Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,506 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State (920 Views)

Man Lies On The Ground For Akpabio At The Airport (Photos) / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / What Could Be Running In The Mind Of Amaechis' Wife (picture)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by KnowAll(m): 12:17pm On Jan 31, 2011
Having come to office on the crest of massive will and unprecedented acceptance, Ekiti Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, after his swearing-in as the third Chief Executive of the Fountain of Knowledge had already hit the ground running.

Fayemi knew that the expectations of the people of the state are high and there is need for the people of the state who massively gave him their mandate at the 2007 governorship election and the 2009 rerun election to begin to reap the dividends of democracy.

Indeed, the last one month has been very challenging for the new administration as it settles down to clear the rot left behind by the ousted administration in key sectors of the economy.

The governor and his deputy, Mrs. Funmilayo Olayinka in their various outings in the state have continued to stress that the new administration has not come to take vengeance or witch-hunt anybody but to further the interests of the people.

Fayemi who had played host to various stakeholders in the state which include communities, traditional rulers, religious organizations, and corporate organizations said the focus of his administration are good governance, non-confrontational approach towards resolving conflicts and reconciliation among Ekiti people.

The high rate of abandoned projects left behind by the deposed regime was of utmost concern to Fayemi who had undergone a tour of such projects to ensure that the state is not turned to an abode of white elephants.

This prompted a meeting held by the governor with all government contractors as their activities were reviewed. He charged all the contractors to go back to the site of the projects and ensure that work is completed as early as possible.

One of first assignments of the governor was a visit to the new House of Assembly complex where he ordered the contractor to ensure a speedy completion of the project.

The project, which had reached about 50 per cent completion stage was among the first set of projects awarded by the ousted Segun Oni regime.

Fayemi said the desire of his administration is to ensure that the members of the State House of Assembly enjoy the facilities of the new parliamentary complex noting that the legislature is an important arm of government that must be supported to succeed.

The governor also paid a visit to the site of the new State Secretariat complex. Residents of Ado-Ekiti were happy to see that construction work had resumed on Ado-Ifaki Road, a major highway which leads to other parts of the state and other states of the federation.

The other lane of the road, which had remained untarred since the defunct regime started work on it, is now receiving attention as the stone base had been laid preparatory to its being tarred.

The giant road median is also being laid from the State Hospital area down with the aim of making it a model dual carriageway in the state capital as it obtains in other capitals across the country.

During an on-the-spot visit to various roads in Ado-Ekiti, Fayemi expressed his displeasure at the poor condition of such roads and charged contractors to expedite action on their rehabilitation.

He noted that the roads had become impassable in some areas and caused untold hardship on residents stressing that the immediate rehabilitation of such roads became imperative to alleviate the suffering of the people.

The governor's visit to the various affected spots elicited commendations from residents who had remarked that the filling of potholes and other rehabilitation workbeing done on the roads had brought succour to them.

Unserviceable vehicles are also being removed from the major roads to make them free and safe. To put a stop to slow pace of project execution witnessed during the 42 months of the illegal Oni regime, Fayemi inaugurated a five-man Task Force to monitor all ongoing government projects in the state.

The Task Force code-named "Rapid Action Team" which is headed by Chief Ranti Adebisi is expected to work with the State Transition Committee of the Fayemi-led administration towards ensuring rapid completion of all on-going state projects. ,

Adebisi who described the task of developing the state as a "collective responsibility", pledged the commitment of the members of his team to the success of the Fayemi-Ied administration and the overall progress of the state.

Ogunmola is the Special Adviser to Ekiti State Governor on Media.

Great but, I hope he does not run out of steam thus undecided
Fayemi inaugurated a five-man Task Force to monitor all ongoing government projects in the state.

The Task Force code-named "Rapid Action Team" which is headed by Chief Ranti Adebisi is expected to work with the State Transition Committee of the Fayemi-led administration towards ensuring rapid completion of all on-going state projects.

The above is a great initiatitive I hope the FG can borrow a leaf from the Fayami Govt and INUGURATE a committe like this, who would carryout on the spot assessment & visits on abandoned FG Road Projects all over the Country. I cannot believe that after 18 years of me leaving Naija in the early 1990's the Ibadan- Ilorin dual carriage road has not being completed.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by MaJBlige(f): 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2011
it was supposed to be up to oyo/ogbomosho - bros.

All the above na propaganda. Wait for a few months and see if these things were actually carried out. We all come from Ekiti and we go home regularly, noone can hood wink anyone with mere write ups.

Ado/Ifaki road is never an highway.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by KnowAll(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
it was supposed to be up to oyo/ogbomosho - bros.

Are u saying the Ibadan - Oyo Segment of the road has being dualised. I am not sure that is the case. As per propaganda time would tell.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by MaJBlige(f): 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2011
yes Sir - it has been.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by KnowAll(m): 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2011
yes Sir - it has been.

Well I have not travelled on that road for 20 years now, but the feelers I am getting from Newspapers and other sources is that road has not being completed.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by homerac7: 12:56pm On Jan 31, 2011
Active work is on-going on ibadan-ilorin axis. Just short segments remain to b dualized.

Ado-Ifaki is a federal road.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by MaJBlige(f): 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2011
KnowAll:

Well I have not travelled on that road for 20 years now, but the feelers I am getting from Newspapers and other sources is that road has not being completed.

Like i said sir. Dont believe everything in the newspapers.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by olaolabiy: 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2011
Hits the ground running? And the ground hits back, LOL.

Where is that girl called Ileke? LOL cheesy cool

Ground ko, petele ni.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2011
i really hope your governer kicks off with massive development Amaechi did in Rivers. We started seeing changes within 4/5 months after he entered office.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by KnowAll(m): 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2011
Like i said sir. Dont believe everything in the newspapers.

The bottom-line is the entire project Ibadan - Ilorin conceived around 1985 has not being completed in 2011. Whether segements have being completed is beside the point. The moral of the story is this project is still on going 21 years after worked bagan on it and the so called completed parts I can swear by mothers name those areas are already falling into dis-repair for lack of mainteanance. What sense does it make if the entire road has being dualised and 75% of it are already un-motorable.

Secondly how come people prefer travelling Lagos-ibadan - Akure-Owo-Lokoja route when going to Abuja INSTEAD of the straight forward Ibadan -Ilorin- Abuja route
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by MaJBlige(f): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2011
No sir. At inception, that project was to stop at Oyo. and then years after, government decided to take it to Ilorin. Years after.

Hope we r not digressing anyway.

The road is deadly even after dualisation. curvy and full of trailers heading to the North. it is scary hence people use the other route, and i think it is longer in distance.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
During an on-the-spot visit to various roads in Ado-Ekiti, Fayemi expressed his displeasure at the poor condition of such roads and charged contractors to expedite action on their rehabilitation.

Is he gonna do something abt it?

If they fix our roads, oh boy!!! That's our #1 concern right now!
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by KnowAll(m): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2011
No sir. At inception, that project was to stop at Oyo. and then years after, government decided to take it to Ilorin. Years after.

Hope we r not digressing anyway.

The road is deadly even after dualisation. curvy and full of trailers heading to the North. it is scary hence people use the other route, and i think it is longer in distance.

That is ridduculous why would the FG consent to building a dual carriage road from Ibadan to Oyo and stop at Oyo, of what economic benefit is that to the nation, the route was meant to hasten and fasting journey time between Northern Cities and Lagos. In the olden days it used to take 2 days to travel from Lagos to Kano, but if this road was in good nick it would take between 9 and 10 hours. That suggestion is very ingenious to say the least let alone it been a fact. I am afraid it that is not true. Take my word.

So many roads were concived in the early 1970's, others that were concived and not built were the Badagry to Sokoto Highway, can you imagine u saying when that road gets to shaki which is a town along Nigeria's western border,  it would be stopped becos it was meant to stop at Shaki.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by MaJBlige(f): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
its not about being ridiculous.

Another example in point is the Ibadan Ife - Ilesha road.

The dualisation took place from Ibadan to Ife, and then after a few years - was down to Ilesha. Will u then ask why it wasnt done all the way to Akure?

I dont think that is being ridiculous, that is oyinbo people english;.

I know about that road properly having travelled on it for two years and later on during construction - we know the history in Adisa time- there is nothing ridiculous about it.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by KnowAll(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^
I knew u would come up with d Ibadan-Ife-Ilesha route, it is actually Ibadan- Akure route but it had to be abadoned becos u can count d number of cars plying between Ife-Ilesha . So it had to be abandoned
and rightly so.
Re: Fayemi Hits The Ground Running In Ekiti State by MaJBlige(f): 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2011
Now i agree with you that u r a realist.

So, there could be a reason for abandoned projects? Right? Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Shocked Me, Destroyed CPC / Is It True Rochas Okorocha Created Office Of Chief Comedian? / Young Nigerian Rapper,"frank Diggy",shot And Killed In Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.