Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

$25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness (37959 Views)

N4.6bn ONSA Fund Shared To Organise Prayers Against Insecurity – EFCC Witness / Peter Obi Knelt Down To Greet Atiku At NBA Conference (Photos, Video) / EFCC Witness, Sani Dauda Denies Giving Shehu Sani $25,000 Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

$25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by stephanie11: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Prosecution witness and victim in the alleged $25,000 (Twenty-Five Thousand Dollar) fraud, involving Senator Shehu Sani, Alhaji Sani Dauda, on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, continued his testimony before Justice I.E Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, revealing how the Senator who represented Kaduna Central Senatorial District, knelt and begged him to alter his statement with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on how he duped him.

In a statement sent to POLITICS NIGERIA, the commission disclosed that Sani is facing prosecution on two-count criminal charge, bordering on name-dropping, influence-peddling and obtaining the sum of USD$25,000.00 (Twenty-Five Thousand United States Dollars) from Dauda, under a false pretence that he would use the sum to bribe the Acting Chairman of EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, in order to shield the plaintiff from investigation and prosecution and to prompt the Commission to arrest and prosecute the plaintiff’s estranged son-in-law, one Abubakar Musa.

Dauda, in his testimony before the court, said that Sani, after allegedly defrauding him of $25,000, came to his office, knelt, held his legs and begged him to change the statement he gave to the EFCC, concerning the fraud.

According to him, Sani made the entreaties in the presence of his brother, Dr. Ibrahim, who came along with him to his Kaduna residence. Continuing, Dauda quoted Sani as saying: “You are like a father to me, my mom and dad knew you for more than 20 years, and you’re also my godfather”. He said the Senator pleaded that he needed him ( Dauda) to change the statement because of his political career.

According to Dauda, “I then told him I cannot change my statement because I was the one who took the case to them (EFCC). Then his brother, Ibrahim told me that he knew one Permanent Secretary, named Shinkafi who is Magu’s friend and he will inform him about the situation and that he will get back to me on Sunday”. Dauda also said that, Sani assured him not to worry about what would be Magu’s reaction, claiming that the EFCC boss was his friend and that he would just call and talk to him.

“I was in my farm that fateful Sunday when Shehu Sani came and told me that Shinkafi said I should write a letter of withdrawal to EFCC, I then told him I can’t. Since that day, I never saw him again. He switched off his phones as I could not reach him. I then texted(sic) him three times but no response”.

Narrating how he later confirmed that Sani defrauded him, Dauda said that, “I contacted one of my friends, Murtala who knew the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) and he confirmed to me that the CJN didn’t know anything about the matter, then I realized he has duped me.”

Dauda also told the court that when he was coming back from the lesser hajj, aboard Emirate Airline, en route Dubai, that he met Magu and told him about the issue, and that Magu said he knew nothing about the issue. It was at this point, according to him, that Magu advised him to meet his Secretary and write a Petition on the issue.

Justice Ekwo discharged the witness from the dock and adjourned the matter till July 8, 2020, for continuation of trial.

https://politicsnigeria.com/25000-bribe-shehu-sani-knelt-begged-me-to-change-my-statement-efcc-witness/

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Golan007: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Sani in trouble.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by TripA(m): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
interesting only a matter of time before they are all caught

12 Likes

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Babzrockman: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
Shehu Sani? So, we've got another Hushpuppy acting like an activist. Oya ka da fun e toba ribe

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by SmartProf(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
Meanwhile since he lost his re-election bid to the senate he has become a motivation speaker, crusader, nationalist, and moralist on social media. Oga, begin to practice what you preach or change your speech you hypocrite.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Simplyleo: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by opportunes: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
Corruption fight
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by SadiqBabaSani: 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2020
hMmm
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Jayrockk: 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
Dimwits!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Dangrace01: 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Okay oh
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
Wow!
shocked shocked shocked

There was truly a nation!!

We will keep believing in this nation that one day : things will be better.

We will keep hoping against hope that one day : NIGERIA will be great again.

99% of these old politicians have looted our country blindly without giving a hoot about your wailings, curses or cries.
They just steal and move on.

Sigh!!
Goodnight Nairaland.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by fredoooooo: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
That short blogger is already down , he need not to kneel down again .. Stomach activists grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by SenatorBright(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
Aiyelala ooo

1 Like

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by morris477(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Buhari government with corruption, tufiakwa
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
angry
Very discouraging indeed.
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by CelestineNelson: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
R
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by chuckdelis: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
Nigeria is finished, see the way they are using their influence to cover themselves, all Northerners. But if it's Southerners it's prison straight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by obembet(f): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
chuckdelis:
But if it's Southerners it's prison straight.

There still unity there. They help and and save themselves. Southerner can never do that. Southerners see thier brother downfall as stepping stone

10 Likes

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by juustine777(m): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
HALA!
and u no forgive
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by goldenimp(m): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
hmm
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Originality007: 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
Pic of him kneeling and begging

Or....... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by ShitStain(m): 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
Everybody is just so corrupt in this country.

2 Likes

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Villagemeat: 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
Lies,and EFCC did not arrest you too..... because the giver of bribe is also an offence

2 Likes

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
grin

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by ekestic1976(f): 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
Golan007:
Sani in trouble.

Lord God Almighty, cause all Nigerians to wake up into a new morning. The leaders are thieves, the kind no one sees nowhere else but as are bound for hellfire. The mentors have taken more than the Owner can fail to notice and the role models more than the Owner can ignore!

2 Likes

Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by Wasky101: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ok
Re: $25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness by mekaboy(m): 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
Rubbish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi’s Supporters Dump APC / The Fallen Statue Of Justice Has Been Restored (pictures) / Dino Melaye, His Parents, Brothers And Sister In Family Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.