Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Am I Acting Cold? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Acting Cold? (934 Views)

My Fiancée Is Acting Suspicious / Photos Of The Dead Actress That Are Still Acting Movie Till Date / Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Acting Cold? by Tmach137(m): 11:10am On Jul 07, 2020
My cousin is d same age as me but lives in a different country... my family visits their family every year.

My cousin is a nice person and we were closer when we were children but we ave different personalities and values now.

She’s been texting me but I ave no desire to be her friend and it feels shallow and lyk a chore. of course, I want 2 b friendly and will contact her during birthdays and holidays.
My parents stress the importance of connecting with family, making me feel even worse. Am I a bad person for not wanting to maintain contact outside of family gatherings? How can I politely distance myself? Any advice is appreciated!

1 Like

Re: Am I Acting Cold? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2020
Tmach137:
My cousin is d same age as me but lives in a different country... my family visits their family every year.

My cousin is a nice person and we were closer when we were children but we ave different personalities and values now.

She’s been texting me but I ave no desire to be her friend and it feels shallow and lyk a chore. of course, I want 2 b friendly and will contact her during birthdays and holidays.
My parents stress the importance of connecting with family, making me feel even worse. Am I a bad person for not wanting to maintain contact outside of family gatherings? How can I politely distance myself? Any advice is appreciated!

For me, you can stalk her till she gets tired.and sometimes refuse to reply her,she might then get tired
Re: Am I Acting Cold? by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:57am On Jul 08, 2020
It cost you anything to show concerns to family members or others. you are not clever than your parents that said get closer to people. An adage in south west says people are my clothes whenever I sees people am heals.hope you don't loss the person before you know their worth

1 Like

Re: Am I Acting Cold? by chii8(f): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2020
It won't cost you anything to reply a cousin's chat nah.If you have a great relationship with family who are positive minded, it's always a beautiful thing.
Re: Am I Acting Cold? by LordKO(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2020
No, provided that you aren't acting from the place of egoism/self-absorption and pride/conceit. Conscientiousness is golden.

Life becomes a lot easier and meaningful always whenever one bases their condition of associating closely with others on mutual ethical leanings rather than conventional dictation.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Acting Cold? by Fidelismaria: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
what can I say?

Just tell her she makes you uncomfortable

She'll stay way after that
Re: Am I Acting Cold? by Heiterkeit(f): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Fidelismaria:
what can I say?

Just tell her she makes you uncomfortable

She'll stay way after that

Telling her that she makes him uncomfortable without reason is harsh.
Re: Am I Acting Cold? by LordKO(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
ogunboy:

Why do u like speaking plenty and unnecessary grammar like this?

Simplicity is a good thing, you actually sound very tedious and unintelligent with the way u write.

Intelligence/smartness is not by big or plenty grammar, oga.

P for ogunboy! LOL. You already know that my personality isn't for small-minded people . . . this your alternative moniker doesn't make sense, so while on it direct your further mention to mental parochial elements like you. The reason why I'll give you a quasi-attention on your main moniker isn't far-fetched.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - gain this one. Unfortunately, my simplicity will definitely "sound very tedious and unintelligent" to a bumpkin like you.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Acting Cold? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 09, 2020
Your choice.
Re: Am I Acting Cold? by saintvc(m): 4:15am On Jul 09, 2020
no, you are simply an introvert keep being yoursrlf

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? / Wahala / The Five Factors For Better Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.