Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. (6849 Views)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Is A Confused Man- CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by tpiah2: 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
tunde bakare is from ogun state.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Afam4eva(m): 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf:

I support merit. Period.

Merit indeed. Now ttell how GEJ merits been the president of Nigeria. What are his antecedents.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by jason123: 5:13pm On Feb 02, 2011
afam4eva:

Merit indeed. Now ttell how GEJ merits been the president of Nigeria. What are his antecedents.

Afam, good question!
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Beaf: 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
afam4eva:

Check what I wrote here, it applies to you; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-597321.0.html#msg7654132
Learn to be intelligent.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Afam4eva(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf:

Check what I wrote here, it applies to you; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-597321.0.html#msg7654132
Learn to be intelligent.

You learn to be intelligent and tell Nigerian why you keep kissing GEJ's ass.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Beaf: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
afam4eva:

You learn to be intelligent and tell Nigerian why you keep kissing GEJ's backside.

Let me summarise things for you so you know how stupeedly you come across:

Person 1 - Buhari chose a fellow Northerner as running mate
Beaf - Nah, you shouldn't be thinking about ethnicity
Person 1 - Why? We shouldn't have two Northerners running on the same ticket
Beaf - We should consider only merit and not a persons ethnicity or region, so its ok for Buhari to have another Northerner
FOOL - Really? Tell me why GEJ merits being President?

Dense. How does the fools question fit into any argument on the page, it makes you sound daft.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Jarus(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
The man didn't know what he's saying. Bakare is from Ogun, and not Kwara state. How can someone of this man's capacity(ex-publicity secretary of a national party) commit such a gaffe.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Mobinga: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2011
lol lwkmd
I marvel at Beaf's strategy. Brilliant
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by 21052011: 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
in a perfect world
an aspirant and his vp can be from the same tribe and there could be a possibility of winning assuming each merit it

but this is Nigeria,nothing is black and white in Nigeria
whether we like it or not ,your tribe goes a long way in determining your success in a case like this

this is sad but this is the reality we face in Nigeria today
Thanks to the zoning method and so much foolishness in the past
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by aljharem(m): 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2011
ndu_chucks:

My Yoruba friends have always claimed that the brightest Yoruba minds are from Abeokuta. They point to the fact that every Yorubaman that has ever ruled Nigeria hails from Abeokuta. Even Fela, argueably the most admired Nigerian to have ever lived,  is from there. Buhari may know something that you don't know.   cheesy

i know,., but my yoruba friend who is from ijesha also told me the reason

he told me that (ogun state )abeokuta people (ebga) and ijebu people are the largest clans in yorubaland.,. i think that is the reason for them representing there yoruba brothers at the federal level undecided

also,., other clans like ekiti people have a role to present the brightest minds in terms of professions

awori, to keep lagos (fashola is an awori man) etc

itsekiri, to keep ijaws at bay for now and also to represent them in delta state

ondo for oil

oyo is for hertiage

kwara and kogi is for agriculture and also to repersent them in the north

ede (benin republic) to keep there opinions open

ketu, popo and safe,.,. to rule benin republic

esan (edo state) to creat a buffer for the easterners

etc

i hope that answers your question brother smiley
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by 21052011: 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^ nice analysis per the egba people
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Beaf: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2011
21-05-2011:

in a perfect world
an aspirant and his vp can be from the same tribe and there could be a possibility of winning assuming each merit it

but this is Nigeria,nothing is black and white in Nigeria
whether we like it or not ,your tribe goes a long way in determining your success in a case like this

this is sad but this is the reality we face in Nigeria today
Thanks to the zoning method and so much foolishness in the past

I strongly disagree. We need to stop viewing Nigeria as something of a wild place where it is impossible for things that are normal in other places to make sense. We need to push to make things work.

A lot of the time, you hear people say corruption is the bane of Nigeria, but if we pause for thought, ethnic and religious bigotries beat corruption hands down. They are the real elephants in the room. There is ethnic jingoism and nepotism at the national level, which in turn causes despondency and desperation that drives corruption at street level.

I understand fully that ethnic bigotry and religious divisions cannot wished away with a simple wave of the hand. No, we must wrap it into a framework that defines us as Nigerian and gives us a common philosophy for existing, a common philosophy that binds us and results in a natural expression of patriotism (much like the US), a system that encourages self realisation and promotes merit. Right now, Nigerians have nothing to believe in, there is a chasm where our patriotism should be.

The framework that can deliver these things, is true federalism. Lets strive for that and the impossible would become possible.
Its in our hands bruv.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by 21052011: 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2011
@beaf
first am not a bruv  grin
that said pls can you tell us how we can manage to quash this zoning madness and change the mindset of  150million people that have been for the most part brainwashed (or hands tied)into thinking the zoning system is the only way the presidency in Nigeria can work?
I need the 1st step
kindly elaborate further
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf:

Let me summarise things for you so you know how stupeedly you come across:

Person 1 - Buhari chose a fellow Northerner as running mate
Beaf - Nah, you shouldn't be thinking about ethnicity
Person 1 - Why? We shouldn't have two Northerners running on the same ticket
Beaf - We should consider only merit and not a persons ethnicity or region, so its ok for Buhari to have another Northerner
FOOL - Really? Tell me why GEJ merits being President?

Dense. How does the fools question fit into any argument on the page, it makes you sound daft.

You're really not making any sense here. You said zoning should be done with. That instead those who merit it should be picked. That's why i asked a simple question that needs a simpler answer. How did GEJ merit been the PDP candidate. What has he done to deserve it. Just answer the question and stop beating around the bush.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by aljharem(m): 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
afam4eva:

You're really not making any sense here. You said zoning should be done with. That instead those who merit it should be picked. That's why i asked a simple question that needs a simpler answer. How did GEJ merit been the PDP candidate. What has he done to deserve it. Just answer the question and stop beating around the bush.

gbamm

he is just wiggling himself around like a worm angry

beaf answer the question angry
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Beaf: 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
afam4eva:

Quit playing the fool, cos you are really looking the part.

21-05-2011:

@beaf
first am not a bruv  grin
that said pls can you tell us how we can manage to quash this zoning madness and change the mindset of  150million people that have been for the most part brainwashed (or hands tied)into thinking the zoning system is the only way the presidency in Nigeria can work?
I need the 1st step
kindly elaborate further

My apologies. Sis? wink

The only way to kill any yearning for zoning is to eliminate the influence of ethnicity from govt. We can have a system where each etnic group is equally represented at the federal level regardless of size. This will ensure that no actions can be ethnically or regionally biased.
I've suggested elsewhere that the easiest way to achieve that goal is by having an equal number of senator per ethnic group (one each would be reasonable); the house of rep can be left based on population. The purpose would be to ensure that by the time a bill gets to the senate, it would require several ethnicities to agree.

Any such radical step would require fundamental constitutional change. I propose we begin to consider the above as part of a true federalism package.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Nsiman(m): 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ beaf, tho its the 1st step of buhari's failure for april polls, will u ever advise gej to pick a southerner for vp slot?
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by blacksta(m): 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nsiman:

@ beaf, tho its the 1st step of buhari's failure for april polls, will u ever advise gej to pick a southerner for vp slot?

lol - A clear case of insanity - beaf asking beaf question - oya Ma j blige ( did not know that Beaf was also cross dresser) answer
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by ekubear1: 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
How on earth did this thread get derailed.

Barake is NOT a northerner, as the OP suggested.

So discussions of the merits of a north/north ticket, etc aren't really relevant
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by 1025: 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2011
this is another useless topic by one useless man. for the first time, i am hearing that bakare is from the north or that kwara state, ogun state and all the yoruba countries are from the north.
again, for the first time, beaf has finally reason from somewhere close to his brain.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by jason123: 1:16am On Feb 03, 2011
1025:

this is another useless topic by one useless man. for the first time, i am hearing that bakare is from the north or that kwara state, ogun state and all the yoruba countries are from the north.
again, for the first time, beaf has finally reason from somewhere close to his brain.

grin grin grin. Well said! Love the sacarsm!!!

eku_bear:

How on earth did this thread get derailed.

Barake is NOT a northerner, as the OP suggested.

So discussions of the merits of a north/north ticket, etc aren't really relevant
Well said!
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by kcjazz(m): 1:26am On Feb 03, 2011
Why are people blaming the interviewee, I think the journalist is the incompetent one here. Don't they verify news stories any more? undecided
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by johndoe200: 5:03am On Feb 03, 2011
I don't know if Bakare is from the north (wouldn't surprise me), what I do know is that he is a big joke.

None of you have a clue, By picking Bakare, Buhari-bin-Laden has ensured that he will still be trying to force himself on us in 2019.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Nsiman(m): 6:34am On Feb 03, 2011
Is kwara state not a north central state? Wake up b4 u post, dn't post in ur dream!
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by aljharem(m): 6:36am On Feb 03, 2011
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by igboboy1(m): 6:49am On Feb 03, 2011
I guess it sucks being Igbo and yoruba in terms of this zoning thing cos for these two groups people look at their ethnicity rather than regional polity, for instance if Saraki came right after Obj and says oh I am from the North its our turn, the whole Nigeria will be like dude eff that shit yorubas have had their turn,

Samething assuming we had president from the SE and an igbo guy from the SS wants to run, nigerians we once again say NNa men have had their turn even though they represent different regions, Na wa
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by Beaf: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2011
igbo boy:

I guess it sucks being Igbo and yoruba in terms of this zoning thing cos for these two groups people look at their ethnicity rather than regional polity, for instance if Saraki came right after Obj and says oh I am from the North its our turn, the whole Nigeria will be like dude eff that poo yorubas have had their turn,

Samething assuming we had president from the SE and an igbo guy from the SS wants to run, nigerians we once again say NNa men have had their turn even though they represent different regions, Na wa

Thanks, you've just laid out the poverty stricken nature of ethnically, religiously or sectionally based politics that primitive ideas like zoning are based on.
The whole North - South rotation /zoning argument is stone age and really holding us back from developing; lets bury it and uphold merit.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by sley4life(m): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2011
The denial will commence shortly
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by bisiaet: 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2011
I would not call it a mistake Buhari might have his reason choosen Bakare. But as things stand either is a mistake or not a mistake both Buhari/Bakare(CPC) has no where to go. April 2011 should not be part of their dream may be some other time in 2020 or 2030 no one can tell but 2011 is a day dream. Because I dont know how they will do it or what magic they will use for a party that has no single state out 36 state of the federation to be dreaming of becoming the next president sorry I seriously doubt it.

As I had said in some of my past post I'm not a PDP fan but with current situation on ground it is obvious they will rule till 2015 nothing to argue or pretend about in this it is a simple fact, despite the fact so many hated them still they are just too far above all other parties in the country. The only party I see that can pull a string on PDP is ACN but still they have only four or five states and I dont know how PDP states can be snatch from PDP in 2011 election I dont just know to be honest this is just my view though I may be wrong.
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by hakanai(m): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2011
Vice-presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Pastor Tunde Bakare, Wednesday dismissed rumours making the rounds that he hails from Ilorin, Kwara State, describing himself as a thorough-bred Egba man.

Rumours were flying that both presidential candidate of the CPC, General Muhammadu Buhari, and his running mate, Bakare, were Northerners, implying that theirs is a North-North ticket since Kwara State is located in the North-central zone of the country, while Buhari hails from Katsina in North-western part of the country.

While dismissing the insinuation as an outright falsehood, Bakare, who told THISDAY through a telephone conversation Wednesday night that he was a bonafide indigene of Abeokuta in Ogun State, added that he hails from Sodeke village in the state capital which was established by Sodeke, one of the founders of Egba in 1830.

Sodeke was one of the notable warriors in Yoruba land in the 19th century, whose fame and heroic acts brought glory to Egba community.

To establish the altruism of his claim, Bakare said he could trace his genealogy up to the fourth and even fifth generations of Egba, recalling that he even built a cenotaph in honour of the memory of Sodeke, his ancestor, which he said was inaugurated by the Ogun State government.

While explaining that both his father and mother were from Abeokuta, the cleric said his father built his house in Iporo, Sodeke in 1922 where he was born 55 years ago, adding that his father’s grave is still in the house “till today”.

Bakare said while his father is now dead, his mother, who is 110 years old, still lives in Abeokuta, saying “without prejudice to the good people of Ilorin”, he has no root whatsoever in the town as being rumoured.

Bakare. who also said he had his primary and secondary school education in Abeokuta, named the schools as All Saints Primary School, Kenta and Lisabi Grammar School, Idi Aba, both in the town, adding that he is well known as a full-fledged indigene of Egba by the Alake of Egba land, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, as well as the Olowu of Owu, Oba Dosunmu.

According to him, both monarchs can attest to his claim of Egba indigeneship. He also said among his school mates in Abeokuta is the incumbent governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Bakare, who said his parents were Muslims from the outset, added that his mother only got converted in 1984, while his father died as a Muslim.

THISDAY also learnt that Bakare had once declared his ambition to run for the chairmanship of Abeokuta Local Government area of the state.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/im-a-thorough-bred-egba-man-says-bakare/85729/
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by UyiIredia(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ topic >>> what a stupid post >>> Bakare, A Northener ! >>> are people this jobless ?
Re: Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. by anonimi: 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!

Btw, I hope everyone who is in Nigeria and posting on this thread has registered so that our househelps, meiguards, drivers etc do not vote in leaders on our BEHALF. And for those not in 9ja I hope they have mobilised their folks and friends back home to register.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo NURTW Deputy-Chairman Beaten-up By Hoodlums / 2023: Policemen, Others To Take Oath Of Neutrality, Non-Bribe Taking - INEC / Navy Promotes 135 Officers, Gets Five New Rear Admirals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.