBENDS confirmation or affirmation and my zero balance statement on hand - should that come up again, I decided to go.

I got to the embassy this morning (25, June 2020) and after STANDING for 3 hours from 8am to 11am, all 40 odd applicants of us, consisting of pregnant women and infant children were denied. A number of us on the basis that we had children in the US and received discounts we did quality for paid by US taxpayers funds. The lady just before me was asked to come back with a letter from the Hospital explaining the discounts she received and a detailed statement of her hospital fees. I bravely walked up when it was my turn as I had EXACTLY these two things and more on hand. To my surprise, I was still denied and was told that the hospital explanation of my discount was false. The interviewer stated that the discount was ACTUALLY paid by medical aid. So, who is lying? US CONSULATE in Nigeria or OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE in TEXAS, USA?

What is weird is that it is these same children that we were invited for Visa interviews in order to accompany them safely in the US that they are denying us based on. Something is not right.

The US CONSULATE in Nigeria is up to something and we must find out what it is.

If OAKBEND truly deceived us into paying early and claimed insurance on our discounts knowing that some foreigners never pay their full bills anyway and figuring out that it might be better and faster to claim it from the government while giving us only a little to pay out of it, then we must be informed.

If the US CONSULATE is defaming OAKBEND by telling Nigerians that OAKBEND gave them an unqualified and illegal discount, which has now affected their finances (paying repeatedly for visas they are unlikely to get), during a Global Pandemic with recession looming, affected their families, now unable to create holiday memories with their US born children in the US, then OAKBEND has to hold the US CONSULATE In Nigeria accountable.

Survey:
Please fill the Google Form below if you are a traumatized OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTRE patient with a seeming Travel Ban to the US. We need families who paid the OAKBEND offered a discount and were subsequently denied visas by the US CONSULATE in Nigeria based for this reason to indicate so we can know just how many families are affected by this unfortunate tussle between the two bodies.

Fill the form if you fall into this category or share the link if you know anyone who does. We can make a change because our lives matter! (re-type the link in your browser)

b i t . l y /oakbendsurvey
LOL!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing how coward are Nigerians to claim their right in their own country yet attacking US just because we have more freedom. As it was mentioned, US Visa is a privilege, not your right. Become an American citizen, pay your taxes and you will have the right to claim. Until now you are nobody in America or US embassy even with your babies born in US. Our law, freedom and all is based on a hard work of all Americans, paying taxes and building our country strong. Guests, visitors like you, have NO VOTE in OUR country. So brave you are accusing US embassy, lol! Why not claiming YOUR rights in YOUR country? Ask your own government to make Nigeria better and to have a free visa agreement, etc.
All YOUR claims, do it in YOUR own country. You have NO right to claim anything in America. You don't like the way we are, do NOT come.

1 Like

Re: . by CoronaVirusPro: 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
SmartKitty:

LOL!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing how coward are Nigerians to claim their right in their own country yet attacking US just because we have more freedom. As it was mentioned, US Visa is a privilege, not your right. Become an American citizen, pay your taxes and you will have the right to claim. Until now you are nobody in America or US embassy even with your babies born in US. Our law, freedom and all is based on a hard work of all Americans, paying taxes and building our country strong. Guests, visitors like you, have NO VOTE in OUR country. So brave you are accusing US embassy, lol! Why not claiming YOUR rights in YOUR country? Ask your own government to make Nigeria better and to have a free visa agreement, etc.
All YOUR claims, do it in YOUR own country. You have NO right to claim anything in America. You don't like the way we are, do NOT come.

You could make a point without being harsh.

Look @ how EgunMogaji brilliantly dissected complains without aggressiveness.

You will always be addressed as a Nigerian before being addressed as an American. That you cant erase.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

You could make a point without being harsh.

Look @ how EgunMogaji brilliantly dissected complains without aggressiveness.

You will always be addressed as a Nigerian before being addressed as an American. That you cant erase.

I am NOT a Nigerian, never was and never will be and my education and experience is the way I am.
Nigerians like to hear sweet words, too much sugar gives you diabetes and makes you blind. Sometimes people needs a bitter truth.
Re: . by CoronaVirusPro: 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
SmartKitty:

I am NOT a Nigerian, never was and never will be and my education and experience is the way I am.
Nigerians like to hear sweet words, too much sugar gives you diabetes and makes you blind. Sometimes people needs a bitter truth.

Normal ethics demand you should be polite irrespective of your nationality, its demanded.

He only asked a question which needed an answer.

Like I stated earlier, read EgunMogaji`s post. Went a straight into his curiosity, dissected it and a full stop.

Easy does it!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Normal ethics demand you should be polite irrespective of your nationality, its demanded.

Like I stated earlier, read EgunMogaji`s post. Went a straight into his curiosity, dissected it and a full stop.

Easy does it!
No need. It's already done by a previous comment. I know Nigeria very well and I know how you walk in your own country afraid of the police, government, afraid to claim your rights and it makes me laugh how many claim and claim their "rights" in the US embassy. Why not claiming your rights in Nigeria? Because your police will beat you?
And US embassy has the right to close doors, period.
Re: . by maak400: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
SmartKitty:

LOL!!!!!!!!!
Look at this fake ass Americana wannabe talking harshly. Who knows maybe you’re even typing from one naija village sef.

1 Like

Re: . by maak400: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Easy does it!
Don’t mind her jare, she’s just being silly

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
maak400:

Look at this fake ass Americana wannabe talking harshly. Who knows maybe you’re even typing from one naija village sef.
LOL! LOL! LOL! You wish. All your surrounding is fake, so you assume all people is fake like you and your people. Learn, there is more world than just your village and not everybody is fake.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos — Chaos And Hope That Befits Babylon / The Cause Of Lagos Traffic Jam / Your Experiences At Dv 2009 Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.