Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup (749 Views)

EFCC To Seize Tompolo's Property / Another Election Postponement Would Be A Coup - Buhari / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Jen33(m): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2011
EGYPT NEEDS A MILITARY COUP

This standoff between the people and Mubarak has gone on for too long. The society is descending into chaos and anarchy while the army just sits there and watches. It won't take sides with the people. It won't take sides with Mubarak. It won't impose its authority on anything.

What's the point of having a military when they are so impotent in the face of the state collapsing in on itself?

The Egyptian military needs to seize power, establish military rule for a period not more than 6 months, following which elections can be held and a democratically elected government installed.
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by blacksta(m): 12:31am On Feb 02, 2011
too late now

The almighty dollar has spoken - $1.5billion yearly aid to Egypt has spoken to Mubrark that Enough is Enough

The dollar that supported Honsi for 30 years has decided the outcome of the match and not the Egyptians.
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Jen33(m): 12:42am On Feb 02, 2011
Mubarak clearly holds his people in utter contempt, ignoring their demands, made in their millions out in the open.

His stock has really fallen in the eyes of many. Shameful.

The military need to get into his palace, and demand that he steps down immediately, failing which he can say his last prayer.

That's why I like Naija. We know how to manage this sort of thing better. It would never have come to this in Naija.
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by superboi(m): 12:49am On Feb 02, 2011
Jen33:

This standoff between the people and Mubarak has gone on for too long. The society is descending into chaos and anarchy while the army just sits there and watches. It won't take sides with the people. It won't take sides with Mubarak. It won't impose its authority on anything.

What's the point of having a military when they are so impotent in the face of the state collapsing in on itself?

The Egyptian military needs to seize power, establish military rule for a period not more than 6 months, following which elections can be held and a democratically elected government installed.
JEN33 Thats what exactly mr Mubarak, US and Isreal want, they only trust the military apart from mubarak. They know if mubarak stays longer they people will become more restive then the military will step in and the people will be happy. But if mubarak just hand over to them they will be rejected. So it's a game play and some like you has already fallen for it,lol.
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Jen33(m): 1:21am On Feb 02, 2011
Great thinking superboi. grin
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Jen33(m): 1:52am On Feb 02, 2011
When this many people gather to ask you to go -

What more are you waiting for? It's time to go!
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by violent(m): 2:15am On Feb 02, 2011
That's why I like Naija. We know how to manage this sort of thing better. It would never have come to this in Naija.

If it's in Naija, nothing go happen.

We once had a President {now late}, who while in a vegetative state, his wife controlled and held a population of 150 million people to random, till date, no one dare ask who signed the budget, all we are good at is to dust our árses and hope say[i] "one day, in go beta"[/i]
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Feb 02, 2011
^^ Na you dey mind am grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by fstranger1: 6:00am On Feb 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^ Na you dey mind am grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

AGain

Another day, same shyyt

na sososo to dey criticize

You no dey shame

Odechukwu
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 02, 2011
violent:

We once had a President {now late}, who while in a vegetative state, his wife controlled and held a population of 150 million people to random, till date, now one dare ask who signed the budget, all we are good at is to dust our árses and hope say[i] "one day, in go beta"[/i]

hahahaha! LWKM
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Jen33(m): 8:13am On Feb 02, 2011
violent said:

We once had a President {now late}, who while in a vegetative state, his wife controlled and held a population of 150 million people to random, till date, no one dare ask who signed the budget, all we are good at is to dust our árses and hope say "one day, in go beta"

Not surprised you somehow contrived to turn this into an attack on Nigeria in your miserable self-hatred.  How the idea of 'who signed the budget' compares with Mubarak's 30 year long dictatorship, 95% margin electoral 'victories', 12,000 political prisoners, midnight executions of dissidents, journalists, and scholars, and grand corruption, only your warped, ignorant mind can contrive.
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by Ikengawo: 8:14am On Feb 02, 2011

cause that ALWAYS works,
Re: The Egyptian Military Needs To Seize Power In A Coup by violent(m): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2011
Jen33:

violent said:

Not surprised you somehow contrived to turn this into an attack on Nigeria in your miserable self-hatred.  How the idea of 'who signed the budget' compares with Mubarak's 30 year long dictatorship, 95% margin electoral 'victories', 12,000 political prisoners, midnight executions of dissidents, journalists, and scholars, and grand corruption, only your warped, ignorant mind can contrive.

dummy, I'd like to believe you have the smallest brain cells, you started the apple to guava comparison, i merely pointed out facts in history.

I can't even believe I am even joining issues with someone who feels Nigeria is any better than Egypt at handling citizen unrest. . ,  . .that's really dumb sir, really dumb!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Native Killed In Robbery. AGAIN! / What Does A Vote For Jonathan Mean? / A Call To Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.