Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,205 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria (56637 Views)

Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business / MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry / Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by TMKsouth: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
phransix2:
Their clothing line is very expensive....

It's actually a value for money store in SA. Second cheapest after PEP. Others are too expensive.

1 Like

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by OdefaGirl(f): 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
mystery22:
grin better run for your life,everybody they run from Nigeria,cursed nation.nigger-area of darkness.everything about Nigeria seems cursed,plus the supporters of cursed bubu and Tinubu

Shut up!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by nedekid: 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
Profprom:
Why blow your trumpet before leaving? Whether you leave or stay we have been surviving in this country and we will still survive with or without you. Better luck else where

"told analysts at the group’s full-year results presentation"

Did you read that part?
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by Yabaleft: 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Their clothes always look like okrika. I always come out of the store not buying anything. Nothing attractive.
Overpriced rags.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by linearity: 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
adioolayi:
Hmm....."In the early days we were making money but now we just came up against too many roadblocks, whether it’s getting the money out, etc.”

Getting money out to where? Are you exporting currency?

This is a real problem in Nigeria and is affecting even Nigerians resident abroad and limiting their ability to do business in Nigeria.

If export cars or send any commerce to Nigeria, after selling the item, I should be able to get that money back abroad, put it back into the business and send more vehicles to Nigeria or export other items.

Right now, it is near impossible to get that money back, the money will be stuck in Nigeria bank account and no business survives that way.

What people do now is to link up with friends that need foreign currencies....they pay you locally abroad in foreign currencies and you dhl from your Nigeria account to wherever they want in Nigeria....but this does not scale at all....the Nigeria government should find a way to allow small business who engage in legitimate business get a cash flow out of Nigeria legally to revitalize their businesses abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by Balogunodua(m): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
So Make we fry kpomo?

Who he epp?
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by beejay85: 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
adioolayi:
Hmm....."In the early days we were making money but now we just came up against too many roadblocks, whether it’s getting the money out, etc.”

this businesses are money laundering ventures.....for mtn n d likes which buhari gov hv blocked

1 Like

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by NwaNimo1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
MrSensor:
I will not reply you cause today is my birthday and I don't want to ruin it.

Better for you......cos I don shack 'palmi'!

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by segun688: 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Primark could take over...
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by Reference(m): 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
blackTaliban:
A typical response of an unexposed african!!
Nigeria is a walking corpse wake up

Don't mind them. It is the rush to the basement mentality of failures. Instead of solving problems they stoke sentiments and hide the skeletons.

Little do they know that the business world has its own habit of sentiment. Sentiment that makes success attractive and failure contagious. Watch as those who were sitting on the fence head for the doors too as quickly as a badly run bank looses its capital in a flash.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by LEOSZ(m): 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Many ppl will lose their job like this mehnn things have hit the roof .damn nigga
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by marvin906(m): 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Plead:

Quality stuffs are expensive.

there's nothing good about MRP
okrika better pass them
the only difference is expensive packaging..
in warri people hardly patronize them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by simplyshade: 10:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
You no hear the name? "Mr Price" cheesy
shukudi:

And substandard too.
Poor quality fabrics at high price
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by Reference(m): 10:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
linearity:

This is a real problem in Nigeria and is affecting even Nigerians resident abroad and limiting their ability to do business in Nigeria.

If export cars or send any commerce to Nigeria, after selling the item, I should be able to get that money back abroad, put it back into the business and send more vehicles to Nigeria or export other items.

Right now, it is near impossible to get that money back, the money will be stuck in Nigeria bank account and no business survives that way.

What people do now is to link up with friends that need foreign currencies....they pay you locally abroad in foreign currencies and you dhl from your Nigeria account to wherever they want in Nigeria....but this does not scale at all....the Nigeria government should find a way to allow small business who engage in legitimate business get a cash flow out of Nigeria legally to revitalize their businesses abroad.

You know what they say about a body of water that doesn't flow...it soon begins to stink. Our currency exchange regime and currency movement policy will keep us in penury until we quit foolishness.
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 10:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
linearity:

No country's economy will survive if her money policies , especially as regards repatriating foreign currencies is porous. Naira is weak against Dollar...most of those foreign countries engaged in serious money laundering and tax evasions all in the name of expatriating their profits.
Read about MTN's fine...you will understand better

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by CaseSensitive(m): 10:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Profprom:
Why blow your trumpet before leaving? Whether you leave or stay we have been surviving in this country and we will still survive with or without you. Better luck else where
I can't fathom why or how people think in a linear way like this. From a basic humane perspective, have you thought about the Nigerians who their means of livelihood depends on that company's branch in Nigeria? They will lose their job, that means more people looking for jobs that aren't there in the first place. Then from a broader outlook, if it takes a rocket scientist to convince you that international trade contributes to economic growth, then you my friend, have a real problem.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by nedekid: 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
marvin906:
no wonder I saw their shop in ShopRite closed thought it was renovations..
buh honestly their close are mad expensive
The irony of it all is that their cloths are not expensive. It is us that have become poorer!
The advarage shirt you will buy for $10 five years ago at N1400 is now N4500 due to the falling naira to dollar. Meanwhile your salary and other income has not increased.
This means that most Nigerians have their purchasing power greatly deminished. How much was 2003 corolla 5 years ago? 750k. Despite the years that the car has gotten older, it is now sold for 1.8m.
How much was a brand new camry then, 3.5 to 5m. It's is now about 18-20m.
Bottom like is that we are poorer today and hence advarage items seem expensive to us.
Its now the lowest quality of China cloths or okrika most folks can afford now.

9 Likes

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by WannaHowzit(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
grin Leave the Nigerians to walk around naked. Which other Naija store can claim to have shops all over Africa, Europe and Australia? Their loss. grin
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by mofedamijo(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
If they could leave Poland and Australia last year, then I don't see them staying long in Nigeria. The quality of their clothes in South Africa is cool and its far far cheaper than in naija. Especially when on sales.

4 Likes

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by ednut1(m): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
adioolayi:

i invest 1m dols in Nigeria. When it time to send profit back naira don lose value plus cbn has no dollars to sell me. So am trapped here lol

2 Likes

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
Profprom:

Shut up please
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by mrkings84(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
I feel for u man, all thanks to huhari who's making sure no business thrives, this too shall pass. Sincerely businesses are folding up!

From the comments of some persons above, it shows they don't even know the implementation, at least some Nigerians would be out of job!!
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by sexylassie2(f): 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
I just laugh when people say Mr price is inferior and expensive.

The reality is most of this ones writing low quality and expensive, have never entered the shop before.

most of the clothes there, the material are best suited for our weather.

The reality is if you want to get the best value for your money for clothes, go to Mr Price. Mr price is the primark of Nigeria

Store is well arranged and neat, you can test your clothes in the dressing room, also discount are always available especially during festive periods.

since they are going, that is bad for the economy, only the unemployed and the ignorant are happy that a job creator is going out of market.
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by imanray37(m): 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
TwentyOnePilots:
sad
WHO'S THE BASTARD ABOVE ME
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by imanray37(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
TwentyOnePilots:
sad
WHO'S THE BASTARD ABOVE ME
Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by Reference(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
adioolayi:

No country's economy will survive if her money policies , especially as regards repatriating foreign currencies is porous. Naira is weak against Dollar...most of those foreign countries engaged in serious money laundering and tax evasions all in the name of expatriating their profits.
Read about MTN's fine...you will understand better

Then strengthen your corporate governance and oversight structures, simple.

It appears we are back to the fire sale mentality of the Nigerian Customs, the bane of the black man. If he cannot solve a problem he destroys everything. Close borders because of rice and here shut down the free flow of international finances because of the MTN type indiscretion.

Is this wise?

1 Like

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by yommen: 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Sai Buhari....

anyway, we will see you back in 2023

mark my words!

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

You be ode! Why should you wait for a foreigner to come reopen his business in 3 years? You no see opportunities Habba

1 Like

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by kaima1984(f): 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
phransix2:
Their clothing line is very expensive....
it's uniform,low quality at the same time expensive,I would rather buy made in ABA

1 Like

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Jwonder:
Investors are running away, nobody wants to invest in a volatile economy where one furu drinking slowpoke will wake up and increase tax without taking into consideration that these companies provide their own security and power, it ain’t easy naa.

That’s why Nigerians can never get the best products especially the telecommunications industry because most companies need to compromise in quality so as keep up with the cost of running their companies and still make profit.
Maybe Australia and Poland are also volatile,they also close their shops in both countries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by kuduss1: 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
So this ones are from SA don’t worry next xenophobic attack na ur shop we Dey come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Jwonder:
Investors are running away, nobody wants to invest in a volatile economy where one furu drinking slowpoke will wake up and increase tax without taking into consideration that these companies provide their own security and power, it ain’t easy naa.

That’s why Nigerians can never get the best products especially the telecommunications industry because most companies need to compromise in quality so as keep up with the cost of running their companies and still make profit.
Buhari also made him close his stores in Australia and Poland?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts / Sallah: Rams Everywhere, No Money To Buy / Pics Of Crying Emeka Offor Being Consoled By Dignitaries At His Father's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.