Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

To Igbos And Other Easterners In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Igbos And Other Easterners In Jos (558 Views)

One Of The Many Injustices Against Easterners In Nigeria. / Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos / Eze Ndigbo Nairaland: Don’t Keep Easterners In North! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Igbos And Other Easterners In Jos by Onlytruth(m): 2:57am On Jan 30, 2011
To Igbos and our Eastern Nigerian brothers in Jos.

The message is very simple: STAY AWAY FROM ANY FIGHTING THAT DOES NOT TARGET YOU. Only fight in self defense IF NECESSARY.  cool The conflict is ethnic. IT IS NOT RELIGIOUS. So don't join any "fellow Christian" in fighting.  cool

I say this because Nigeria's tribal and regional conflicts have a way of ending up being our problem.

I would even prefer you relocate to Eastern Nigeria until all the fighting ends. You cannot conduct whatever business you are involved in until the fighting ends anyway; so what are you still there for? 

What is happening in Jos is spiritual, and you would be putting yourselves in great danger by remaining there until this blows over.

To Eastern Nigerian Governors

I hope you are following the development closely and really thinking about how to organize our peoples in case this becomes a major conflict. The history of 1966 is replete with lack of preparation on the part of Eastern Nigerian leadership, and this went ahead to prove quite disastrous in the war that followed. This crisis is gradually assuming a dimension of war. I hate unpreparedness in war!

Agha akara aka adighi eri ngworo!

[size=14pt]He who fails to plan, plans to fail.[/size]

I am saying this because the current president of Nigeria is an Easterner (that is how the north sees him cool) and this violence may be the handiwork of Northern elements (who had set off series of bombs earlier) who are uncomfortable with that fact. Hence, 1966 comes readily to mind. I have not seen you meeting and strategizing. You are busy eying re-elections and election.  cry

In all you are doing, NEVER FORGET THE LESSON OF 1966!. And it is not yet too late to plan our survival in case this explodes into a major national conflict.

Thank you all!
Re: To Igbos And Other Easterners In Jos by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Jan 30, 2011
I strongly suspect that this violence is part of a plot to destabilize Nigeria and create a pretext for the military to step in.
But the Nigeria of today is markedly different from the one of the 70s and 80s.
Such an action can lead to series of precipitous events which no one can control.
In such a scenario, our people (as the most itinerant Nigerian group) will be caught in the middle, without any plans of containment or response to the situation.

I would feel better if I see some movements in Eastern Nigeria, and hearing statements issued by our leaders to reassure our people.

Since none of that has come so far, it is wise to relocate to the East, until Jos calms down

You are not the target -YET.

So move.
Re: To Igbos And Other Easterners In Jos by alex101(m): 3:38am On Jan 30, 2011
@ [/b]Onlytruth
[b]
Thank God you see what I am seeing, this is what I'm trying to relate to mazi Ezeuche, in that it is not religious, but rather ethnic. Ndigbo are not the only group with christians in them, our freinds of the sw have a subtantial christian population in them, so they too should be concerned. For, me I like the idea of our people acting in self defence and not taking side(s). Anybody who will blame Ndigbo for not siding with their "christian brothers" ( I sense a trap) should be reminded of western regional crises and the subsequent good intention of the 5 majors, which was then turned into an "Igbo agenda".
Re: To Igbos And Other Easterners In Jos by Onlytruth(m): 4:46am On Jan 30, 2011
Posted by: alex101

Thank God you see what I am seeing, this is what I'm trying to relate to mazi Ezeuche, in that it is not religious, but rather ethnic. Ndigbo are not the only group with christians in them, our freinds of the sw have a subtantial christian population in them, so they too should be concerned. For, me I like the idea of our people acting in self defence and not taking side(s). Anybody who will blame Ndigbo for not siding with their "christian brothers" (  I sense a trap) should be reminded of western regional crises and the subsequent good intention of the 5 majors, which was then turned into an "Igbo agenda".

Thank you alex101,

I credit you with sounding the first warning on this. Thank you again!
Our people need constant reminder of how things are in Nigeria.
We are seen as naive, and aggressive, and so cannot be involved in any of these northern inter-tribal feuds.

I say we stay clear of that completely.

(1) (Reply)

4 Out Of 6 Zones Campaigns Went Wrong For Gej / Tafida Heads Jonathan’s Campaign ! / Gbenga U'ar Nt In Right:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.