Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months (50854 Views)

FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Repairs / FG To Close Third Mainland Bridge For Emergency Maintenance / Ministry Of Works Closes A Portion Of Marine Bridge For 8 Months For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by hopexter(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
SLAP44:
For 6 whole months?

Where will all the northerners living in Lagos be passing from?

You should be kind enough to let them pass through your living room. It's only for 6 months cheesy undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by DelilahMakinde(f): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Another lockdown strategy.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by kingthreat(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
yourgistpartner:

this is not the first time repairs is being carried out on the road. For crying out loud, 6 months would be catastrophic. there has been a way it is being done before now let them revisit that strategy.

you cannot close third mainland when there is no fourth mainland to absorb the heavy vehicular activities, it will cause more pain and hardship

We are in a country where as long as it doesn't affect them, to hell with others.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by ThinkFreely: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Some section of Eko bridge has been shut for months now.

I pity costain and carter bridge axis. The kind traffic that will happen in Lagos eh.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by mrvictor: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lagosians go hear am!
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by seunmsg(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
OLUENTA1:
Typical non sensitive idea by people who are opportune to be in a sensitive position. Another way to let ordinary people suffer, whereas corruption would be the order of the day. Lagosian and visitors from all over the world that would be visiting Lagos Island would feel the pain after spending countless hour on the road to get to the Lagos island and environs. All what the people in charge need to convince whoever that they are actually working. Phantom repair!!! i must say.

Are you saying the bridge should not be repaired or the planned repair is phantom?
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Symorne(m): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
A whole six months to repair that? A thing that would take some countries like Japan,China.....just a week to fix.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by seunmsg(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
yourgistpartner:

this is not the first time repairs is being carried out on the road. For crying out loud, 6 months would be catastrophic. there has been a way it is being done before now let them revisit that strategy.

you cannot close third mainland when there is no fourth mainland to absorb the heavy vehicular activities, it will cause more pain and hardship

The headline is simply sensational and the story is short of details. I can tell you authoritatively that the entire bridge won’t be closed to traffic for 6 months.

It’s a dual carriage bridge so one of the lanes will be fully closed down for repairs while the other lane will be converted to a single carriage bridge and opened to traffic. Upon completion, the second lane will be shut down for repairs while the already repaired lane will be opened to traffic.

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by seunmsg(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Symorne:
A whole six months to repair that? A thing that would take some countries like Japan,China.....just a week to fix.

The contract was awarded to an Italian firm and they requested for six months to fix it.

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Sheilapat: 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
Are they joking or something? Eko bridge has not been in use from the Alaka end for the past 3 months. Costain bridge has not been completed as well causing undue hardships to motorists. Iganmu - Ijora road has crater like pot holes and you want to add 3rd Mainlan to the mix Crazy set of folks with no game plan

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by fkj950ax(m): 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
And the notice is less than 3 weeks...
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
shocked huh? The want what happened in 2009 to happen again. Mehnnn the experience then was not nice. As those of us who go to work on the island from mainland suffered.

Come and see how all the commercial buses and private car were always jam packed at the oyingbo and carter bridge route. As in... You would leave home at 5am and still won't get to the office at 11 O'clock, just from yaba to ikoyi. Hmm.... and the population was not this much then. I wonder what it would be like this time around.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by ThinkFreely: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
petitejolie:
Im afraid for carter bridge.
That bridge and Eko bridge are hotspots form criminals.
No allow traffic catch you there for night.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by naturefellow(m): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
Premium traffic loading!

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by yourgistpartner: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
seunmsg:

The headline is simply sensational and the story is short of details. I can tell you authoritatively that the entire bridge won’t be closed to traffic for 6 months.

It’s a dual carriage bridge so one of the lanes will be fully closed down for repairs while the other lane will be converted to a single carriage bridge and opened to traffic. Upon completion, the second lane will be shut down for repairs while the already repaired lane will be opened to traffic.

Apt, I must say. that's just the best they can do in this situation
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by lexy2014: 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by lexy2014: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
seunmsg:

Is that d standard practice d world over?
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by OJURONGBE1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Post taken down.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by QuinieR(f): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
Chisos shocked
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Bimpe29: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
It is for good of us, but there should be a pragmatic alternative.
The resulting effect of this shutdown can never be overemphasized.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
yourgistpartner:

What is your alternative suggestion simple? You seem to know more than Julius Berger engineers who are in charge of the project.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by petitejolie(f): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
ThinkFreely:
That bridge and Eko bridge are hotspots form criminals.
No allow traffic catch you there for night.
hmmmnnn...nd security personnel aren't stations there like how dey are on third mainland bridge. People suppose get gun o
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by badoh(m): 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
mployer:
I blame the useless Governor that doesn't have mind of his own. Zero guts
Can you confront him and tell him he's useless. Some of you will just be using derogatory words which ought to be condemned. What's your own achievement in life for you to be saying a whole Lagos governor is useless. Do you even think Administration and Governance is a child's play. It's better to criticize constructively than hating your fellow human being unnecessarily.QED.

1 Like

Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Tolarnizzy116(m): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
third mainland too small he should av shut down lagos................ or even the whole country
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Could this be why Uber boat was launched? 6 months cashout for Uber shocked
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by dewiseacre(m): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
It's a cultural thing and it's deep rooted in our system. The other day those old men in the house went berserk because Keyamo questioned their rather selfish and personal aggrandizement in the name of "we are working for the people." I'm neither pro APC cause even the SAN's structuring of the whole thing is equally faulty.

Politicians are the same. Selfish and pretentious. You want to renovate 3rd Mainland bridge for the people but you don't offer palliatives or care about how these people will cope during the period. "They should just endure (as they always have)."

I would rather spend 12 months putting structures and systems in place to make life better for the PEOPLE [during the project], so they don't die before it ends in 6-months!
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
Suffering is kuku in lagosians blood. God punish you all.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Biodun1929(m): 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
EngineerBode:
This is the time to run from lagos oo. Except i will confine my activities to just Ikoyi alone

Lol! And I was planning to relocate back to Lagos from Ibadan next month. I will wait till next year.
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by 2cribz: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Na to go buy boat na or buy helicopter. Land don block
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
SLAP44:
For 6 whole months?

Where will all the northerners living in Lagos be passing from?
#rd mainland bridge is no same as Kraal ( Kara bridge) . Obviously with your comment, you have never been to lagos before grin
Re: FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months by DAVE5(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
kuntash:
Let them rather decongest the town instead of these incessant punishment..

-OPEN sea ports elsewhere

-Make a lay by within the many barracks scattered within the states to link roads

-Hold meetings to get agreement with companies with head offices or major hub of activity concentrating only around Etinosa, Lagos Island, Ikoyi,

-State govt to take over federal roads....

This I think would sincerely ameliorate the suffering by residents..

Else, it won't get better, I truly feel for the state!

The government knows what to do to alleviate the suffering of Lagosians at large but if they do it, there won't be medium to loot funds as much as hey want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Arik Airline Passenger Seat An Expatriate Saw Today (pics) / Images From Abuja - The Pride Of Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.