Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? (724 Views)

Ladies, Name That Thing Men Wear Which You Don't Like. / 'Pretty Girls Don't Like Fine Guys, We Like Ugly Guys Who Dress Nice'- Lady Says / What To Do When Your Parents And Future In-laws Don't Get Along? Need Advice!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by jurgenkloppp: 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
I dated my fiancée for 2 years before we got engaged June last year. We have had our ups and downs but we both love each other and are both looking to spending the rest of our lives together.

Since I proposed to my fiancée last year, the family has been reluctant to our marriage plans. I have met her parents but their body language shows that they do not really want me to marry their daughter. They never show any interest concerning our relationship and our plans to get married.

After one year of engagement, my family is yet to meet my fiancée's family not to talk of introduction. Each time my fiancée tries to bring up the marriage issue before her parents, she is faced with serious discouragement as they always give excuses of them being busy with their business and do not have time.

This was the recurrent situation before the covid-19 outbreak which affected the businesses of my fiancée's parents, now it seems the situation has moved from bad to worse as they practically do not want to hear anything about marriage with them grappling with their business challenges.

I quite understand the economic effect the covid-19 outbreak had on their business and I would be willing to wait till when things settle before we get married but I am scared I might end up just wasting my time if eventually after waiting for a longtime my fiancée's parents still refused me marrying their daughter.

I am in a dilemma and confused at the same time. I love my fiancée very much and would love to spend the rest of my life with her but I can't marry her if her family does not want me to and waiting in an uncertain situation like this is not helping me at all.

I am quite comfortable financially, I guess the issue her parents have with me is because we are not from the same tribe.

Guys what do you advise me to do? Stay and be hopeful or move on.

Please I need your advice...
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by Ezennwa(m): 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
hmm!

Life goes on.
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by olu77(m): 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
It's a difficult position to be. It's better to remain single than to have in laws that disapprove of you in this part of the world. They will treat like you kidnapped their daughter if you get married to her based on mutual feelings between you and your girl alone.

My own suggestion - Option B, Move on. My final answer

It's tough though but you could eventually meet someone whose family could love you like you are their own son.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by jurgenkloppp: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
olu77:
It's a difficult position to be. It's better to remain single than to have in laws that disapprove of you in this part of the world. They will treat like you kidnapped their daughter if you get married to her based on mutual feelings between you and your girl alone.

My own suggestion - Option B, Move on. My final answer

It's tough though but you could eventually meet someone whose family could love you like you are their own son.

Honestly bro, it's a very difficult position....Thanks for your advice....but I can't date two women at the same time, I would rather quit this one first before starting another relationship...
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by jurgenkloppp: 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mkndahi:
Seeing your username, don't give up.

Klopp won the title for Liverpool after 30yrs.
Be hopeful. You can win your to be in-laws over.

Goodluck man.

Hmmm......it's hard bro....my patience has run out
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by sorority11(m): 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
My guy you have no problem with in laws. It is only the wife that have problem with their in-laws. As a man when you marry their daughter you just mind your business.
During festive period you visit drop gift and go, whether they like you or not isn't a big deal. You fighting to get their acceptance isn't an issue for the husband, husbands don't need acceptance because you are not marrying into your wife family, she is the one marrying into your family. If your family have no problem with your wife to be there isn't any problem, whether they give you their daughter reluctantly or not. Just take my advice my man, you have found a lady you like, just wife her already.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by simplepee(f): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hmmmm. If they don't want you to marry their daughter please don't o. As a man or woman, if your in laws don't like you, you are in deep shit.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by jurgenkloppp: 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
sorority11:
My guy you have no problem with in laws. It is only the wife that have problem with their in-laws. As a man when you marry their daughter you just mind your business.
During festive period you visit drop gift and go, whether they like you or not isn't a big deal. You fighting to get their acceptance isn't an issue for the husband, husbands don't need acceptance because you are not marrying into your wife family, she is the one marrying into your family. If your family have no problem with your wife to be there isn't any problem, whether they give you their daughter reluctantly or not. Just take my advice my man, you have found a lady you like, just wife her already.

I've thought of it just as you have pointed out...but what if they don't even allow me marry her? That gives me greatest concern
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by jurgenkloppp: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
simplepee:
Hmmmm. If they don't want you to marry their daughter please don't o. As a man or woman, if your in laws don't like you, you are in deep shit.

You have a point.....but I think in laws acceptance is more important for women than men
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by Vickho6(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
If ur imlaws doesn't support marring her,,, y disturbing urself... They may swaer for u ooo infact u will regret it....

It just simple,,, u can go there with some elder to comfusc them d more then if u are lucky well congrats, buh if otherwise baba MOVE ON...

Ur name said it all,,, just wait your glorious day is ahead of u

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by maak400: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Oga jurgenkloppp, you should be celebrating your premier league triumph, what are you doing on nairaland grin
On a serious note, if you marry her, you won’t enjoy the marriage because you’ll have unfriendly in-laws to deal with.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by yomi007k(m): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
maak400:
Oga jurgenkloppp, you should be celebrating your premier league triumph, what are you doing on nairaland grin
On a serious note, if you marry her, you won’t enjoy the marriage because you’ll have unfriendly in-laws to deal with.

I dey tell you.
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by blackgold2018(m): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
sorority11:
Crude.. 19 century mentality. Let someone come marry my own daughter without my approval. You are dead
Re: What Would You Do When Your Would Be In-laws Don't Like You? by Fidelismaria: 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2020

quit the relationship

(1) (Reply)

Find It Hard To Sustain Erection For Long,help!! / Shawty Playing Too Hard To Get So Her Bestie Got To The Dick First.. / Top Top Most Curvy Instagram Celebrities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.