Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months (50853 Views)

FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Repairs / FG To Close Third Mainland Bridge For Emergency Maintenance / Ministry Of Works Closes A Portion Of Marine Bridge For 8 Months For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by ecolime(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sad thing is no better alternative. Their traffic management plan will be crappy at best.

Alaka end of Eko bridge had been closed since March. Costain bridge too is still under construction since last year October.

This country and its leaders are just too useless.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Vulcan24(m): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
if that bridge was a man by now e for don dey go checkup by itself

how many times ehn!!!
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Hotspotbro(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
Why? I don't trust these ferries but I'll try them

To leave naija be like..

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by CocoaOla: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
How many times them wan do this bridge gan gan where is 4th mainland bridge and apapa railway

This is punishment for lagosian una go get sense by force
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by donbuchi1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
PeachtreeReside:
Let me move to my village.

Minus one, who guess?
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
They should just say they want do another lockdown so we won't need to kuku go out because this is way too much naw... That's one of the busiest route in the morning and evening. Now ikorodu road would be jam packed now

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by michoim(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
SLAP44:
For 6 whole months?

Where will all the northerners living in Lagos be passing from?
Na only northerners you dey see for lagos bridge? Lol
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
yourgistpartner:
government is just making every move to frustrate the average Nigerian but God pass them
Don't just comment because you have internet access. Read the part about worn out joints?
If disaster happens now as a result of that you will still be first to criticize.
If i may ask what alternative solution would you honestly suggest?
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by OLUENTA1: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Typical non sensitive idea by people who are opportune to be in a sensitive position. Another way to let ordinary people suffer, whereas corruption would be the order of the day. Lagosian and visitors from all over the world that would be visiting Lagos Island would feel the pain after spending countless hour on the road to get to the Lagos island and environs. All what the people in charge need to convince whoever that they are actually working. Phantom repair!!! i must say.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Anuoluwapo3054:
They should just say they want do another lockdown so we won't need to kuku go out because this is way too much naw... That's one of the busiest route in the morning and evening. Now ikorodu road would be jam packed now
So they should leave the worn out joints like that abi?
Everything una must complain.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by koning: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
Start the construction of the Fouth Mainland Bridge now. That is the only viable alternative.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by northbird: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
Truetalk3139:
I never knew there is an alternative route o from mainland to the island

There.is. ikorodu road via apongbon bridge.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by gnykelly(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
Reference:
Unending repairs akin to Nigeria's refineries. But where is the Fourth Mainland bridge touted for the last 25 years. That is why all great cities have multiple modes of moving people around. The Federal Goverment had better raise cash to aid the completion of one or two metro routes.

government is broke
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Unrated900(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
PeachtreeReside:
Let me move to my village.

Better
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by litaninja(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
The alternate routes are currently unusable!

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by texazzpete(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
Why didn’t they shut it down during the lockdown ?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by DEADALIVE: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
The most stupid and foolish government i have ever witnessed....u are not building any alternate new route even the suggested route is bad and u want to maintain the dual carriageway at a time where hardship is the order of the day...All of them looking for ways to steal money...since they started ojota till now see people using that ikorodu express way finding it difficult to run their daily activities because of construction every junction on that road...
Later they claim they schooled havard.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by illicit(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
It's long overdue
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by petitejolie(f): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
Im afraid for carter bridge.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by DEADALIVE: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
texazzpete:
Why didn’t they shut it down during the lockdown ?
Because you will have time to monitor the quality of the work done and check mate stealling....
They know if they run the level most of us na daily hustle we no get time reason their matter then they can steal...black man black heart
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by kingthreat(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ban Okada.
Ban keke.
Close 3rd mainland bridge for six months.
No alternative route.
Lagos is bring governed by drug addicts.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by ofiko123(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
6 months too long nau.. Haba..
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by yourgistpartner: 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Don't just comment because you have internet access. Read the part about worn out joints?
If disaster happens now as a result of that you will still be first to criticize.
If i may ask what alternative solution would you honestly suggest?

this is not the first time repairs is being carried out on the road. For crying out loud, 6 months would be catastrophic. there has been a way it is being done before now let them revisit that strategy.

you cannot close third mainland when there is no fourth mainland to absorb the heavy vehicular activities, it will cause more pain and hardship
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Gabrielo7125(m): 5:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
Just go ready 5k for transport to n fro everyday oo.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Bluntemperor: 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Realresk:
Is the damage that bad ni? Six whole months?? Haba!!

Nigerians are wandering how many years have they been coming for repairs now and then!
Governor Sanwo-Olu,when will you Start the ground breaking 4th-Mainland Bridge that Lagosians may have Peace?
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by escohido123: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
APC next level.
Una neva see anything.
If this people were wise they would have started their so called maintenance when there was total lockdown.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by escohido123: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
APC next level.
Una neva see anything.
If this people were wise they would have started their so called maintenance when there was total lockdown.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by okuwehcris: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
It's only in Nigeria you can close a commercial and essential road for six months all in the name of maintenance. What happens if the contractor is ordered to deliver the project in 6 weeks while they work morning and night to achieve its purpose, it's not a road or bridge that should be closed for even one week not, talk more about 6months.

See the Costain bridge that's locked down, some days no work is done on that axises, this project should be tag an emergency one, I am an Engineer so I wonder what's the big deal about expertise and equipment. The government is trying but they should also consider time and usage.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
They should establish 24 hour ferry system.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
It will make sense if Lagos state govt can expand its water travel system during this Six. Simply park your car at Iyana-oworo and take a speed or ferry to VI, Lekki, Marina or Ajah.

When you close from work, take to same means back , pick your car were you left it and go home.

It's that simply.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Artzdanielsz(m): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Another alternative route is by river .Thought lagos state government have already provided boats months back.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Btruth: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
SLAP44:
For 6 whole months?

Where will all the northerners living in Lagos be passing from?
grin grin grin

Naa only northerners dey use the bridge nii?

Anyway, one of the reasons I wanted to relocated away from Lagos. Lagos & her traffic wahala is killing. And one is not only liable to die young with smoking, but I'm sure one is liable to die even younger with Lagos traffic.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Arik Airline Passenger Seat An Expatriate Saw Today (pics) / Images From Abuja - The Pride Of Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.