Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months (50855 Views)

FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Repairs / FG To Close Third Mainland Bridge For Emergency Maintenance / Ministry Of Works Closes A Portion Of Marine Bridge For 8 Months For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Austin234(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Dem for use the lockdown period to begin the repair na. 6 useful months is such a long time. Economic waste i must say
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by earnit2: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
really
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by seunmsg(m): 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Is that d standard practice d world over?

Do you have a better suggestion?

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by SexytorresE(f): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
This bridge always take half of my life whenever I’m on it cry
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Justarandomguy: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nawa for u Nigerians. At least they wanna fix the bridge. Go abroad how long do u think they work on constructions
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Six months lockdown of bridge that link to many Nations? Nigeria running from IPOB leadership.

No road blocks can stop IPOB.

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by delpee(f): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
mployer:
I blame the useless Governor that doesn't have mind of his own. Zero guts

How is this the Governor's fault? The bridge belongs to FG and FMWH is responsible for the repairs.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Equity15(m): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
useless people with out foresight..why didn't they repair it when there was lockdown and less movement? why are they always frustrating the people.?

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 07, 2020
3 things -Covid19 blow-out, Crime blow-out and Flood blow-out WELCOME TO EKO angry angry
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by funmimall(m): 1:29am On Jul 07, 2020
Nawa o.

Thinking of starting phone accessories business? Wholesale and retail? We guide you and give you the best selling products at the best rate.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by lexy2014: 2:27am On Jul 07, 2020
seunmsg:

Do you have a better suggestion?

If we don't no if shutting down an entire 11km bridge for six months for maintenance is standard practice, how then do we offer a better suggestion? So d question still stands, is shutting down d bridge for six months standard practice world over?
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by ThinkFreely: 5:15am On Jul 07, 2020
lexy2014:

If we don't no if shutting down an entire 11km bridge for six months for maintenance is standard practice, how then do we offer a better suggestion? So d question still stands, is shutting down d bridge for six months standard practice world over?
The problem I have with shutting the bridge is that the alternatives are currently unplayable.
A lot of road constructions going on at the same time. Seems like these guys don’t care.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Bobshege: 5:42am On Jul 07, 2020
Hmmm. where did you want Mr olukayode see own money?

naija my country 6 months!!!!

or are we constructing new fourth milan bridge??
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by lexy2014: 6:28am On Jul 07, 2020
ThinkFreely:
The problem I have with shutting the bridge is that the alternatives are currently unplayable.
A lot of road constructions going on at the same time. Seems like these guys don’t care.

My brother, u are right. it's going to be difficult for a lot of people. That's y I asked if that's how other countries do it
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by lexy2014: 6:29am On Jul 07, 2020
Equity15:
useless people with out foresight..why didn't they repair it when there was lockdown and less movement? why are they always frustrating the people.?

Bless u
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by lexy2014: 6:31am On Jul 07, 2020
Justarandomguy:
Nawa for u Nigerians. At least they wanna fix the bridge. Go abroad how long do u think they work on constructions

How is it done abroad? Kindly shed some light. Here u mentioned construction. But are they constructing third mainland bridge or carrying out repairs?
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by dukeaugustus(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2020
That’s how they’ll wake up and make decisions without thinking of the consequences. God will help us �
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Justarandomguy: 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
lexy2014:

How is it done abroad? Kindly shed some light. Here u mentioned construction. But are they constructing third mainland bridge or carrying out repairs?
they take their time doing it, sometimes it takes years to complete. Sorry I meant repairing.

It's best to take your time repairing it than rushing it
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by lexy2014: 4:44am On Jul 09, 2020
Justarandomguy:
they take their time doing it, sometimes it takes years to complete. Sorry I meant repairing.

It's best to take your time repairing it than rushing it

Y would it take years to complete d repair of a bridge abroad? What happened to d bridge that will warrant taking years to fix it? do u have any instance of a major bridge being closed abroad for 6months or years (as u put it)due to maintenance? If a bridge is maintained regularly, would it warrant it being closed for 6months?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Arik Airline Passenger Seat An Expatriate Saw Today (pics) / Images From Abuja - The Pride Of Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.