Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,533 members, 7,847,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:57 PM

I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG (536 Views)

Doguwa Goes Berserk Again, Assaults Another Party Leader, Threatens Ex-SSG / Police Arrested Man With Result Sheets Showing PDP Won Election, APGA Alleges / James Ibori: I Never Said ‘PDP Sent Me To Jail, APC Released Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:21am On Jul 08, 2020
A former secretary to government of Ondo state, Mr Ifedayo Abegunde, has described a statement credited to him that the last governorship election in Ondo state was won by Mr Eyitayo Jegede of Peoples Democratic Party, but rigged in favor of Mr Rotimi Akeredolu of All Progressive Congress.

He made the denial through a press statement as seen below;

PRESS STATEMENT

The attention of the immediate past secretary to the Ondo state government, Hon Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde has been drawn to a story circulating on the social media, which was purportedly published by one NigerianConcord.com.ng where it was stated that Hon Ifedayo Abegunde stated that the Peoples Democratic party PDP won the 2016 governorship election in Ondo state.He was reported to have said this in an interview granted to crest FM in Akure.

This is a despirate attempt by mischievous elements to rewrite facts.

It is a known fact, that the one and only time the Peoples Democratic party PDP won a governorship election in the state was in 2003.

Although he granted an interview to Crest FM this morning,he did not declear the Peoples Democratic party, PDP the winner of the October 2016 election in Ondo state.

The 2016 election was won by the All Progressive Congress emphatically and beyond any reasonable doubt.

While this unprofessional report could have been ignored, it is also necessary to correct this error so as not to give those who have become consistent losers a false sense of fulfilment.

Alaba Adeyemi

Media Assistant to Hon Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde

https://www.inform.ng/post/i-never-said-pdp-won-ondo-in-2016-ex-ssg
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 08, 2020
Lol.

I pity this man, you said something on radio, now you want to retract.
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by illicit(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2020
2 mouth
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by yemmight(m): 7:34am On Jul 08, 2020
Oponu somebody.
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by dalongjnr: 7:34am On Jul 08, 2020
Prison the await this one
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by zakim(m): 7:35am On Jul 08, 2020
cheesy
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 08, 2020
He should be in jail by now. Unbridled Tongue
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 08, 2020
Na their way....two edged sword
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by Otsam(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2020
ibibiofirstlady:
A former secretary to government of Ondo state, Mr Ifedayo Abegunde, has described a statement credited to him that the last governorship election in Ondo state was won by Mr Eyitayo Jegede of Peoples Democratic Party, but rigged in favor of Mr Rotimi Akeredolu of All Progressive Congress.

He made the denial through a press statement as seen below;

PRESS STATEMENT

The attention of the immediate past secretary to the Ondo state government, Hon Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde has been drawn to a story circulating on the social media, which was purportedly published by one NigerianConcord.com.ng where it was stated that Hon Ifedayo Abegunde stated that the Peoples Democratic party PDP won the 2016 governorship election in Ondo state.He was reported to have said this in an interview granted to crest FM in Akure.

This is a despirate attempt by mischievous elements to rewrite facts.

It is a known fact, that the one and only time the Peoples Democratic party PDP won a governorship election in the state was in 2003.

Although he granted an interview to Crest FM this morning,he did not declear the Peoples Democratic party, PDP the winner of the October 2016 election in Ondo state.

The 2016 election was won by the All Progressive Congress emphatically and beyond any reasonable doubt.

While this unprofessional report could have been ignored, it is also necessary to correct this error so as not to give those who have become consistent losers a false sense of fulfilment.

Alaba Adeyemi

Media Assistant to Hon Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde

https://www.inform.ng/post/i-never-said-pdp-won-ondo-in-2016-ex-ssg

When your lips are faster than your brain, Then your folly manifests

Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by Angel2006: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
Even a blind person in Ondo state know Jegede won the 2016 election.. God is on the throne, you people should continue. You will all pay for your sins one way of the other.
Re: I Never Said PDP Won Ondo In 2016 - Ex SSG by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
Angel2006:
Even a blind person in Ondo state know Jegede won the 2016 election.. God is on the throne, you people should continue. You will all pay for your sins one way of the other.
You didn't follow the 2016 election in ondo, did you?

Jegede never had a chance in that election, he had only a week to prepare after the battle between him and the other aspirant took too long.

Let's not be sentimental mostly on politics, most especially, let's not bring God into politics here in Nigeria please.

(1) (Reply)

Chaos As Agboola Ajayi Attempts To Compromise Pdp Ad Hoc Delegate Election / Senate Seeks Removal Of Age Limit For Job Seekers. / Wike Has Released Joy Nunieh Held Hostage By Police.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.