Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. (1309 Views)

At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? / Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? / Is It Song They Use In Teaching Mathematics In School Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by Christmasdon(m): 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Now see what is happening.
Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
Christmasdon:
Lyrics is here

Somebody told me about it
When I was still a little boy
He said to me, crime does not pay
He said to me, education is the key, yeah
As a little boy I thought I knew
What I was doing, yeah man
But today here I am in jail
I' m a prisoner (x3)
I looked all around me
But to see nothing
But four grey walls staring at me
The policeman said to me, son
They won' t build no schools anymore
All they' ll build will be prison, prison (x3)
Cause today, yeah
Dear Lord
I asked the policeman and said
How much must I pay for my freedom?
He said to me, son
They won' t build no hospitals (x2)
All they' ll build will be prison, prison (x4)
I' m a prisoner (x3)

4 Likes

Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by HarunaWest(m): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2020
Christmasdon:
Daft analysis.. It was sang for apartheid

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by falcon01: 12:26am On Jul 08, 2020
HarunaWest:

don't mind him
Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by sylve11: 12:44am On Jul 08, 2020
HarunaWest:

grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by Gudiza(m): 1:09am On Jul 08, 2020
Let's wait for the Prison Prison (Quarantine Act and Infectious Disease Bill wink wink)
Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by phemmyfour: 6:20am On Jul 08, 2020
Mumu Op, where is the "prison" part of the song

1 Like

Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by nairaman66(m): 6:49am On Jul 08, 2020

You lack comprehension skills!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucky Dube Sang A SOng They Won't Be Schools Anymore. We Tot It Was A Joke. by MikeBetty(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
HarunaWest:

No You Are Wrong, It Was Sang As A Warning To Crimimal Minded Youths To Desist From it. It Wasn't Because Of Apartheid.

(1) (Reply)

IMSU ASUU Faults FG's Offer, Gives Fresh Conditions To End The Strike / ASUU Fresh Indefinite Strike 2022: A Pandemic Worst Than Covid About To Happen / The Moment 77year Old Lamidi Apapa Hijacked The LP Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.