Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk (2259 Views)

When You Are A Computer Guru And Your Girlfriend Needs Your Assistance / How Do I Create A Joomla Template And Edit An Existing One / Has Anyone Been Able Upload A Joomla Site Through Filezilla? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk by free2: 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
Hello all,
Please help me with an extension that could be used to backup a Joomla website onto my computer's hard disk.
Thanks
Re: How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk by jjjkkkooo: 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2011
extension? u dont need extension.

just open ursite.com/cpanel (on the internet)

open file manager ----> public_html folder -------> download all the files and folders there to ur PC

To backup the database
--------------------------------
back to cpanel home page

open the phpmyadmin
export ur site database to ur pc (its comes as a .sql file)

That s all!

u can google more on this or let me know if u hv problme 07031613377 .

Goodluck.
Re: How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 02, 2011
Lol
Re: How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk by ilosiwaju: 1:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
There is an extension called Akeeba back up on extensions.joomla.org. Download it, install and create your backup easily. Download the .jpa file and use the kickstart tool(from Akeeba too) to restore to your local environment. It handles the file/db backup and restoration seamlessly. Holla if you need help.

Safe!
Re: How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk by Shadowblaqq(m): 3:08am On Aug 11, 2012
Go for akeeba i have used it on many of my joomla websites and it works!
Re: How to Backup A Joomla Website Onto A Computer's Hard Disk by Shadowblaqq(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
ilosiwaju: There is an extension called Akeeba back up on extensions.joomla.org. Download it, install and create your backup easily. Download the .jpa file and use the kickstart tool(from Akeeba too) to restore to your local environment. It handles the file/db backup and restoration seamlessly. Holla if you need help.

Safe!
Akeeba is powerful. I upload my newly designed using akeeba backed up jpa files and it never fails!

(1) (Reply)

Free Unique And Original Articles For All Bloggers / Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / How Can I Make My Smf Website To Be Like Nairaland Front Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.